PDA

View Full Version : Has Thailand changed you?

Dboy
May 13th, 2006, 04:01
Hey BG, yeah Thailand has certainly gotten into me as well. Consider though that "My whole life and goals are centred on thailand" may not be all good for you, especially if you can't be there all the time. Think about the Buddhist concept of 'non-attachment'. It applies equally to thailand as to anything else, I think. Also consider that if you are thinking about thailand all the time, and wishing you were there, you're not 'present' in the Buddhist sense. You're living in the past (through memory traces) and in the future (through longing to be back in thailand again). This will create suffering. The only reason I mention this is because I'm actually describing myself:-)

Take care,

Dboy

May 13th, 2006, 06:07
Thailand has changed me.
I work longer hours than I would back home.
I earn less money than I would back home.
I work with nicer people than I would back home.
The climate suits me.
I like the food.
I get more sex with better looking guys than I would back home.
I am much happier than I would be back home.

:alien:

Dboy
May 13th, 2006, 14:41
Yeah that's definitely one thing Thailand did for me. I'm simplifying my life in US. I have no desire to own anymore property here. Have sold my investment properties and only have the one place that I'm living in left. No more desire for houses, cars, misc toys because that would be just another thing I'll have to sell one of these days. Also keeps me focused on savings. The only way I could move over there *now* is to run a business from thailand. Problem is, making money over there seems to me like blood from a turnip...at least for a foreigner. I'm sure there's a way though. So far, my research into business in thailand has yielded these rules which I plan to follow: 1) speak Thai 2) let a Thai boyfriend or a Thai you trust do the f2f dealmaking 3) don't be undercapitalized 4) don't risk so much that a single deal could take you out of the game

It sure sounds like you want it bad enough to make it happen...Chok dee krap

Dboy