PDA

View Full Version : Any Disappearing Posts?

Neal
December 6th, 2011, 23:40
Other than the Netrix temper tantrum, I just recieved a PM that another post has disappeared.
again I checked the moderator logs and see that no action was taken. Please understand moderator logs. When we push edit or delete a log is created automatically that we cannot make disappear. It shows what time and when we took the action so none of the moderators can do something on the sly.

So now this poster suggests that he thinks he pushed the right buttons and maybe he had a glitch in the signal or wireless connection and is not sure what may have happened. To see if there is any pattern that tech support needs to look into or our ISP Host, would anyone tell me if they experienced a post disappearing also and if so, what did they remember. Thanks!

Rush, Yet Again
December 7th, 2011, 04:57
May we also suggest posts weтАЩd like to see disappear?

Neal
December 7th, 2011, 08:44
I think that list may be too lengthy! :sign5: But in the attempt to allow as much freedom of speech as possible, we have to deal with some of the shit also.

lonelywombat
December 7th, 2011, 12:31
I have noticed that posts seem to take 20/30 seconds to be uplifted. This seems to have slowly developed over a few months. I dont know if it is only me that has that problem.

I sometimes go back to the forum after hitting submit, and get peeved some minutes later to see the post has not gone through.

I timed this post and it took 24 seconds to upload.

Beachlover
December 7th, 2011, 22:42
Posts taking a long time or not getting through at all happens to me all the time. So often I don't even consciously register it. I just hit the back button and submit again.

Now that I realise this, I think it's quite possible people are just hitting "submit" without following through to see if their post appeared. Then they think it's been deleted.

I know it's not a connection problem from my end because I've posted from over a dozen different connections in recent months, all with the same experience. Most posts go through quickly and without issue, but every now and then the mishap occurs.

SGT does go down momentarily often. Sometimes when the site's inaccessible I use the http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com test and find it says, "down for everyone".

December 8th, 2011, 08:23
SGT does go down momentarily often.Are you saying taht the forum goes down on posters a lot?

Neal
December 8th, 2011, 11:12
I have noticed that it gets stuck or goes down a few times a day for a few minutes. We have been looking for the answers to this problem. The site is currently hosted on a server in the USA and is on a "shared server". we may be looking into switching the forum on to a dedicated server with us only but that costs A LOT and we need to check the income as to the costs.