PDA

View Full Version : Any recent updates for Patong/Phuket.

newalaan
January 6th, 2012, 20:29
Heading to Phuket next month and hoping for some updates from recent visitors to Patong. It's just a short break at the start of a Thailand visit to 'recharge the batteries' and a change of scene after a very busy 3 month period back home, so it will be a lazy affair, no car renting and won't be venturing out of Patong. Info on Paradise bars, karaokes, late night clubs/discos like Galaxy, Boat Bar would be greatly appreciated.

I know there is a thread running regarding Phuket problems which I, and most returning visitors are already aware of, and although I do agree with some of the comments in that thread which 'get on my goat' too such as the tuktuk mafia etc... don't consider them bothersome enough to affect a short break, and anyway I wouldn't let small issues like tuktuk mafia be a reason not to visit as I find the guys in Patong to be very welcoming, genuine, good fun as well as reliable and the bars seem to be able to keep a consistant staff and many guys i have known over the years still work there.

This visit I'll be trying Sundowners in Patong for my stay as my usual accomodation will become the victim of the apparent greed which the other Phuket thread mentions as the rent on it has been increased by 80%! per month! the current owner will not pay it and has decided to close down his bar with rooms above.

Any info/opinions regarding Patong will be welcomed.

atri1666
January 6th, 2012, 21:23
I liked my stays in Rendezvous Hotel or in Adonis Guesthouse - both in same street in the complex. Stayed once in Connect but i like to sleep in the night and not start sleeping in the morning.

Brisboy82
January 6th, 2012, 22:09
I liked my stays in Rendezvous Hotel or in Adonis Guesthouse - both in same street in the complex. Stayed once in Connect but i like to sleep in the night and not start sleeping in the morning.
Whereas my sleeping pattern is the opposite...

I also found Adonis to be a pleasant stay. When I first checked in there was a leak in the bathroom so thu upgraded me to a studio suite free of charge so it was a very pleasant stay.

I also found the restaurants in the paradise complex to be very good. The restaurant on the corner nearest to
Adonis is very nice and they are ery sweet people in there.

The beer bars around the area
Are all very friendly. The Gogo bars aren't too bad. I checked out mamasan but it was dead. No customers and just 3 Gogo boys who were sent to the rage when I went inside.

The best Gogo bar for me was tangmo. The only annoyance was the very frequent interruptions to the Gogo activity for regular cabaret shows. However it is charming that the boys break into a dance routine which they then take outside.

Passport was another nice and very friendly Gogo bar with a fairly unique layout. It's worth a look.

newalaan
January 6th, 2012, 22:17
The beer bars around the areaAre all very friendly. The Gogo bars aren't too bad. I checked out mamasan but it was dead. No customers and just 3 Gogo boys who were sent to the rage when I went inside.The best Gogo bar for me was tangmo.Yes I find all the bars very friendly there too, and Tangmo always used to be a favourite but my last visit about 15 months ago Tangmo was dead, one night i was the only customer at about 11pm, something i had never experienced before there over the years.Hope it's back to being busy this time.
I liked my stays in Rendezvous Hotel or in Adonis Guesthouse - both in same street in the complex. Stayed once in Connect but i like to sleep in the night and not start sleeping in the morning.Yes I agree the main soi (where i always stay) can be very noisy till 3am, but usually by the time i am ready to sleep after a night at a club (Galaxy etc..) things have quietened down a good bit down by then.

Marsilius
January 7th, 2012, 02:22
I was in Patong this past week.

A few observations on one or two bars...

My Way was rather disappointing. The boys were nothing special and the show caused several farang customers to walk out: it began with a long, rather slow Thai dance in "traditional" costume by the boys. That was followed by some "comedy" from a couple of the in-house pantomime dames, all in loudly screamed Thai. Not very entertaining for non Thai speakers.

The few boys in Passport were quite flirty but also gave the impression of being quite desperate for customers.

Best was Tangmo, with lots of boys, generally quite attractive to my eyes at least, who very enthusiastically marshalled themselves out onto the street from time to time to attract customers into the bar. The show was a typical kathoy lip synching one, but done with some panache and was at least something that the audience could comprehend.

newalaan
January 8th, 2012, 17:21
I was in Patong this past week. A few observations on one or two bars... Thanks for that Marsilius i was hoping there might have been a few more visitors like yourself over the Christmas/New Year period with updates or recent experiences. I assume the irritating owner of My Way is still demonstrating his 'entertainment skills' there.

martin911
January 10th, 2012, 15:55
I was in Patong this past week. A few observations on one or two bars... Thanks for that Marsilius i was hoping there might have been a few more visitors like yourself over the Christmas/New Year period with updates or recent experiences. I assume the irritating owner of My Way is still demonstrating his 'entertainment skills' there.

I do know that you like the clubs a little :laughing3: ,last time we were there myself and bf,our Nab pick up (nite before we left for phuket we met this guy in nab,was his bday ,i asked him did he want to go phuket in morn with us etc ) went to tangmo where we offed another guy -- he brought us to a late nice place ,mixed crowd but a lot of the bar boys go there after their shifts finish ,we had a great nite there --to the extent i would not bother with the other bars in the complex and wait to go out late to this place
-- but im dammed if i can rem the name :dontknow: sorry

Posss you know about this place already ??-- alongside many thai karaokes

newalaan
January 12th, 2012, 06:40
do know that you like the clubs a little ,last time we were there myself and bf,our Nab pick up (nite before we left for phuket we met this guy in nab,was his bday ,i asked him did he want to go phuket in morn with us etc ) went to tangmo where we offed another guy -- he brought us to a late nice place ,mixed crowd but a lot of the bar boys go there after their shifts finish ,we had a great nite there --to the extent i would not bother with the other bars in the complex and wait to go out late to this place -- but im dammed if i can rem the name sorry Posss you know about this place already ??-- alongside many thai karaokesI hope it was Galaxy you visited because it means it's still up and running with the usual great crowds. Yep, we've often gone earlyish to take in the first band who are really good, and so spend quite a long evening there rather than all night at Paradise which still stays open till 2am nowadays. Also amongst those small karaokes outside is one or two 'boy' clubs, fitted out with very good quality furnishings which have shower shows, and while they are equally aimed at females as well as males can be very flirtatious and great fun, with good attitude. I was taken there by one of the guys with us during our time at Galaxy, just nipped out for an hour or so and there were some very cute willing gay customers as well the boys on the staff.

Does Galaxy ring a bell martin911?

martin911
January 12th, 2012, 07:13
Does Galaxy ring a bell martin911?

Yup thats sounds familar --but it was spring 2010 when i was last there -- so things may have changed !!

blueboy
January 14th, 2012, 06:00
Was in Patomng last week, very crowded everywhere.
Bars in Paradise were so-so, nothing that exciting and much as I remembered over the years. There cannot be more than 6 gogo bars altogether, poor compared to Pattaya.
Kiss and the new boat bar were busy late night but disco style so not to everyone's taste.
There are many more massage places though with a better choice than the bars.

newalaan
January 14th, 2012, 06:36
There are many more massage places though with a better choice than the barsThanks for the update Blueboy. I know of one massage place on the main soi next to Tangmo and a couple in the complex, did you come across a few in Paradise Complex? I only remember about 3 from previous trips. What time were Kiss and Boat Bar open to? past 2am?