PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Clubs

martin911
December 15th, 2011, 02:25
I spent the last few days in Bkk with Bf and a few pals from here in pattaya --

Dj station -- was there on a tue but it was very deserted looking --- almost more Farang than thai boys -- and not even the usual amount of bar boys that fill it after 1 am were nowhere to be seen -- Starting to get very dated looking !!

GoD --same as Dj -- deserted looking(tue night ) , almost more farang than thai again !!--- again very dated looking/lasers etc

Now i know its a tue nite /work nite etc but theres nowhere near the crowds(or fun )u see in Nab/Dave simliar week nites -- and the thai thai places below were busy same nites that dj/god were not !! -- i dont think u can put it down to a poor high season etc (there are loads of farang (too many even !!)- in Nab/Dave -- its the lack of thai boys that had those places quiet ,is there somewhere new in Silom area that the barboys are going too ??????

ICK (Ramkhamhaeng ) mon nite --- it was well full even at 3am ,plenty of cute guys ,tends to get an older crowd there 20 to 30 yo -- and older thai men with their younger giks )
And the short show had 1 group of very sexy boy dancers (same could not be siad about the coyotes !!)
Coyotes were a lot of fun tho,lots more intermingling -- the system there seems to be u put a note around a soda bottle,and beckon the guy over -at which point he takes the note and tips the soda water all over his body !! they were all soaked -- but was fun !!
And ONLY 1 farang was there (ME !!) the two odd hours we were there --- and it would have been a piece of cake to hook up with one of the locals

--My bf was both happy and ill at ease about me being there
Happy because many guys there were giving me eyes /coming over/touching me etc and he was happy that i was with HIM in front of people he knew -- (ICK would be his "local " club as he lives near it -)
Started to get Ill at ease because of the attention i kept getting!!! - he didnt even want me to go to the toilet on my own lol

SarGay (although sounds like Sarkay ) -- this was our first time to go there -- its in the area of Kao San road/ Grand Palace -- and many of taxi drivers lined up outside ICK had no idea where it was --so u need to know where it is!!
Mon nite and the place was FUll of thai guys -and its a fairly large place !!! -- crowd was 100 % 18-20 Toot /fem style boys -- not a masc guy in sight !!
There is a central stage area and ALL the boys were dancing in tandem with distinct groups of friends trying to out do each other with their dancing styles -- they were all taking their dancing seriously !

It was really great to see --- they were all having so much fun it was infectious !!!
Again only 1 farang there -- and they were not a bit shy with me ,but the few i spoke to had zero english -- !!-- some were so brazen-,even coming up to me in front of the BF !!! his face at times was priceless
I nearly fell over when the check bin came --we had brought our whiskey with us --but we were there 1 hour (5 of us ) -3 ice buckets/cokes/soda water popcorn --and the bill was 150 bhat !!!!!! ---def a local prices !!!
(note to the owner of the Club in pattaya --Stop taking the piss with prices !!!!)
I would def go there again for the simple reason its great to see thai gays enjoying in their natural habitat

Kar Dae --(Rachada soi 19) we were there Sunday /Monday/Tuesday nites --- like my previous visits it gets going 3.30 on until 9am-but was full every night -with a good mix of gay guys from the fem type to 30 yo more masc guys --so something for everyone !!
I was the only farang there the 5 odd hours i spent there the two nites --like before it would have been sooo easy to hook up there

So in essence if you want to enjoy a nite in Bkk clubs on a weeknite /even weekend then the more "thai thai non commercial " clubs are much more fun than the Silom ones
Its a diff experience -- no annoying MB types with brash come ons for a start ---- and they are much cheaper nite !!

And having gone to those places now a fair bit I would have no hesitation going now on my own !!!(if i could get away with it lol )

colmx
December 15th, 2011, 07:45
Moderators please excuse my language... but.... Martin.... you are a bastard!

Teasing me when i'm stuck here in the freezing cold of miserable Ireland :party :party

But nice to see you still about... thought Da Boss had banned you or something!

Is there smething wrong with your camera??? Where are the pics! :notworthy: :notworthy:
Glad i was not with you or we would have had to share the boys! :3some: :3some: :3some: LOL

martin911
December 15th, 2011, 18:24
Moderators please excuse my language... but.... Martin.... you are a bastard!

Teasing me when i'm stuck here in the freezing cold of miserable Ireland :party :party

But nice to see you still about... thought Da Boss had banned you or something!

Is there smething wrong with your camera??? Where are the pics! :notworthy: :notworthy:
Glad i was not with you or we would have had to share the boys! :3some: :3some: :3some: LOL

Lol -- that was not my intention G --anyway it is not long before you arrive --- think of the anticipation u now have lol !!!

Nope not banned Yet !! but i live in hope !!--

Pictures !!! -- never even crossed my mind -- i dont think a farang in one of those thai places would too welcome with his phone stuck in their faces taking photos !! -- but there is one picture deep in my mind -- of one stunning guy in Kar Dae mon night -- he was at the table across from me ,he seemed to be alone /waiting for friends to join ,was soo looking to be picked up (he was so obvious about it it pissed T off so much he wouldnt hear about bringing the guy back with us )
And i didnt get a chance to talk to him by myself --- fuck :(:(

--

December 15th, 2011, 21:27
Hey sounds like fun (except for your boyfriend). But I have a couple questions for you:

Are any of the non-Silom clubs you mentioned Western-style nightclubs, with dance floors unencumbered by tables and stools?

And what's the music like?

Thanks for the post!

christianpfc
December 15th, 2011, 22:54
Thanks for the post. I went to most places you mention. I agree that the soda shows in ICK are nice to watch.

But I find it very difficult to hook up in Thai for Thai venues (i.e. in about 10 visits, mainly ICK, I didn't hook up a single time, whereas in DJ the chances are 50%).

Maybe the problem is my attitude? I do not enjoy loud music and flashing light, I go there for eye candy and hope to hook up. I don't dance and I don't drink alcohol (apart from up to two liters of beer per year, spread over the time in Thailand). Do I exude that I would rather be in a quit environment, is that why nobody approaches me?

Or am I too early? I prefer to return to my hotel before 2am. Do the Thais get more approachable later, after more drinks?

loke
December 15th, 2011, 23:09
Thanks for the post. I went to most places you mention. I agree that the soda shows in ICK are nice to watch.

But I find it very difficult to hook up in Thai for Thai venues (i.e. in about 10 visits, mainly ICK, I didn't hook up a single time, whereas in DJ the chances are 50%).

Maybe the problem is my attitude? I do not enjoy loud music and flashing light, I go there for eye candy and hope to hook up. I don't dance and I don't drink alcohol (apart from up to two liters of beer per year, spread over the time in Thailand). Do I exude that I would rather be in a quit environment, is that why nobody approaches me?

Or am I too early? I prefer to return to my hotel before 2am. Do the Thais get more approachable later, after more drinks?

Yeah you should stay there all night , and drink more , join the party . Exchange phone numbers , you can hook up with them later if they are interested.

I really wanna try SARGAI , sounds like fun , so just need to find it first , Grand Palace is the easy part , but which soi ?

Beachlover
December 15th, 2011, 23:23
Dj station -- was there on a tue but it was very deserted looking --- almost more Farang than thai boys -- and not even the usual amount of bar boys that fill it after 1 am were nowhere to be seen -- Starting to get very dated looking !!
I was in DJ a couple of times during the floods, but was with a big group of friends and not looking to pick up.

Packed like crazy on weekends. On weeknights it wasn't absolutely packed but still quite busy and far from deserted.

As for there being more farangs than Thais... it might be the case on the second level (looked 50/50 or 60/40 to me at one point) but definitely never the case on the ground level dance floor. If that ever happens, I'll go elsewhere!

I usually get Thais trying to chat me up speaking Thai at first. What was funny was the farang who tried to chat me up in Thai LOL.

pong
December 16th, 2011, 08:37
SarGay (although sounds like Sarkay ) -- this was our first time to go there -- its in the area of Kao San road/ Grand Palace -- and many of taxi drivers lined up outside ICK had no idea where it was --so u need to know where it is!!
Mon nite and the place was FUll of thai guys -and its a fairly large place !!! -- crowd was 100 % 18-20 Toot /fem style boys -- not a masc guy in sight !!
There is a central stage area and ALL the boys were dancing in tandem with distinct groups of friends trying to out do each other with their dancing styles -- they were all taking their dancing seriously !

Kar Dae --(Rachada soi 19) we were there Sunday /Monday/Tuesday nites --- like my previous visits it gets going 3.30 on until 9am-but was full every night -with a good mix of gay guys from the fem type to 30 yo more masc guys --so something for everyone !!
I was the only farang there the 5 odd hours i spent there the two nites --like before it would have been sooo easy to hook up there !!!(if i could get away with it lol )
That is Sa KE it is even very clearly labelled in front. Opposite is a gay sauna, MIXMEN. yes, even though it is only acrosds the road from Khao sarn with a few 1000 young bekpekkers, virtually unknown. Simply tell any taxi either Khao sarn or Ton Salak= govmt. lottery office=also across road., or just bnefopre the Sanam Luang/Rattanakosindr hotel. There is a lively nightmarket there-along the can klong Lot, with lots of poh, also gay, sexy underwear-also male and a little onward the well known rental boy scene walking along Saran Rom park.
I guess the guys you missed at DJ were having their own fun in ICK and the rest-there are also the same style oToKo bars-along the side of Chatuchak weekend market, and CASTRO-now 1 yr, along famous RCA-faily close toward the orad toward Ram /along Phetburi

pong
December 16th, 2011, 08:41
yes/ja-as above: they need to get pissed drunk before. And even then do not expect too much- fastly scribbeld notes with mobuy nrs are the best way to get in contact later. And why should any Thai be so interested in getting hooked up with farang anyway? Maybe they go to those clubs as they do not like those staring farang around them........?
But now that ram (the giant uni around there-plus some others) are having many foreign part-time students (a special contract with some German uni even) there are more and more young farang around Ram-many more as I remember.
There is another ThaifrThai gay scene=-more older and sedate, developing in LardPrao soi 122-but that is more that dreadful KaraOk, bars, massage and 4-5 sauna's. This soi links into soi Ram 65.

christianpfc
December 17th, 2011, 01:13
I really wanna try SARGAI , sounds like fun , so just need to find it first , Grand Palace is the easy part , but which soi ?
If I remember correctly it's in the maps in gay magazines (Bangkok Desire, Thai Phuan, Out in Thailand), but under the name SaKe.

I was there twice, so I would find it starting at Khao San, but if you don't know where it is you either need someone who takes you there (e.g. Taxi driver who knows the location) or a map.

martin911
December 19th, 2011, 10:32
Hey sounds like fun (except for your boyfriend). But I have a couple questions for you:

Are any of the non-Silom clubs you mentioned Western-style nightclubs, with dance floors unencumbered by tables and stools?

And what's the music like?

Thanks for the post!

The BF was still having a lot of fun !! --made him feel good the attention HIS farang was getting !!! but he still wanted to moan a little --Gayboys are not unlike women in that department i find !!

The three non silom clubs are all thai style tables/stools/Bottles of whiskey :happy7: and have one great asset that no western nightclubs have ----
Loads of horny cute Thai boys :party

Sa Ke (as i read it to be here in this post ) is mainly all Thai pop/ Korean boyband style pop music -- as this is what its customers like !!
ICK is a mix of the above and western trance/house music
Kar Dae is mainly Trance/house for the late nite party boys !!

Hope you enjoy if you go --its such a refreshing change from the falseness of the Pattaya/Silom clubs--- no money no honey as the saying goes/ i miss u so much!! bla bla bla
Any time we have picked up boys from the Non silom clubs --ICK/ Fake/ Kardae/ Rachada soi 8/Gstar (lots of toot boys in Gstar if that is your thing ! ) we have never paid money ---just normal horny guys looking to hook up for fun !!
We get so used to paying money in Pattaya/Silom because its the system there i think we tend to forget that there is such a thing as free sex in the rest of the world !!!!

martin911
December 19th, 2011, 10:53

Too be honest you dont seem to be the aproachable type --- im sorry but thats the way u come across as potential hook up (if i were a thai /or any other boy )
And a little naive -- what do u Really think the awnser is to your question about "do thais get more approachable after more drinks !!
Not liking loud music/flashing lights (what age are ,you sound like a grumpy pensioner the way u talk!! ) and dont dance or drink !!!--- i think the type of boys u are looking for(or are more suited to your style mabye ) are more likely to be found in a library than a niteclub !!!!

It also does not help your case that you are alone ,it would be much easier if you were with a thai friend --a single farang sipping water or soda ,feet firmly stuck to the floor ,wincing at the loud music does not look like a guy to approach for fun --- !!!! and the Thais are big into sanook !

Non barboys can be very rerserved with farang from my experience -- ive had many of my bfs uni friends come stay in our house and they are so so shy at first .--some of them have told me in the past that they thought farang were" angry" people -- thats what their perception was !!

Ok everybody has different ideas of what constitutes fun for themselves -- but you asked the question about why nobody approaches you !! --
Do you find the same problem in your home country ??

I think the possible answer is in your own post !!

aussie_
December 19th, 2011, 12:26
:party

Manforallseasons
December 19th, 2011, 13:14
:sleepy2:

jinks
December 19th, 2011, 13:40
Ditto :kap:

martin911
December 22nd, 2011, 23:59
Ditto :kap:

HAHA my my --sour grapes eh ??--

forgotton what it was like ??

Stick with the ovaltine and slippers guys (oh yes and the Venue !! ) :occasion9: :occasion9:

December 23rd, 2011, 00:14
i wouldnt mind giving some of these clubs a go .. i was never one for that sort of thing in my younger days ..
can you recommend any clubs that have real pop martin ... david essex .. slade.. the sweet .... barry blue ... even a bit of rod steward ... i cant stand that shed music . all thump thump thump ... sounds all the same to me ...
i look forward to your reply ... its time to :party man im so :glasses7: :occasion9:

martin911
December 23rd, 2011, 00:24

Christian

Just to add one further obs
Last nite i was in Kar Dae ( which is as thai Thai as u could find !! )

There were 2 other farangs there als (not a common sight )

- 1 was a very boisterious Yank ( 50s ) that had arrived with 2 Chinese friends that had no english !! --

He was great fun ,knocking back whiskey ,clinking glasses all around him -- having great fun with all for his first time in KD
Now because of where our table was at the entrance i could see newcomers arriving --and very suprised to see farang ,, i could see the hesitation in them at first but more and more plucked up the courage to go over and Approach him -- clink glasses etc
There were Thai boys flocking to his table !!(as it can be similar for our table at times )

When he was going he had a at least one guy that seemed to be going home with him --but he would have had no shortage of choice !!

Second farang (40s) was there alone ,didnt arrive til late 6am or so
he was drinking whiskey and smoking a shi Sha -- -- But Nobody seemed to approach him

I saw him attempting a few approachs but it wasnt in his favour !!
I chatted him for a while and he seemed a nice guy !!
Although he grabbed one guy out of our elevator as we were leaving so i think he was a happy camper in the end

So i think the going alone factor and not drinking whiskey etc does have something to do whether farang can hook up in the Those clubs

Mabye Undaunted (sorry man for seasons ) and Jinks might like to do a review for the board ????

martin911
December 23rd, 2011, 00:32
i wouldnt mind giving some of these clubs a go .. i was never one for that sort of thing in my younger days ..
can you recommend any clubs that have real pop martin ... david essex .. slade.. the sweet .... barry blue ... even a bit of rod steward ... i cant stand that shed music . all thump thump thump ... sounds all the same to me ...
i look forward to your reply ... its time to :party man im so :glasses7: :occasion9:

David essex/ etc !!!

that type of music is not really played in any of the places i have gone to soo far !!

But Bkk is full of clubs --there has to be somewhere its played -- big expat population in Bkk that would have similar tastes as yourself !!

Korean boyband pop is popular as i mentioned in some of those clubs --about as close as you get to to what u mention
But i believe Hollywood might be a place that plays Rod ST type of style
Colmx i think would be the boards resident expert on Hollywood

G ????

martin911
December 23rd, 2011, 00:35
:party

Good stuff !! (as we say at home !!)

Aussies are als known for their sense of humour and having Fun --no matter what age !!!

unlike others who dont seem to like reading about Sanook :occasion9:

colmx
December 24th, 2011, 22:53
But i believe Hollywood might be a place that plays Rod ST type of style
Colmx i think would be the boards resident expert on Hollywood

G ????

Rod Stewart!
Hollywood music style is pretty much the same as Dave/NAB - except the show
It had leaned heavily into hipHop for a while but has now drifted back to main stream dance music and remixes

Show usually has a mixture of a few Enlish ballads or Rock (Linkin Park), Korean pop, Thai rock, ballads and pop - all sung live

Last time i heard David Essex was acting in Eastenders :dontknow: