PDA

View Full Version : High Season or Dry Season?

SlaveDriver
December 13th, 2011, 06:12
With almost half way into December and the much anticipated high season, how is it going guys?

Are the hotels 90% booked?

Are the Tourist arriving as(s) in the past years?

Are the Bars full and over-flowing with customers

Are the Bars over-flowing with cute, nice and new hosts to cater to the high traffic?

Let us share honest feedbacks without attacking each other. :party

December 13th, 2011, 08:33
I asked my hotel if they are 90% booked and I think the answer in Thai was "fuck off and mine your own business" but it doesn'y lokk like it to me.

Marsilius
December 13th, 2011, 09:10
Asking Ritt, Phon (of Gems & Phon taxis - though Gems has now left the business) and other vendors on Dongtan beach, they all say business is somewhat down this year. Deck chairs only 50% occupied yesterday, though usually pretty much full by this point in December.

pong
December 13th, 2011, 10:38
here-in this utmost non-gay area of BKK where I stay since 2 weeks now again, it is definitely very, very dry, very cool too, and by the day the guesthse has more people (yes, when i came i was about 1 of 2-3 total) and the streets too.
The masssageshop I went too, being in floods for 1 month, had just reopened last week and was 1 week later brimming with clients and nearly full and sold out-but thats all Thai.

Marsilius
December 13th, 2011, 16:48
Even worse at Rit's chairs today (Tuesday 13) with only maybe 30% occupancy.

witchhunt
December 13th, 2011, 17:26
Marsillius it is winter here and I do not go down to the beach when it is cool, or when the wind is from the wrong direction.

You remind me of years ago in Hawaii, it was raining but still the dumbfucks were lying on their towels trying to get a suntan.

Who the fuck goes to the beach when it is not hot. Maybe you come from England or Europe where today was considered a heat wave. It was not.

Marsilius
December 13th, 2011, 17:38
Who the fuck goes to the beach when it is not hot. [sic.]

Tourists.

And this year they are not going.

fedssocr
December 13th, 2011, 21:22
Pattaya seemed pretty busy to me. The hotel I was in (Aya Boutique hotel used to be Fraser Resort) was quite full. Lots of people had to wait for their rooms to be ready when they arrived in the morning. But of course that means regular tourists not necessarily gay people. As always lots of Russians and Arabs. Lots of families with small children which always baffles me a bit.

The bars I visited (gogo variety) were all pretty quiet for the most part. Did pop in to the New Sawadee Boys on the entrance to the Sunee area and there were lots of other curiosity seekers there. It was packed when I arrived but it is a very small bar. Elsewhere was more quiet but seemed a little busier than when I was there in early November.

Bangkok bars seemed pretty quiet. The BBB bars still seemed to be doing well for their shows. But the other places on the street were not so busy.

Neal
December 14th, 2011, 00:01
I love to go to the beach in this cooler weather. what I hate is when it gets too hot.

loke
December 14th, 2011, 23:26
Yes it is very nice to be in Thailand now!

With cool temperatures down to 24 Celsius , it feels like a normal summer day where I come from in Europe.

Even walking around in Bangkok doesnt feel so bad , and a light breeze in the early evenings.

December 14th, 2011, 23:31
I love to go to the beach in this cooler weather. what I hate is when it gets too hot.
i thought i saw you at the beach last time i was there daboss... then i realise when it got up... it was that bloody great
st bernard ... dont hit me i was only joking :nunu: