PDA

View Full Version : Need to check Id even in Bangkok!

Brisboy82
December 15th, 2011, 00:36
My impression was that the bars in Bangkok were very well regulated and everyone was sure to be over 18 in the main Gogo bars.

However I went into one very well known longstanding Gogo bar and had two boys to sit with me. They both said they were 18. I said to the mamasan I can't decide which one to take etc etc. he said to me
No problem we have room for you here you can take boy. I said to him why can't I take to my hotel. He just kept saying 'can't take these boys to hotel can only have in short
Time room' and 'yes sure they are both 18 don't worry. But they don't have id'.

When I insisted there was no way I was taking either of then without id he gave in and send one of them to get his id. He must have thought I wouldn't do the math but when I saw his Id it showed he
Had only just recently turned 17!. I said to the boy I am
Sorry you are too young. Then he pointed at the other boy and said 'he younger than me!'

Of course I took neither boy and I left the bar. I am just really shocked
That this occurred in that particular
Bar it was the last place
I'd expect I see such a thing.

December 15th, 2011, 14:57
There is a gogo in Pattaya where the average age of the 'dancer' is 16, and they don't bother to hide that fact.

Brisboy82
December 15th, 2011, 15:09
There is a gogo in Pattaya where the average age of the 'dancer' is 16, and they don't bother to hide that fact.

Yes but my shock was in the fact that this was One
Of the main large Gogo bars in Bangkok. I thought Bangkok was a lot more tightly regulated.

December 15th, 2011, 15:10

I'm intrigued by your comment - how do you know that as a fact?

After going into a gogo bar, is your first question to the mamasan "What is the average age of your dancers"?

Does the Mamasan then whip a calculator out, go round every boy and enter his age, then press "=" and divide by the number of boys?

In all my years of visiting gogo bars I thought I had seen everything - but apparently not.

:occasion9:

loke
December 15th, 2011, 22:48

Of the main large Gogo bars in Bangkok. I thought Bangkok was a lot more tightly regulated.

Brisboy why cant you name the bar?

If this story is true I am sure we all would like to know which bar to avoid.

So if the boy was 17 his ID would show 2537.
DO NOT POST THE NAME DaBoss

Brisboy82
December 16th, 2011, 01:44

Brisboy why cant you name the bar?

If this story is true I am sure we all would like to know which bar to avoid.

So if the boy was 17 his ID would show 2537.
DO NOT POST THE NAME DaBoss

As with all the newer I'd cards there was a western date as well as a Thai one. It said October 1994.

As for naming the bar the forum has clear policies about that. We could name
A list of bars in sunee plaza if we were allowed but it's strictly forbidden. An so also I cannot name
This Bangkok bar. Just remember I check id no matter what bar you are at.

December 16th, 2011, 02:00
[quote="lonely_farang":2d702qcw]There is a gogo in Pattaya where the average age of the 'dancer' is 16, and they don't bother to hide that fact.

I'm intrigued by your comment - how do you know that as a fact?

After going into a gogo bar, is your first question to the mamasan "What is the average age of your dancers"?

Does the Mamasan then whip a calculator out, go round every boy and enter his age, then press "=" and divide by the number of boys?

In all my years of visiting gogo bars I thought I had seen everything - but apparently not.

:occasion9:[/quote:2d702qcw]

I went in there once, not too many boys. I had a drink with one of the older looking boys who said he was 16. I asked him about another boy there who looked 13 and he said he's also 16. That's my scientific method.

pong
December 16th, 2011, 08:30
anyone with the slightest knowledge of BKK ''gogo'' bars will know this place-as seedy as always in its 20+ years of existence.
BUT: I know 1 guy working there pretty well-yes, met him there, many moons/years ago, and his body has hardly changed since he started-he now is 36+ and tells fresh customers he is 20/21. IDcards are easily swapped/borrowed (can you read the rest on them?)-also as they somehow seem to think many clients think it is kinky to have that. The police is heavily involved as bisnispartner in this bar.........

Brisboy82
December 16th, 2011, 10:23
anyone with the slightest knowledge of BKK ''gogo'' bars will know this place-as seedy as always in its 20+ years of existence.
BUT: I know 1 guy working there pretty well-yes, met him there, many moons/years ago, and his body has hardly changed since he started-he now is 36+ and tells fresh customers he is 20/21. IDcards are easily swapped/borrowed (can you read the rest on them?)-also as they somehow seem to think many clients think it is kinky to have that. The police is heavily involved as bisnispartner in this bar.........

Which bar are you referring to?

If you read the warning above, I have indicated that it will be a violation of board Rules. It should be a warning to keep asking the name of the bar.

christianpfc
December 17th, 2011, 01:04
I can top that. I was sitting in a bar in Soi Twilight, and mamasan pointed to a boy walking past: "He sixteeen years old.". I didn't ask her!

In another bar, mamasan claimed the boy was 18, so I asked to have a look at his ID and while I was holdind his ID in my hand and reading and calculating if October 1994 to August 2011 is 16 or 17 years, she repeated that he is 18. This (insert swear word of your choice) must have thought I am a complete moron!

I always check ID cards, but I only look for the birthday. As the boys have nicknames, comparing the names if of no use. The pictures are small, so I don't compare.

December 17th, 2011, 01:08
I must go around with my eyes shut - I have not see ANY of this in any of the major gay bars in BKK.

December 17th, 2011, 17:59
i would like to thank daboss for deleting certain posts .. and for those that didnt read it ... i would like to add i can now see why some posts get deleted .. as not only could they get the owner into trouble they could also get the individual who wrote the post deep into the poo poo too ...