PDA

View Full Version : Not all gay businesses have given up.

lonelywombat
January 22nd, 2012, 04:52
When all gay venues are bleating there are no gay tourists, it is good to see some positive thinking and advertising and I congratulate both thaimassageboy and Albury Club efforts to stimulate business. The old business adage you can do business on your arse still applies.

You've got to go and find it. I tried to download the 2 posters on http://www.alburymassage.com/ but I could not. Maybe someone not as dumb as I, can do so.

The photos on the website are impressive and not what you might expect in BKK

Gay Massage Male Massage for Men Massage Gay Spa for Men Spa Gay Sauna

Join our Annual Charity Event

On January 21, 2012
Starting 4.30 pm. At Albury MenтАЩs Club, Sukhumvit Soi 11

- Enjoy fun game, booths and win prizes

- Shop goods at attractive prices

- Auction for dinner time with Hey Sexy, smart model

Proceeds after expense are donated to Wat Phra Bat Nam Phu Temple in Saraburi Province for AIDS Patient Care Center.

Albury Men's Club (р╕нр╕▒р╕ер╕Ър╕╣р╕гр╕ ╡р╣И)

About us уААуВвуГлуГРуГкуГ╝уБпуГ╗ уГ╗
Escape from chaos into a privately exclusive sanctuary and indulge yourself in a self-paced professional haven or unleash yourself in a relaxing ambience while mingling with like-minded friends. Located at the CBD of Bangkok, Sukhumvit Soi 11, the place spanning over 6,400 square meters is intact with a lush greenery, accommodating over 20 car parking bays.

Or you may as well choose to refresh yourself with a cup of coffee, enjoy reading pleasure, take a steam bath, gain a total massage experience and enrich your community with local Thai savory foods besides sing-along music

Coffee-Net уААуГНуГГуГИуВлуГХуВз
Drifting away from your usual mundane work d├йcor and the city hustle-bustle, indulge yourself at this corner of Albury For Men where High Speed Internet (WiFi) keeps you in an uninterrupted connection with the outside world. Here, you keep on webbing your computer along with sips of tasty Capuchino, Moccha coffee or drinks of your own delectable choice. Work on your business documents and reports by making use of the modern work facilities available at your hand. Immerse yourself in readings. You can do these activities at your discretion, at our service.

January 22nd, 2012, 06:51
When all gay venues are bleating there are no gay tourists.
do they have half a clue as to why ??
go to a girl go-go bar and pay 100 baht a beer .. or go to a gay go-go bar and pay 300 baht a beer ..
im fucked if id pay ┬г6 a pint in london so why would i want to pay that much to watch a few rancid old queens miming in thailand ...
maybe some of these dumb fuck bar owners need to get real .. (not you daboss) :love4:
id be more than happy to spend 100 pounds a night in a bar if it was a fair price 2 - 3 quid a pint id stay all night and drink far to much and suffer the next morning .. but no way would i stay more than 1 beer for 6 pound a pint .. im not one for being ripped off ..

pong
January 22nd, 2012, 08:43
well, maybe its another group they are persuing? Like the local Thai-Sukh is after all also a major bisnis and shopping district-and quite upmarket. But BTW-if this means they also got a big renovation going up-this was quite overdue by now. or just used some empty space and fumbled in a cofeeshop.
Came back in BKK 2 days ago and visited another shop in faraway suburbia-also bustling with customers. From the looks a fair lot of Sino_thai-up for celebrations of a new dragon year coming.

Beachlover
January 22nd, 2012, 11:34
When all gay venues are bleating there are no gay tourists...
ALL gay venues? Do all gay venues even care about tourists?

Every time I've been to DJ Station in the last year it's been packed!

I still get hit on from all directions every time I wonder off from my BF and his friends! (Innocently... e.g. going to restroom or buying a drink). I bet the same could be said for heaps of gay discos/nightclubs packed with Thais in Bangkok. And NAB in Pattaya was pretty busy when I went a few months back!

Your outlook is forever gloomy!

im fucked if id pay ┬г6 a pint in london so why would i want to pay that much to watch a few rancid old queens miming in thailand ...
maybe some of these dumb fuck bar owners need to get real .. (not you daboss) :love4:
id be more than happy to spend 100 pounds a night in a bar if it was a fair price 2 - 3 quid a pint id stay all night and drink far to much and suffer the next morning .. but no way would i stay more than 1 beer for 6 pound a pint .. im not one for being ripped off ..
Seriously... are you still stuck on whatever the price of beer was 20 years ago?

I bought a lot of drinks over the last four nights in Sydney and notice the average I paid for a beer was $9. That's around 6 British Pounds! If I'm buying a round of beers and want to know how much cash to pull out of my wallet, I just multiply the number of people by 10. Five people means I should pull a $50 note out so the bar tender can just come straight back from the register with my change instead of making a second trip.

--

As for Thailand... you're going to the complete wrong bars if you want normal drink prices! Drinks in DJ Station, Bangkok - 100 baht. Drinks in NAB, Pattaya - 2,000 baht for a 1 litre bottle of Johnnie Black (I think they meant to give me 700ml and made a mistake - but still good value!). Both very reasonably priced.

But I don't go to the Lebua State Tower Sky Bar (Bangkok), Drift Bar (Hilton Pattaya), the Rooftop (Siam@Siam Design Hotel, Bangkok) and expect to pay 100 baht per drink like I do in the previous places! I expect to pay 250-500 baht per drink at these places and am happy to do so because it's worth it! I know I'm paying for more than just a drink... it's the view, the atmosphere, the impeccable service, better quality drinks and/or the swanky/romantic/comfortable setting.

You're really not just paying for a DRINK when you're lying back on a comfortable lounger with your BF beside a pool overlooking the Bangkok skyline at sunset in a picture perfect setting with a waiter to at your beck and call to bring you food and drinks.

SAME... you shouldn't expect to get low drink prices at the type of tourist-oriented gogo bars you're referring to! You should realise you're paying for more than just A DRINK at these place... They have gogo boys. They have shows. They have air conditioning and high rent to ensure they're positioned to attract those types of customers!

You're basically complaining because instead of just sitting in economy, you think the business class seats should have economy class price tags! Go back to economy! Go to normal gay bars or go to the cheap gogo bars in Sunee Plaza if you need your drinks cheap.

jolyjacktar
January 22nd, 2012, 14:03
Or just go to the girlie bars and get your 100bt drinks like i do then wonder of to soi 6 for my fill of a nice hung LB.
Don't go to the boy agogo anymore as they dont gogo just stand there with their mobile phone in one hand and the odd foot movement yep that must be worth 150bt for a beer to see that hahahahahahaha.
If thats your business class ill stick to the economy BL

January 22nd, 2012, 15:11
sorry beachy you been reading barbra cartland again ??
bty does your thai boyfriend *wait for you * when you aint there ..
i dont get the point of many of your posts .. i pay 3 quid a pint in london becasue thats how much it is, thats now not 20 years ago .. tho i expect you can prove me wrong ... even if i live in london and youve never been there !!
lying on a lounger with boyfriend at my side watching the fumes overhead and listening to the honking of the traffic ..
how very very romantic ... then having all the men in the place hitting on you as you make your way to take a shit ...
can life get any better .
.bty i sit in economy and i expect economy service .. i expect to get what i pay for .. sure i can afford first class ... but why ? i dont need some fussy bitch fawning over me for 11 hours .. i just want to be left alone ... so i dont know where or why you have the impression i want first class and pay for economy .. but that is what you do best .. put words into other peoples mouth ...

latintopxxx
January 22nd, 2012, 18:53
...is beachlover the new'latintopxxx"....no sooner does the poor chap post his viewpoint and he gets bashed....no matter what he says...can't we just agree to disagree and exchange views without decending into the gutter...getting a bit crowded down here...I hardly have any elbow room.

Anyway my only gripe with Thai gay entertainment businesses is the "lack of entertaiment"...I don't mind paying BHT250-350 for a drink if there is a bit of entertainment...some gogo bars have real good coyote dancers...but most of the entertainment consists of us the customer looking at the stable of boys on the stage...whilst fending off pushy mamasans...so annoying
There is the show at 22h30 and sometimes another at midnight...but what is one to do outside these time frames...would be great of the bars opened at say 20h00..and had strip shows...cum shows...what ever every 20 min or so....I would gladly sit at a table with friends ...drink...and enjoy the shows...don't always want to off a boy immediately...or at all....would gladly drink 3 or 4 drinks in an evening....at the inflated prices bar owner surely would be in the black...plus the occasional BHT50 to 100 tip pushed into a gogo boys speedo...win-win all round....

Beachlover
January 23rd, 2012, 20:46
bty does your thai boyfriend *wait for you * when you aint there ..
Nope... Not that simple. We are "periodical boyfriends"... for want of a better term. We see each other when timing/geography/relationship status allows.

We like each other a lot and it's freakish how similar we are in mindset, values and character. He still looks at me the same way he did when he first chatted me up in DJ Station. He's the only guy I've been with who I can picture settling down with later on. Just a really special person and rare to find, I think. Maybe I'm being cynical but I find guys like him so rare on the gay dating scene... whatever the country.

We'd love something more serious but we're both young and have a few geographically dynamic years ahead of us. I have responsibilities to my businesses and my family/friends in Australia. I still travel a lot, now having to go overseas for business too, which I never had to do in the past. He's in Thailand now but once his current contract is up, he's got a stint doing further study abroad and then probably helping his current employer expand abroad, could be any country... So neither of us know where we'll be living in two-three years.

I hope our paths will intertwine more permanently in the future. In the meantime, we talked it over and agreed that whenever I visit Bangkok, if he's not seeing anyone and I'm not seeing anyone back in Australia, then we'll get together. Otherwise, we should feel free to see other guys when we're not together because we're only young once and shouldn't put off our current happiness over each other.

bty i sit in economy and i expect economy service .. i expect to get what i pay for .. sure i can afford first class ... but why ?
What does it say when someone uses an analogy and you take it literally?

The point is, there's plenty of gay bars and gay gogo bars with 100 baht drinks you could visit to get the cheap drinks you want. But you want these higher-end gogo bars to charge the same as the lower end gogo bars and normal gay bars. You don't get they're not one and the same product. Just pay whatever they're asking or go get your cheaper drinks in normal gay bars and the lower end gogo bars!

If they're serving a shitty product then that's another matter...

orson
January 24th, 2012, 12:26
There is the show at 22h30 and sometimes another at midnight...but what is one to do outside these time frames...would be great of the bars opened at say 20h00..and had strip shows...cum shows...what ever every 20 min or so....I would gladly sit at a table with friends ...drink...and enjoy the shows...don't always want to off a boy immediately...or at all....would gladly drink 3 or 4 drinks in an evening....at the inflated prices bar owner surely would be in the black...plus the occasional BHT50 to 100 tip pushed into a gogo boys speedo...win-win all round....

an excellent point, in fact that is what the dream boys/boys bangkok is doing. having the 1st show upstairs and after a 25 minute intermission, transfer the show downstairs. they supposedly do not charge for another drink for the next show, but really, only those who has drunk a liter or so of water will have difficulty finishing the drink after the first show.

i do not know why the early shows done by the defunct future boys did not caught up with the other clubs. why does everyone in the soi try to cannibalize each other's business by putting on the show all at the same time. the gay tourist will have to choose among them, so they loose a customer. but if have a shorter but earlier show, the punters might want to visit them early. granted he might not stay for the night, but you have an untapped market here with almost no competition until 2230.

the ideal situation would be each club will time their shows such that punter can do a club hopping for those who are just interested in entertainment and have no wish to off a boy. maybe the TAT should step in to help :glasses7:

orson
January 24th, 2012, 12:27
Or just go to the girlie bars and get your 100bt drinks like i do then wonder of to soi 6 for my fill of a nice hung LB.

which club has hung LB? :occasion5: