PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland for gays !!!

martin911
December 7th, 2011, 05:41
That would have been the word i would use for what i attended monday night at Pattaya s third road

I believe it sounds like " Moor Lamm " in local lingo!!

This is an Issan style concert i was told --as i had never attended one before i was very happy to be guided to it by Bf (who hailing from Bkk would not know an Issan dancer if he fell out of a tree and hit him on the head !!) and his friends and one long time farang friend who has lived in Pattaya for 10 odd years now .

I went this year because i remember a particular text i recieved from said Farang last year which went something along the lines of --
"Help,am surrounded by many gay and toot boys ,and i only have one cock !! " --- that was his predictiment last year so being a friend i went along this year to see if i could alleviate it for him this year if such event took place again .

I know these concerts occour reg in Pattaya but as Monday was the Kings Birthday all bars in Pattaya were shut --so that ment that an above average number of barboys would be in attendence --- and it seemed they were --we est that of the guys in the audience 40% ++ were gay -

Diisneyland for gays --does not do it justice -- we arrived there about 10pm and left after 2am -- the amount of gay guys at the event was staggering

It was a bit like taking down a few photo albums and looking at page after page of old ahem "friends " -a trip down memory lane for sure with all the faces looking back at you from the crowd

Where we were standing must have been some form of unmarked track unknown even to google earth --there were so many of Pattayas finest passing over and back in front of us trying to make eye contact --and it was the same all over the place wherever there was a few farang waiting patiently to be hunted down lol

The toilet area was adventourous to say the least !!!!!

And it got wilder and wilder as the night went on ////and as the whiskey and beer went down --- and a drunken toot/gay boy is NOT SHY !!
And they were on the hunt for possible conquests bigtime -- i saw farang older and younger being hit upon by lots of guys and vica versa
For the last hour many were stripping off some shirts etc and dancing up on the chairs or in groups with their friends

At one stage (there was an actual stage there ,with something musical happening on it -i think i looked at 3 times briefly !! --) i turned to my farang friend and said to him -- that there is 2 to my right ,3 in front of me ,1 to my left and i that i was afraid to turn around !!! --these were all( new to me) really cute guys that i had never seen before!!! and that i really wanted to get to know better !!!

As i said i was in attendence with himself who although he was bravely fighting tiredness and intoxication (and who had to be up at 9am to back to Bkk ) and could hardly stand up with his eyes open --- there was no way in hell he was going home without me !!! so i did not get that much chances for swapping numbers -- :crybaby:

It didnt matter much to me either way -- i was damm happy to have attended an event where my friends and I alongwith many many Thais of all sexes (the 3 that is )and of all ages were enjoying so much with their families and friends !!

Colmx had told me i would either love it or Hate it --well G i LOVED it !!!! and would def recommend it to anybody who has not been to one before.

:party :party :party

colmx
December 7th, 2011, 06:13
Colmx had told me i would either love it or Hate it --well G i LOVED it !!!! and would def recommend it to anybody who has not been to one before.

:party :party :party
Nice to hear you enjoyed it!

My man-in-the-know tells me the next one will be on jan 1st
And usually there is one 2 weeks after that...

The signs are probably up already for it (unfortunately written in Thai) and posted outside the Morlam field

anonone
December 7th, 2011, 18:18
Great description of the event. I am glad you enjoyed it as well.

I was really ticked that I left Thailand on December 5, as I missed out on this Mor Lam. I knew it would be hoppin with all the bars closed down for the day. The guys were talking about it for days ahead of time.

For anyone that has not attended one, I agree it should be on the list of things to see at lease once. Very easy to do, even as an infrequent visitor. For my first time, I asked a favorite bar guy if he wanted to go, and of course he did. I then told him I would pick up the costs for 2 or 3 of his friends to go with us. He was on the mobile phone pretty quick...did not take long to find some companions. Definitely better than just the two of us going. We all had a great time.

If you subscribe to Nicky's newsletter, the scheduled Mor Lam concerts are given a brief note in the upcoming events.

newalaan
December 7th, 2011, 21:21
For anyone that has not attended one, I agree it should be on the list of things to see at lease once Absolutely!
the amount of gay guys at the event was staggering Yes the Pattaya one has a huge percentage of gays there. But to anyone who goes 'up country' with their bf or thai friend, the Mor-lam concerts anywhere in the country places are also great events, held all over Issan, many in small towns and they always have huge turnouts. Many of them in the country places have added family attractions around the main venue and huge amount and varied eating stalls with tons of coloured lights and fairground rides etc...

The up country ones have many gays in attendance too, the one's I have gone to near my bf's viilage are massive compared to the size of the nearby towns/villages and usually have 'packs' of gays, gay femmes, katoi's out for a good time They are out to dance and 'mix' with the young men from the other villages where they can hook up without too much gossip. On a couple of occassions I have been the only farang (as far as i could see) and that itself gets you alot of attention from all types.

Only warnings are.........the closer to finishing time, especially the last half hour or so fights often break out, most of the families and others start heading out during the last hour. Be prepared to be offered a range of alcoholic drinks some being particularly horrible such as Lao Dong Ya (disgusting), Lao Khao mixed with M150(sweet and strong) Lao Khao neat (sufferable), i prefer just to stick to canned beer, you know what is in there, where it has come from and what the alcohol content is going to be. If you are prone to headaches all the first three i mentioned can give you a massive headache and hangover the next day if you dont take 'precautions'.

You will get many approaches especially as martin911 says when the alcohol starts taking effect, also in the country places you will be approached by younger femme/gay boys who are tipsy and you would need to be very careful about interaction with them. I'm speaking of boys around 14-18 years old who have had some drink and lose their shyness. But one thing is always guaranteed and that is a great fun time!

martin911
December 7th, 2011, 23:23
Yes i saw something similar when i was at Loy Krathrong in Sukohtai --- many young boys (not guys !! ) in early teenage years ,out in packs with friends ,prob drinking as well --and a farang is prime target and you will be showered with attention -- so as NA says care is needed !!

christianpfc
December 8th, 2011, 00:30
That sounds really interesting! There were positive reports about Mor Lam before, so far I always missed the Mor Lam parties. I will keep the date for the next one in mind.

ceejay
December 8th, 2011, 02:00
There's a village in Amnat Charoen called Ban Pla Khao where there's a whole string of Mor Lam Bars. Apparently, it's the major local industry. I'm planning on visiting the Rocket Festival in Yasothon next year, and I'm hoping to Make a side trip to Ban Pla Khao while I'm there.

cdnmatt
December 8th, 2011, 03:13
How do you guys manage to cute all these young, cute guys showering you with attention at morlam concerts? I wouldn't mind that. Instead, all I seem to get it slobbering drunk, fat, middle aged women. Who knows, maybe Kim and co. fuck off all the cute guys before they get a chance to say hi. :-)

Agree on above. Morlam up country are decent, but for me at least, once every 3 or 6 months is good. And as stated, watch out for the fights, because they will begin fighting at every single concert. Thai tradition, I guess. *shrug*

RonanTheBarbarian
December 8th, 2011, 06:26
I would advise anybody who has a chance to go to a Mor Lam concert.

I went to one with colmx back in January. It was somewhere on the Third Road. (I think it was on the site marked on Googlemaps as тАЬPattaya City GolfтАЭ)
It was a mad experience. I thought a music concert would mean a dozen singers onstage at most, but there must have been at least a hundred, with several songs where they all seemed to be on stage at the same time.
It went on for ages, with songs interspersed with slapstick comedy interspersed with ugly katoey with bits of audience interaction. I particularly remember a bit where one obviously very popular katoey (accompanied with her lapdog on a lead who was going nuts) came to the front of the stage where her fans were trying to pass up roses to her. :bis:
She bent down daintily in the tight dress to get the roses, meanwhile holding back the lapdog who was snapping viciously at all the hands which were coming up over the edge of the stage holding the roses. Think some of her fans were lucky not to lose a finger that night.

But the people watching was the best entertainment. Interesting mix, with a very strong showing by the gay contingent.

You can see a short Youtube clip of a Mor Lam concert (made i think by Oogleman of the TingTong board) here:

[youtube:12pnclu5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkYOz1r6RyY[/youtube:12pnclu5]

newalaan
December 8th, 2011, 22:54
deleted questionable content Could this 'questionable' content have led to legal issues for the forum?? If so fine, but..............

If not please re-post it! We are all well abe to decide for ourselves as to whether the content was "questionable". Anyway what is your definition of 'questionable'? We do NOT need owners or mods telling us what is good or not good for us to read or view...all members here are grown ups, it's ridiculous to have nannying a-la-gaybutt. Everyone is more than capable of ignoring or passing by a post they dont agree with.

I'm seeing more and more 'stealth' interference from mods here, changing thread headlines, adding dates...etc for goodness sake let the threads take their own natural course and stand as the writers intended them to be when they wrote them. Who cares if a post contains small inaccuracies or has a little off topic content (everybody including the owner is guilty of that) or if they have controversial content, name calling or whatever. There is nothing wrong with the forum reflecting real life, not some kind of 'rose coloured glasses' version. Next posters will not be allowed to refer to Pattaya as 'shitsville' (reference to gaybuttblog owner banning the use of the word) Enough censorship already!

Manforallseasons
December 9th, 2011, 00:00
Enough censorship already!(quote) newalaan

Considering the way the mod handled the locked post on this page it would be difficult to agree with your point.

Neal
December 9th, 2011, 01:42
First this thread was not locked, second a complaint regarding board policy is supposed to be in Posting Guidelines
and finally the discussion had to do with availability of 14 - 18 year olds and that is strictly against board guidelines, thank you very much.
Finally, the mods are getting awfully tired of the dog fights between a few. It has gotten down to FLAMMING which is against board Rules and Guidelines. Discussion of minors maybe being availabke as well as flamming does not come under freedom of speech.

Dboy
December 9th, 2011, 02:38
Where exactly are these events on Third Rd? Third and what? How long have these concerts been running on third rd? Never heard of Mor lam, but here's some info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mor_lam

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/mor-lam/

colmx
December 9th, 2011, 03:32
Where exactly are these events on Third Rd? Third and what? How long have these concerts been running on third rd? Never heard of Mor lam, but here's some info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mor_lam

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/mor-lam/

Hi Dboy
They have been running for as long as I remember (10+) years from the same location on 3rd road

Marked on map below (incorrectly) as pattaya city golf
http://colmx.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/tumnanchon1.jpg

There is usually at least one concert per month... but around New Year, Songkran etc they usually occur more frequently

newalaan
December 9th, 2011, 08:12
First this thread was not locked, second a complaint regarding board policy is supposed to be in Posting Guidelinesand finally the discussion had to do with availability of 14 - 18 year olds and that is strictly against board guidelines, thank you very much.Finally, the mods are getting awfully tired of the dog fights between a few. It has gotten down to FLAMMING which is against board Rules and Guidelines. Discussion of minors maybe being availabke as well as flamming does not come under freedom of speech I dont think 'manforallseasons' was refering to this thread being locked, i think it was the "Jail For words" thread on the front page. Regarding the deleted post on this thread, if it had simply said "deleted due to underage discussion" then fine! as I said at the start of my post anything which could have legal implications for the forum should be deleted, but at that point nobody knew why the post had been deleted because all it said was "deleted due to questionable content" without stating what the 'questionable' was. Had that been clear I would have said nothing at all, and saved the rest of the rant for another time.

As for the Mods being tired with the dogfights, what is there to be tired about? Unless they are causing any legal problems for the forum, ignore them and just let them get on with it, the grown up members here can surely pass by any 'dog fights' they dont want to read. It's the unnecessary sniping, smart-arse attacks which put off potential new posters, where ordinary, reasonable reviews and opinions are picked on by 'certain' posters here and have done for a long time,but they seem to have been curbed, one especially has 'toned down' his nastiness. But dogfights take at least two to tango, so nobody is really being 'picked on' are they who cares about them?
Considering the way the mod handled the locked post on this page it would be difficult to agree with your point.Firstly i assume you are referring to the locked post regarding "Jail For Words", what has 'the way the mod handled that locked post' got to do with my post, completely different set of circumstances. But since you do refer to that thread, i will disagree with you and say that thread should have been deleted in its entirety including the link, with an explanation attached to explain that leaving that link up regarding refernces to the Thai Monarchy criticising the Thai Law on the subject is leaving the forum open to potential, no matter how minute the chance, repercussions. Even if you regard that action as over-reacting I wouldn't be taking any chances with that subject whatsoever.

Regret the off-topic body swerve but some of it was relevant to the context of the deleted post and 'manforallseasons' required an answer.

Beachlover
December 9th, 2011, 12:19
Had that been clear I would have said nothing at all, and saved the rest of the rant for another time.
Don't ever save up your rants, Newalaan... We love them and look, Scottish said he might take you off ignore in the new year! :rolling:

I agree with you about the dog fights. All but a rare few of them come to a natural conclusion and most members are mature enough to move on after that. I think the mods previously stepped in too early to lock threads they didn't really understand when they were only a lively debates with no serious or lingering ill intention between members (e.g. Martin and me).

The info and the case in the link on the locked thread is freely available in Thailand in Thai newspapers both in print and online.

Having said that, I think people need to be considerate and remember the owner of the site resides in Thailand and has a small but public profile. As does the main moderator who visits Thailand. It's perfectly reasonable for them to be pro-actively cautious about what they allow to be posted here in relation to Thai politics and the Royal Family. The risk is on their shoulders so they make the call.

PattayaBob
December 9th, 2011, 19:13
The next concert is Sunday, December 18 ...I usually get there around 8:30. It is on 3rd road between Pattaya Klang and Nua on left side, just before short cut road to Hollywood Disco. About 1/4 mile past 3rd road entrance to Big C Extra.

colmx
January 11th, 2012, 18:00
Next Morlam concert is tomorrow Thursday Jan 12th... same place as the earlier posts....
For anyone that is boy hunting for a gay boy on that night... the bars will be empty... so get yourselves to the Issan concert!

martin911
January 11th, 2012, 19:03
Next Morlam concert is tomorrow Thursday Jan 12th... same place as the earlier posts....
For anyone that is boy hunting for a gay boy on that night... the bars will be empty... so get yourselves to the Issan concert!

Count me in !!! :party :party :party