PDA

View Full Version : Hotel in Vientiane ?

January 10th, 2012, 00:11
Hello

After my post about life in LPB I would like to ask you if you know any well situated hotel in Vientiane ?

The Lao Orchid is often mentionned on this forum but unfortunatly it's full now :( any other idea of the same kind of hotel and in wich location is good to be ?

Thx

Chris

dan_2000
January 19th, 2012, 17:52
Next February i will in Hotel Seng Tawan Riverside, my lao friend told me that is in a good location.

a447
January 20th, 2012, 09:10
Hi Dan,
The Seng Tawan is a short walk into town. Apparently it has a "friendly" massage place downstairs. If you want a really friendly massage, go to Heng Heng. Walk up the street away from the hotel until you reach the main road. Turn left and you'll find it opposite the Novatel Hotel.

When I was researching for my trip last year, many hotels told me I could not "entertain" a guy in my room. Shame about the Lao Orchid, as I didn't have a problem there - picked up a guy from the gay bar in the same street (walk away from the river. It's on the right about 30 seconds walk!). If I were you I'd keep checking on the Lao Orchid - may be a cancellation. It was a great place to stay.

My post on this forum about my trip may be of help.

BLAMEX
July 19th, 2012, 09:38
HI, If you are in Saigon the best place to stay is Park Hyatt - The best hotel in Vietnam! The staff all look like models and are very friendly, the pool area is fantastic and the day Spa is just the best! Stayed a couple of times now (for work) however when I come back to th hotel it feels like I am at a resort. Love the place

goji
August 11th, 2012, 04:28
If you are in Saigon Wrong country. The question refers to Vientiane, capital of Laos.

goji
October 21st, 2012, 05:37
I'd like a hotel in Vientiane that meets the following criteria:

1 Will allow entertaining of guests in my room.

2 Room rate less than $40 (preferably below 30).

3 Reasonably central location.

4 Clean, tidy, stylish. Yes, such places do exist in Asia for less than $40. The entertaining part is the difficult bit.

5 High preference for an in room safe.

a447
October 21st, 2012, 19:51
Have another look at the Lao Orchid.

lonelywombat
October 22nd, 2012, 06:00
I had to look for your post. I think it helps to link it for others as it had good info.

post229636.html?hilit=Lao%20Orchid#p229636 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/post229636.html?hilit=Lao%20Orchid#p229636)

Interesting to put the link Lao Orchid and also Lao as a separate link in the search function.

search.php?keywords=+Lao+Orchid&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=25&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=600&t=0&submit=Search (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/search.php?keywords=+Lao+Orchid&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=25&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=600&t=0&submit=Search)

goji
October 25th, 2012, 02:03
Have another look at the Lao Orchid.

I did. Their website quotes rooms in the $65~150 range. I'm after sub $40.
In countries like Laos or Cambodia, it's usually possible to find somewhere that's clean, comfortable, with the usual facilities like en-suite & wifi for $20~40.

However, perhaps I could negotiate them down from $65 to $40.