PDA

View Full Version : good to see D&D Inn now advertises

andrewcraig
December 18th, 2011, 08:08
we wanted to keep D&D a secret as 500 baht a night great value and it is half way between bondi and bamboo in fact the back door of bamboo is sooooo close. beds a bit hard and would not rate a star but totally different to the rest of pattaya

latintopxxx
December 18th, 2011, 19:03
DD is very basic..guess you do get what you pay for...only advantage is that's it's situated right above a boy bar...so convenient...
For an extra 100 to 200 better gice Bondi a try...rooms are cleaner...and somehow seem better...maybe its the bedding.
Prticularly like Tui's due to the large rooms and beachfront locatiuon although the damn trees block most of the view (must remember mto pack my chainsaw)...bur at 1600/night it's no bargain.
Currently at the Ibis, under 1000/night...only bitch is the location....and all the Indians and Russians...seems like they have an ongoing competition as to who can be the noisiest..

pong
December 19th, 2011, 09:04
Can you people ever even try to mention what PLACE it is in! Here in BKk D&D is a notorious Khao sarn (=cheap! low-rate bekpekker!) but for this area even mid class hotel smack in the mid fo that road with its Sodom and Gomorra sights. it seems to be favored by Scottish ''blokes/matess' with heavy tattoos and speaiong unintelligible ''eng'lish. Now I wonder if it is chain with more same-name places?

Neal
December 19th, 2011, 10:33
My dear Pong.
The D&D is now advertising. If you click on their banner you will see it is a guesthouse in Pattaya! :scratch:

anonone
December 21st, 2011, 02:58
Actually a Guesthouse in Jomtien.
I would like to try this place out, but greatly prefer to stay in Pattaya. Jomtien just seems too quiet at night time.

How is the bar at D&D at night time? Anything going on there? Worth it to walk down from Jomtien Complex?

I occasionally make it to Jomtien Complex in the early evening to play some pool or just have a drink. Honestly never think to walk down toward the beach in the evening. Am I missing anything?

latintopxxx
December 21st, 2011, 12:42
atually prefer Jomtien, often stay at tui's, lovely to wake up in the morning and stroll across to the beach, Pattaya just too busy with a crappy beach...at night the naht buses run regularly at at only bht10 each way it's almost free...and btw nothing much happens on the beach at night...

lonelywombat
December 21st, 2011, 14:12
Whether you stay in Jomtien or on the beach, breakfast on the beach is a great start to the day. I have stayed at Poseiden and have not been excited with their breakfast. I have met others staying nearby , same same.

I rotate breakfast between the various restaurants and the different concessions, who usually get their food delivered from the same place anyway. It is the servers that are different. I love the difference

The advantage of doing this in high or shoulder season, is you are there and can select your chair as the beach boys arrive for a days work??? Get first flirt and first pick. I can have brunch a massage and a boy to my room before the drunks stagger down after sleeping until 2 or 3.

I must admit I am a fresh air fan and do the early beach visit, followed by the Bondi as a alternative to breakfast in Day/Night. I do like Rabbit for breakfast as it seems a different crowd.

To be frank I always thought of D&D as a short time hotel as it was behind a gay bar. I have seen many I know who seem to "BE STAYING" there. Had an email mentioning D&D compared to Howards. It is location. If you want to be within walking distance of Sunee, or the beach.

If you dont check out the rooms on the beach and in Jomtien complex you are a fool

anonone
December 21st, 2011, 23:30
To be frank I always thought of D&D as a short time hotel as it was behind a gay bar. I have seen many I know who seem to "BE STAYING" there. Had an email mentioning D&D compared to Howards. It is location. If you want to be within walking distance of Sunee, or the beach.

If you dont check out the rooms on the beach and in Jomtien complex you are a fool

I did stay in Jomtien Complex on a previous visit. Nothing wrong with it, and I know some prefer it. For me, the lack of gogo bars in the area is a big disadvantage. I also came to dislike having to take the song teauw back from Sunee / BT most nights. For me personally, I prefer to stay closer to the night life.

I do typically stay at accommodations similar to Howard's (and I guess D&D). I am in the room very little and prefer to have the $ to spend at the bars / clubs / boys etc.

Is there some reason for the lack of gogo bar in Jomtien? Legal or zoning restrictions or something.
I am rather surprised there is not one there. The addition of some gogo bars would make Jomtien a much more compelling place to stay.