PDA

View Full Version : Colonial Bar replacing LaCage open friday 16 MAYBE!

lonelywombat
December 12th, 2011, 11:58
{The Wombat reports that in an e-mail he has been advised the opening might be neared Christmas - jinks}

LMTU posted to gaytingtong over the weekend . I thought it would maybe of interest as he no longer is able to post here. R&R is his posting name on GTT, heygay on GayThailand

I was taken around this New Colonial Bar yesterday by Allan & Brendan the owners then they handed me an Invitation To the opening on 16th DECEMBER Friday. From 8 p.m

It sounds as though its going to be great fun with a Piano and Customers coming up singing and playing on the stage.

Colonial Bar (ex :- La Cage Bar) Soi VC Sunee plaza be there or be square :)

TV Monitors all around for Sport, and a nice Front Balcony, to watch the eye candy passing by, deleted they have taken on the old staff from The Corner Bar deleted, and is slowly getting a whole new clientele of fans there.

Chuai-Duai
December 12th, 2011, 14:56
The thought of "TV Monitors all around for Sport" would be enough on its own to keep me away but add to that the threat of "Customers coming up singing and playing on the stage" and you've got a bar that's my idea of hell.

I won't be visiting...

Manforallseasons
December 12th, 2011, 15:48
The thought of "TV Monitors all around for Sport" would be enough on its own to keep me away but add to that the threat of "Customers coming up singing and playing on the stage" and you've got a bar that's my idea of hell.

I won't be visiting...

Not to mention another endorsement by L.M.T.U.

December 12th, 2011, 17:27
CD & MFAS, I disagree - surely you can both find it within yourselves to actually TRY the bar, before you utterly condemn it?

Would you both rather see the bar lie empty?

:dontknow:

Chuai-Duai
December 12th, 2011, 17:55
I disagree - surely you can both find it within yourselves to actually TRY the bar, before you utterly condemn it?

There's a lot of competition and a lot of bars out there so why should I visit one that promotes itself with features that I don't find remotely attractive? I'm not condemning the bar, I'm just choosing not to go there based on it's self proclaimed attractions.

December 12th, 2011, 18:24
I disagree - surely you can both find it within yourselves to actually TRY the bar, before you utterly condemn it?

There's a lot of competition and a lot of bars out there so why should I visit one that promotes itself with features that I don't find remotely attractive? I'm not condemning the bar, I'm just choosing not to go there based on it's self proclaimed attractions.

Ah, but by posting on here you're doing a little more than choosing not to go - you're publicising a view you have adopted without even visiting the place, and presumably you post to communicate your view to others rather than just to see your thoughts in print?

For example, what if all the "sports monitors" are on mute - so that people can watch without disturbing others?
I know I wouldn't want to sit in a bar with TVs blaring, but if it was "vision only" it might be different.

Why have a closed mind?
Why not stick your head in the door when it opens?
All it might cost you is 100B for a beer and it may be different from what you expect.

:dontknow: :dontknow:

Brad the Impala
December 12th, 2011, 20:04
deleted they have taken on the old staff from The Corner Bar deleted and is slowly getting a whole new clientele of fans there.

There is a reason that LMTU is banned here, exemplified by this post blackening the name of all the old staff of the Corner Bar, and as they now apparently work at the Colonial Bar, deleted

Dani69
December 12th, 2011, 22:14
deleted they have taken on the old staff from The Corner Bar deleted and is slowly getting a whole new clientele of fans there.

There is a reason that LMTU is banned here, exemplified by this post blackening the name of all the old staff of the Corner Bar, and as they now apparently work at the Colonial Bar, deleted

Hear hear well deleted .

December 12th, 2011, 22:22
and being as lmtu is banned from here i would have thought that one of the boards older and wiser members would have the nouse not to copy and paste his shite from another site onto here ..
wombat by doing that you are the one who is spreading those rumours here ...
deary me .. wake up man :violent1:

Manforallseasons
December 12th, 2011, 23:27
And a rumor is exactly what it is, as the bar is slated to open early January. :occasion9:

Marsilius
December 12th, 2011, 23:40
Walked past it tonight and there is a nice new green sign overhanging the soi, but no sign of activity other than that.

lonelywombat
December 13th, 2011, 04:05
and being as lmtu is banned from here i would have thought that one of the boards older and wiser members would have the nouse not to copy and paste his shite from another site onto here ..

It is a case of being damned if you do and damned if you dont. I thought the news of a big new Irish Pub type bar was of interest I made sure that I gave credit and did not edit in any way.

I was aware of the new tight moderation and left it for others to do what they wished.

The interesting thing is with the change of ownership of Corner Bar and the changes /improvements made there, the opening of the upmarket [for Sunee] Sky Restaurant and Drinks and now the new Colonial, is what impact will be made on the smaller beer bars, will they survive. The thing to watch will be whether there is an impact on Boyztown bars.

Brad the Impala
December 13th, 2011, 05:50
It is a case of being damned if you do and damned if you dont

It's obviously not a good idea to post unsubstantiated allegations about other people's integrity from a banned poster, with a long standing history of.....lack of integrity!!

Brad the Impala
December 13th, 2011, 23:26
[quote=lonelywombat]
It is a case of being damned if you do and damned if you dont

It's obviously not a good idea to post unsubstantiated allegations about other people's integrity from a banned poster, with a long standing history of.....lack of integrity!!

Come on mate just because this guy seems to be a threat to you[/quote:3paw4wth]

About as much threat as a snowflake in the Sahara.

December 13th, 2011, 23:48

It is a case of being damned if you do and damned if you dont. I thought the news of a big new Irish Pub type bar was of interest I made sure that I gave credit and did not edit in any way.

I was aware of the new tight moderation and left it for others to do what they wished.

The interesting thing is with the change of ownership of Corner Bar and the changes /improvements made there, the opening of the upmarket [for Sunee] Sky Restaurant and Drinks and now the new Colonial, is what impact will be made on the smaller beer bars, will they survive. The thing to watch will be whether there is an impact on Boyztown bars.

im happy you made the post lonely as brendans a nice guy and i hope he does well ... but there was no need to add any of the other stuff he felt the need to throw on ...cheers anyhow

newalaan
December 14th, 2011, 08:13
im happy you made the post lonely as brendans a nice guy and i hope he does well ... but there was no need to add any of the other stuff maggot boy felt the need to throw on ...cheers anyhowWell that wasn't your first response....your first response was "deary me...wake up man" accusing him of spreading rumours. Lonlelywombat did not 'add' anything...he posted/copied the quote in it's entirety and credited the source. As he said damned if does, damned if he doesn't. If Lonleywombat can be accused of 'spreading rumours' by bringing it to this forum then it's no different to you have done by referring to it and giving it further mileage. Not everybody reads all the other forums and in my opinion part of the objectives of this type of forum is to bring information. He did that, he didn't write the piece, so why the bitching at Lonely? instead of bringing down others who try to post helpful info, why dont you offer some up.

But if nothing else posting the whole quote exposes LMTU/bag wan yet again, and shows that 'bag wan' is nothing more than a 'bag of shit'. Not only that he is an idiot, banned so many times everywhere, gets a chance to post here again with a new handle, and the first thing he does is just post more of the same self-promoting waffle and in this case downright nasty lies, not even rumours but lies. His unproven accusations about (former) staff from Corner Bar are completely out of order.

If I was one of the former Corner Bar employees who decided not to stay when it was taken over I would be keen to ask the question directly to LMTU in person as to why he feels justified in posting information which tarnishes all of their reputations in what is a close-knit working area where loose talk like that could blacklist any of the former Corner Bar employees, some of whom I know to be perfectly honest and hard working. But just because they are not his favoured man-boy types they are made an easy target by a repulsive bully. He, if anybody, should realise it's a dangerous game to play in a foreign country you are merely a tolerated guest. One of these days his big fat mouth will get him into trouble with the wrong type of local.

If he would just stick the facts without embelishment, self-promotion and waffle......any posts which are accurate and informative are of benefit no matter the source. I always liked La Cage, nice place to have an early evening relaxing drink, I'll be happy to give it a try under the new ownership, the only thing likely to put me off is the presence of some fat mouth, ego tripping 'nasty piece of work'...so if LMTU is not there when i visit it should be fine.

December 14th, 2011, 23:26
i take it you are big on irony newalaan??
as you said others dont read all the boards .. and as such wombat bought the other shit onto here ..
or are you so dumb you cant see it .. there was no need to post all of that .. or do you think it was just nice of him to repeat lmtu's post ?? slander an all ??
lets give lmtu the credit then rather than wombat .. and you will need to delete 3/4's of your post as you cant give credit then smash someone .. or is that ok ??
once wombat has woken up maybe he can give you a dig in the ribs!!!
i think you have qualified for the *hickly pickly dickly post of the year* .. congratulations ... ill have a word with daboss and see if i can get him to award you a prize!!

witchhunt
December 16th, 2011, 07:56
I was told at dinner it could be weeks not days and the licence is a problem.

lonelywombat
December 21st, 2011, 14:37
I received an email indicating that after Xmas was most likely. A pity as the high season would be an excellent way to kick off a new bar.

Rumours that the green chairs opposite the Corner bar, was quietly sold without any nasty attempt to force the price down with negative remarks.

Manforallseasons
December 21st, 2011, 20:47
The bar will open Jan.15 so i've been told.

jolyjacktar
December 22nd, 2011, 21:47
Hehehehehehe i take it this LMTU isnt liked a lot around here then. All i want to say is hope the new owners have good trade when they open and i will pop along to see the place next time im out in Thailand.