PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam

a447
December 11th, 2011, 07:43
I'm off to Hoian, Danang and Hue for part of the holidays (the rest wilol be in LOS) and was wondering if anyone has been there. If so, can I expect any gay life? I didn't find anything in Saigon back in October, but seeing as Hoian is a major tourist spot.......
Am I living in hope?
I tried looking on Gayromeo while in Saigon but the guys were very expensive so I'm not keen on that option.
Any info would be welcome.
Thanks.

December 11th, 2011, 08:51
I tried looking on Gayromeo while in Saigon but the guys were very expensive so I'm not keen on that option.More expesive than Switzerland that was also too expensive for you?

Beachlover
December 11th, 2011, 11:05
Ah... you got me jealous. I had to cancel a trip, which included Hoi An and Danang earlier this year and haven't gotten around to fitting it in again.

It's a major tourist spot but in my brief research, I found NOTHING in terms of gay nightlife or hangouts there. Maybe someone else will.

So far, the only gay nightlife I've seen in Vietnam is in Hanoi and Saigon, the two major cities.

Does anyone know of anything in other cities like Hoi An, Danang and Trang? I'm looking for normal non-commercial gay life. I believe the OP is looking for commercial gay life so either is helpful.

lonelywombat
December 11th, 2011, 12:31
If you go to utopia website there is a recent report of a disco

"Had a fun day in Danang yesterday...small roadside caf├й - Den Long 19, 21 Quang Trung - lots of eye contact. Then blind massage in the city...many to choose from at D$80,000+ (better to give tip direct to masseur)...then BC Supermarket shopping mall...wanted to take some of the staff from the clothes shops home (quite possible I think!)...then the beach at T20 Beach Danang...I didn't want to leave - hot bodies everywhere! Many connections...great day!" -- deano, Jul 9, 2011

also restaurant Son Hoi an, and shops as a starter in Hoi An

http://www.utopia-asia.com/tipsviet.htm

there is another reference for the same restaurant

http://www.cambodiaout.com/vietnam/viet ... gay-guide/ (http://www.cambodiaout.com/vietnam/vietnam-provinces-gay-guide/)

Certainly you have a place to start

ceejay
December 11th, 2011, 13:58
Once you have been, post a trip report will you please, A447? I am going to be in Hue and Hoi An in May. I'll be interested to hear how you get on.

I'm going to Yasothon for the Rocket Festival (which fixes the date) and then intend to cross into Laos via the Friendship Bridge 2 in Mukdahan. Cross Laos from Savannakhet to Dansavan and on to Hue, then Hoi An (including a side trip to My Son from there). Then work my way down through the Central Highlands - Kontum, Buen Ma Thot, Lak and Dalat then returning to Bangkok via Saigon. I'm working my way through the bookings now.

I know May's a bit off season, but it fits in with my other plans. I've made a number of trips to Thailand in the rainy season now and personally I think people worry about it too much. Mostly, any rain is concentrated into downpours lasting a few hours a day and anyway the worst thing that can happen to you if it rains is that you get wet.

a447
December 11th, 2011, 15:26
Brisbaneguy wrote:More expesive than Switzerland that was also too expensive for you?

I didn't go there for sex, so I wouldn't know. But I imagine the guys there would be way out of reach - just judging by a meal at Burger King!

Ceejay - will do. But i don't think you can expect too much :(

Beachlover
December 11th, 2011, 16:53
If you go to utopia website there is a recent report of a disco
Nothing in Danang or Hoi An but sounds like there's something in Trang...

Nha Trang

Sailing Club (mixed)
There is no 100% gay club in Nha Trang yet. Most bars and pubs are along the intersection between Tran Phu St (seaside main road) and Tran Quang Khai, and Nguyen Thien Thuat. You can get cheap drink with flyers and during happy hours. After 11pm, people hang out at Sailing Club. This is the only club on the seaside open till 2am. It is straight club, but, as usual, you will detect a gay corner.

From http://www.utopia-asia.com/tipsviet.htm

pong
December 13th, 2011, 11:05
had a VN guy doing massage (+more) in a KUL/MY massageshop, he was on a 30-day tourist visa. He came from HCMC/Saigon, spoke excellent english and was there with 2 or 3 more friends. he told me that no, HCMC would not have any shops like that-though utopia and some other sites definitely mention a few.
As for the amount asekd; do you, experienced Asiagoers, STILL have to learn that the asking price is not the going? You bargain! And many VNese seem to think/confuse the VNdong with the US$. But indeed VN amond lowbudget travellers has a very nasty reputation for stubborn greed, unwilling to bend on prices and even throw people out of HTLs when someone else turns up who promises to pay more. So much to some, that they skip short their stay. And, my only visit there was an awful long time ago, i can quite well agree with this from the exper. with samlo/cyclo drivers etc then-always trying to bend the agreement when riding.

JamesII
December 14th, 2011, 23:47
I will spend most of Feb in Saigon-Ho Chi Minh..I am from California and we have lots of Viet people here.
But they are not out and friendly. I have been to Saigon lots on business and find some guys there like older
white guys but mostly its commericial. They have woke up and now want money..big time.
Love to know some nice guys for maybe a good time and coffee chats.
Anyway please let me hear from you guys.
A nice clean reasonable hotel..with a window..and a good Western restaurant..

JamesII
December 14th, 2011, 23:49
is gayromeo the only site or best site to meet Viet guys?

Beachlover
December 15th, 2011, 22:35
I am from California and we have lots of Viet people here.
But they are not out and friendly. I have been to Saigon lots on business and find some guys there like older
white guys but mostly its commericial.
Lots and lots of gay Vietnamese guys here in Melbourne/Sydney and they're super-friendly and great fun.

JamesII
December 15th, 2011, 22:53
maybe here in California they are afraid they will get deported or reported to Mama..sorry its sad..
they keep within their own community..the US is not that friendly to
Asians and Mexicans now days..

pong
December 16th, 2011, 09:05
is gayromeo the only site or best site to meet Viet guys?
do not know-but simply try it out and see what the others, like gaydar, fridae (very pop among Chinese), manjam etc have to offer. It is daft easy to see how many users in some country.

goji
December 23rd, 2011, 08:42
I found nothing in Danang, Hue or Hoi An.
In Hue, the Tuk Tuk drivers seem to offer the services of a "lady" at every street corner, so with hindsight I should have replied to the cuter ones, "no thanks, do you know where I can find a guy?".

Beachlover
December 28th, 2011, 07:42
maybe here in California they are afraid they will get deported or reported to Mama..sorry its sad..
they keep within their own community..the US is not that friendly to
Asians and Mexicans now days..
Yeah, I've found a significant portion of Vietnamese, usually the poorer and less able ones, do tend to keep to their own community. Think it's a combination of being shy about their language abilities and feeling more comfortable with their own kind.

One thing I've noticed is once you get to know one of them, you get to know all of them! Interesting bunch and fun to hang around with. They're quite community/social oriented.

camperboy
December 29th, 2011, 07:52
Was there last month...and i regretted it :P

martin911
December 29th, 2011, 08:42
I'm off to Hoian, Danang and Hue for part of the holidays (the rest wilol be in LOS) and was wondering if anyone has been there. If so, can I expect any gay life? I didn't find anything in Saigon back in October, but seeing as Hoian is a major tourist spot.......
Am I living in hope?
I tried looking on Gayromeo while in Saigon but the guys were very expensive so I'm not keen on that option.
Any info would be welcome.
Thanks.

I took a train trip into Hoi An 3 odd years ago --an experience i will never forget !! --both the smells and the sights !!
I saw no gay life of any description (bars,massages etc ) but i did meet up with a lovely guy via Gr
Viet guys are hot !!

A friend is just back from a short vacation wth his Bf from Ho Chi Min
He found Gr the best place to meet -and his contact from first nite showed him the gay city -good gay club called Mixx i think !!

Pm me if your trip has not taken place yet and if you want any more specific info and il get more details from my friend for you !!

nanette
December 29th, 2011, 12:00
Viet guys are hot & you can easily find willing partners on gayromeo for free :happy7: . However some are frank about being moneyboys & ask for 500,000 Vietnamese Dong(approx. USD25-30).

a447
December 29th, 2011, 12:26
Thanks for the offer, Martin, but I will be giving Saigon a miss this time. Just passing thru in transit.
Looks like gayromeo is the only option. I exchanged messages on GR when in Saigon in October but the guys seemed very aggressive and pushy. Will give it another try.

JamesII
December 30th, 2011, 06:17
Thanks I know its not Singapore but then who can afford Singapore...the people in Sg are not my cup of tea..
sorry.
Will go to Saigon come February..got some info about sauna and coffee houses...seems like the Viet people
in HCM City love the coffee houses..so will try some.
Thanks so much for all your information. Will check out some of the hot places in the back packers area
even tho I am not one of them..my trip is business..work there for an American company..

JamesII
December 30th, 2011, 20:26
anyone there in Saigon to msg me about the gay life?
Coffee houses etc..sauna and just clean honest people..
would like to meet up with some very special guys

pageme8@hotmail.com

January 3rd, 2012, 23:48
James II - not a bad contribution for somebody who died in battle in 1460.

Or, if you prefer the English incarnation, in 1701 - after being exiled not just once but twice.

Education is FREE at SGT ! It even rhymes!!

:occasion9:

pong
January 4th, 2012, 17:16
for listings try: utopia-asia.com
for meets: gayromeo, or planetromeo= samesame
While I stayed at KUL a month or so ago, I got the impression that most hotties from Saigon were trying to catch more money with owkring on their ASEAN 30-day stay in Malaysia. One of them told me there were no such venues in Saigon, which I found very hard to believe

vnman
April 22nd, 2012, 00:05
The easiest place to find boys in vn is without a shadow of a doubt vietfun.com just click on the picture under the text "Vietfun Video." from there you want to find a profile from a gay. Click on the the word GAY. That gives you only gay profiles. You narrow your search down to any age you like. Just click on the number you're interested in.

They also have a chat box which is also booming. However, most people don't speak English in those chat rooms.

if you need some help, info or someone to party with, just send me a private msg. I live in HCMC and I definitely know my way around the (small) gay scene.