PDA

View Full Version : Toms, katoeys and ladyboys as waiters in go go's. Why?

witchhunt
December 8th, 2011, 07:18
Several friends have sworn to never return to MicMys after clashes with the Ladyboys and Toms who are waiters and part mamasan. It has been a problem for many years but this time MicMy seems to have got out of hand.

Several weeks ago with the persistent waiter[ess] interupting all the time --you take boy- drink me- tip me ,I had to get quite rude. I got angrier when the boy I was about to invite off stage , she went to him pulled the front of his shorts down and fondled his erection. That had the opposite effect on me. I left. Have told this many times since and it is a common complaint about the poorly managed bars.

I have a friend who gets wound up over the Toms that ran a certain bar that had a chequered history, located between Corner bar and Krazy Dragon. They were rude to clients and boys, thought they were important and maybe the owner was sleeping wih one or all. But who needs boys who want to be girls, or men hating lesbians, in charge of go go bars. After all you dont get girls handing out towels in saunas.

December 8th, 2011, 07:49
Hi,

My recollection of the bar you refer to, and I am sure I have the right one, it used to be on the roadside and open very late into the night, it was run by lesbians and it had a Karaoke affair upstairs.

I used to drink there but seldom bothered taking off after about four failures in that bar.

I used to find a lot of the guys there downright lazy and they would prefer to scam drinks and tips in preference to going off. When they did go, the common excuse of them all was ' I don't do that, I man, I man! ' and this was a ploy used by nearly all of them. They were largely rubbish and not worth 100 baht let alone 1000 baht. I remember the days of Adam and Eve bar and if they didn't do the lot, they would be fired!!

The lesbians were connected to the female owner who was seldom there and had other businesses in Pattaya. I can only imagine the pulling down of shorts etc is no more than a power play to show dominance over the boys working there. It didn't used to be like that when it was a host/Karaoke bar.

However, I agree they shouldn't be running the bar if that's what they are up to. That is in sharp contrast to your comment on ladyboys working as waiters. It's a usual and common occurrence for them after they are past their ' sell by date ' to work as waiters, they are gay males after all. It's no different to the males moving on to be taxi motorbike drivers. They need employment and options are limited due to their lack of education.

You may find if you are direct with them, in the future they will leave you alone. You have to be as stubborn and strong as they are. Again, I agree with you if it were ladyboys pulling down the shorts, it's probably someone they fancy and an excuse to have a free grope!! That doesn't excuse their bad manners, but as I have said before about them, they are polite but they have no manners!!

Brisboy82
December 8th, 2011, 11:31
I wanted to slap that lesbian in the face last night. She acts so miserable and keep demanding drinks and demands
A tip (for what??). And then she gets angry with me as if the fact that I don't take a boy is a personal attack on her. So mug pressure. Why you not take boy? You need to take boy now!

Fucking hell!!

So funny you should
Mention it :)

December 8th, 2011, 11:37
I have the perfect answer for you all!
Come visit happy Place where we serve good drinks, good music, hot strong boys, and the waiters and staff will not ask for a tip or a drink! Happy Place..... a different kind of bar.
:party

Brisboy82
December 8th, 2011, 11:41
I have the perfect answer for you all!
Come visit happy Place where we serve good drinks, good music, hot strong boys, and the waiters and staff will not ask for a tip or a drink! Happy Place..... a different kind of bar.
:party

Yes that's what I like about happy place.

The nagging staff at mic my make me not want to even walk past there as I get harassed if they spot me. Not very smart business tactics. Walking around sunee is enough of a hassle at the best of times but mic my takes it even further.

December 8th, 2011, 16:50
I have had poor experiences in this gogo as well. The boys are sweet but the mamasan is a greedy gay Thai. He/she/it always sits with me and after a few minutes requests a drink. The last time I went she left her drink at my table went to another table which just walked in and got a drink from them, then after several minutes came back to retreive the drink I got her. The same problem the previous year when this mamasan was 2nd in command and a pretty ladyboy was mamasan, she was exactly the same. I prefer the gogo right next door, the boys look the same, the mama/waiter do not speak english or sit with you more then a minute or 2, and never request drinks

As for Lesbians being mentioned, I've not been there in 2 months but have never seen any Lesbos working that bar.

December 8th, 2011, 22:04
I've never found the waiters a problem as I always get nabbed by the short 30/40yo Thai guy in Mic My who says he's the owner - is he or isn't he?

:dontknow: :dontknow:

Incidentally - he's very friendly and always says hello (just in case anybody is wondering) :sign5:

Manforallseasons
December 8th, 2011, 23:08
Those that have said they had negative experiences here seem to be intimidated by the owners, severs , and mamasans, why? It's your dime and your time, say no, go away or if need be fuck off! Havinging said that as a customer if the bar is busy and you linger over one drink forever your not much better, if you take a guy from the stage you're obliged to buy him a drink, if he turns out to be not what you expected give him 100 Bht tip for his time, as you prevented others from possibly being with him.

witchhunt
December 9th, 2011, 06:13
I've never found the waiters a problem as I always get nabbed by the short 30/40yo Thai guy in Mic My who says he's the owner - is he or isn't he?

Incidentally - he's very friendly and always says hello (just in case anybody is wondering) :sign5:

a kind of nodding acquaintance

:sign5:

newalaan
December 9th, 2011, 08:27
Several friends have sworn to never return to MicMys after clashes with the Ladyboys and Toms who are waiters and part mamasanI would agree that the non-dancing staff there can be a pain in the arse somtimes, by the time you say 'hello' to the boss, mamasans, M the tip and drink beggar, waiters known from previous bars there is hardly time to enjoy the 'dancers' especially since they all ask exactly the same question and already know a member of management/waiting staff has already sat with you and asked all there is to ask.

A good deal of it is just them 'doing their jobs' but there are too many of them hanging around. Personally I have known some of them long enough to just shew them away and tell them I just want to enjoy the atmosphere and the dancers on my own (with a smile of course). The other thing i will say if they are persistant is 'how can I have a boy come sit with me if you are sitting where he should be...bye!. But i would never, not go back, just because of that. It's still a fun place though the agogo bar next door is better.

December 9th, 2011, 08:59
Hi,

I think some of the problem actually is that some members are just too polite or embarrassed to tell the nuisances to go and do one!!

It's not in everyone's nature although if you cave in to all these requests for drinks, help etc you will soon be back in your home country skint without even having enjoyed yourself, whilst they have moved on to the next target,.

or get a mobile with my number and give me a call, I'll tell them to fuck off in their own langauge!.............. :laughing3: :laughing3:.....even whilst I am sat in Cambodia!!

gra46
December 9th, 2011, 09:02
Those that have said they had negative experiences here seem to be intimidated by the owners, severs , and mamasans, why? It's your dime and your time, say no, go away or if need be fuck off! Havinging said that as a customer if the bar is busy and you linger over one drink forever your not much better, if you take a guy from the stage you're obliged to buy him a drink, if he turns out to be not what you expected give him 100 Bht tip for his time, as you prevented others from possibly being with him.

I tottaly agree , many times i have said im here for the boys go away ,but after a while they return ,'you want boy ,you want drink ,drink for me ,tip"
so i just say what part of fuck off you dont understand ,it a boy i want ,so a drink ,a tip for him not sheeeee.

francois
December 9th, 2011, 09:14
A good deal of it is just them 'doing their jobs' but there are too many of them hanging around. Personally I have known some of them long enough to just shew them away and tell them I just want to enjoy the atmosphere and the dancers on my own (with a smile of course). The other thing i will say if they are persistant is 'how can I have a boy come sit with me if you are sitting where he should be...bye!. .

I agree with most of the posts about MicMy. After many years I even enjoy EM/M and have no problem with a tip or drink, but that Tom/Lesbian is a different situation. But I have learned to ignore her or accept her without a tip. Just doing their jobs same same as Alaan.

Brisboy82
December 9th, 2011, 10:51

He is the reason I do go back. Even after an absence of a year
Or two he still recognizes me and greets me like a friend.

I don't know if he is the owner or not. The ladyboy says he is just a mamasan same as them but I don't know who to believe.

He seems to be a good guy it's just a shame about the lesbian/Tom

December 9th, 2011, 17:47
I've never found the waiters a problem as I always get nabbed by the short 30/40yo Thai guy in Mic My who says he's the owner....

Yes Brisboy82 it's good to see the "owner" acknowledging his customers and I'm happy that his effort in doing so has been the determining factor in your continued visits to his bar.

I wish more people thought like us - it would make for better experiences in some bars.

:occasion9:

gra46
December 9th, 2011, 18:09
[quote="scottish-guy":vmisfzqp]I've never found the waiters a problem as I always get nabbed by the short 30/40yo Thai guy in Mic My who says he's the owner....

Yes Brisboy82 it's good to see the "owner" acknowledging his customers and I'm happy that his effort in doing so has been the determining factor in your continued visits to his bar.

I wish more people thought like us - it would make for better experiences in some bars.

:occasion9:[/quote:vmisfzqp]
Yes for sure he loves your money too

December 9th, 2011, 18:57
Gra46, believe me - I'm under no illusion as to the motivation of almost every boy, waiter, mamasan, captain, or bar owner.

Having said that, it's my view that in the vast majority of cases they don't fulfil their roles as a hobby (some owners excluded!) - it's work!

Further, I'll hazard a guess that for most people on SGT the motivation to work is/was to earn money (certain silver-spoon members with rich mummy and daddy excluded!), so I can't be too harsh on the motives of all boys, waiters, mamasans, captains, - even one or two bar owners!!

Brisboy82
December 10th, 2011, 13:19
Gra46, believe me - I'm under no illusion as to the motivation of almost every boy, waiter, mamasan, captain, or bar owner.

Having said that, it's my view that in the vast majority of cases they don't fulfil their roles as a hobby (some owners excluded!) - it's work!

Further, I'll hazard a guess that for most people on SGT the motivation to work is/was to earn money (certain silver-spoon members with rich mummy and daddy excluded!), so I can't be too harsh on the motives of all boys, waiters, mamasans, captains, - even one or two bar owners!!

I am also user no illusion but he is obviously a smart businessmen to treat his customers like this as oppose to some other mamasans who drive customers away.

That lesbian/Tom one took her harassment to a new level last night. She grabbed my arm and started pushing me to go into the bar I dragged her about 200m before
She let go.

colmx
December 11th, 2011, 20:12
As far as i know Noi is the owner of MicMy - he drops in every now and then but is very hands off... tink he may have other business interests about

Em is the manager - and is the one that signs off on discounted whiskey, buy one get one free offs etc
He's been an owner/anager of bars in Sunnee for 12 years now... so has a loyal customer base that he manages to retain for repeat custom (or course he has his detractors too that won't go near the place because of him!)

I first came accross Em in NokNok back in 2001 - a lot of teh Island Caprice boys were working there at the time :love4: :love4:

The Tom is a right Pain in the ass... but the boys like her as she is really good at getting customers for the boys... I was listening to her talk to a customer one night and she was able to spiel off what each of the boys would and wouldn't do

Of course she is probably on a retainer/backhander from those that she recommends... but she does seem more knowledgeable than most mamasans with their "can do everything" lies!

newalaan
December 12th, 2011, 08:17
He is the reason I do go back. Even after an absence of a yearOr two he still recognizes me and greets me like a friend.I don't know if he is the owner or not.If it is Em/M being discussed here, he is only one of the mamasans/managers, like Colmx I have also known him since the days of Nok Nok, virtually the only bar I used to visit in Sunee when i first started coming to Thailand in 2000. He was welcoming and helpful at first. But then he became greedy and over familiar. His over-the-top wai-ing and exaggerated 'welcome' becomes tired after a while, he 'recognizes' and 'greets' everybody like a friend as it softens you up for giving him a drink. Despite others claiming this uriah-heepesque 'acknowledgement' makes for a better experience, it does nothing for me in terms of enjoying the bar. I find him a distraction. Like the OP i find many of the katoey and ladyboy waiters redundant. There is sometimes just too much of them. One or two i have known from other bars are efficient waiters and good for a chat, but some are just irritating.

Em's professional mooching went a step too far with me once (at another bar) when, after the peacock display of welcome, he made a remark that he 'didn't have a drink', i ignored it as i was sitting with someone already, next thing he was back offering a 'cheers' but whilst doing this i noticed an amazing 'slight of hand' and a third bill floated into my check-bin, i took it out looked at it (it was for a glass of wine he was drinking) looked at him and he nipped it out of my hand before i could say a word and wafted over to another table with 2 or 3 farangs, offered them a cheers and slipped the bill into their bin cup. Sorry, but that is 'taking the piss'. Had he waited he might well have been offered a drink, but it's the one thing i detest in the bars....begging for a drink, that and 'tip for me'.

One other time he pissed me off was when the bar I had just arrived in suddenly started to get busy, at the other end of the bar he decided to set up an impromtu chuck-wow contest, that in itself is something I know some like, but i personally hate in a bar, so he made a quick collection, the boys (only 3 or 4 participating) 'got going', normally i would have been out of there but i had just sat down with a drink and i didn't like to just shew away the guy i had invited to sit with me. So while the 'show' was going on at the other end of the bar he kind of slinked up to my end of the bar, the collection of a few hundred baht went straight into his pocket. A few minutes later when it was 'all over' he made a big fuss of presenting the winning guy with his money, 300 baht. The rest stayed in his pocket, i saw him sneakily counting it out, he probably thought i was too busy with my waiter to notice. I wasn't impressed. I know mamasans have to eat but I dont like nicking money intended for the boys, if his cut had been maybe 100 baht ok, commission for setting up the 'show' but he landed up with a few hundred, i could see how many were donating. Since then he kinda gives me the creeps, the Tom however never bothers me, i have known her from when micmy was a karaoke and got her to come round to my way of thinking back then.

Despite this long moan about certain staff there, as i say i wouldn't stop going there as it does have a great atmosphere and can be good fun.