PDA

View Full Version : Sanity at last The big boys are now working together

lonelywombat
December 13th, 2011, 04:48
I gaped at the screen to see an ad on the forum page for BoyzBoyzBoyz and then the ad link to the new website for Jim Lumsden new luxury gay resort Baan Souy. At last we see the gay business leaders get together to get Gay Pattaya back to where it used to be. That resort looks fantastic

http://www.baansouy.com

Warning luxury costs money but for those who stay in 4/5 star hotels in Pattaya this has to be the new place to stay. I doubt they would be booked out over Xmas so suggest you ask the question

info@baansouy.com

I am positive that the increasing views of sawatdee is an indication that once again Pattaya is in gay mens minds and a renewal of gay tourism is on the way

Congratulations DaBoss you have achieved the impossible.

Brad the Impala
December 13th, 2011, 06:09
I gaped at the screen to see an ad on the forum page for BoyzBoyzBoyz and then the ad link to the new website for Jim Lumsden new luxury gay resort Baan Souy. At last we see the gay business leaders get together to get Gay Pattaya back to where it used to be. That resort looks fantastic

Which big boys are these? You mean Jim is working with Jim to promote his businesses! Quelle Surprise! I gaped at the screen indeed!

I am positive that the increasing views of sawatdee is an indication that once again Pattaya is in gay mens minds and a renewal of gay tourism is on the way

Congratulations DaBoss you have achieved the impossible.

Indeed, and in his spare time he walks on water, while disingenuous sycophants wait on the shore to pay homage. Oh lord, you truly are the saviour of gay pattaya!
LOL! DaBoss

lonelywombat
December 13th, 2011, 06:31
Which big boys are these? You mean Jim is working with Jim to promote his businesses! Quelle Surprise! I gaped at the screen indeed!

Indeed, and in his spare time he walks on water, while disingenuous sycophants wait on the shore to pay homage. Oh lord, you truly are the saviour of gay pattaya!

It really has been a 180 degree turn for Boyztown to even think of posting to Sawatdee let alone advertise. After I opened this thread I also noted Panorama and Funny Boys are advertising. Who knows maybe Cafe Royale might have a change of heart or even Copa. Maybe even Balcony or Telephone,

Three months ago this could not and would not have happened.

Are you referring to me as the saviour of Gay Pattaya or to Neal who put his money, his time and drive into turning this around.

December 13th, 2011, 08:32
You mean this forum should be all about Pattaya and not other places like Bancock??

lonelywombat
December 13th, 2011, 09:24
You meand this forum should be all about Pattaya and not other places like Bancock??

Not at all. One of the biggest successes of the new owner is the SE Asia forum which is getting a lot of info posted. Strangely Koh Samui have ignored all offers to post to the Gay Thailand thread and advertise, yet Adam Preston to whom offers in the past have been made to ,has just had an article on KS published in one of the gay magazines Thaipuan. KS,CM, Phuket and Bangkok threads I am positive would be welcomed.
http://www.thaipuan.com/#02

The advertisers to join in the last 6 weeks, have included Phuket, ChiangMai and Seam Reap, plus the magazine Cambodia out.

I met Neal a few times on the beach in November and as I understand his thinking, he wants this to be a reference point for Gay Thailand and as a business owner in Pattaya, he is keen to make Pattaya a destination of choice once again, for the gay tourist. Combining Pattaya with another destination is better than not coming to Pattaya at all.

lonelywombat
December 13th, 2011, 12:26
Some additional pics not on the website as yet

[attachment=4:2l6vvv82]Baan sun-deck.jpg[/attachment:2l6vvv82]
[attachment=3:2l6vvv82]baan-souy-5.jpg[/attachment:2l6vvv82]
[attachment=2:2l6vvv82]baan-souy-4.jpg[/attachment:2l6vvv82]
[attachment=1:2l6vvv82]baan-souy-2.jpg[/attachment:2l6vvv82]
[attachment=0:2l6vvv82]baan-souy-6.jpg[/attachment:2l6vvv82]

paulg
December 13th, 2011, 15:12
OMG let me throw up has returned as Bag Wan . I wonder how long it will take before he gets his come uppance

December 13th, 2011, 20:22
OMG let me throw up has returned as Bag Wan . I wonder how long it will take before he gets his come uppance

He'd rather have cumuphim than comeuppance.

:occasion9:

December 14th, 2011, 08:33
Combining Pattaya with another destination is better than not coming to Pattaya at all.Going to anywhere else than Pattaya is better than not coming to Pattaya at all in my opinion.

Khor tose
December 14th, 2011, 10:09
Combining Pattaya with another destination is better than not coming to Pattaya at all.Going to anywhere else than Pattaya is better than not coming to Pattaya at all in my opinion.

OH-OH, with that attitude you will probably start calling Pattaya "Shitville", which means you cannot ever post on Gaybutton's board.

http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4066

December 14th, 2011, 13:12
now Im using Chrome I keep getting messages "An additional plugin is required to display some elements on this page" but Ive noticed I cant see those garish ads for Boys Boys Boys any more so that has to be a good thing doesnt it.

December 14th, 2011, 15:59
Going to anywhere else than Pattaya is better than not coming to Pattaya at all in my opinion.
And that meant exactly what?

lonelywombat
December 14th, 2011, 16:09
now Im using Chrome I keep getting messages "An additional plugin is required to display some elements on this page" but Ive noticed I cant see those garish ads for Boys Boys Boys any more so that has to be a good thing doesnt it.

If the ads is the only thing keeping this board from folding, is that a good thing? What a moron.

December 14th, 2011, 16:28
Obviously he doesn't read PMs because he says he will be abused, so he doesn't get to see questions regarding his English and what it means. He is too good to read them. Secondly this board is kept alive by memberships and or the little that is expected in the future (about 3 - 6 months) from advertisers. It doesn't have to be a reason why you are a member whether you can see ads or not, it should be that you use the board and its services, enjoy it and wish to see it survive. Lonely, you may be right about the moron thing.

Neal
December 14th, 2011, 17:34
There comes a time in everyone's life where they have to stop and reflect what is happening. This was the dilemma since I took over SGF.
In the past I was a very vocal person regarding certain goings on by certain people within Boyztown, everyone knows that.
Since I took over SGF I had to look at things from a different perspective. I was no longer an anonymous poster that could not be reached but a board owner living in Thailand and responsible to answer under the LAWS of the country where I reside. SGF was no longer located in Florida, USA but here in Thailand.

What I feel "personally" no longer matters but what matters is that nothing is/was ever proven as to the responsible people and it doesn't matter who, what and why that it never came to be but that it just did not. To continue to allow any postings regarding possible past events now violated the laws of Thailand, plain and simple and could result in a multi-million baht lawsuit and then damages depending on which way a court would rule.

Some people have alleged that we bowed to pressure and advertising dollar but the truth is that all the ads on this forum for a 3 month period are absolutely FREE, so that claim does not hold water.

No one has gotten into bed, so to speak with anyone although some may think that. The parties involved sat and looked at consequences, reality and the constant rehashing and hashing again of past events that would never or could never be proven to all come together that could absolutely point a finger and something be done about it. The parties involved are much older and the thought of extended legal repercussions is just exhausting.
Rather than fighting and throwing out wild accusations it is my desire to pull the community together, no matter my position in the past.

Everyone who had a very active voice in postings was contacted and all were explained the situation. All of us finally agreed that while nothing will ever be forgotten, it was time that we moved on. Even Kquill mentioned in several of his posts that he did not want to keep rehashing the past but unfortunately was the only one that disagreed with our decision to move on. While I can understand the bitterness he feels as to events that took place, as they are near and dear to his heart it is unfortunate that he wants to take us changing course, personally. It is not meant that way but SGF cannot continue holding his torch. We can't achieve anything ony destroy.

While I own SGF we just are not going to try and go back in time. We all live in this community and we need to pull it together and not try and pull it apart, It is easy for those that want it to continue the fight as they are not in Thailand and therefore does have to answer to the libel laws here.
I wished Kevin well and I hope that one day rather than talking the talk of letting it close, he actually DOES IT.

Quote from an email after explaining the above to Kquill:
What a fucking big silly fat coward you have turned out to be, eh?

I'll be forwarding this to everyone too. you really take the biscuit for being the biggest two faced arsehole in Pattaya!

December 14th, 2011, 18:50
It would seem that your views have changed or been changed somewhat!

Yes and for the reasons stated above. Feel free to re-read them at any time. DaBoss

Brad the Impala
December 14th, 2011, 19:34
It would seem that your views have changed or been changed somewhat!

I think that what has been explained is reasonable. There is a difference between changing your views and continuously repeating them. An even bigger difference with hosting a forum, based in Thailand, on which accusations or implications of serious crime against individuals, known to be litigation friendly, are made. What Da Boss has described is only a continuation of the policy carried out by jinks previously. As long as their is no muzzling of legitimate negative comment about current activities, as KQ implied in his now deleted post, then it's just business as normal.

Neal
December 14th, 2011, 19:47
I should add that as it was discussed with Kquill and ALL parties involved, opinions based upon a visit to an establishment can be freely posted as usual and there will be no editing or deletion as long as they are properly worded and not having any offensive language. These are the rules for everyone and every content on this forum. Deletion and or editing only has to do with old previous unproven accusations.

December 14th, 2011, 19:57
I should add that as it was discussed with Kquill and ALL parties involved, opinions based upon a visit to an establishment can be freely posted as usual and there will be no editing or deletion as long as they are properly worded and not having any offensive language. These are the rules for everyone and every content on this forum. Deletion and or editing only has to do with old previous unproven accusations.

Does that also mean that links to previous newspaper articles (without making public comments about the article/s for or against) will be deleted as you might consider it 'old hat' or possible libelous intent?

I would have thought that most forum members/users are entitled to know of events that have/may have happened previously, good or bad, and can then make up their own minds.

Neal
December 14th, 2011, 20:35
andrew Drummond while being found innocent on criminal charges was found guilty on civil and ordered to pay 1 MILLION baht! The criminal accusations are on appeal before a Thai supreme court. In other words as I mentioned to you before, NO, nothing about this will be allowed.

Marsha-old
December 14th, 2011, 21:28
As per a private PM to Daboss, I said I would abide by his rules and whould abide by them. I in no way agreed with the situation.

I have over the years had many a fall out with KQuill he is no angel and either am I. But that is not to say I would change my opinion on what has been done to him in the past. I also do not agree that things should be forgotten.

Daboss I shall still abide by your rules, however I did think that you of all people were no for swaying.

As the board has now changed, with New rules, I will no longer post on the board.

December 14th, 2011, 21:29
I have to give Neal some support here - the purpose of SGT is not to give certain SGT members a never-ending platform to conduct campaigns of vilification against others, no matter how strongly or how "right" they may feel.

I have been criticised on here before for not joining in the witchunt and I don't intend to start now.

I have every sympathy for those who feel there has been injustice and especially for those who feel that they personally have been wronged - but SGT was never the place to carry those issues forward.

Yes, Neal has been inconsistent on these issues - but he has decided to change course which is his right and his position now is that he cannot and will not allow libellous information to be carried on SGT and for which he (as publisher) would be personally liable. I cannot find any reason to criticise that stance.

If certain members really want to carry this campaign on then set up a blog or website on the matter and take personal responsibility for the content thereof - don't expect others to carry the can for YOUR comments and then take a hissy fit when you find they no longer intend to!

Neal
December 14th, 2011, 21:45
Marigar, sorry to see you go but as Kevin's right hand man for so many years, I kind of expected it and the public announcement of your going.

I have NOT asked people to forget.

I have NOT asked people to forgive.

I have not said that anything has changed except I will no longer allow the posting of the old hashed rehashed and then hashed again versions of what may or may not have happened and be placed in a position that I violate Thailands laws.

Now, if anyone including K Quill would like, and I have already offered him this option, you may deposit in our bank account the sum of 5 million baht to be held in escrow to pay for defense lawyers and any possible judgement that may arise out of it. Any takers? :dontknow:

Sooty
December 15th, 2011, 14:57
now Im using Chrome I keep getting messages "An additional plugin is required to display some elements on this page" but Ive noticed I cant see those garish ads for Boys Boys Boys any more so that has to be a good thing doesnt it.If the ads is the only thing keeping this board from folding, is that a good thing? What a moron.
Lonely, you may be right about the moron thing.Is this sort of name-calling acceptable on the Board these days? If DaBoss is going to ban flamers surely posters using this sort of language against other posters should be banned as well???

Neal
December 15th, 2011, 15:57
Guess you are not reading the posts very well Sooty and even if you think you were, you might be better of being more concerned about the consequences of using multiple handles rather than someone getting called a moron.

December 15th, 2011, 17:22
In certain cases (not necessarily BrisbaneGuy, I hasten to add) - the identification of a specific poster as a "moron" could be legitimately considered more of a public service than an insult

newyorkgeorge
December 15th, 2011, 18:24
As per a private PM to Daboss, I said I would abide by his rules and whould abide by them. I in no way agreed with the situation.

I have over the years had many a fall out with KQuill he is no angel and either am I. But that is not to say I would change my opinion on what has been done to him in the past. I also do not agree that things should be forgotten.

Daboss I shall still abide by your rules, however I did think that you of all people were no for swaying.

As the board has now changed, with New rules, I will no longer post on the board.

I will no longer post on the board.Well, that's a relief!

Brad the Impala
December 15th, 2011, 19:28

And you registered today especially to make this contribution?

newyorkgeorge
December 16th, 2011, 19:02

And you registered today especially to make this contribution?
Yes

Smiles
December 17th, 2011, 09:05
Just hoping Mr Lumsden will finally buy a complete new line of shirts to wear on the grounds of Gay Heaven. If not, I hope the boys around the pool have very serious sunglasses indeed.

I would thing his general attire 'on-the-move' is ~ in theory ~ what could easily be classed as a 'drawback' in the New Gay World. Hints of Blackpool in the '60's-70's ain't what's needed. Anywhere.

December 17th, 2011, 15:10
Thanks to Smiles, SGF has now degenerated (or risen, some might say) to criticism of the sartorial elegance of the local "bien connu"?

Ought SGF to be renamed "Vogue" or maybe "Shortz & Sox"??

Khor tose
December 21st, 2011, 12:07
There comes a time in everyone's life where they have to stop and reflect what is happening. This was the dilemma since I took over SGF.
In the past I was a very vocal person regarding certain goings on by certain people within Boyztown, everyone knows that.
Since I took over SGF I had to look at things from a different perspective. I was no longer an anonymous poster that could not be reached but a board owner living in Thailand and responsible to answer under the LAWS of the country where I reside. SGF was no longer located in Florida, USA but here in Thailand.

What I feel "personally" no longer matters but what matters is that nothing is/was ever proven as to the responsible people and it doesn't matter who, what and why that it never came to be but that it just did not. To continue to allow any postings regarding possible past events now violated the laws of Thailand, plain and simple and could result in a multi-million baht lawsuit and then damages depending on which way a court would rule.

Some people have alleged that we bowed to pressure and advertising dollar but the truth is that all the ads on this forum for a 3 month period are absolutely FREE, so that claim does not hold water.

No one has gotten into bed, so to speak with anyone although some may think that. The parties involved sat and looked at consequences, reality and the constant rehashing and hashing again of past events that would never or could never be proven to all come together that could absolutely point a finger and something be done about it. The parties involved are much older and the thought of extended legal repercussions is just exhausting.
Rather than fighting and throwing out wild accusations it is my desire to pull the community together, no matter my position in the past.

Everyone who had a very active voice in postings was contacted and all were explained the situation. All of us finally agreed that while nothing will ever be forgotten, it was time that we moved on. Even Kquill mentioned in several of his posts that he did not want to keep rehashing the past but unfortunately was the only one that disagreed with our decision to move on. While I can understand the bitterness he feels as to events that took place, as they are near and dear to his heart it is unfortunate that he wants to take us changing course, personally. It is not meant that way but SGF cannot continue holding his torch. We can't achieve anything ony destroy.

While I own SGF we just are not going to try and go back in time. We all live in this community and we need to pull it together and not try and pull it apart, It is easy for those that want it to continue the fight as they are not in Thailand and therefore does have to answer to the libel laws here.
I wished Kevin well and I hope that one day rather than talking the talk of letting it close, he actually DOES IT.

I'll be forwarding this to everyone too. you really take the biscuit for being the biggest two faced arsehole in Pattaya!

I've been thinking about this message for awhile now and I have to say I reluctantly agree with your position on this issue. You are known, and you are subject to the ridiculous libel laws of this country, and you would be stupid to allow this issue to continue to be discussed on this board. While I do and will continue to support Kevin, I cannot see why he or Marigar cannot see this from your point of view. I repeat, you are correct to make this decision. However, while you did say that what has happened will not be forgotten, you went on to say "We all live in this community and we need to pull it together." That statement and not your decision is what is giving me a problem. I do hope this does not mean that since nothing was proven in court we should give anyone the benefit of a doubt. Innocent until proven guilty is not applicable to this country in any sense of the word. Furthermore, you do say we do not have to forgive and forget. To mean that means that I can tell people certain places and establishments that I would not patronize without giving a reason either in a post or in a PM. Is that correct? I would like to add one more thing. Both Kevin and Marigar have been a positive addition to this board. I do hope that given time they decide that you are making the correct decision and I do hope that they both know they will always be welcome to post here again. I am saddened to see this board lose two of its better posters and I do hope that in time they will reconsider as, I repeat, I believe you are making the only decision you can make given the circumstances.

newyorkgeorge
December 24th, 2011, 03:07

I've been thinking about this message for awhile now and I have to say I reluctantly agree with your position on this issue. You are known, and you are subject to the ridiculous libel laws of this country, and you would be stupid to allow this issue to continue to be discussed on this board. While I do and will continue to support Kevin, I cannot see why he or Marigar cannot see this from your point of view. I repeat, you are correct to make this decision. However, while you did say that what has happened will not be forgotten, you went on to say "We all live in this community and we need to pull it together." That statement and not your decision is what is giving me a problem. I do hope this does not mean that since nothing was proven in court we should give anyone the benefit of a doubt. Innocent until proven guilty is not applicable to this country in any sense of the word. Furthermore, you do say we do not have to forgive and forget. To mean that means that I can tell people certain places and establishments that I would not patronize without giving a reason either in a post or in a PM. Is that correct? I would like to add one more thing. Both Kevin and Marigar have been a positive addition to this board. I do hope that given time they decide that you are making the correct decision and I do hope that they both know they will always be welcome to post here again. I am saddened to see this board lose two of its better posters and I do hope that in time they will reconsider as, I repeat, I believe you are making the only decision you can make given the circumstances.

Both Kevin and Marigar have been a positive addition to this board
When? :dontknow:

December 24th, 2011, 04:31
We all live in this community and we need to pull it together

Wouldn't that be loverly?

Actually, it would if it were true but, unfortunately, it isn't...

What it is is some pie in the sky, no more sadness, no more sorrow, no more bad times, everyday coming sunshine, everyday everybody laughing myth. An idealized wish of peace, love, and tie dye power.

There is no community here; the community does not exist. We are all individuals who share a propensity to have sex with generally poor, lower class Thai "boys" and the fact that we like to suck cock does emphatically not make us a community.

It only makes us cocksuckers.

December 24th, 2011, 07:36
Speak for yourself darling - I'm straight