PDA

View Full Version : Thaifly - Cheap Air Fare from the U.S. HELP PLEASE

billy2bs
January 24th, 2012, 00:19
There are no cheap flights out of the USA now. I suggest you look at United or Continental or Northwest, as they fly to Bkkas part of their own service route. When i first flew United out of boston it was just short of 900 dollars abck in early 2000s but today if you get close to 1300 you do well but mote likely 1600 as they are climbing fast.Fortunatelu i have miles to use so It is less,
If you find 1000 dollar flight from Boston let me know.If you find a 1000$ flight book it fast!!

Bill

soi_toi
January 24th, 2012, 05:01
Where do you want to fly out of and for what time period?

Last month United had airfares to Bangkok for around $850 - $1000, those fares are history now and the lowest fares I can find now for March out of Chicago are $1200 with Cathay or United.

Unless you have access to an air fare consolidator in the US who may or may not have lower fares available, this is what you are looking at today. It's also possible that a sale could pop up tomorrow, or next week, there's no way to know.

bucknaway
January 24th, 2012, 08:10
Try http://www.bt-store.com/

I used them this past October when I too found that Thai Fly was not an option.

lonelywombat
January 24th, 2012, 08:41
This might not be any better than what you have found already but I did the checks on google and found the average return flight was $1245.

I have a bee in my bonnet about the other way to BKK instead of the Pacific route, fly via Europe. I flew from London last year to Bangkok using Turkish Air. I noticed your trip is about 21 hours using all the west bound flights.

Not one of the cut price fares offered were going east via Europe, all were flying west.

Turkish Air flies ex Chicago daily 10,45 hour flight That is just one airline .Google flights Chicago all airports. All the Middle East carriers and destinations are shown.

paperboy
January 24th, 2012, 18:20
hi pay about 1000 euros flying bussness class
comming from the canary islands

great value

Beachlover
January 24th, 2012, 21:16
Why do you Europeans and Americans seem to pay so little for business class flying to Thailand/Asia?!

Atri666, Paperboy and a few others have indicated business class fares of USD$1,000-$2,500 from Europe. That's so cheap!

I'm always having to pay $4,000-$5,000 for return flights to Thailand/Asia from Sydney/Melbourne in Australia! And we only need to fly 9 hours at most to reach Bangkok. Not as far as you guys need to fly! I'm happy to pay that much but just wondering why the hell it's so much cheaper for Americans/Europeans.

I admit the airlines we fly might be nicer (Singapore Airlines and Qantas - both top notch products and usually A380s or just as new) but still... !

GWMinUS
January 24th, 2012, 21:32
I know this does not help for flights to BKK.
But I am traveling to the Philippines in May and June.
The flight on Cathy Pacific was US$1330. I could get a coshare on American with FF Miles.
But I had to fly out of Chicago. Being in New Mexico that did not work so well.
So I am booked on EVA for US$950 RT. Will stop over in Taiwan, that was extra.
I suggest you quickly check foreign carriers because fares are going up!!
George in the USA

mikeisley
January 25th, 2012, 01:30
Call Rhonda at Norcross Travel. She is Thai but speaks perfect English. They specialize in travel to Thailand and are also a ticket consolidator. I have never found cheaper tickets to Thailand any where else and have compared the price to BT Travel and Thaifly. She always beats their price.
Phone number: 1-888-888-7157

lonelywombat
January 25th, 2012, 04:47
I'm always having to pay $4,000-$5,000 for return flights to Thailand/Asia from Sydney/Melbourne in Australia! And we only need to fly 9 hours at most to reach Bangkok. Not as far as you guys need to fly! I'm happy to pay that much but just wondering why the hell it's so much cheaper for Americans/Europeans.

I admit the airlines we fly might be nicer (Singapore Airlines and Qantas - both top notch products and usually A380s or just as new) but still... !

Beachy in another post you claimed because of your height you can curl up in a cattle class seat quite easily. Now we have the big spender claiming he spends top of the market prices.

Have you heard of Jetstar that fly direct from Sydney to Bangkok, their business class seat not quite Qantas or Singapore is less than $1500 Aust return. Maybe you have to go via Melbourne on the way out, but hell I have to go via Sydney to get full service Qantas flight. Life was not meant to be easy.

lonelywombat
January 25th, 2012, 05:00
hi pay about 1000 euros flying bussness class
comming from the canary islands

great value

Can you give the carrier and the route and also price if you can for economy. very interesting alternatives are coming forward every day .

paperboy
January 25th, 2012, 05:45
hi
sure, last year i flew with air europe to madrid then air france to paris, then air france to bkk and same on the way back
this year, flying with air europe to madrid, then klm to amsterdam, then klm to bkk. same for return flights.
There is a group called Sky team, air france, klm and a few others, so i can mix companys, i put my suitcase in, here in the caanries, and the next time i see it (hopefully) is bkk.
i book well in advance 10 months and pay about 1000 euros

paperboy

witchhunt
January 25th, 2012, 12:58
I checked Turkish and Emirates out of interest Forget Emirates and Turkish is still almost $1500. But try for the UK sites rather than the US for cheaper fares it might offer different rates.

My travel agent friend suggested maybe a round the world ticket as it is roughly same distance and time for going east or west returning, same way.

Beachlover
January 25th, 2012, 22:56
i book well in advance 10 months
Ah... I wonder if that has something to do with it. All my international flights from the last year have been booked with under two weeks' notice... sometimes two days' notice. But I checked and even booking in advance it's impossible to get business to Thailand or surrounding countries for under AUD/USD$2,000-$3,000.

Don't get why Aussies pay so much for business when our flights going to Asia aren't as long as the ones coming from Europe and the US! :scratch:

Beachy in another post you claimed because of your height you can curl up in a cattle class seat quite easily. Now we have the big spender claiming he spends top of the market prices.
F*** that. Wasn't that a year ago? Things change. I think I've had to do around 50 flights this last year, half of them long or medium haul... worn out my tolerance.

I'll fly economy if I'm flying with friends but otherwise don't want to deal with crying babies, babies with extra-stinky shit, fat people intruding on my personal space, stinky stinkensteins with poor personal hygiene and the bearded sex tourist in a stained t-shirt who wanted to tell me about how he couldn't decide which one of his "girlfriends" he would marry! (I'm not kidding). Don't get me wrong. They all have every right to fly... at the back of the plane.

I would rather sprawl out on an over-sized leather arm chair, one hand resting behind my head and the other on a wine glass, watching TV, snoozing, working or doing whatever I want while being served whatever food and drinks I want! I was forced to fork out for business class once a while back (no availability in economy and needed to fly urgently). It changed my life! I fly business for anything over 2 hours now. I actually look forward to boarding planes and find flying quite blissful now! The extra $25k-$30k/year is well worth it!

Have you heard of Jetstar that fly direct from Sydney to Bangkok, their business class seat not quite Qantas or Singapore is less than $1500 Aust return. Maybe you have to go via Melbourne on the way out, but hell I have to go via Sydney to get full service Qantas flight. Life was not meant to be easy.
What is up with your inability to get facts correct? Jetstar don't fly Sydney to Bangkok direct. You just contradicted yourself when you mentioned going via Melbourne.

Jetstar business class seats (called Star Class) aren't proper business class and neither is the service. AirAsia long-haul business class may be worth it because you get lie-flat seats to sprawl out on.

I usually fly Singapore Airlines via Singapore as that's a great jumping off point to get to a lot of countries and SIA make it fairly cheap to tag on another business class fare to Bangkok, Taipei, Hong Kong, China and lots of other places... regular daily flights and you can't beat SIA for reliability, service and comfort.

If you're flying Melbourne to Bangkok and have to stopover in Sydney, consider taking Singapore Airlines and stopping over in Singapore instead. Much nicer place/airport to stopover.

latintopxxx
January 28th, 2012, 02:19
tangmo
you mentioned mexico as a 2nd option, try San Jose in Costa Rica, compact, relatively safe and lots of fun. Hot club,bars and sexy gogo dancers.

latintopxxx
January 28th, 2012, 02:20
...and beachlover..stop showing off...you are annoying the hoi polloi...

January 28th, 2012, 02:52
i dont think beachlover is showing off atall .. hes just lost touch with reality .. from what i can gather reading his posts of the last few months he spends most of his life in the air .. or in some top notch hotel in some of the worlds most fabulous locations .. doing the math id imagine he spends somewhere in the region of a million dollars a year enjoying himself .. plus he rents his top notch flat in oz .. thats another 250k a year for a place hes almost never in ... saves living with the rents i guess ... so thats 1.250 mill a year thrown away without a thought .. so you see latin hes lost touch with the likes of most of the members of this board .. i guess we should all just be thankful he can still lower himself to sign on and spare us lepers the time of day ... after all every second on here is another 100k lost ...
and in all honesty i cant be bothered to read his/her bullshit anymore so its off to ignor :alc:

Neal
January 28th, 2012, 03:25
Well I will throw something in here as I have flown back and forth to the USA about 5 times maybe 6 a year.
You all fight to find the cheapest fare. That's ok but you divide up your miles with different carriers and different programs!
Stick to one airline and accumulate miles!! And don't worry about the route so much! That way for maybe 10 years I flew Continental/United from Denver to New York and then over the top to Hong Kong. Switched to Emirates which is a partner and flew into Bangkok. Within 2 or 3 trips I was PLATINUM status. Pay for economy so I continue to accumulate miles and use a small fee and miles to UPGRADE to business First! If you fly free you don't continue to accumulate miles and drop down in status. I always accumulated almost the same amount of miles I would spend because as Platinum you got 125% miles back or maybe it was 150%. So all the time I sat next to passengers who foolishly spent $6k and $8k for a seat that I paid about $2,500 for business which included all fees. As Platinum I always got the upgrade first before gold and silver were selected.
What I am saying is this policy should work with many other locations.
:tif:

bucknaway
January 29th, 2012, 00:23
One other site I am starting to like a lot is hipmonk. Give it a try! It even shows you flight agony index!

http://www.hipmunk.com

Beachlover
February 2nd, 2012, 08:24
you are annoying the hoi polloi...
LOL... I had to look that term up.

The great unwashed...