PDA

View Full Version : Flaming

Neal
December 9th, 2011, 07:19
I would appreciate it if everyone would take a moment and reread section 3 of the Posting Rules and Guidelines.

(3) FLAMING & FLAME WARS

'Flaming' is generally defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members.
This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger, or to go off-topic and attack the person rather than their opinion.

When the discussion becomes heated and sides do nothing more than complain and not accept each other's differences in point of view, the discussion degenerates into what is called a flame war.

Sooty
December 9th, 2011, 08:44
This is what most of us mean by flaming - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWgY9UK-qJQ

Beachlover
December 9th, 2011, 12:04
When the discussion becomes heated and sides do nothing more than complain and not accept each other's differences in point of view, the discussion degenerates into what is called a flame war.
The people I respect most on this site are those who are able to accept another person's point of view on something is different from their own and move on and around it. That doesn't mean you don't discuss and debate the point of difference. You just don't let it get in the way of discussing or exchanging info on other things.

You can disagree on one point but still be objective and agree on other things.

Smiles
December 10th, 2011, 10:08
" ... The people I respect most on this site are those who are able to accept another person's point of view on something is different from their own and move on and around it. That doesn't mean you don't discuss and debate the point of difference. You just don't let it get in the way of discussing or exchanging info on other things.
You can disagree on one point but still be objective and agree on other things.
Ahhhh ... always enjoy Beachy's idea of 'objective discussion' (below): straight from the horse's ass ... sorry, I meant 'mouth' . . .

" ... WTF! Coming from the humourless FUCKSTICK who harps on ... Get FUCKED! You're a fucking pathetic loser. Your entire FUCKING posting history . . You must be one of the greatest low life maggots . . . like a FUCKING great arsehole . . . a constant fucking stain on face of this forum!
. . . you FUCKING miserable tosser? Do you actually sit on this forum for the entire fucking day . . . [you] fucking miserable, bitter, hypocritical bullshit . . . Personally, I don't give a toss who or what the fuck you are. You're a complete FUCKING dickhead . . . YOU ... do almost sweet FUCK all but post one attack after another . . . Go fuck yourself! ... "
A favourite quote from the past. Especially relevant when the objective discussion turns to early onset dementia.

Beachlover
December 10th, 2011, 10:43
Smiles... the post you quoted isn't what I would call "objective discussion". More just a bit of fun and something, which I wouldn't do in the current environment (I adapt).

I could find plenty of flame/insult/attack posts from yourself... DIFFERENT choice and style of words perhaps, but SAME meaning. But I can't be arsed and don't wish to be an arsehole.

December 10th, 2011, 15:13
Smiles... the post you quoted isn't what I would call "objective discussion". More just a bit of fun and something, which I wouldn't do in the current environment (I adapt).

But I can't be arsed and don't wish to be an arsehole.

***** must try harder *****
:evil4:

Dick
December 11th, 2011, 03:49
That is amazing if what smiles has found, this B.L guy writes, what a hypocrite he must be and after having a great big lump of egg on his face, he is still pretending it did not happen and making up excuses for smiles saying flaming attacks, what a joke. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, how is he allowed to continue here is beyond me.

Welcome to the Board... Sweet Mouth!

Beachlover
December 11th, 2011, 11:22
he is still pretending it did not happen
3. Not true at all... I acknowledged making those posts above.

In fact the "greatest hits" compilation Smiles thoughtfully dug up came from this thread, started by Smiles, which even the current owner participated in liberally at the time. Read it for a laugh. :happy7:

beachlover-outed-not-himself-t21210.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/beachlover-outed-not-himself-t21210.html)

Neal
December 11th, 2011, 18:01
I would appreciate it if everyone would take a moment and reread section 3 of the Posting Rules and Guidelines.

(3) FLAMING & FLAME WARS

'Flaming' is generally defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members.
This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger, or to go off-topic and attack the person rather than their opinion.

When the discussion becomes heated and sides do nothing more than complain and not accept each other's differences in point of view, the discussion degenerates into what is called a flame war
regardless of the EXCUSE! He started it first! He called me a cocky poo poo! It started 10 days ago! Why you editing it now? But I think this guy is LMTU and he has nothing important to say!

December 11th, 2011, 18:16
"He called me cocky poo poo!"

Ha ha congratulations Neal, the above statement literally made me lol here on this cold damp Sunday morning here in the UK :-) ha ha cocky poo poo........classic !!! :-)

Rush, Yet Again
December 12th, 2011, 03:25
Ah, but nice to see SmilesтАЩ fishing pole still works . . .

December 13th, 2011, 08:29
Does this mean Huge Jackman is banned from the Board http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entert ... 6220457878 (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/new-york-times-theatre-critic-ben-brantley-says-hugh-jackman-comports-himself-on-stage-like-a-flaming-queen/story-e6frewyr-1226220457878)