PDA

View Full Version : Some Thai words you can impress your boy with !

loke
December 15th, 2011, 23:15
Well if you really wanna impress on you first date and especially before you make love this is the words.

Warning . Use them at your own risk. :tongue3:

- Chang noi. - Little elephant;
- Nong chai. - Li'l. bro.;
- Doh mai roo lom. - A perm't. hard-on;
- Kamlang seua krong. - Powerful like a Bengal tiger;
- Kamlang chang sarn. - P'ful. like an elephant.
- sucking : "sa-moke"
- fucking: "ao kan"
- make love "mii sex"
- penis: "khong" (polite) or "kuaii" (not so polite)
- to cuddle: "kord kan"
- top: "rook"
- bottom: "rap"
- Up to you - "laew dtar khun"
- Lang Too Yen = cleaning the fridge = rimming ass hole
- Tawai Bua = offering lotus = knee down to suck the cock

pong
December 16th, 2011, 08:45
Well if you really wanna impress on you first date and especially before you make love this is the words.

Warning . Use them at your own risk. :tongue3:
- fucking: "ao kan"
- make love "mii sex"
- penis: "khong" (polite) or "kuaii" (not so polite)
-
ao=want. There are at least 20+ other slang words for the deed. Khan= means together. (duay khan= both togetehr)
mee sek (no ks, just the k), is obvious= have the thing, again at least 20+ other slang terms for that-you impress more with knowing that, plus many more defining what type of (going in the tunnel, etc.)
-the kwoi =kuaii(soooooo easily confused with kwaay=buffalo, always funny, even after 1234567 times) also has at least 100+ other slang words, like dragon, sanake, etc.

christianpfc
December 17th, 2011, 01:08
Without information about vowel lengths and tones, I think this is pretty useless, you might get a bewildered look at best.

DragonMaster
December 17th, 2011, 10:16
I have to agree with ChristianPC on this one. Trying to speak Thai without knowing vowel lengths and tones can get you into a lot more trouble than being cute. Kuaii as you have shown above is considered the most vulgar and offensive word in the Thai language and should never be used in mixed company, and if you just can't resist, only with close friends in a private setting. I've been speaking Thai for the last five years and I still make mistakes. As an example the Thai word for snow is h├м m├б, but if you are not careful with vowels and tones hii m─Гa means dog pussy. Better to be cautious and study before finding yourself in an embarrassing situation or worse.

Smiles
December 17th, 2011, 12:05
I have to agree with ChristianPC on this one. Trying to speak Thai without knowing vowel lengths and tones can get you into a lot more trouble than being cute. Kuaii as you have shown above is considered the most vulgar and offensive word in the Thai language and should never be used in mixed company, and if you just can't resist, only with close friends in a private setting. I've been speaking Thai for the last five years and I still make mistakes. As an example the Thai word for snow is h├м m├б, but if you are not careful with vowels and tones hii m─Гa means dog pussy. Better to be cautious and study before finding yourself in an embarrassing situation or worse.
Excellent advice Gthai.

It goes both ways of course. For years my guy ~ who speaks very good english ~ heard me using the english word "discussion" or "discussing" in his direction. Usually it would come up when talking about 'The Relationship' and the need for communication and compromise and talking things out (and bla bla bla) when problems arise.
But, as it turned out (and I only found this out recently!), he wasn't hearing the word "discussion" (he didn't know that one) . . . he was hearing another word (one he knew): "disgusting" and "disgust". I was saying "discussion", but he was hearing "disgusting".
He was getting an entirely different meaning during the 'discussion' than I knew he was getting . . . . he thought I was saying something about him that was "disgusting".

The worst part of it was that it went on for some years, but he never checked me up on it, never asked for clarification, just (as I now realize) brooded a bit and was quite unhappy.

Once I finally realized what was happening, of course we fixed everything up . . . and now we are both under orders to halt a 'discussion' at any time and go back to a word or phrase for some clarification and a quick dash to the Thai/English dictionary.

And now of course, whenever I get overly ponderous and wordy about something or other, he has learned, and put to good use, a new and very useful phrase: i.e. " ... and bla bla bla ... ".
The latest word he's tripped over, learned more about, and which turned into a useful discussion is: "proportional" . . . which turns into great conversation when sitting on the beach under an umbrella analyzing farang body types strolling by along the water's edge.

painai2
December 17th, 2011, 14:15
Hopefully using a few Thai words will encourage one to study Thai. I'm constantly learning Thai, because I have found that the more Thai I know, the better time I have with my Thai friends. I hear over and over, the Farang says that he didn't have a good time because of a tricks lack of English. True, it would be ideal if all of the bar workers spoke fluent English, but since they don't, speaking Thai can prove to be very helpful.

christianpfc
December 17th, 2011, 17:33
Let me try to translate this back to Thai (with ? where I don't know the word, maybe someone else can correct and fill gaps)

- Chang noi. - Little elephant; р╕Кр╣Йр╕▓р╕Зр╕Щр╣Йр╕н р╕в
- Nong chai. - Li'l. bro.; р╕Щр╣Йр╕нр╕Зр╕Кр╕▓р╕в
- Doh mai roo lom. - A perm't. hard-on; ?
- Kamlang seua krong. - Powerful like a Bengal tiger; р╕Бр╕│р╕ер╕▒р╕Зр╣Ар╕ р╕╖р╕н ?
- Kamlang chang sarn. - P'ful. like an elephant. р╕Бр╕│р╕ер╕▒р╕Кр╣Йр╕ р╕З ?
- sucking : "sa-moke" ?
- fucking: "ao kan" р╣Ар╕нр╕▓р╕│р╕Бр╕▒р╕ Щ
- make love "mii sex" р╕бр╕╡р╣Ар╕Лр╣Зр╕Бр╕к р╣М
- penis: "khong" (polite) or "kuaii" (not so polite) р╕Вр╕нр╕З / р╕Др╕зр╕в
- to cuddle: "kord kan" р╕Бр╕нр╕Фр╕Бр╕▒р╕Щ
- top: "rook" р╕гр╕╕р╕Б
- bottom: "rap" р╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ
- Up to you - "laew dtar khun" р╣Бр╕ер╣Йр╕зр╣Бр╕Хр╣И ╕Др╕╕р╕У
- Lang Too Yen = cleaning the fridge = rimming ass hole р╕ер╣Йр╕▓р╕Зр╕Хр╕╣р╣ р╣Ар╕вр╣Зр╕Щ
- Tawai Bua = offering lotus = knee down to suck the cock ? р╕Ър╕▒р╕з

snow is h├м m├б р╕лр╕┤р╕бр╕░, but if you are not careful with vowels and tones hii m─Гa р╕лр╕╡р╕лр╕бр╕▓ means dog pussy

(all from memory, I will take a look into "Thai for Gay Tourists" later)

anonone
December 17th, 2011, 17:48
And now of course, whenever I get overly ponderous and wordy about something or other, he has learned, and put to good use, a new and very useful phrase: i.e. " ... and bla bla bla ... ".

My BF uses the bla bla bla term as well. And I agree, very useful. Of course, now both of us use it. Always fair to turn it around on him. :happy7:

Brad the Impala
December 17th, 2011, 18:20
Seems like bla bla bla has found widespread popularity. I have had to introduce etcetera etcetera, just for a change.

The discussion/disgusting trap is completely understandable, just so sad, and funny, that it wasn't picked up before.

Shuee
December 17th, 2011, 18:34
i always get confused when the thia guy says something like ' you want thai silk' thai silk, what is this reffering to when your chatting on a gay website?

December 17th, 2011, 20:14
i always get confused when the thia guy says something like ' you want thai silk' thai silk, what is this reffering to when your chatting on a gay website?

He is offering to make you a new blouse, dear.

:occasion9:

llz
December 17th, 2011, 20:19
This simply means that the guy uses Google automatic translation service, as р╣Др╕лр╕б the thai word for silk is the same as one of the thai words roughly equivalent to the question mark.
Using the Google translation service for р╕Др╕╕р╕Ур╕нр╕вр╕▓р╕ р╕Др╕Щр╣Др╕Чр╕вр╣Др╕л р╕б (would you like a thai guy ?) will return "Would you like Thai silk.", which shows the limits of these tools

christianpfc
December 18th, 2011, 01:09
Most of the automatic translations are very difficult to understand, and as soon as I notice that my chat partner uses automatic translation I switch to Thai.

But some messages translate well: "I want to fly a kite with you" made me smile. ("Fly a kite" - Thai slang for masturbation)

RichLB
December 18th, 2011, 07:44
[Those who suggest studying Thai are certainly correct, but don't let worrying about saying the wrong thing frighten you away from speaking whatever Thai you know. Sure, you'll screw up, but Thais recognize you are not a native speaker and are likely to find your mistakes more cute and amusing than they are to take offense. In spite of all protests to the contrary, Thai is NOT that difficult to learn at a rudimentary level. As with most things, practice, practice, practice. It's fun and relatively easy.

Smiles
December 20th, 2011, 15:06
" ... I have had to introduce etcetera etcetera, just for a change ... "
:rolling: When he eventually comes out with " ... and so on and so forth ... " that will be the day that I take a powder, for good.

rtoo
January 15th, 2012, 01:48
How do you say, "can you fuck all night?" or its equivalent?

anonone
January 15th, 2012, 05:46
How do you say, "can you fuck all night?" or its equivalent?
That is an easy one....
"would you like 2000 baht?" :sign5:

Couldn't resist :laughing3: