PDA

View Full Version : Boy Karoake bars

lonelywombat
December 13th, 2011, 05:09
Let us get it back on track...anyone else got any boy karaoke adventures to recount?
I think most people that end up in a Boy Karaoke have had waaaay too much to drink earlier that night and can not remember too many details!
Soi Korpai, Soi Bunkot and Soi Buakow all in South pattaya must have 30+ boy Karaokes... might try them all one night! :party

In over 20 years coming to Pattaya I have not ever been to a boy karoake bar and cannot recall a thread with that subject Yes a handful of times I have gone along with a LT boy but there were just as many females there as males. I assume from other posts that colmx has made he probably moves with a group of Thais to disco and similar places. Is that the only way to find fun and are the Karoake boys offable as It appeared to be suggested in another thread.

I certainly would like to hear some stories if there are any available.

Also the new Stardust Karoake opposite Forest bar does not seem to have found its niche. Do you think they have got it wrong and which boy karoake bar should they look at.

Brad the Impala
December 13th, 2011, 06:00
Let us get it back on track...anyone else got any boy karaoke adventures to recount?
I think most people that end up in a Boy Karaoke have had waaaay too much to drink earlier that night and can not remember too many details!
Soi Korpai, Soi Bunkot and Soi Buakow all in South pattaya must have 30+ boy Karaokes... might try them all one night! :party

In over 20 years coming to Pattaya I have not ever been to a boy karoake bar

I have only been to boy karaoke bars in Thailand of which there are very many. The guys working there are available to be offed by girls, guys or in betweens. However they can choose to pass too, if the customer, or what they want to do, does not appeal.

pong
December 13th, 2011, 10:49
as by now you likely know BKK is my place,and here they certainly exist-just in lieu of the gogo system, but with drinks, off etc. Mainly/only in the Sapan Kwai-and their nr is going down by the year. Apparently this is/was as the police there did not want gogo (there is just 1 left). Often used by Thai as venue for some party-with all that comes with it, like the whiskey bottle, set drinks etc.

newalaan
December 14th, 2011, 09:11
Do you think they have got it wrong and which boy karoake bar should they look at.Good question Lonelywombat. Unfortunately a long answer from me. Stardust in my opinion is only part of they way I would like to see in a new type of karaoke bar, that is, they are gay for gay. But i dont know their 'set up' so I can only describe the type of karaoke bar in Pattaya I would love to see. In Pattaya I have yet to visit or hear of a 'gay only' karoake venue. If i was a businessman with bar ownership experience and wanted to set up a bar in Pattaya it would be a Gay karaoke bar. I would base it on the 'normal' karaoke bars you see everywhere which are indeed aimed at females, but there are gay-for-pay guys available if it takes their fancy. I would have gay-only staff. It would compete with gay host bars and agogos in Pattaya which are aimed at gay male customers. Because it would be gay hosts, waiters and customers I would not expect any female customers which would probably suit many gay customers.

I think many gay boys, femme/bottom, flexible or tops would prefer to work without having to dance in underwear. The set up for me is much more casual. There are mamasans, waiters and host boys in karaokes. The mamasans organise the care of customers in a different way to the ones in agogos, they get more involved with the concept of the place. The drink waiters are assigned to a particular table and usually hope/expect to share the bottle opened at the table or even be offed. The hosts 'circulate' until invited to a table. They do this during the evening, and especially at one/two or three specific parts of the evenings entertainment where they go up to the stage in their host dress, usually trousers/white shirts or blazer depending on the karaoke, but always looking very neat and presentable. They then get introduced one by one by a compere, one or two of the mamsans. They step forward or have a spot light shine on them,their individual number is read out with their name and something about them. They then stand onstage until they are invited to a table. After the time allowed for this 'show' the hosts not invited to a table just continue to circulate, make themselves available etc.. The expectations from the hosts are mostly tips, commission on drinks and flirting with the group who have invited them. Its really a typical thai social situation where a group enjoys drinks, a bottle and a bit of singing, dancing, flirting. An off would be the ultimate aim.

In addition to the normal seating arrangements which are aimed at gruops of people I would have a few raised tables at the back where individual farangs could come for a beer or drink and sit and take-in or enjoy the goings-on, there would always be music, be it from the DJ or the karaoke singers. The hosts would be able to join customers at these tables. The host shows would have regular time slots so solo customers could visit specifically for the stage introductions if they want.

I think a venue with gay only hosts with gay only waiter staff would be great fun for gay male customers in Pattaya. I think the hosts would enjoy it because it is a more natural thai way of 'getting off'....in a social setting getting to know one another. It need not be expensive, many karaokes offer fixed cost whisky bottles including mixers, the only extras would be a 'host' drink to allow them to join your table and/or tips, this would be over an evening two or three hours. Thereafter they can drink from the whisky bottle. However it's not like the agogo system in as much that you are expected and encouraged to stay a while and enjoy a whole evening with a variety of entertainment rather than just a quick sit down with one drink either off a guy or leave after you've seen the rotation of boys. However the raised tables at the back would be closer to the gogo style to cover as many customer types as possible. I would 'aim' the venue at farangs and groups of gay thais. If it was the only type of venue of its kind i think filling it would be no problem.

If you enjoy interaction fun it can be very enjoyable. The variety/distractions are......the drinks waiter assigned to your table-you can flirt with him- share drinks while he takes care of your drinks, obviously some karakoe singing, usually later a bit of dancing with the DJ putting on a couple of songs, the shows of the boys available to join you and also you can have some food at your table, and you can share the fun if you go with one or more friends. It's just a different way of 'getting off' A bit more like a disco where you see someone you like but you spend a while flirting before you decide who you want to take home, and a chance to talk about likes and dislikes if you want to. You know why you are there, they know why you are there but its not quite so 'in your face' as dancing in underwear and being taken out within minutes of meeting as in a gogo bar.

Neal
December 14th, 2011, 09:44
I went to JJ Karaoke neaar Tu com and the set is like this. Very nice.

December 14th, 2011, 13:03
Last month I did a 1 night tour of the many such Boy Karaoke bars on the 3'rd road and found it to be a lost cause, the boys were straight and not interested in interacting with Farangs.

I also thought, why are there no gay versions in Pattaya?

lonelywombat
December 14th, 2011, 16:05
Someone posted an adverse report of JJ a few months ago. Was it justme? I am sure there was discussion of boys being on stage and costing an arm and a leg when invited down for a drink.

I have walked past JJ many times but never been in.

Newalaan that was a great reply. I have never thought about going by myself to a karoake. The idea of a bottle of whisky to share with boys is cheaper that 6 or 7 beers or G&T at a boring beer bar. Can you take the bottle with you?

If only this thread can identify gay friendly if not gay karoake bars, it would be fantastic. If it can sew the idea in a few minds , great.

I sent a PM to the owner of Stardust. I really hopes he comes and adds to the conversations, as his bar is ideal for newalaan's suggestion.

December 14th, 2011, 16:33
It was me and I did not post an adverse opinion, I posted that if you are not careful, it could get expensive.

post232557.html?hilit=jj#p232557 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/post232557.html?hilit=jj#p232557)

newalaan
December 14th, 2011, 21:34
Someone posted an adverse report of JJ a few months ago. Was it justme? I am sure there was discussion of boys being on stage and costing an arm and a leg when invited down for a drink.
It was me and I did not post an adverse opinion, I posted that if you are not careful, it could get expensive.Justme's post and comments were an accurate description of JJ and potential costs involved if you are not careful, and the way justme partied on that occassion can be an expensive way. There are females and thais who do at times pay a big bar tabs when they have had their fun, i have seen bangkok females in pattaya for weekend fun in the likes of Hotmale karaoke call down 10 guys, or call down all the guys not already called down, its a hi-so show for her friends but they have fun, its sanook! But i think justme was just 'going for it' that night, as he hadn't been out much for fun previously and had never been to JJ before.

Most customers however just share the cost of a bottle with their thai friends, so it can be as little as Bt1000-Bt1500 inc mixers (depending what time you go, choice of whisky, cheapest is earlier with 100 pipers)and between 3, 4 or 5 guys can work out as little as Bt300 each. When thai guys go together, if one of them fancies a host its up to him to pay the drink cost and any tips for the guy he takes to the table. Many do not take any hosts down to their table at all, only interacting with the waiter at their table and singing/ dancing/ drinking. I always go with at least one other, there are a couple of tables in JJ for 2-3 people, and although you can take in your own bottle, I always just buy the house bottle with mixers. Some actually go round a few karaokes with bottle in hand and just pay the mixers as they go around.
Last month I did a 1 night tour of the many such Boy Karaoke bars on the 3'rd road and found it to be a lost cause, the boys were straight and not interested in interacting with Farangs. That is exactly what I have found over the years as well. The staff in the karaokes in that area are not interested in gay hook ups. They will certainly have no problem with serving your table, enjoying a drink with you but the boys who work there if wanting interaction with gay farangs would work boyztown/sunee. But they are not all like that, some in other areas karaokes do have gay waiters and customers up for an off, but it's hit or miss, not what you really want when you have only a set amount of time in Pattaya for fun.

My post was made suggesting the type of karaoke i would love to see and the ideal is closer to the type of karaokes there used to be around the Day/night sois 1-3 a few years ago. They were all small karaokes, really just places where bar workers and friends would go after work for some fun. They didn't have line ups of host boys, but the staff including the waiters were definitely available for offs and most of them in that area were gay. My ideal gay karaoke bar would definitley have line ups of gay hosts for offing. I used to go alone, or with a friend or two, but when i went alone i would still have a bottle of whisky, either taken with me and pay for mixers, but mostly i preferred the option of bottle and mixers together for one price for the night. Sometimes Bt999 or Bt1200. One or two of the waiters would sit with me with the odd glass of whisky, or i would ask one to join me specifically and off him, but very often other customers would come in, perhaps 3, 4 or 5 gay thai boys together, a few tables of these, and once the atmosphere of music and fun along with the whisky kicked-in i almost always landed up going home with a thai customer.

If nothing worked out with other customers I usualy had 'favourite' waiters i would take home after the fun. It really was great fun, quite informal not really expensive and a great way to meet other thai boys who worked at restaurants, other host bars, agogo bars, 7-11's, who liked fun after their work. I met some fantastic guys this way who were not regular on the gogo/barboy scene, and many were really cute and attractive and were up for a hook up with a farang. Because many of them were not on the pattaya boy scene, it was enjoyable meeting new faces, many of them worked full time in restauants and 7/11s or whatever and may have had friends who worked the 'scene' and i met many of the 'more innocent' type of gay lad but who was always happy for a bit of extra pocket money. When gay boys have had a drink they are not slow at letting you know whether they are 'available' or not, same as the clubs/discos. I still know some of these guys to this day, and many still never went to work the gay bar scene.

The thing about karaokes is the fact it is a place most young thais feel really relaxed and in their comfort zone, because socially it is set up exactly as they have been use to all their lives as they have grown up. Which is sitting in a communal area with friends, sharing booze and interacting with more than one person, completely different from the gogo scene where you have to interact with the one farang who has called you from the stage. The other thing i found is that it is more likely to 'work' back in the room because in hooking up with thai customers you know it has been their decision to go with you, approach you, without the pressure found in bar work. I think a gay karaoke bar in the right area/situation could do very well once farangs got to 'know the ropes' and would attract young gay thais out for fun, and particularly those up for a hook up with farang.

Neal
December 14th, 2011, 21:51
Yes, had not been out in years and while it was an expensive nite, it was a nite I won't soon forget. Had the time of my life!

loke
December 14th, 2011, 23:50
Most thai karaoke bars welcomes foreigners but its not a place to hook up with gay boys .

If there are local gays boys there they are probably not interested in farang.

However if you pay for the bottle and mixers , you could end up being popular and thats always a good thing.....

What Pattaya need is a similar place like Telephone Pub in Bangkok , where you will find a mix of thais and farangs having a good time.

martin911
December 15th, 2011, 01:05
Most thai karaoke bars welcomes foreigners but its not a place to hook up with gay boys .

If there are local gays boys there they are probably not interested in farang.

However if you pay for the bottle and mixers , you could end up being popular and thats always a good thing.....

What Pattaya need is a similar place like Telephone Pub in Bangkok , where you will find a mix of thais and farangs having a good time.

Then you should try Jupitor !!! als has a good few local gay boys --all willing to have fun -farang or not(although if you are not in shape it will be harder )
( most gay boys i know are close friends with girls - And boy karakoe is where the girls like to go for nights!! ,and they bring their gay pals with them - )---

loke
December 15th, 2011, 22:45
Ok great , where is this place ?

Jupitor ?

witchhunt
December 16th, 2011, 07:51
The only time I have been to karoake is when I have picked up a guy in a shop, a waiter or hotel employee and once a motorbike taxi boy. The beauty of it all for me was the totally different time I had even though I could not read let alone pronounce the thai words. Different type of boy as well.

I have mixed views as to whether a gay karoake would work in Sunee but Id love someone to try.

Shuee
December 17th, 2011, 18:48
its seems then its mainly gay for pay if things are right on the night, like the poster here who mentioned about buying bottle & mixers, get then drunk, get freindly with them, tell then what you will pay them, TAKE THEM HOME!!!
i heard that jj karaoke is good for this too

andrewcraig
December 18th, 2011, 08:02
We did not go in but looked early in the evening at the BOY KAROAKE called spilia which is part of ganymede in jomtien. we made note to call in one night but ran out of time. surprised no one has mentioned it

my str8 m8s werent keen but it looked fun I think they have freelancers there to so yeah you can get off at a gay boy karoake.

martin911
December 19th, 2011, 10:00
Ok great , where is this place ?

Jupitor ?

Just off Soi bukaow (the frendship supermarket side )

We only ever go there 5am onwards when there is a good crowd --closes 6.30/7am so i dont know what its like before that time !!.