PDA

View Full Version : 5 Star taste 3 star budget. Hotel in in Bangkok

lonelywombat
December 22nd, 2011, 10:04
Whilst I always look at the rates for Sofitel and Dusit Thani, I find more and more I am opting for Saladaeng Colonnade which is roughly behind Dusit Thani in Soi Saladaeng. The rates offered by agoda are really good value .

Whenever asked I suggest this as best value.

The website I have just used to book, seems different to what I am used to seeing, but the photos of the rooms and building are really good.

It is located south of Silom between Dusit Thani and the Saladaeng BTS station 200 yards from Silom Rd.

http://www.agoda.

It would be most appreciated if rather using the link above, you went to Agoda from this sawatdee forum site and then accessed the hotel as it then helps support this website. Thanks

corky
December 22nd, 2011, 12:48
I find more and more I am opting for Saladaeng Colonnade
It is very convenient for those who like to party late at DJ Staion and GOD.
Quite popular with the Asian gay crowd from Singapore and Taiwan but I know a few farang friends who won't stay there any more because of the hotel's attitude which was described to me as "Gay Tolerant" rather than gay friendly - probably due to coming back a bit drunk with various Off Boys in tow and embarrassing / irritating the desk staff with their 'Openly Gay Attitude'

Beachlover
December 28th, 2011, 08:09
The rooms in the Dusit Thani have gotten so dated, Saladaeng Colonnade might actually be better place to stay in that area of Silom. Although with the Dusit you still get one of the best views in Bangkok, overlooking Lumpini Park...

December 31st, 2011, 02:58
The website I have just used to book, seems different to what I am used to seeing, but the photos of the rooms and building are really good.

It is located south of Silom between Dusit Thani and the Saladaeng BTS station 200 yards from Silom Rd.

]

The swimming pool is laughable. :pottytrain2:

December 31st, 2011, 05:18
The pool is what is called a lap pool where you swim against the current, the speed you set before you enter. it is not a wading pool for gits.