PDA

View Full Version : How to find boys who are not for money

January 14th, 2012, 16:55
Hey Everyone,

I am new to this forum, and I think it is brilliant what a great community you guys have here. I am going to Thailand at the beginning of April and will be there for about 5 months. I will be working there mostly but I will have a couple weeks here and there to travel and look around (which is great :))

I will be based primarily in Chiang Mai, but I am planning to spend some time in BKK, Phuket (maybe Pattaya) and go to other cities that are worth visiting.

Since I am from eastern Europe my financial background is not the same as the regular farang traveller to Thailand. And even though the money I'll be making there is above what I understand is the national standard is for someone with a uni degree, it is far from what a westerner would make in the same position. Given this, the fact that I will be there for quite a long time I do not wish to spend alone, and that I never really have had to pay for sex so far ( I am 30 years old, in good shape, maybe even handsome :)) I was wondering if it is possible to find friends/hookups who would go off with you because they like you rather than because of what you have in your wallet.

I am already registered on Gayromeo, and I get quite a few messages every day and thank god not from moneyboys, but reading some of the forums I got the impression that boys in bars seem to be predominantly about money (maybe I am jumping to conclusions here) but I wouldn't want to miss out on the opportunity to be out on the prowl every now and then and find cute Thai boys or cute farang for that matter as internet romance can be too much of a hassle in my experience.

So the bottomline is (sorry for the rambling intro) are there bars in the above mentioned cities where a bloke like me stands a better chance of scoring someone without paying (maybe not just for one night or maybe not even for sex just to hang out with)? Also, since I am a bit of a novice in this area I would really appreciate some tips of how to tell moneyboys from the ones who are not, I am not sure asking is a good way, as I have read boys get offended if we are presumptious and wrong...

Thanks everyone in advance

Z

pong
January 14th, 2012, 18:31
hello, dobri den or whatever you use and have that nice stay in LOS.(=land of smiles). Good luck to you to; did you realise you land in a few days after arrival in that most Thai of festivities-even more so in Chmai: the songkran waterthrowing Thai new year? Thousands of people just come to Chmai only for that.
As to your Q; it is not much different in Th as from most of Europe: you meet by chance-the old fashioned way. BARS as are discussed here are the special gay bars that have been set up-that is Thai style- for rental boys. Many (some say even most of them) are more str8 as gay, or so they say.
The very same Q as you gets posted every now and then-the best forum for that is, I think, on thaivisa.com-just scroll down and find it under ''community''. IJWT is the main moderator and also lives/works in Chmai.
Even if GR cannot maybe directly provide-do use it for initial contacts- you surely find someone who is willing to show you the CMai gay life-venues and maybe even explain to culture-baffled perons the way it works. Most of them may in fact appear quite strange to western eyes.
For an intro to ChMai gay life; gayinchiangmai.com, lists both the commercial and other venues.
Forget Phuket for what you want/aim. But the very best is of course the big mango BKK.

January 14th, 2012, 22:38
Thanks a lot :)) My country is actually probably the only one in the region where ppl don't speak a slavic language, but I used to learns some Czech and Polish so dobri den is fine :)))

I know about the water festival, it is actually a bit of a bummer that my contract only starts arund the 20th April in CM and I wasnt gonna go up there long before that because I wanted to use my two weeks before that to travel around and recharge my batteries before the work starts. Thats why I was looking at Phuket, if I cant find decent boys there no biggie, I can make do with tourists :)

Thank you for the tip about Thaivisa.com, checking it out right now :)

Z

atri1666
January 14th, 2012, 23:13
So i guess it can be Romania or Hungaria - the only countries i know without slavic language.

January 14th, 2012, 23:18
well done well done :))

January 14th, 2012, 23:18
might i just suggest you do as you would anywhere else .. buy a guy a beer .. if he gets you one back and you end up in a round id imagine you have found a non money boy ... if you have to keep buying the beers you got yourself a money boy . then stop after 2 beers and look for somebody else

jinks
January 15th, 2012, 01:06
Good advise, in Samui a few years ago I enjoyed the company of two guys.
In my normal manner I drank Bacardi by the bottle.

On the third night of my trip I found myself a little short, ATM lines were down so no money.
The boys said no problem and they bought a bottle !!!

Trust your feelings and test the water a little.

atri1666
January 15th, 2012, 01:13
Thanks but not difficult for me. I am from Berlin and speak czech myself because had boyfriend for 8 years from prague and travel a lot in Europe also not only in asia.

January 15th, 2012, 01:38
Not so much a drinker myself, but I will give it a try sure thing :)))

also, any idea where I could find gay farang around my age 30-45 in CM? There aren't many on GR.

I found the Chiang Mai Gay Friends Website - but it looks a bit quiet over there? any info on this?

Thanks so much guys, you have been great so far

Z

christianpfc
January 15th, 2012, 22:44
but reading some of the forums I got the impression that boys in bars seem to be predominantly about money (maybe I am jumping to conclusions here)
Absolutely correct, the boys in the bars (gogo and host) work there, so they will want money.

January 16th, 2012, 19:17
Yeah I get that... I was just wondering if there are bars where you'd find fewer employees like them or if it is a general policy in LoS to have pro-s in bars :)

Brisboy82
January 17th, 2012, 03:36
You will find that with the exception of nightclubs and a few bars in Bangkok, farang oriented gay bars in Thailand generally exist for the purpose of prostitution to some extent.

kjun12
January 18th, 2012, 16:56
In Bangkok, try DJ Station. It's a disco. At your age and with decent looks you should be able to pick up boys without paying. Same with Telephone bar and Balcony Bar.

Beachlover
January 19th, 2012, 22:06
I was wondering if it is possible to find friends/hookups who would go off with you because they like you rather than because of what you have in your wallet.
Yes... easily, just like you would in any country. Just stay clear of the gogo bars and when you go to the normal gay bars and nightclubs, avoid the moneyboys (see below). Look for ordinary Thai guys who are just out having a good night with their friends. I've done it heaps of times and almost never failed to pick up a cute guy!

but reading some of the forums I got the impression that boys in bars seem to be predominantly about money
No, that's not true. The only bars where this is true are commercial sex bars. I.e. gogo bars and host bars where this is plain and clear.

It's easy to be misled by the forums because they tend to give an unbalanced view of gay life in Thailand... they're overly focused on the prostitution and commercial sex side, which is only a small (though significant) segment of gay life in Thailand.

are there bars in the above mentioned cities where a bloke like me stands a better chance of scoring someone without paying
Don't know about Chiang Mai and Phuket as I haven't been to either of these places for a while but Bangkok has a massive gay scene with lots of and lots of gay bars and nightclubs and other gay venues.

The easiest nightclub for a foreigner to visit is probably DJ Station, which is in the suburb of Silom on Silom Soi 2 (means Silom street 2). This soi (street) is right beside Saladaeng BTS (skytrain station). When you walk into the soi (there are metal detectors etc. at the entrance) there are multiple bars and nightclubs. Go to the one at the end of the soi with the entrance on your right.

It's busiest on weekends but tends to be fairly busy every night of the week so you can go there any day. People start arriving around 11pm and it gets really busy after 11:30pm.

Stick to the ground floor where the main dance floor and stage are. This is where most ordinary Thai guys will dance and hang out. If you go to the second and third floors, many of the Thai guys you see will be moneyboys (hence why you'll also see most of the farangs are up there). Thai guys are really friendly, welcoming and approachable! Have fun chatting them up!

There are lots of other gay nightclubs you can go to but some of these will be "Thai style" which means they have individual bar tables and everyone dances around their table. It makes it a bit harder (though still very possible) to meet and chat up guys.

The other thing you can do is go to saunas... all the guys you meet in saunas should be non-moneyboys.

I would really appreciate some tips of how to tell moneyboys from the ones who are not, I am not sure asking is a good way, as I have read boys get offended if we are presumptious and wrong...
There's whole thread on how to spot the difference here:

how-spot-the-difference-between-normal-guys-and-moneyboys-t21946.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/how-spot-the-difference-between-normal-guys-and-moneyboys-t21946.html)" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

January 20th, 2012, 01:29
Wow, Thanks for the post lots of useful info here, Thanks guys.. I am looking forward to my trip there.. more and more :))

atri1666
January 20th, 2012, 08:58
From where you took the picture? Same guy i saw on spartacusworld and other sites from kiwi gayfestival.

January 20th, 2012, 14:58
hehe...

I took the picture from my hard-drive :) (ie - I am in the pic) - It is good to know other sites are using it :(( (do you have a link to these sites maybe?)

The pic was taken in Dubrovnik, Croatia about 3 years ago... under one of the gates leading out of the city...

atri1666
January 20th, 2012, 20:40
Smile i need new glasses but he looks also good and for the first view...
It was here http://www.spartacusworld.com/traveler/ ... -auckland/ (http://www.spartacusworld.com/traveler/2012/01/big-gay-out-auckland/) but i believe you not have been in Auckland.
Sorry for that.

January 21st, 2012, 19:51
Hi

There is a gay community website for Thai called "palm-plaza"

Just type 'palm plaza the lover' in google and the link to the forum will come up.

If for some reason it links you to the main page, try to look for 'The Lover Club'

Click and try finding where it says "post" , by clicking on the link it will enable you to create a new topic.

Now it's your time to post whatever you want, you can make Thai friends, ask question about where to go etc etc.

It would be best to leave your email, skype or facebook address for easily keep in contact with your new Thai friends.

This way you are most likely to approach a genuine Thai gay guy who are not into money as it is the community for gay in general not for a prostitute looking for customer. You will also get the information about gay Thai direct from its sources.

But bear it in mind that it should be email or facebook that you mainly use to hook up with guys or that sort of think not the official email that you use for work.

christianpfc
January 22nd, 2012, 20:02
I didn't know this page (palm plaza the lover http://www.palm-plaza.us/, why do they have a .us address?), it is similar to this one: http://www.gboysiam.com/picpost1/.

Both of them are not office-friendly and mainly in Thai.

Another way to hook up with non-moneyboys is camfrog (chatroom, for details, see extensive post I made about camfrog some months ago). Again not much English spoken.

January 22nd, 2012, 20:31
I guess it is better to register website oversea ie. America rather than Thai as such website would be illegal under Thai jurisdiction.

loke
January 23rd, 2012, 17:13
Hi

If you wanna meet thai guys for free theres plenty of options. Just stay away from the commercial farang scene.

In Bangkok you can try Ratchada Soi8 , a night club , mostly Thais only but they are friendly to foreigners, and it is easy to pick up nice boys there.

http://ratchadasoi8.com/

Also , if you want to learn Thai and maybe have some understanding of it you can try Camfrog , a video chat place, only Thais there and easy to meet guys , they have their own Gay Chiang Mai room.

January 24th, 2012, 11:14
Wow, Thanks for the post lots of useful info here, Thanks guys.. I am looking forward to my trip there.. more and more :))

puffin......if your avatar shows a picture of you, then don't worry.
It will be hard to get the boys of your back and after a sexual encounter, you may get paid!! :party

January 24th, 2012, 23:57

puffin......if your avatar shows a picture of you, then don't worry.
It will be hard to get the boys of your back and after a sexual encounter, you may get paid!! :party

Heh, Thanks.. The avatar does show me, I have to say tho, it is a very good picture... sunglasses are great they always make people look way better, i might just change the avatar photo for a less appealing one, I hate to disappoint :)

About not being able to get boys off my back... scary concept...:)) Especially that I am not THAT into Asian boys.. there are exceptions of course, but if the same is true for some farang hunks then I think I am gonna be okay.. I usually have no problems hooking up with them back home, but i understand people who visit LoS, might be more into Asian cuisine :) not the boring stuff they can get at each corner at home :)

christianpfc
January 25th, 2012, 00:31
The avatar does show me, I have to say tho, it is a very good picture... sunglasses are great they always make people look way better...
Opinions about sunglasses differ. I think sunglasses are sent from hell and I would immediately bann them if I had the power to do so.

January 25th, 2012, 02:09
Opinions about sunglasses differ. I think sunglasses are sent from hell and I would immediately bann them if I had the power to do so.

really? why is that? :glasses7:

martin911
January 25th, 2012, 04:01

really? why is that? :glasses7:

And we are all at the edge of our seats awaiting Christians response to that question -- oh the excitement ,i can hardly contain it -- :bounce: :bounce:

January 25th, 2012, 04:36
tell me about it :jok:

christianpfc
January 26th, 2012, 01:11
I would immediately bann them
Mistake: ban - banned - banned (present tense - past tense - past participle, only one n in present tense)

It's just a personal dislike. Probably from childhood: when my family went somewhere by car and my mother was driving, we always had to wait for her (already sitting in the car and ready to go) to scurry through her handbag searching for her sunglasses. She refused to start the engine before putting on her sunglasses.

I recall only one situation in my entire life that justified the use of sunglasses, which was in the Valley of Kings in Egypt, where sun was reflected from rocks. That was around 1992 I went there.

francois
January 26th, 2012, 01:26
I think sunglasses are sent from hell and I would immediately bann them if I had the power to do so.

Maybe try a pair of Ray-Bans?

martin911
January 26th, 2012, 04:56
Hi

If you wanna meet thai guys for free theres plenty of options. Just stay away from the commercial farang scene.

In Bangkok you can try Ratchada Soi8 , a night club , mostly Thais only but they are friendly to foreigners, and it is easy to pick up nice boys there.

http://ratchadasoi8.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also , if you want to learn Thai and maybe have some understanding of it you can try Camfrog , a video chat place, only Thais there and easy to meet guys , they have their own Gay Chiang Mai room.

I agree 100% with the above - ive wrote plenty on this before -- loads of other non farang clubs in bkk
Also Postjung is a very good way to meet this type of boys -- its in thai but not so hard to navigate --LMTU put up some very good info on this before !!
lots of the boys have BBs

But the best ans i would give the board is --go to Manila -- check out how many guys are online on Gr (they call it PR here ) versus who is online in Bkk in the same search criteria --- more ,more ,more !! --not boys looking for money like the way it is in Thailand

BonTong
January 26th, 2012, 13:43
I'm sure if the OP is coming to live in Chiang Mai he will have a great time, it's a great city and packed full of gay people.

Don't be too put off by what you read on the internet! Chiang Mai has three gay scenes:

1. A commercial sex scene (go-go bars, host bars, and massage places). Basically dens of prostitution, but slightly different in Chiang Mai as they are more orientated towards Thai customers than BKK or Pattaya. Also, a selection of AYOR freelancers if you want to risk it.

2. A farang gay social scene made up predominantly of retired ex-pats who meet up socially in various bars and restaurants. A few older Thai guys in the mix and also some younger gold diggers (the ones who are in it for the house and car rather than a tip for having sex tonight).

3. The Thai gay scene is spread in regular bars, hangouts and discos right across town. Gay is so mainstream here young Thai guys don't need gay bars, they just go out anywhere and everywhere with their friends. Though they do have a few favourite hangouts like Mandalay and Warm up. Monkey, Differ, Discovery, Infinity, JJ Market, are a few others popular with Thai gay boys.

Someone under 40 can have a lot of fun with the Thai guys but you need to go about it the right way. Going to these places alone you'll likely be disappointed. First make some Thai gay friends of the non money boy variety and get them to take you to their hangouts and grow your circle of friends that way. There's already some advice on this thread about how to do that, e.g. internet. But CM is an easy place to meet people and they gay guys are often quite obvious :8( try the big shopping malls and the many coffee shops around the Nimanheminda Rd area, also the small local bars/eating places in student areas; often a smile is all that's needed to elicit a phone number and away you go!

Another top tip is too learn a few words of Thai; many of the boys here speak little English so a little Thai goes a long way!

Enjoy!

January 26th, 2012, 21:16
Thanks BonTong

Those were some great tips.:) especially with the names of the venues and stuff.. greatly appreciated. :))) :bis:

wunnie
January 28th, 2012, 08:38
It always annoys me to read that farangs living in Pattaya think that all boys in Thailand are money boys. This may be the case in Pattaya, but not elsewhere and certainly not in Bangkok.
I am going out with a guy in his thirties in Bangkok, who has a good job and would be most insulted if I offered him money. His friends also have good jobs and he tells me they are all looking for older farangs. They mostly go to DJ Station or the coffee bar near Silom Station ( I forget the name)
My advice is go for the slightly older guy. They all look much younger, speak English, and dont profess love after the first meeting

January 28th, 2012, 13:36
Yeah, I agree that foreigners should be looking for boys from other places rather than gogo bar. But from my understaninding most boys with decent job normally don't have time to take you around for tourism.

Anyway, if any of you guys need my help please let me know. I could post a message for you on Thai gay website so you will be able to approach the correct market target.

Just simply post your message here with all the necessary details and email or facebook. I will post it for you in Post Jung, Palm-Plaza and any other available Thai gay websites.

Alternatively, you can send me a message on my facebook, just type р╣Бр╕Юр╕Щр╕Фр╣Йр╕▓ р╣Ар╕ер╕┤р╕Яр╣Ар╕зр╕н р╕гр╣М or soodsamret@hotmail.com to search for my facebook and send me your post.

thrillbill
January 28th, 2012, 15:00
I live and work in Thailand and my general impression is that most of the guys on Gay Romeo are into the commercial aspect of it. True, they may say they are not money boys, but don't be surprised when they ask for "taxi" money. Pattaya (where I live/work --the skinny boys there are not my style) is basically 90% money boys (the ones you meet on the beach, at a bar, or on Gay Romeo). In Bangkok the percent of money boys at bars and such is not as high. In fact, when I go to soi 4 in BKK or GOD I can hook up with a Thai guy who is like me, just looking for a good time with a fit, masculine type. If you are fit and young looking 30 or younger, you can easily pick up someone that IS NOT a money boy. By the way the sauna in Chiang Mai (House of Male) and Bkk (babylon) is full of regular guys looking for fun.

lexusgs
January 28th, 2012, 15:04
Hi

http://ratchadasoi8.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I agree 100% with the above - ive wrote plenty on this before -- loads of other non farang clubs in bkk
Also Postjung is a very good way to meet this type of boys -- its in thai but not so hard to navigate --LMTU put up some very good info on this before !!
lots of the boys have BBs

But the best ans i would give the board is --go to Manila -- check out how many guys are online on Gr (they call it PR here ) versus who is online in Bkk in the same search criteria --- more ,more ,more !! --not boys looking for money like the way it is in Thailand

Martin, why they call it PR? Grindr was popular there too last time I was in Manila

January 28th, 2012, 15:17
PR stands for planet romeo .. which is what i get when i type in gay romeo .. i never noticed that before ...
:withstupid:

lexusgs
January 28th, 2012, 18:07
PR stands for planet romeo .. which is what i get when i type in gay romeo .. i never noticed that before ...

Nice one Brithai...me niether!

colmx
January 28th, 2012, 21:26

It seems that GR is trying to globally rebrand itself and PR... probably as the GAY word is being caught by too many netnanny/big brother systems

When i was in China 3 years ago... the PR URL or IP address was the only way to load GR in Shanghai

January 28th, 2012, 21:50
sounds like a fair point to me colmx and i think PR is better than GR specially in thailand .. as pay romeo is a truer reflection :tongue3:

quiet1
January 29th, 2012, 22:04
If you are fit and young looking 30 or younger, you can easily pick up someone that IS NOT a money boy.
Undoubtedly a true fact, but considering the demographics of this board's membership, probably not at all relevant. :tongue3:

January 31st, 2012, 13:35
If you are fit and young looking 30 or younger, you can easily pick up someone that IS NOT a money boy.
Undoubtedly a true fact, but considering the demographics of this board's membership, probably not at all relevant. :tongue3:

I think he meant me :)

bao-bao
January 31st, 2012, 23:25
I live and work in Thailand and my general impression is that most of the guys on Gay Romeo are into the commercial aspect of it.
For what it's worth, from my personal experience it's more likely you'll find a "type" of person in a place where that type of person hangs out. Gay Romeo wasn't set up as a place to find people who collect stamps (although I understand there's a certain amount of licking that results from many of the arrangements made there).

I have friends both in and out of the moneyboy arena (just wrote about lost one to AIDS) and the ones seeking friendship say that's not an easy thing to find on GR. I've suggested that if they're looking for a monogamous long-term relationship that perhaps the gay saunas aren't the best place to find a mate.

There are countless places and opportunities to meet pleasant Thai people, but you can't schedule a meeting by chance before leaving home. My first friends there were made via the "old" Yahoo, where you could place an ad - in my case for pen pals - get to know them a bit via email or IM and then meet and see what develops. Even then you have to keep your wits about you.

Out of 30 I initially emailed with over a decade ago I still only meet up with a few regularly, plus the handful I've just met by chance there on different visits and added to my circle of friends. By friends I mean people I know, see, travel with where there's no money expected or exchanged, even if they're in The Trade.

Beachlover
February 1st, 2012, 20:55
Chiang Mai has three gay scenes...
BonTong... Thanks for this great overview of the gay scene in Chiang Mai. Very balanced and helpful.

It always annoys me to read that farangs living in Pattaya think that all boys in Thailand are money boys. This may be the case in Pattaya, but not elsewhere and certainly not in Bangkok.
I am going out with a guy in his thirties in Bangkok, who has a good job and would be most insulted if I offered him money.
Totally agree! I find that attitude some farangs have disgusting.

from my understaninding most boys with decent job normally don't have time to take you around for tourism.
I agree that's the case with most guys but it depends on who you find, what their situation is and how much they like and care about you. Sometimes you hit it off really well and nothing is too much trouble. That's happened to me in a couple of countries now.

When I met my Bangkok BF he was a student and fairly busy with study and family commitments but still made the time to show me around Bangkok. We had an awesome time together. Now he's working and he doesn't have as much flexibility. But he takes as much time off work as he's able to whenever I'm in town. We tend to have to plan in advance what days he'll be able to take off etc.

I'm always grateful when he takes time off work because I know this costs him a lot of money in terms of lost earnings (on his contract he's paid by the day). I pay for the accommodation (obviously) but he tends to share in everything else like food and drinks etc. So in fact, that's kind of like a double-hit to his finances whenever I'm in town. Just realised... Bugger!

February 2nd, 2012, 01:07
I am going out with a guy in his thirties in Bangkok, who has a good job and would be most insulted if I offered him money. His friends also have good jobs and he tells me they are all looking for older farangs. They mostly go to DJ Station or the coffee bar near Silom Station ( I forget the name)
My advice is go for the slightly older guy. They all look much younger, speak English, and dont profess love after the first meeting

and im sure it annoys most farang who live in pattaya that you consider all the thai guys living there are money boys ..
im sure there are as many money boys in bangkok as there are in pattaya so what do you base your disgust of one place above the other ... im sure a young bank clerk in pattaya would think you as sick as one in bangkok did if you offered him money!!!
seems you are as narrow minded as the people you are having a go at .. twat ..

February 2nd, 2012, 01:16
Well I won't call you a twat, I can pretty much assure you that if you tried to count all the money boys in many of the major areas of Bangkok as well as those on GR and matched them to the major areas of Pattaya, I think the count would be quite similar. The difference is that Pattaya has many more boys that are ladyboys and are very obvious and that is because the city is ore open about sexuality than Bangkok. I think many more ladyboys flock to Pattaya where they feel more comfortable but the numbers would come out the same. IMHO!

February 2nd, 2012, 01:32
thats what i said !

February 2nd, 2012, 01:33
I have to wonder why all these 30 something "non-money" boys who all have good jobs and of whom Wunnie writes, are all looking for older farangs?

Hmmmmmmmm?

"A rose by any other name...", Wunnie

:occasion9:

Beachlover
February 2nd, 2012, 08:36
You can't say for sure if there are more moneyboys in Pattaya than Bangkok. Bangkok has many times the population of Pattaya.

You can't say every Thai boy in Pattaya is a moneyboy. There are some who are not moneyboys and I met a few when I was there. Most were guys working in hotels and other non-prostitution related businesses.

But you CAN say that the proportion of Thai boys who are moneyboys in Pattaya is MUCH higher than in Bangkok. Hence, it's easy to meet normal Thai guys in Bangkok but much more challenging in Pattaya.

I walked around NAB one night and I would say most or more than half the Thai guys there were moneyboys or gogo boys off work. I ended up getting to know a bunch of locals. Most worked in hotels or were doing some marketing for a local company. One had a car. Fun group of guys.

I have to wonder why all these 30 something "non-money" boys who all have good jobs and of whom Wunnie writes, are all looking for older farangs?
Maybe some Thais are geniunely attracted to older farangs...

February 2nd, 2012, 11:50
Beachie your head is up your ass. You have not been to Pattaya except for the very very few times you claim you were here for a night or two. You cannot base your "facts" on two streets in Jomtien Complex, 2 in Sunee Plaza and 3 in the Boys Town area. Pattaya is a decent size large city. Your facts as you claim them to be are just stupid and you need to stop being such a priofessional on a city which you yourself state that you don't like to go to or spend one day.

Beachlover
February 2nd, 2012, 12:40
Right... so that was a very emotional and illogical rant.

Would you care to specify which one of my statements you're actually disputing?

Did you even read my post? I didn't mention Jomtien, Sunee Plaza or Boyztown at all.

All I'm saying is in Pattaya, the percentage of guys who are moneyboys vs genuine non-commercial guys on the gay scene is far higher than it is in Bangkok. I didn't base that on any of the places you just mentioned... they are almost 100% prostitute zones so not relevant to this (it would be like basing your view of Bangkok on Soi Twilight).

There are plenty of other posters like Thrillbill (who actually lives there) who say the same about Pattaya. I may not know every inch of the city but I've been there enough times to know what I've written above is true.

lexusgs
February 2nd, 2012, 13:03
You can't say for sure if there are more moneyboys in Pattaya than Bangkok. Bangkok has many times the population of Pattaya.

You can't say every Thai boy in Pattaya is a moneyboy. There are some who are not moneyboys and I met a few when I was there. Most were guys working in hotels and other non-prostitution related businesses.

But you CAN say that the proportion of Thai boys who are moneyboys in Pattaya is MUCH higher than in Bangkok. Hence, it's easy to meet normal Thai guys in Bangkok but much more challenging in Pattaya.

I walked around NAB one night and I would say most or more than half the Thai guys there were moneyboys or gogo boys off work. I ended up getting to know a bunch of locals. Most worked in hotels or were doing some marketing for a local company. One had a car. Fun group of guys.

Maybe some Thais are geniunely attracted to older farangs...

Beachy,

I don't know when you were in NAB but your numbers are shite mate. Dave has a high proportion of working guys who attend after work who are all just looking for fun. NAB has a high mix of non working guys plus lots of women in attendance too recently along oh so many Russians :bounce:

February 2nd, 2012, 14:38
just another reason not to belive the bullshit of the beach .. thanks for the heads up lexus :crybaby:
so he spends all night in the clubs chatting up the money boys he hates so much ..then goes back to his palace in the hilton which is almost on the far end of pattaya beach ... then at 6 am goes for his morning run which takes in jomptien beach where he passes all the drunk high go go boys still partying .. how much more of this can he go on with .. and whats the point of it ??

February 2nd, 2012, 15:10
I must say Beachy that the thing that dismays me is that you make these blanket statements e.g. "..in Pattaya, the percentage of guys who are moneyboys vs genuine non-commercial guys on the gay scene is far higher than it is in Bangkok..." without any sort of evidence-based proof other than you own extremely limited experience (which you admit yourself).

February 2nd, 2012, 15:15
ive just had a funny thought .. funny to me anyhow ... isnt it strange how someone who never stops talking about money hates money boys .. are you really a go go (boy) beachy ??

February 2nd, 2012, 16:29
Right... so that was a very emotional and illogical rant.
It wasn't an illogical rant at all. It was someone pointing out that these "facts" you keep alleging are not facts at all, they are your opinions based on what you have heard and not seen.

Would you care to specify which one of my statements you're actually disputing?
all of them in your stupid statement of which you have no direct information.

Did you even read my post? I didn't mention Jomtien, Sunee Plaza or Boyztown at all.
No you didn't, I did and I did because those are most of the major areas to find moneyboys. That is the topic, yes?

All I'm saying is in Pattaya, the percentage of guys who are moneyboys vs genuine non-commercial guys on the gay scene is far higher than it is in Bangkok. I didn't base that on any of the places you just mentioned... they are almost 100% prostitute zones so not relevant to this (it would be like basing your view of Bangkok on Soi Twilight).
Unbelievable! You just made my point. Where else would you find the majority of moneyboys??!!

There are plenty of other posters like Thrillbill (who actually lives there) who say the same about Pattaya. REALLY???!!! And I nor any of the rest of us count?!

I may not know every inch of the city but I've been there enough times to know what I've written above is true.
No you have not been here "enough times" ! In fact I believe that you stated you were here less than a handful of times and last time you claimed you were here as for one night.

You know nothing about this city. :angryfire:

Beachlover
February 2nd, 2012, 21:03
Really, guys... this is just stupid. Are you really arguing that Pattaya has less prostitutes per capita than Bangkok? Or are you just pissed off that someone states and opinion you dislike?

NONE of you, other than Lexusgs, has actually come out and specifically offered a specific view point contradicting mine. You haven't actually asserted that Bangkok has a higher percentage of prostitutes per capita than Pattaya... all you've done is scream and shout that I'm wrong, sling insults, state obviously false facts and then pick at the fact that I've only visited Pattaya a few times.

This is just pointless... I'm not going to bother replying again until you've actually got the backbone to assert that Bangkok has a higher number of prostitutes per capita than Pattaya. Because (the opposite of) that is pretty much the only point I was making earlier.

I must say Beachy that the thing that dismays me is that you make these blanket statements e.g. "..in Pattaya, the percentage of guys who are moneyboys vs genuine non-commercial guys on the gay scene is far higher than it is in Bangkok..." without any sort of evidence-based proof other than you own extremely limited experience (which you admit yourself).
No, obviously there's no scientific research study out there to statistically confirm what I'm saying in this instance. But I'd like to see you back up every statement you've ever made with evidence-based proof.

I don't know when you were in NAB but your numbers are shite mate. Dave has a high proportion of working guys who attend after work who are all just looking for fun. NAB has a high mix of non working guys plus lots of women in attendance too recently along oh so many Russians :bounce:
Not as recently as you... I went on a weeknight. Lots of moneyboys with their farangs. No Russians that I noticed and very few women. There were definitely some non-money guys there (I know because I invited a bunch of them back to my place for drinks after) but not more than half. I accept not every night is the same.

someone pointing out that these "facts" you keep alleging are not facts at all, they are your opinions based on what you have heard and not seen.
No... they're opinions based on what I've heard AND seen.

No you didn't, I did and I did because those are most of the major areas to find moneyboys. That is the topic, yes?
In your first reply (see below) you implied that I based my statements on Jomtien Complex, Sunee Plaza and Boyztown...

You cannot base your "facts" on two streets in Jomtien Complex, 2 in Sunee Plaza and 3 in the Boys Town area.
... Totally wrong as I did not mention any of these places in my post at all.

Would you care to specify which one of my statements you're actually disputing? all of them
Alright... so are you actually going to come out and assert that (contrary to what I said), Pattaya has a lower number of prostitutes per capita than Bangkok?

I also said the following in my first post...

1. "Bangkok has many times the population of Pattaya."

2. "You can't say every Thai boy in Pattaya is a moneyboy. There are some who are not moneyboys..."

... since you said "all of them" can we assume you're disputing these statements too?

REALLY???!!! And I nor any of the rest of us count?!
Sure, I've never said that you don't... but you haven't actually come out and given specific opinion, which contradicts that offered by Thrillbill, myself and a few others.

In fact I believe that you stated you were here less than a handful of times and last time you claimed you were here as for one night.
Completely false statement. Care to point out where I've claimed to be there for one night?

February 2nd, 2012, 21:52
Beachie you and I know about the last time when you were supposed to 'introduce" yourself to me and you claim you were only here one night and I was not there.

No you don't make any reference to Jomtien Beach, Sunee or Boyztown but if you were "starting" to take a count, well sweetie, that is where you would start as that is where many money boys hang out. Like in Bagkok we e know where many hang out there. It does not mean that Pattaya is not a huge city with much more to do and see and that the boys that hang out in these few areas dominate the entire city. Quite the contrary!

You admit above this is what you have "heard and seen". I would have to say that I am sure you need to requalify your statement to more of what you have heard than seen. Just like your many negative comments about Cheers bar in Cambodia or where have you, that turned out to be merely an opinion based on what you Googled and saw on their website and drew up your own "opinion of facts" which turned out to be not facts at all.

Beachlover
February 2nd, 2012, 22:15
Hate it when you make me reply just to correct false facts...

Beachie you and I know about the last time when you were supposed to 'introduce" yourself to me and you claim you were only here one night and I was not there.
No... That's another fact you've got wrong. I said I only visited your bar one night. I was in Pattaya for three more subsequent nights on that trip.

I did say several months ago that I would introduce myself if I went back to Pattaya but changed my mind on the spot when I was there.

Don't think there's any need for me to explain why that instinct kicked in now... :notworthy:

No you don't make any reference to Jomtien Beach, Sunee or Boyztown...
Then why did you imply that I had based my opinion on these three places alone?

I would have to say that I am sure you need to requalify your statement to more of what you have heard than seen.
You first... How about you leap on stage and tell us what you've seen in terms of non-moneyboys in Pattaya and how they are easier to meet than in Bangkok? You've yet to give us any personal experience that supports your disputing the opinion that Pattaya has a more moneyboys per capita than Bangkok.

Going back to the original point... are you actually going to tell me that Bangkok has a higher number of prostitutes per capita than Pattaya? If not, then why argue? :kap:

I did not say all guys in Pattaya are moneyboys because they're not. I did not say it's impossible to meet genuine guys in Pattaya because it is definitely possible. All I said is Pattaya has more prostitutes per capita than Bangkok.

February 2nd, 2012, 23:02
hey justme i know why he didnt say hello to you .... he was scared you might eat him :evil4:
as am i haha

February 2nd, 2012, 23:27
... are you just pissed off that someone states and opinion you dislike?...

Speaking for myself, I'm never pissed off when somebody gives an informed opinion - I get pissed off when people present their uninformed opinion as incontrovertible fact.

:party

February 3rd, 2012, 01:59
OK Beachie last word from me on this.
First if I have been pals with someone for at least a year and been constantly exchanging photos, emails and words with them for a year, yes, I certainly would stop by to say hello, but no you pass on 2 or 3 details to elude to the fact that you were there and never appear back. OK. :dontknow:

You are being thick when you keep asking why I am referring to these three areas when we are discussing your accusation that Pattaya is predominantly moneyboys. Well where else would you start trying to count them Beachie, on the beach? At the Elephant Park? No you would start accessing them in the predominantly gay areas!

Next, you want to know why I say it is not predominantly moneyboys? well these predominantly money areas of Pattaya consist of 6 - 8
streets and one beach. How freaking big is Pattaya, Beachie? It is hundreds and hundreds of streets, miles, where you have welding shops, churches, wats (temples) Elephant farms, gardens, malls with clerks who work hard, thousands of 7 -11's who have clerks, coffee shops and restaurants, several hospials with male orderlies, doctors, nurses, gas station attendants, builders and construction workers, electricians and so much more, I mean lets stop here or it will take PAGES! One cannot base what they see on the gay beach and and in a few selected areas and say that Pattaya is predominantly or largely moneyboys! And what you saw all this in 3 days! 1/2 of one day maybe arriving and 1/2 of one day departing? And what you have heard from one person who you say lives here? WOW! I still find it an assinine comment.
Its NOT a fact and in FACT it is not an informed opinion. You have posted and posted and posted about prostitutes in Pattaya like there are none anywhere else and that it is ALL prostitutes. Well maybe we have more than other cities, maybe we have more that stand out than other cities but it is NOT predominantly prostitutes/moneyboys and I reside here too and I see what goes on on a day to day business but you go and say that you listen to one man who lives in Pattaya or your 3 day huge visit to Pattaya?
Three days, what an informed opinion! :pain10:

lonelywombat
February 3rd, 2012, 05:19
Several years ago I went to a presentation that declared Pattaya had over 25,000 hotel beds for tourists and the numbers were expected to increase each year.

There was a statement there were approx 5000 females operating in the sex industry which increases to 7000 in high season and when the US fleet comes in May.The number of males was approx 500 increasing to 700 in high season. The presentation by hospitality and tourist professionals was based on facts and research not like your broad brush accusations.

At present most bars are complaining they cannot get enough boys, they are staying home to help recover the farms from the floods. Perhaps there are other reasons but several bar owners or the mamasans are actively trying to recruit boys by going into Issan, this week.

Your comments about Pattaya are similar as to me going to Sin City where you live and making the statement that 1 in 10 of all males in NSW have cracked it [sold their ars] at the Wall or in the Cross at some stage in their younger years It seems that way to me as a regular visitor. I am still not convinced you are male, and you may have sent photos to Neal of someone, but why did you not show up in person?

I think you protest too much. I wonder why.

February 3rd, 2012, 06:54
Lonely, for the record Beachie did not send pictures of himself. It was I who sent him the pictures of the surveilance tape when we were all having such a row over the 500 baht 1000 baht fiasco and I will no longer state anything about the players or who was involved as it is a long dead issue. No Beachie had sent me an email that he was going to introduce himself to me in the next week and that he asked me not to tell anyone what he looked like or what date he came and left. In return I said that I would abide. Then about a week or two later he wrote something that said he had been to Pattaya and already gone. I got real annoyed and wrote something about that he had said he was going to stop and introduce himself so that I could vouch for his being real and that he had not. His response back was that he was furious that I let the cat out of the bag so to speak and started arguing that he had dropped by and I was ill that one day and he was now glad that he never did as it was now evident that he could not trust me as to his confidentiality! In exchange he gave me two or three descriptions of the bar which I was unable to verify as fact or not as they were too general. I think everyone knows when approaching the bar things that they see and I think the description could have been more detailed and as I said before, he certainly could have come back the next night. Now he will say that he did not come by because he had a bad feeling about me keeping his visit confidential. WHY? If he had already left, why keep his visit so confidential. One would think that they would love to have someone other than one other person verify that he exists, nevermind age etc. but that he/she/whatever is real but I can't. I cannot tell you how many, maybe a hundred members who have stopped by and introduced themselves and sat down for a few words and I don't say who or what but that if anyone questions their existence or their visit to LOS I can easily say that I have met them and that they are real. :3some: And don't start on Lonely as he is real and I have met him in Pattaya numerous times. We have sat on the beach and talked. SEE even people I have had disagreements with come and introduce themselves to me. I know what Scottish looks like and he is real and he and I did not get along for so long and he did not want me to know who he was because we were not getting along. I just don't know about you anymore.

lexusgs
February 3rd, 2012, 15:20
I've tried to say hello on my last 2 visits but you seem to be absent young man.....the manager guy is very welcoming though. Tell him he's doing a good job :hello2:

February 3rd, 2012, 16:18
Thanks for the high ratings and I will pass that on to him tonight.
I don't dispute that I am not there some nights but he tried ONE night, one time and had been corresponding with me for almost a year. We had shared a lot of emails and I just find it very convenient. One would think if someone were trying to show people that he were real, that he might make an effort. Bottom line is I can believe what someone says or not. I can believe that they own huge corporations and travel all over and at the same time back pack and stay at 5 star hotels and dine in elegant restaurants and do what someone has done and they are only 29 or I can choose not to. Up to me. :dontknow:

lexusgs
February 3rd, 2012, 18:13
Nice to see you have taken a chill pill this evening Boss,

I'm surprised it's taken you so long to come to your decision. My posting history has been somewhat anti BL and his Walter Mitty existence. There again recently he has been maybe brought under control from the days when it was nothing but poison and venom in mosmost of the debates in a positive maneert posts. In fact recently I think he has brought along SOME useful information and added to most of the debates in a positive manner. Let's be honest there's no need for him to hide if he is who he says he is. Just my thought for the day :hello2:

February 3rd, 2012, 18:28
Let's be honest there's no need for him to hide if he is who he says he is.

I just don't get the whole hiding thing by people on here anyway, does anyone "really" give a shit ? I can't understand why a person would care if one or two people see them or speak to them or confirm to the rest of us that they are actually a "real" person or whatever it all just seems a bit nuts to me.

I guess it does make one wonder about peoples reasons for claiming to want privacy ( on a public forum ? ) - not that I care, they can be young, old, fat, slim, male, female etc etc - whatever I don't care but I do just find it weird that people run about trying to "hide" themselves and be all secretive, it's all a bit 1970's closet gay stuff and as if they are ashamed to be gay or on this forum or something - all very unnecessary and very strange ....but hey "whatever" I guess, it takes all sorts and as we say here in the UK "there's nowt as queer as folk" ! :-)

Neal
February 3rd, 2012, 23:21
You all are correct. Beachlover and a few others do post a LOT of very interesting links, photos, information. Personally I don't care if they really have been there or they are getting it from Google, the Encyclopedia Britannica or where ever. It is useful information that they go to extremes to get and provide for all of us USEFUL. As I have mentioned before, this is an annonymous board. People's identity will not be revealed and everyone has and will continue to be protected by this forum. Now, if we can stop the fluff and bullshit, the back stabbing the fighting and put away the evil daggers, this could be a great forum. Don't worry who has gone where and when and how old they are and and all that crap. Ask questions and give great answers as many of you have. You don't need to tell people you are a 25 year old handsome guy with a 12 inch cock and you travel throughout the world because you are a freaking zillionaire. Nobody cares! :sumo:

February 4th, 2012, 02:23
NEAL !!!! What are you doing ""! I thought we'd agreed that after I'd found out that some of your boys had told you about my 12 inch cock that you'd never ever to mention it on the board !!!! Oh wait, no, hold on, I've just realised that you didn't actually use my name and were just talking generally, so, that's ok then, just forget I even mentioned it ! lol :-)))

Neal
February 4th, 2012, 03:37
NIrish you are so :gy: :jok: :leb:

February 5th, 2012, 12:53
NI reread that mister .. he said 12 inch not 1.2 inches !!!! you should have gone to spec savers !!!
just me wrote (still dont know how to the quotey thing )How freaking big is Pattaya, Beachie? It is hundreds and hundreds of streets, miles, where you have welding shops, churches, wats (temples) Elephant farms, gardens, malls with clerks who work hard, thousands of 7 -11's who have clerks, coffee shops and restaurants, several hospials with male orderlies, doctors, nurses, gas station attendants, builders and construction workers, electricians and so much more....
and are you aware latincox has had at least one of each of these proffesionals :notworthy:

latintopxxx
February 5th, 2012, 22:25
brithai...many thanks for the compliment, not sure I've done every single profession you mentioned but yes when I see a sexy looking man ...especially blue collar types..I turn on the charm and do my best to lure him into my web....even enjoy the interaction with the majority of my targets who turn me down...

February 6th, 2012, 01:34
NI reread that mister .. he said 12 inch not 1.2 inches !!!! you should have gone to spec savers !!!

Look I've told you that that only happens when I'm with someone who just doesn't do it for me.....so look I've said I'm sorry now would you get over it and stop casting up what happened that night between us as it just makes you look bad as well as me you know ! lol

February 6th, 2012, 17:20
yeah i remember it well .. and somethings just come up ...
my dinner :kap: