PDA

View Full Version : Spartacas news letter just arrived

lonelywombat
January 20th, 2012, 06:09
I had forgotten I had registered for Spartacas newslettter, but was interested in how up to date they are. They probably need a local reporter not only for Pattaya but all cities in SE Asia. Opening for bright young thing.

Here is the link to the Thailand page I will post over the weekend the links to nearby countries after I have had a browse.

http://www.spartacusworld.com/hotels/asia/thailand

First you click on the cities for more info. If it is in German. To change look in the black bar near top on RHS Eng/Deu

Some interesting places and some notable omissions. This link is hotels only, did not have time to find the Thailand bar info.

Beachlover
January 21st, 2012, 10:23
Had a quick look and I think that site has really missed the boat in terms of being of much use to gay travelers!

The hotel listings are handy but for everything else, bars, nightclubs and other gay-oriented services, Utopia, Gayscout and other sites, blogs and forums are far superior. The problem is you need to search for them.

Having said that, it might be easier for Spartacas to just stick to hotels and events. Hotels are stable but bars are inherently unstable businesses.

I think having up to date info on bars and clubs is extremely challenging because they're such not only do they often open, close and move often. Crowds change - in terms of type, size and timing - overnight.

This is the info I find most challenging to get when I land in a new city... which bars are busy with what type of crowd, on what nights and at what times. I find locals are most up to date on this but even they don't always keep up on it and sometimes I don't know any locals so I have to rely on the hit and miss of sites like these.

If only there was ONE site that had up to date listings on gay nightlife venues, maps or location addresses which are actually ACCURATE and up to date running commentary from locals and recent visitors! But then that might take the challenge and spontaneity out of partying... Wooot!
:party

[youtube:2cyvv80h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdXesX6mYUE[/youtube:2cyvv80h]