PDA

View Full Version : The Glass House

arsenal
December 5th, 2011, 09:25
When I first encountered The Glass House I had to check with one of the waiters if I was allowed in. It wasn't like any other restaurant I had come across, I thought it was part of a very exclusive resort hotel such is the sumptious design and decor.

Location: About two to three KMs outside of Na Jomtien towards Sattahip and right on the beach...literally. Coming from Pattaya you will see a sign and that is where you do a u-turn and it's about three turnings up.
Greeting: Very friendly but also the style of western restaurants with highly professional service. These are proper waiters who know how to look after customers.
Decor: Magnificent. Marble flooring with big tables and comfortable chairs. Feeling tired, why not lie down on one of their large comfy beds. Yes...beds. As the waiter said to me "come here, eat lunch, have a sleep, wake up, go for a swim, have dinner." They have also placed a large amount of furniture actually on the beach and you won't find anywhere more lovely to enjoy a cocktail as the sun sets.
Food: The menu is extensive and based mainly on seafood. It is a little confusing with pictures in one section and then the name of the dish and price in another. So what did we eat?
A whole fried seabass with hot and sour sauce, stir fried mixed seafood, spicy seafood salad, stir fried vegetables and shrimp fried rice. We drank three bottles of water and had two lattes. The lattes came with the sugar melted onto sticks, a nice touch. The food was the best Thai meal I have eaten. The freshness of the seafood, the balance and flavour of the sauces and spices was pure art. Add this together with the almost fairylike setting and I say without doubt that this is the best restaurant I have visited in many years, not just in Thailand but anywhere. A absolute gem and a true destination restaurant.
And the bill. It came to a total of 1365 Baht. Add a tip anf the total was 500 baht each, less than the cost of the seabass alone in England.
The Glass House. Take a look at their website.
www.glasshouse-pattaya.com (http://www.glasshouse-pattaya.com)

frequentflier
December 5th, 2011, 18:42
was there on my last visit.totally recommend it..

December 5th, 2011, 18:54
The Glass House. Take a look at their websiteThis is exactly why i decided to join this forum, to find out about places and other's experiences with them for future visits to Thailand. Thank you for the review.

lexusgs
December 5th, 2011, 18:55
+1 from me also Arsenal. Great post. I eventually found the place 3 months ago. The signs for the place had me slightly confused. First time I tried I ended up in some small fishing village.