PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a new place to stay in South Pattaya

colmx
January 20th, 2012, 03:10
Hi All
After many happy stays in a studio apartment @ Renu House on pattaya 3rd road BF and I have finally decided that next trip we will look for a 1 bedroom apartment.

The studio style apartment is just too small for someone that likes his lie-ins (me), and his evening naps (him) so next trip its time to splurge out on a bigger room

Looking for any recommendations from board members

Must haves:
-Releatively new and clean
-Separate Living and Sleeping rooms
-Be in South Pattaya - South of Pattaya Tai, North of the overpass
-Must be guest friendly (we tend to have a lot of guests!)
-Must not have over zealous security guards (pet hate of both myself and BF) - but should have good security and/or keycards
-Serviced or un-serviced is ok

Ruled Out:
-Mosaik is already ruled out as BF does not like the security guards there and had too many petty run-ins in a past stay
-Sanya is also ruled out as it is too near the market (and too old fashioned)
-Most of the run down condos we have previously seen in Centre condo rules it out
-Pius Place seems to only have studio style rooms

Some options:
-Diamond City Place (seems over priced @1500B per night for their city suite) http://www.diamondcitypattaya.com
-Tonys apartments on 3rd road http://www.tonydisco.com/html/lido%20gr ... MENTS.html (http://www.tonydisco.com/html/lido%20grand/APARTMENTS.html)
-Yensabai - are there apts to rent here or only studios?
-V.C.C./U.C.C./MyView Condo - newer than yensabai not sure if there are apts to rent here or only studios?

Anybody have any suggestions? Remember it must have separate living and sleeping rooms!
Thanks in Advance

Dboy
January 20th, 2012, 09:06
"-V.C.C./U.C.C./MyView Condo - newer than yensabai not sure if there are apts to rent here or only studios?"

I can give you info on VCC/UCC. Security guards not nozy, no signin/signout. Parking is good, some covered. The salt-water pool is nice, and never crowded. There ARE multi-room units available for rent, and there's a rental company on the first floor that manages quite a few units in the 2 buildings. Downside: Sometimes the big motor-coach bus drivers park by the pool at night, no idea why. If you're on foot, the walk to south road is a chore. Internet service is fast enough, but not the best (I prefer the best). There are a few units where the only view out the front windows is the other building...don't get one of those. Quality of construction is ok, water pressure is fine. Price range there is 18K/mo - 24K/mo depending on size of unit, quality of furnishing, etc.

January 20th, 2012, 13:31
For Yensabai Condo you might check with Rudy at Pattaya Rent A Room http://www.pattayarentaroom.com/. His office is directly across from the entrance to Yensabai Condo.

lonelywombat
January 21st, 2012, 05:23
I would suggest that even considering Yensabai Condos is a waste of time. There are a lot of retirees in the building that would not take kindly to noisy parties and the security guards are stricter than Mosaik.

My suggestion is stay with Mosaik but ask to be in the building C which is next to Grottina bakery on the corner. My friend who stayed there for over a month, told me he never even sees the night security as the entrance to C is around the corner, out of sight. There are advantages and disadvantages with that, but it is all AYOR.

Probably the old Flamingo is more to your needs as it does not have a front desk 24 hours . That might not be accurate , it was based on my friends observations only.

Search Flamingo if you need more info.

Dboy
January 21st, 2012, 07:03
Here's all the info I found on the (new) Flamingo:

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/flamingo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would be very interested to hear any fresh feedback on this place. Used to stay there all the time; would be nice to hear if they are still gay-friendly and would like to see some photos of the rooms now that they've been redone. This could be a very good option; much closer to south road, and only a few doors down from Salt & Pepper. Smaller rooms than vcc/ucc.

Dboy

lonelywombat
January 21st, 2012, 07:25
Flamingo Hotel, which in past years has been a favourite of readers of GayButtonthai, has just re-opened after being renovated. Located at 20/182 Soi Day-Night 2 off South Pattaya Road, it is next to Salt and Pepper Restaurant and opposite Mosaik Apartments. The manager is Khun Oui; she pronounces her name "oo-ee". Her mobile phone # is 081-3092133. E-mail: oui_jeera@hotmail.com. No website (yet).

cut and paste from gaybutton posted in december

colmx
January 21st, 2012, 08:13
Thanks for the replies so far:
Dboy: did you get a 1 room apartment in UCC/VCC? if so who did you rent through?

BFF: Thanks for teh link to Pattayarenta room - will forward to my "manager" and see what he thinks!

Lonely: Even suggesting Mosaik to my BF on last holiday almost called ructions!

Lets just say that I would have a better chance of him staying in a haunted house than there...

He simply can't abide the security guard(s) and tehe way they spoke to him... i know that i lot of guys and their BFs have/do stay there and stay there regularly.... but my guy and the guards there simply never got on... always petty incidents... Friends not allowed to visit in evening (Even though he was the lessee) "where you get motorbike", "Why you change motorbike", "Don't park there,,park here/ Don't park here,Park there"

Think this was mainly down to the fact that BF was friend of Tar from BlueHouse (RIP) and the guards didn't like my BF joking with the staff there...

I know it all sounds a bit petty but the guards there really got his back up... and it is definately out!

As for flamingo... as far as i am aware they have hotel rooms only... or do they have bigger rooms/suites?

Captain Swing
January 21st, 2012, 15:07
I'm surprised to read the comment about Yensabai. I've stayed there several times and always thought the security was rather "pro forma," more for appearances' sake than anything. I never saw them hassle anybody, and they were never anything but pleasant to me or my BF. Then again, we were never trying to get away with anything. We did have a party of sorts in the room once--eight or so people--and nobody batted an eye. These were BF's neighbors/friends, though--working-class adults and a couple of kids--not barboy types, and we weren't particularly noisy. Yes, retirees live there, but they know they're in Pattaya, not Palm Beach.
I stayed in Flamingo once prior to the redo and had a two room suite, for what that's worth. Don't know the current situation, but I'd be surprised if they don't still have some.

lonelywombat
January 21st, 2012, 16:39
My impression is their party starts after NAB or similar closes. From your post I guess that your guests were neither wild or pissed and had left say midnight. But if people go to clubs to 2.3.4AM maybe later and want to kick on do you think Yensabai residents would be happy?

You sound like the type of guy that has a quiet time not an orgy. I have been visiting and seen the security collecting all ID and as he sits right outside the lift misses little.

colmx
January 21st, 2012, 20:27
My impression is their party starts after NAB or similar closes. From your post I guess that your guests were neither wild or pissed and had left say midnight. But if people go to clubs to 2.3.4AM maybe later

Actually we never have any parties in our room, partying is done in the bars, clubs, karaokes...
When its time for back its usually just time for sleep!

Have no problem with good securrity doing a good job.... However have no time with "jobsworths" who for example would not let a boy (18+) come back to join BF and I in room (even if it was just to sleep or to pick something up from the room)...

goji
January 22nd, 2012, 05:50
However have no time with "jobsworths" who for example would not let a boy (18+) come back to join BF and I in room (even if it was just to sleep or to pick something up from the room)...
That's well out of order. So what's their basis for refusing adult visitors?
If the T&C don't allow you to have visitors, I wouldn't stay there in the first place.
If the T&C do allow visitors, but the guards don't I would be straight around to complain to the manager next day.

A critical report would be posted on Trip Advisor too.

Where the hell do they think they are? Saudi Arabia or Pattaya?

colmx
January 22nd, 2012, 06:26
However have no time with "jobsworths" who for example would not let a boy (18+) come back to join BF and I in room (even if it was just to sleep or to pick something up from the room)...
That's well out of order. So what's their basis for refusing adult visitors?
If the T&C don't allow you to have visitors, I wouldn't stay there in the first place.
If the T&C do allow visitors, but the guards don't I would be straight around to complain to the manager next day.

A critical report would be posted on Trip Advisor too.

Where the hell do they think they are? Saudi Arabia or Pattaya?
Thats why i called them "josworths" - google the term!

Their basis for refusing adult visitors is because they can... its called malicious compliance here in the west....

Ok maybe technically the room should only have 2 people overnight... doesn't stop 4 people sharing the room next door though

Hence the reason i'm looking for a place without Nazi security guards that allow 18+ visitors wthout being 3rd reich about it...

As per my original post Renu house where we usually stay has got very "tough but fair" secrity guards... i am looking for similar.. but with bigger rooms!

lonelywombat
January 22nd, 2012, 11:37
The former bar in Sunee Tweetz now closed, still has rooms above the bar for rent. The owner now operates Skye Restaurant and Drinks on the site of the old Villa Rouge.

http://www.skybarsuneepattaya.com/

There is a big write up incl pics and email address here

http://www.gaypattaya.net/?page_id=2

If you want more than one room you could be lucky

newalaan
January 22nd, 2012, 18:03
Actually we never have any parties in our room, partying is done in the bars, clubs, karaokes...When its time for back its usually just time for sleep!Have no problem with good securrity doing a good job.... However have no time with "jobsworths" who for example would not let a boy (18+) come back to join BF and I in room (even if it was just to sleep or to pick something up from the room)...
He simply can't abide the security guard(s) and tehe way they spoke to him... i know that i lot of guys and their BFs have/do stay there and stay there regularly.... but my guy and the guards there simply never got on... always petty incidents... Friends not allowed to visit in evening (Even though he was the lessee) "where you get motorbike", "Why you change motorbike", "Don't park there,,park here/ Don't park here,Park there"Think this was mainly down to the fact that BF was friend of Tar from BlueHouse (RIP) and the guards didn't like my BF joking with the staff there...I know it all sounds a bit petty but the guards there really got his back up... and it is definately out!Your description of Mosaik security is a bit of an eye-opener Colmx, I too was going to suggest you re-consider there but i can see why you won't. Never realised they could be so 'jobsworth'. I have never had anything other than top-notch attention from the security there, but in general it takes them all their time to get their backsides off the seats outside the office to do anything from what i have seen. There are a couple of them i dont care for, but two of them are great guys. They park our car, keep an eye on it, never interfere. I had heard in the past that one or two of them had challenged what i assume to be 'newbies' there to try and get a tip for 'allowing' a friend back with them but as far as i was concerned the had/have no right/power to challenge anyone for ID's or anything. We often have a few friends in, not quite partying but arriving with booze and stuff from 7-11 mostly for a pre-night out chat and drinks. Gay/straight/females mix of friends coming and going when I am not there, as my bf likes to sit thai-style with whisky, snacks and Thai company for a couple hours which suits us both fine as I have an early evening trawl round a few bars. But never had any issues whatsoever.

If they did start 'hassling' my bf I would just tell them straight not to interfere, failing that would have a word with Nong in the office. It's none of their business who your bf interacts with esp with Ta at Blue House. I used to stop by there on my way to or from Mosaik regularly, I was really shocked when Pong told me he had died as i had known him for best part of a decade.

As for flamingo... as far as i am aware they have hotel rooms only... or do they have bigger rooms/suites?Don't know if you have contacted them yet, but when I stayed at Flamigo before they closed, i always had a 'suite' there. The suites were really just two standard rooms with connecting door introduced, so you had 2 balconies, great size living accomodation, two tv's, two fridges and two bathrooms which was very handy for overnight guestes if not showering together. Not plush infact quite tired, but more than acceptable.If there has been any refurbishment to the actual rooms then I think it might be a good option.
My suggestion is stay with Mosaik but ask to be in the building C which is next to Grottina bakery on the corner. My friend who stayed there for over a month, told me he never even sees the night security as the entrance to C is around the corner, out of sightEven better is the 'F' block which is on Day/Night 1 soi, although the rooms are mostly Prestige one beds, the times we stayed there can't remember seeing a security guy the whole time of our stay. The Prestige One Beds are decent value outwith the peak months. The rooms are huge and wonderfully furnished. Big main bedroom, massive lounge and even seperate kitchen room.

Dboy
January 23rd, 2012, 11:21
Dboy: did you get a 1 room apartment in UCC/VCC? if so who did you rent through?

I got a large loft-style place. It was as large as a 1 br, but I really liked the open layout, mountain/pool view, so I picked that...24K. I don't recall the name of the leasing people, but it's the French guy with the leasing office on the first floor of the complex. You might also stop by Salt & Pepper and ask Mr. Z (or his wife), because they own a place in that complex that they rent out. Last I heard they have a long-term tenant, but it can't hurt to ask; also they might know someone who has a place for rent.

You might also be interesting in checking this out to help you get a feel for what's available:

http://www.pattaya-property.net/

Their office is across from Soi 13 (Central Pattaya) in The Avenue shopping center. No connection at all with this company, I just like looking at the pix.

Here's a pic of the Prestige 1 B/R at Mosaik:

http://www.mosaikpattaya.net/suite-prestige-1b.html

I like very much! Have only stayed in the front building at Mosaik. Never any problems with the security people.

Dboy

christianpfc
January 24th, 2012, 01:17
Have you heard of Pacific Place? It's about 5 minutes walk east of Sunee on a street that is between Soi VC and Soi Yensabai. Next to Pius Place if I remember correctly. It's pretty new and the rooms look good (a friend's friends live there).

The room I saw had one room (living plus sleeping, well not much living as it is not big) and a bathroom. Maybe they have larger apartments that fit your needs.

Internet cafe, parking space, key card. I didn't see a security guard.

goji
January 24th, 2012, 01:39
If they did start 'hassling' my bf I would just tell them straight not to interfere, failing that would have a word with Nong in the office. It's none of their business who your bf interacts with esp with Ta at Blue House. That approach with the security guards seems correct to me. As long as you are operating within the rules, stand your ground, then complain to the management.
Now if the rules really permit them to stop a third person visiting the room AND they are dumb enough to enforce the rule, it's time to go elsewhere.

Dani69
January 24th, 2012, 02:51
I have stayed in Mosaik many many times and never had any problems with who I bring back with me or if they go on there own to my Room with the key - Think there must be a big problem with your particular security guard (ColmX) and Blue house massage - As far as I am aware with Mosaik as long as your guest/guests are over 18 there are no restrictions what so ever and I have had many a good party there with multiple guests... :party

RonanTheBarbarian
January 29th, 2012, 08:12
Just looking at the link to the Flamingo in another thread , the suite might cover your requirements...it is unclear if the lounge is separate from the room though, which is I presume what you are need.
Price is 1500 baht though, which would be on the dearer end of the spectrum.

RonanTheBarbarian
January 29th, 2012, 08:19
Have you heard of Pacific Place? It's about 5 minutes walk east of Sunee on a street that is between Soi VC and Soi Yensabai. Next to Pius Place if I remember correctly. It's pretty new and the rooms look good (a friend's friends live there).

The room I saw had one room (living plus sleeping, well not much living as it is not big) and a bathroom. Maybe they have larger apartments that fit your needs.

Internet cafe, parking space, key card. I didn't see a security guard.

Are you sure about the name, christian?

There seems to be no record of a Pacific Place in Pattaya on the internet (there is one in bangkok)

Do you know what it is called in Thai?

goji
January 29th, 2012, 17:18
Just looking at the link to the Flamingo in another thread , the suite might cover your requirements...it is unclear if the lounge is separate from the room though, which is I presume what you are need. Price is 1500 baht though, which would be on the dearer end of the spectrum.

This most definitely has 2 separate rooms: SUPERIOR ROOM (front with balcony, lounge area, 2 TVs and 2 bathrooms) 1200B per night
Remember they also negotiate on prices, particularly for a lengthy stay. Try asking for 2~300 baht off.

christianpfc
January 29th, 2012, 22:28
@ Ronan: I am pretty sure about the name. I checked on the internet before I posted, no hits. I went in (to my friend's room) a few times. It said "Pacific Place" in English, I don't remember a Thai name of the place.

colmx
February 3rd, 2012, 07:20
"-V.C.C./U.C.C./MyView Condo - newer than yensabai not sure if there are apts to rent here or only studios?"

I can give you info on VCC/UCC. Security guards not nozy, no signin/signout. Parking is good, some covered. The salt-water pool is nice, and never crowded. There ARE multi-room units available for rent, and there's a rental company on the first floor that manages quite a few units in the 2 buildings. Downside: Sometimes the big motor-coach bus drivers park by the pool at night, no idea why. If you're on foot, the walk to south road is a chore. Internet service is fast enough, but not the best (I prefer the best). There are a few units where the only view out the front windows is the other building...don't get one of those. Quality of construction is ok, water pressure is fine. Price range there is 18K/mo - 24K/mo depending on size of unit, quality of furnishing, etc.

Hi All
Flights all booked for the Easter/Songkran trip - so it time to get working on the accomodation
Something about the pics of Flamingo does not appeal to e - looks the same as it did 11 years ago and i would prefer something a bit more comtemporary (especially at the prices they charge for their suites)

I mentioned Mosaik agin to BF a few mins ago and the answer was still a firm NO!

Dboy
Looks like V.C.C./U.C.C./MyView Condo is the outstanding choice for us at the moment
BF has taken a look at the pics on http://www.apatpro.com and agrees that the apartments look nice - especially the larger ones @800B per night

Some questions:
Is the internet wireless? Did you need a Wireless key and was it an additional cost (not clear from the website)
I presume that the pool is free to use for all residents of either blocks?

Security you say they are not nosey... did you ever bring back more than 1 boy.. any hassles?
Would hate to pay up front for my room and then find that security would not let any additional joiners back!

Are the front doors secured by keycard etc (to keep away unwanted repeat visitors!)
Thanks in Advance!

Dboy
February 3rd, 2012, 10:42
Dboy
Looks like V.C.C./U.C.C./MyView Condo is the outstanding choice for us at the moment
BF has taken a look at the pics on http://www.apatpro.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and agrees that the apartments look nice - especially the larger ones @800B per night

Some questions:
Is the internet wireless? Did you need a Wireless key and was it an additional cost (not clear from the website)
I presume that the pool is free to use for all residents of either blocks?

Yes, internet is wireless, no additional cost. Pool free. <editing post...now that I think about it, I think the unit I had last time was WIRED, but some are wireless only>

Security you say they are not nosey... did you ever bring back more than 1 boy.. any hassles?
Would hate to pay up front for my room and then find that security would not let any additional joiners back!

No joiners fee. This is a condo...not hotel. Should never be a joiners fee at this type of place. If you have a bunch of people moving in and LIVING in the unit, like 5+ people living in a one-bedroom, then you'd have issues. Outside of that, no worries.

Are the front doors secured by keycard etc (to keep away unwanted repeat visitors!)
Thanks in Advance!

The main door is not key carded. Once you walk in, before you can access the stairs/elevator, there's a key fob that you use. If psycho-boy wants back up to your room, he will simply wait for someone with a key to come along, or he'll just ask someone. Likely they will be "helpful" lol.

If you are into "rough trade" or something like that, use a short-time room, or book a second hotel room. There are a few B&B's in Sunee that are ideal for this. Best to only take people back to your room who you know a bit; and the more guys you take back to your room at one time, the more risk you are taking (likely exponential risk, not linear risk). If you're drunk WHILE you are doing this stuff...even more risk. This is the downside to security that is hands-off. That all said, I've NEVER had any issues; but I don't drink, not into rough types at all, and I steer clear of risk as much as I reasonably can.

colmx
February 3rd, 2012, 17:48
The main door is not key carded. Once you walk in, before you can access the stairs/elevator, there's a key fob that you use. If psycho-boy wants back up to your room, he will simply wait for someone with a key to come along, or he'll just ask someone. Likely they will be "helpful" lol.

If you are into "rough trade" or something like that, use a short-time room, or book a second hotel room. There are a few B&B's in Sunee that are ideal for this. Best to only take people back to your room who you know a bit; and the more guys you take back to your room at one time, the more risk you are taking (likely exponential risk, not linear risk). If you're drunk WHILE you are doing this stuff...even more risk. This is the downside to security that is hands-off. That all said, I've NEVER had any issues; but I don't drink, not into rough types at all, and I steer clear of risk as much as I reasonably can.

Hi Dboy
Thanks for the update
Not into rough trade at all... in fact completely into "nellie" types (as GB put it so succinctly on his board recenly!)
Although BF does prefer Straight looking boys... So it would quite often happen that he would have a boy and I would have one too
(which is one of the main reasons why we want a 1 bed apt - renting a second hotel room or 2 bed apt just increases likelyhood of one of us staying all night in that second room and the inevitable fall out the next day.!)

So as long as security don't mind that i guess we will be ok :party
Now all we have to do is find a vacant room!

colmx
March 21st, 2012, 06:34
A little bump on this...

Juts over 2 weeks till my visit and still no nearer to finding suitable 1 bed place... Have sent an e-mail enquiry and BF has called our 1st preference... but we have yet to hear back from them...

So just thought I would open this up to see if anyone has seen any suitable new places in the South pattaya area
Has anyone seen the new apartments over Stardust Karaoke (Old Topman) in Sunnee

Don't worry I am not panicking-we can always to back to our usual accommodation at Renu house... (might even rent 2 rooms side by side there and make our own door between the rooms!!)

I mentioned staying in Mosaik to BF again last night and his answer was that i could stay there... alone!

newalaan
March 21st, 2012, 18:38
I mentioned staying in Mosaik to BF again last night and his answer was that i could stay there... alone! Just to labour the point with your bf, a final word on Mosaik Colmx. A couple of my stays there we had a 1 bed apt in F Block. F Block is on Soi Day/night 1 (one) across from (the now being refurbished) Day Night Hotel. There is a separate exclusive Mosaik entrance onto soi 1, and it is completely on it's own far away from all the other Mosaik properties. It is connected (like all the Mosaik properties on soi1 &2) with internal rear doors (locked)and corridors to the main building for maintenance guys etc... but the twice we stayed there I never saw one Mosaik employee (or indeed another guest) the whole time of our visits. We checked in/out at the main office, and the only time we saw one of the security/maint guys was when they checked the water/electric metres with us on departure.

The only thing i'm not sure about is which apt types they have in F Block. It was a Prestige one-bed we had which is the most luxurious/expensive of their suites, but it was massive. Huge beautifully decorated lounge, huge bedroom, seperate kitchen with everything you could poss need, large TV's in bed and lounge. The prices are never totally clear from their website but a leaflet i have from a few years ago still seems to be current. Their high season prices finish 31 March, so April should be low season prices.

F Block is on it's own, and feels totaly independent of the rest of Mosaik. If you and your bf come back together with your 'giks' assuming the bedroom will be 'used' the Mosaik lounge sofas are the most comfortable I have come across in any apartment, and they make great 'bonkettes'. Try your bf with this 'new info'. An email to 'Nong' at Mosaik would let you know what the apt choices were and low season prices for Block F. Highly recommend, 'sort out' (persuade) your bf colmx!

March 21st, 2012, 20:45
An email to 'Nong' at Mosaik would let you know what the apt choices were and low season prices for Block F. Highly recommend, 'sort out' (persuade) your bf colmx!

I've actually literally just emailed them actually asking exactly that same question for the Songkran week/ weekend ( well 10th to the 17th in my case) so I'll post (if) and when I get a reply.

cdnmatt
March 21st, 2012, 21:23
Just a quick comment on the Mosaik thing... this is why you become friends with the security guards. Buy them some beer, chat them up, maybe grab some food, etc. I don't know, I stayed at Mosaik lots in the past, and never once had the hint of a problem. Just a smile and wave is all I ever got.

Dani69
March 22nd, 2012, 03:47
Just a quick comment on the Mosaik thing... this is why you become friends with the security guards. Buy them some beer, chat them up, maybe grab some food, etc. I don't know, I stayed at Mosaik lots in the past, and never once had the hint of a problem. Just a smile and wave is all I ever got.

Totally correct I have stayed there many times too and always found the security excellent -- they have even checked boys ID for me ---- only when I have asked them of course - for me best place to stay . Back there in 12 days and counting

Manforallseasons
March 22nd, 2012, 10:24
Lonely: Even suggesting Mosaik to my BF on last holiday almost called ructions!

Lets just say that I would have a better chance of him staying in a haunted house than there.(quote)colmx

Which one one you is paying the rent?

Dodger
March 22nd, 2012, 14:33
colmx,

As you know already finding a full sized apartment in S. PTY is a tough proposition - as the vast majority are studios.

It's too bad your interest is restricted to S. PTY as you could rent a full-size apartment in Jomtien, i.e., View Talay, Chateau Dale, etc. for less money and get a lot more in return.

There are numerous studio rentals within walking distance to Sunee Plaza which rent for 3,500 - 4,500 baht/month. You could always rent two of these side-by-side = 7,000 baht/month and call it a day.

Someone here mentioned "Pacific Place"...forget it, unless you speak arabic.

Flamingo is over priced for the size of the units.

Mozaik...same, same.

Yensabai...best value for the low prices they charge for rentals...great location...but all are studios unless I'm mistaking.

Good luck...see you on the sois...I arrive 6 April.

March 22nd, 2012, 16:44
An email to 'Nong' at Mosaik would let you know what the apt choices were and low season prices for Block F. Highly recommend, 'sort out' (persuade) your bf colmx!

I've actually literally just emailed them actually asking exactly that same question for the Songkran week/ weekend ( well 10th to the 17th in my case) so I'll post (if) and when I get a reply.

Further to my above - here is the reply I've just received from Nong - "The price for one bedroom prestige from 10 - 17 Apr 2012 is 7900THB exclude utilities" - which I've now gone ahead and booked.

Guys as I haven't stayed there before is there anything I should ask Nong to note when booking - such as please put me on a "high / low floor" or "facing the street" ( or definitely not ??) etc etc - or are the units all much of a muchness and it doesn't really matter which you get ??

Shuee
April 19th, 2012, 21:40
you could ask him who actually owns mosaik? does anyone here know.......? As they certainly like their art work as you can see from the website

i agree also with the other poster, the website is not so clear with specific details of room etc

lonelywombat
April 20th, 2012, 06:49
The comment about the art if you are interested, go to the website

http://www.mosaikpattaya.net/gallery.html

or to the facebook

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 80&sk=wall (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003087806180&sk=wall)

some very nice pics between both pages

colmx
May 3rd, 2012, 03:32
Quick update on this thread

Managed to secure a 1 bed apartment in MyView condo for the duration of our stay from http://www.apatpro.com/
The apartment was 90 SQM so has plenty of room for BF and I and our respective quests...

Costs were:
800B per night for apt for 17 nights
2000B for Electricity
203B for water
170B for Television
600B for checkout cleaning
Total 16,570 - so just under 1000B per night

On top of that also has to pay 450B x 2 for Wifi usage (needed 2 x wifi accounts for 2 laptops)

Pics of teh actual unit can be seen here:
http://www.apatpro.com/index.php?option ... ealty=user (http://www.apatpro.com/index.php?option=com_cmsrealty&Itemid=28&action=listingview&listingID=123&cmsrealty=user)

Apartment was great, clean, extremely quiet, very private
Security were present but unobtrusive - our Apt had a double front door for additional security and also a CCTV cam right outside the door
A keycard was needed to get beyond the lobby in the evenings

BF and i stayed there for the duration... We also had a Gik stay with us for 15 nights and lots of extra friends come and go daytime/nighttime without any issues.
Freezer and microwave - so BF stocked it up with frozen "food" from 7-11 for impromptu snacks
The second bathroom had urinal in it which i thought was kinda strange!

The apartment had 100s of storage presses - too many in fact for trying to find things! My favourite was the built in chest of drawers near the toilet - perfect for hiting toilet paper from those water sprays and keeping it dry!

Bed was big enough for 4 on at least 4 memorable occasions!
4 towels in apartment so plenty for extra guests

From my perspective it was a much more enjoyable stay than teh 3 previous times we stayed in Mosaik

Only issue i had was that it was south facing and got a huge amount of sun during the day so got quite hot
and the aircon units were not as good as they should be (probably need servising)
Also the letting agent can be quite slow in returning mails... So a bit of patience is needed there!

Will i stay there again?
Definately - if they have rooms available the next time i am ready to book, the internet and checkout cleaning prices are a little steep in my opinion... but still worth it overall

anonone
May 3rd, 2012, 08:20
Colmx. Thanks for providing the update and the detailed information. Very helpful to have these sorts of posts on file when evaluating future options.

I am glad you found a place that you and BF were comfortable in.