View Full Version : Hotel in Trat city ..

alanthebuilder
December 19th, 2011, 04:58
Hi guys I will be stopping in Trat city for 1 night with my family on the way to Kho-Chang does anyone know of a decent hotel ?
Thanks guys...

pong
December 19th, 2011, 09:10
nice low-key quiet Thai town, giant market and many Cambodians doing the low paid work. Stayed there avoiding the BKK floods early nov for 4-5 days. As so many you did not even bother to mention the min reqrmt-and as gays tend to be so enormously fussy (well-some) about comfort and all that.
South of the market is a kind of old-style, many wooden houses, lane with a dozen or so farang-aimed guesthss, all dirt cheap. POP is the biggest, well run, but food is so-so and expensive, and has a variety of rooms and bungalows and rows of budget type also family rooms, even with AC and hot water and all that, but of course pretty basic-for most standards. all much less as 1000/n.
There are 2 boutique style more design guesthss, of which the name I forgot (1 likely Sabai or sawasdee)- dont worry, they will have room-around 1000/1200/N.
The THAI HTLs all seemed to have closed-there is 1 left-looking suspiciously like a short time rental place-just across from the tesco when you enter town.
Very good and varied night food market- try it.

alanthebuilder
December 19th, 2011, 16:46
nice low-key quiet Thai town, giant market and many Cambodians doing the low paid work. Stayed there avoiding the BKK floods early nov for 4-5 days. As so many you did not even bother to mention the min reqrmt-and as gays tend to be so enormously fussy (well-some) about comfort and all that.
South of the market is a kind of old-style, many wooden houses, lane with a dozen or so farang-aimed guesthss, all dirt cheap. POP is the biggest, well run, but food is so-so and expensive, and has a variety of rooms and bungalows and rows of budget type also family rooms, even with AC and hot water and all that, but of course pretty basic-for most standards. all much less as 1000/n.
There are 2 boutique style more design guesthss, of which the name I forgot (1 likely Sabai or sawasdee)- dont worry, they will have room-around 1000/1200/N.
The THAI HTLs all seemed to have closed-there is 1 left-looking suspiciously like a short time rental place-just across from the tesco when you enter town.
Very good and varied night food market- try it.
Thank you -Pong ...