PDA

View Full Version : Happy Place changes Show for 2012 and WINS Best Go go bar!

January 2nd, 2012, 12:36
Well its official!
Happy Place takes over the lead for Best Go Go Boy, Show Host Bar in readers choice for Pattaya says Out Magazine readers.
For several months, Out has been asking their readers to decide and vote on which is the best and favorite venues in Thailand in different regions for 2011 and Happy Place has won best for Pattaya!

Co Owner M, his staff and employees are very very grateful and announce an all new show for 2012. "Lip sync lady boys is a thing of the past. Out with the katoy lip sync, and in with a 100% sexy boy and boy dance routines along with the B Boys now every night! Remember Fridays the B Boys do their routine in their boxer shorts. Following the show a LUCKY DRAW for free drinks, bottles and mystery surprise envelopes with everything from free dinners and passes to cash which are given away after the show.
No need to wait and come back.

Thank you to everyone who voted making Happy Place the OUT! Readers choice #1 in Pattaya!
:party :party

Gaybutton
January 2nd, 2012, 15:49
Congratulations! It comes as no surprise to me that your bar would be voted the best go-go bar in Pattaya. I would have been surprised if it wasn't. You have been doing what all the go-go bars ought to be doing - making the bar a fun place to be, fun for the boys, and offering plenty of incentives to make your bar attractive to customers. People who frequent Pattayaland keep telling me that while several other bars are virtually empty, yours is almost always packed. I hope the other bar owners follow your lead and start offering innovative ideas of their own.

bao-bao
January 3rd, 2012, 02:53
For several months, Out has been asking their readers to decide and vote on which is the best and favorite venues in Thailand for 2011 and Happy Place has won!
It won the ReadersтАЩ Choice award for best Go-go/host bar/show bar in Pattaya, not for all of Thailand - but that's a nice feather in the cap, I agree. It was in good company with the runner-up, A-Bomb. Nice to see Corner Bar take the same award for Bars and Pubs, too. May they get things in order to be in contention for the same award at the end of 2555.

Congratulations, Neal! Best wishes to M all at the club for the coming year.

bucknaway
January 3rd, 2012, 03:50
A well deserved honor! It was by far the bar of choice for me on my past holiday :)

anonone
January 6th, 2012, 07:34
Congrats to Neal, M, and all the boys at Happy Place. Nice to see innovation rewarded...

Any reviews or comments about the new show ? It will be several weeks untill I get back to Pattaya.
Should this new show be on the "must see" list?

January 6th, 2012, 08:24
Congrats to Neal, M, and all the boys at Happy Place. Nice to see innovation rewarded...

Any reviews or comments about the new show ? It will be several weeks untill I get back to Pattaya.
Should this new show be on the "must see" list?

I know I am prejudice because I own the bar but I say the show is OK at its "early stages". Certainly not yet a show stopper, a number one hit, but ok. a nice one to see. It was a quick decision and we still would like to add some people to the show to make it exceptional.
Its a decent start and I would like everyone to know that we are still building it. If you know anyone who likes to dance and is good or anyone for our sexy boy show, the salaries are very good.
Still worth seeing.

corky
January 6th, 2012, 12:10
It's not just about Happy Place. There were over 40 awards given by OUT magazine's readers.
I don't want to attenuate the achievement of Happy Place but the OUT magazine award were not just about gogo bars in Pattaya.
The reader's choice awards covered Koh Samui; Chiang Mai; Pattaya; Bangkok and Phuket.

There were awards in each area for:
Accommodation
Bars & Pubs
Disco
Gogo Bar/Host Bar/Show bar
Karaoke
Restaurants
Sauna/Massage/Fitness
Other

Those who want to see the full list of winners and runners up in the OUT awards and categories in 5 different areas of Thailand should go to

http://www.out-in-thailand.com/articles/the-out-it-awards/

January 6th, 2012, 12:29
Corky, no one said it was about Go Go Boy bars, bars in Pattaya or anything else you are eluding to but this thread is about Happy Place and its achievement. :dontknow:

corky
January 6th, 2012, 12:57
Corky, no one said it was about Go Go Boy bars, bars in Pattaya or anything else you are eluding to but this thread is about Happy Place and its achievement. :dontknow:
Agreed; I'm only pointing out that there were awards for other places in other areas for the benefit of those who have a life outside Pattayaland.
Would you like 40+ different threads on each of the different awards plus another 40 on the runners up?

January 6th, 2012, 13:09
No one said there wasn't a life outside Pattayaland. You could open up one thread announcing the link and info for all the awards if you wanted to.

anonone
January 7th, 2012, 06:13
I have to chuckle...the only review comes from the bar owner. :scratch:
Thanks for the honest assessment Neal. I will be back at the end of the month, so hopefully some of the adjustments to be made make it a standout.

Brisboy82
January 8th, 2012, 19:25
It certainly is a bar that stands out on a national level. I don't know of any other Gogo bar that has the same amount of innovation and energy put into Competitions/specials etc etc. its not one of my regular haunts but i have been in there and i can see that it certainly does deserve some special recognition.

aussie_
January 9th, 2012, 13:10
I went to Happy Place last Friday 6th January. I did suggest on another forum that I thought Happy Place needed some more twink type go go boys but after my recent visit I saw a very good range of boys from twink to well built guys. The Thai manager/host does an excellent job working with staff and customers and there was a lucky ticket draw for free drinks and a bottle of spirits around show time. The drinks I had were very full measures and good value. The show is a work in progress but will only get better and the B Boys are always worth seeing with their fun and energetic performances.