PDA

View Full Version : Monty has accepted advice to sell his cafe/bar

lonelywombat
December 16th, 2011, 13:02
Monty has agreed that because of his health, he should sell his cafe. He posted this to gaybutton's board a short time ago. There was a Canadian guy looking at buying 50% but he is in bad health at the moment, as well.

So Monty is selling everything. There is 5+1/2 year lease left to run

Great position for a cafe/bar just 30 metres from the new Colonial Irish Pub , the replacement bar for La Cage. For position check Nicky's map at the top left
http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pat ... nee-plaza/ (http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/sunee-plaza/map-sunee-plaza/)

Best wishes Monty for the future. Look after your self.

Hi All
will let you all know MONTY'S CAFE BAR is up for sale.
Ground floor, Fully fitted Bar, Cafe, Kitchen, Toilet.
1st Floor , Fitted Kitchen, Bar , & Lounge.
2nd Floor Very Large bed room. Toilet Shower, Small Bed room Both Air Cond.
3rd Floor Very Large Bedroom With air Con, And Sauna.and Ensuit.
4th Floor Roof garden, Shower Big Room Ideal for staff.
All plant and equipment.inc.
2, computs Printa.4 TV. Cameras, 4 T.V.s, 6 friges, 2 freezers,Plus Plus LOTS MORE.

600,000 bht WALK IN WALK OUT.
giving away at silly price, because of ILL HEALTH.

CONTACT Monty 085 279 2230 or monaghanspearls@hotmail.com

Dani69
December 17th, 2011, 04:47
Sorry Monty has ill health but that bar will never be a success - only voicing "MY "opinion ..Get well soon..

December 17th, 2011, 04:54
i wouldnt mind buying a bar in sunee but from what i can make out id imagine there must be less than 5 or 6 that could make money .... i shall bide my time and await an opening ... jokes on asses being open will be over looked ...

bucknaway
December 18th, 2011, 05:36
Where is the place? I spent a lot of time in Sunee my last visit and didn't see the bar. Is it hidden and difficult to find? Is it in a well traveled area? Not that I want to buy it. I often think of buying a bar to run in Thailand but I like to hope it never happens.

andrewcraig
December 18th, 2011, 05:45
hey m8 look at the link in wombats post the map tells you exactly where it is

Manforallseasons
December 18th, 2011, 13:44
PattayaтАЩs Top TEN Income earning Bars.
Not in any number for top earners Best bars that give the customers what they are looking for.(quote)Bag Wan

NICEBOYS
HAPPY PLACE
COPA
KRAZY DRAGON
VENUE
KRAZY DRAGON
ABOMB
XBOYS
FUNNYBOYS
LUCKY777

I'm sure all will find your list of best bars fascinating! But on what basis do you make your assumptions? :dontknow:

December 18th, 2011, 16:10
i have noticed that krazy dragon price has gone from 3.5 million baht no offers .. to offers of around 2 million ... seems if you wait around you can pick up a bar for next to nothing ...wether its making money or not ..
once again it comes down to numbers .. if a bar takes a million baht a weeks but has out goings of 1.2 million then is it making money ?? im sure the owners would tell you its takes a million a week if he wanted to sell it ..

Manforallseasons
December 18th, 2011, 16:53
Observations, Takings, inside Infomation, and getting out and about, talking to people, (quote) Bag Wan

You basically have done nothing but speculate on the business these bars do, as brithai points out there ranking is only relevant to their profitability or lack there of.

lexusgs
December 18th, 2011, 16:55
The only Problem with taking over a business that Monty has run is him, he is the driving force behind the business and as we all have seen when he was whisked off the Hospital the business had no customers and the staff had a hay day.
The Soi is in the outskirts of sunee plaza easy to find opposite, The all new Colonial Fun Irish Gay Pub, off Soi VC with lots of passing people mainly Thai, but I can assure you if someone could run a good old English Caf├й/Pub/Bistro with breakfast/ lunch /dinner roasts, and cheap drinks, as he did, if you make the rooms upstairs livable (as some are in need of refurbishment) cozy to live in, also make, the floor above the Bar/caf├й into 2 new rooms, that would pay the hefty 30,000 a month rent and out goings, then the money you would take down stairs in the very Nice Bar restaurant, is all yours.

MONTY has a personality like a roughish тАЬPop Eye the Sailor ManтАЭ with naughty stories and Information about local people and goings on, in and around pattaya, even though you do take some with a pinch of sea salt, as his motto is, тАЬnever let the truth, get in the way of a good storyтАЭ, but all in all he is always coming up with some amazing scams or schemes and can be great fun also very entertaining.

If you think you can compete with this, your do very well IтАЩm sure, no matter where your located the customers will find you, as the BARMY ARMY have every Sunday night, when they enjoy MONTYS SUNDAY Lunch for 199 baht, if what your giving is good, considering most of the Bars around the Sunee area have sold for around 900,000 Baht or more, for just a ground floor unit, yes it would be a good buy, but remember itтАЩs a good bye to your investment if you let your lady boy lover take it over, as many do, GOOD LUCK.

I would have thought THE KRAZY DRAGON would be the best Buy in Sunee Plaza, I know the owner there would sell if the price was right. That has 5 units and must be taking one of the best Incomes of just about any Bar or Go Go in Pattaya, unique Table Top Boys, Club, and the cheapest dinks in town. If you want to make bigger money there, just fill it with more handsome boys and the till wonтАЩt stop ringing, fill it with ugly lady boys in the majority, your lose your money, simple, but is any one listening, just as Beer from NICEBOYS he is full every night, with just the right combination. so if you think you can go up country and recruit handsome guys, go for it. your do very well all year round.

http://www.krazy-dragon.com/contact.html

Not in any order for top earners, Best Bars, but they know how to give the customers what they are looking for.

NICEBOYS
HAPPY PLACE
COPA
KRAZY DRAGON
VENUE
KRAZY DRAGON
ABOMB
XBOYS
FUNNYBOYS
LUCKY777

also late night Bars.
N.A.B (late night fun after 12.30, am)
DAVES MAN CLUB (late night fun after 12.30, am)
IDOL NEW BAR OPENING SOON (late night fun after 12.30, am) I have seen it, a license to print money, if ever I have seen a big success.
THE CLUB (late night fun after 12.30, am)

http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com/maps/maps.htm

Hello mate,

I do enjoy your posts no matter what profile you seem to come up with. I've been in and around Pattaya for 8 months now so please stop exaggerating some of the stuff you come up with. The new Idol club is a license to print money in what way? It's smaller than NAB. I know as I used to frequent the place when it was an Issan club years ago. The building is the same size with no mods apart from the garish purple colour thet have painted it!!!!! All Idol will do is slow down the biz in the other two late nights venues you mention as there really is n't enough customers to go around to make em all pay.

Khor tose
December 18th, 2011, 17:01

How much is the lease on the place????

December 18th, 2011, 17:16

How much is the lease on the place????
im sure if you send a pm to bag wan he will be able to give you any advice you need .. otherwise why not just use the phone number or email address on the post ... you will get totally different information than what ban wan will give you .. but being as it will be from monty himself it could be the truth !!

frequentflier
December 18th, 2011, 17:41
The only Problem with taking over a business that Monty has run is him, he is the driving force behind the business and as we all have seen when he was whisked off the Hospital the business had no customers and the staff had a hay day.
The Soi is in the outskirts of sunee plaza easy to find opposite, The all new Colonial Fun Irish Gay Pub, off Soi VC with lots of passing people mainly Thai, but I can assure you if someone could run a good old English Caf├й/Pub/Bistro with breakfast/ lunch /dinner roasts, and cheap drinks, as he did, if you make the rooms upstairs livable (as some are in need of refurbishment) cozy to live in, also make, the floor above the Bar/caf├й into 2 new rooms, that would pay the hefty 30,000 a month rent and out goings, then the money you would take down stairs in the very Nice Bar restaurant, is all yours.

MONTY has a personality like a roughish тАЬPop Eye the Sailor ManтАЭ with naughty stories and Information about local people and goings on, in and around pattaya, even though you do take some with a pinch of sea salt, as his motto is, тАЬnever let the truth, get in the way of a good storyтАЭ, but all in all he is always coming up with some amazing scams or schemes and can be great fun also very entertaining.

If you think you can compete with this, your do very well IтАЩm sure, no matter where your located the customers will find you, as the BARMY ARMY have every Sunday night, when they enjoy MONTYS SUNDAY Lunch for 199 baht, if what your giving is good, considering most of the Bars around the Sunee area have sold for around 900,000 Baht or more, for just a ground floor unit, yes it would be a good buy, but remember itтАЩs a good bye to your investment if you let your lady boy lover take it over, as many do, GOOD LUCK.

I would have thought THE KRAZY DRAGON would be the best Buy in Sunee Plaza, I know the owner there would sell if the price was right. That has 5 units and must be taking one of the best Incomes of just about any Bar or Go Go in Pattaya, unique Table Top Boys, Club, and the cheapest dinks in town. If you want to make bigger money there, just fill it with more handsome boys and the till wonтАЩt stop ringing, fill it with ugly lady boys in the majority, your lose your money, simple, but is any one listening, just as Beer from NICEBOYS he is full every night, with just the right combination. so if you think you can go up country and recruit handsome guys, go for it. your do very well all year round.

Not in any order for top earners, Best Bars, but they know how to give the customers what they are looking for.

NICEBOYS
HAPPY PLACE
COPA
KRAZY DRAGON
VENUE
KRAZY DRAGON
ABOMB
XBOYS
FUNNYBOYS
LUCKY777

also late night Bars.
IDOL NEW BAR OPENING SOON (late night fun after 12.30, am) I have seen it, a license to print money, if ever I have seen a big success.

Are there 2 Krazy Dragons???

December 18th, 2011, 17:45
only if you walk past it twice ........theres the krazy dragon and next door is the crazy pub ...

frequentflier
December 18th, 2011, 19:51
that top 10 bars lists krazy dragon twice...

December 18th, 2011, 22:59
I'm sure all will find your list of best bars fascinating! But on what basis do you make your assumptions? :dontknow:

Observations, Takings, inside Infomation, and getting out and about, talking to people, what Bar would you say is doing the best, of course if you could of pulled yourself away from the TV and go out thats is :scratch:

Well now that Xfactor and Strictly Come Dancing are finished, the British expats might come out.

newyorkgeorge
December 19th, 2011, 02:35
[quote=Manforallseasons]

Observations, Takings, inside Infomation, and getting out and about, talking to people, what Bar would you say is doing the best, of course if you could of pulled yourself away from the TV and go out thats is :scratch:

Well now that Xfactor and Strictly Come Dancing are finished, the British expats might come out.[/quote:1iow0s5c]

I doubt it, they still have the Eastenders & Corrie Xmas specials to watch, why drag yourself 6000km to a beautiful climate with stunning boys available, when you can sit at home and watch Pauline & Arthur Fowler swinging it (yuk!)

December 19th, 2011, 04:10
George, you do know what an expat is, don't you?

MARK
December 19th, 2011, 08:51
i have noticed that krazy dragon price has gone from 3.5 million baht no offers .. to offers of around 2 million ... seems if you wait around you can pick up a bar for next to nothing ...wether its making money or not ..
once again it comes down to numbers .. if a bar takes a million baht a weeks but has out goings of 1.2 million then is it making money ?? im sure the owners would tell you its takes a million a week if he wanted to sell it ..

Anybody buying a business and taking an owners word for incoming and out goings must need their head looking at. Any decent business owner should have receipts for outgoings and income from the day they opened and not just major monthly out goings but everything right down to ice cubes and toilet paper and every dayтАЩs income should be able to be proved thatтАЩs what the copies of check bins come in handy for.
Official yearly ordited accounts should also be provided to keep the tax man happy although they are a very unreliable way of judging a business profit and loss as you accountant will provide the tax office with the figures you like them to see.
Regards Mark

martin911
December 19th, 2011, 09:36

NICEBOYS
HAPPY PLACE
COPA
KRAZY DRAGON
VENUE
KRAZY DRAGON
ABOMB
XBOYS
FUNNYBOYS
LUCKY777

also late night Bars.

Hello mate,

I do enjoy your posts no matter what profile you seem to come up with. I've been in and around Pattaya for 8 months now so please stop exaggerating some of the stuff you come up with. The new Idol club is a license to print money in what way? It's smaller than NAB. I know as I used to frequent the place when it was an Issan club years ago. The building is the same size with no mods apart from the garish purple colour thet have painted it!!!!! All Idol will do is slow down the biz in the other two late nights venues you mention as there really is n't enough customers to go around to make em all pay.

Correct --I am in those clubs 3/4 nites most weeks (yes Colmx im slowing down due to old age :binky: )

Nab is packed at weekends(with the Bangkok crowds ,and they will only ever there at weekends ,not weekdays !!) for sure but some weekdays it has sometimes has small crowds -- which because of its size makes the crowds look even smaller --many times myself and friends have gone there ,saw the small crowd and walked out again to go to Dave
And because of its fairly strict age limit it tends to drive away a lot of the available market (ie 18/19yo barboys) --

Dave on the other hand seems to have gotten the balance right --it has made the club smaller by the upraised ledge on the left hand side --which can still be used on buiser nights --this makes the nights that there is only a small crowd available appear not soo small and does not make people turn back from the door the way you would in Nab --Nobody wants to go into a place that does not appear busy !!
They have got a large selection of sexy coyotes (that appears to change reg )---(prob more due to the very strict working conditions )

Any extra club will simply dilute the existing crowd no matter how fancy it would be -therefore BagWans statement that it would be a licence to print money as BagWan suggests is simply not correct !!
And the other of his statements that the Club is late nite fun after 12,30 shows his complete lack of claimed knowledge in this area !!!-- 5 am is the earliest it is "late nite fun ! -i have been there enough times where the place is deserted to know this for a FACT !!

I agree with Lex in what he says --your posts are good to read but when you try to embellish too much it it makes it all look suspect --

BTW (BW ) i really liked your post before (not sure which board ) on Postjung !!!
Now THAT was good info !!! :happy7: :happy7:

colmx
December 20th, 2011, 01:13
Correct --I am in those clubs 3/4 nites most weeks (yes Colmx im slowing down due to old age :binky: )

Get you training wheels on cos I'm leaving for Pattaya in 10 days... and you know you will not be able to resist temptation on 6 outta 7 nights! :party

martin911
December 22nd, 2011, 23:45

Get you training wheels on cos I'm leaving for Pattaya in 10 days... and you know you will not be able to resist temptation on 6 outta 7 nights!

:party

Time for me to go into hiding lol dont think i can handle your marathon on top of the Xmas -- we have no self control here at all -- but the fun we have is priceless !!!!
Left Kar Dae 8am today --got into a taxi to drop of one friend to ladprao ,then on to Soi convent !!
Now we had done Rachada soi 19 -to Bang Kapi to soi Convent on wed morning by Taxi --took 1.5 gruelling hours in the early morn sunshine and boy were we suffering :crybaby:

So today i suggested take Bts from Chatachuk to lumpini -would be much quicker than taxi
Driving through Lad Prao the i saw the bloody Mrt --

It had not dawned on us !! (stupid mode was fully switched on !! )

Now as the Bf comes from Lad Prao i was really puzzeled how come HE had not thought of it --DoH !!
Turned out he has never been on MRT --and had never been in Silom area until a few months ago so wasnt able to join all the dots haha
On we got - and promptly took train to wrong destitation ( Bang Sue -my fault !!)

So we laughed and got off -- went up escalator in search of lumpini bound train ,DoH again -- so went back down again to get back on the train we had gotten off of !!!
The 3 three of us (one guy needed to sleep on couch due to fighting with Bf ) had such a fit of giggles all the way back - and each station more and more work going people were getting on ,we got a lot of dissasproving looks :laughing3:

And one Very interesting look from one cute guy -- obs going to work ,too old for a student --i was daring T to hit on him and see what happens but he was too shy in the daylight !!
such craic !! :laughing3:
(irish version of sanook )

Priceless !!!