PDA

View Full Version : Has this site been blocked?

kjun12
December 4th, 2011, 21:11
I had to get on this site by using a proxy. Has the site been blocked?

Neal
December 5th, 2011, 01:39
Some users of TRUE have mentioned this and others say it was unblocked. I am not sure but I hear no complaints for those that use the secondary web address sawatdeegayforum.com

mahjongguy
December 5th, 2011, 10:10
I have been unable to reach the site for days, using True AND using CAT.

Linking to sawatdeegayforum.com takes me to sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum but most of the time I cannot follow any of the links from there.

This feels like a DNS problem.

Neal
December 5th, 2011, 14:58
I will forward this concern to tech support.
I do know that prior to ownership change, it was very difficult to get SGT within Thailand. Once we changed ownership and made some corrections, everyone said that they were now able to access the site so we pursued it no more.

Now I dont want to hear from everyone that they CAN access the site, what I would like is to hear from those who have NOT been able to access it. Please post or send a PM.

jinks
December 5th, 2011, 15:49
to hear from those who have NOT been able to access it. Please post or send a PM.

Hey Boss, if they cannot access the site how can they post or PM.

They cannot even read these messages about bad access !

Neal
December 5th, 2011, 16:47
Because this person was able to get through using a proxy, my love. I want to see how many others need to do the same..

homeseeker
December 9th, 2011, 08:07
For severel days I not able to access this site in BKK (web page not available or something broken etc)and not only on my home PC but also in internet cafe. Same problem in Chiang Mai and only now after 1 week have i found a shop that I can access this site.\\whats the problem???

Neal
December 9th, 2011, 08:17
Seems to be a problem within Thailand and if you are experiencing it, go to the site via a proxy. We have numerous tech people on this and are trying to figure it out.

homeseeker
December 9th, 2011, 08:24
thanks dear. Bit daft though if there is a problem accessing this site in Thailand?!

For those of us who ain't computer literate please indicate how to access this site via a proxy.

thank you!
Wuld someone please explain how to reach this site via Proxy Server as I dont know and have no problems accessing it through Sophon and Triple BBB Thanks DaBoss

mahjongguy
December 9th, 2011, 09:19
I have True and Sophon (CAT).

SGT cannot be reached from True. I took the extra step of forcing True to use Google (8.8.8.8) as its primary DNS and it still wouldn't work.

December 9th, 2011, 09:21
thanks dear. Bit daft though if there is a problem accessing this site in Thailand?!

For those of us who ain't computer literate please indicate how to access this site via a proxy.

thank you!
Wuld someone please explain how to reach this site via Proxy Server as I dont know and have no problems accessing it through Sophon and Triple BBB Thanks DaBoss

I tried this proxy server and it worked just fine:

http://turbohide.com

Just go to this site then type in the address http://sawatdee-gay-thailand.com where it says to Enter URL

lonelywombat
December 9th, 2011, 10:08
I have raised a number of times over the years and have told how in one net cafe near Sunee I was unable to load sawatdee, whilst I could see another customer actually reading sawatdee and changing pages.

In the small soi east side of Tukcom there are 2 internet shops next to each other one can load sawatdee, the other cannot. Opposite the old La Cage the same situation would occur with the 2 cafes, until 8 weeks ago. Then neither would load. I called around to Monty's 25 yards away, he had no problem.

Remarks that others had not problems [because no one else had complained] did not solve the problem. People who cannot access sawatdee are highly unlikely to post and tell us.

Expats in Pattaya seem to be split between those who can read sawatdee and those that have never been able to. Of course there are those who dont want to.

When I stay in BKK I have to visit a number of cafes to find one that does have access. Upstairs near the overhead railway staion in Silom is one that I use mostly.

When trying to get access through proxies, I often get the old board that Jinks established years ago Maybe you could utilize that site and message recommending use of proxies.

I am not positive that this is correct, but I seem to recall one member using his laptop in a hotle had no problems Might be useless info but!!!!!!!

Beachlover
December 9th, 2011, 11:49
If you really want to get to the bottom of this problem, then I suggest using this thread to gather accurate data...

Ask members to help by reporting when and where they were unable to access SGF and most importantly, what ISP was involved...

1. If you can't access SGF from a connection you own, post your ISP (e.g. True) and if you have any optional filtering in place here.

2. If you're using a net cafe or hotel connection and can't access SGF, ask them to tell you what ISP they use and report it here. It's NO USE reporting it if you don't know what ISP they use.

Obviously, if everyone starts reporting that they weren't able to access the site while using a True connection, for example, then we know it's probably something to do with True.

But if SOME people report they had no problem accessing the site via True, then it's possible that True is blocking access for those customers that request filtering (e.g. hotels might request filtering to block out inappropriate material).

It's also possible that this is nothing to do with the ISP and is actually caused by some businesses (e.g. hotels) employing commercial software to filter internet traffic on their networks. I'm sure the mystery can be solved if you gather enough data from members.

lukylok
December 10th, 2011, 02:34
I can just confirm that it was impossible for me to access the site while in Bangkok, 5/12 to 8/12.
No problem now, when I am back in Europe !

OK but this does not tell us how many times you tried to access the site and if from various locations in Bangkok etc. This helps us identify the problem. DaBoss

pong
December 10th, 2011, 09:45
I have used various webshopshere in BKK last week. And have had various results all the time-and now i see I forfeited many chances on prizes too!
1.my regular shop (as it does a special for 5 bt/hr) I always access via google-and then get linked into another yahoo-site and then blocks access-or says it is not possible. Direct typing the SGT same result.
2.another shop no problem at all-but had a long time ago.
3.this shop in RKhaeng-via explorer not possible, now via Mozilla-but had to log in twice before getting in. First time no threads would open. Every time as I post something, I first get kicked out and then have to login anew.

Thank you. If anyone is using a public system or hotel and cannot get through, if you could inquire what service they use? True, Triple BBB, Sphon, whomever it would be a great help. Daboss

lukylok
December 10th, 2011, 16:02
I can just confirm that it was impossible for me to access the site while in Bangkok, 5/12 to 8/12.
No problem now, when I am back in Europe !

OK but this does not tell us how many times you tried to access the site and if from various locations in Bangkok etc. This helps us identify the problem. DaBoss

I tried at least twice a day. I was staying at the Tarntawan and had an excellent connection. But I have no idea of their system.

bokeh
December 11th, 2011, 16:37
I've been having problems accessing this site for years. Once in a blue moon it does load, and sometimes pecking at the reload icon enough times produces results, but very erratic and mostly ending in failure or only partial loading, or I can access the main page but when I click to read a thread, it throws up that 404 Not Found message. I'm in BKK and use TRUE- at home, with no filtering. However, a proxy site mentioned by one member way back in 2007(?) gets it each and every time.

A few months ago I switched to the sawatdeegayforum.com address and things worked fine for a short while, but now it's back to square one.

appears the problem is with True and in Thailand. You need to use another or a proxy

ceejay
December 11th, 2011, 21:00
Maybe this is not just a problem in Thailand? It's not so bad here in England, but I do get the occasional unable to access server message. The last was 2 minutes ago (and lasted about 2 minutes). It happens quite often, but never for very long.
As mentioned prior, we use a shared server and sometimes it can go down for a minute or two. A private server is much more money.

pong
December 13th, 2011, 10:53
my usual shop-as reported, now simply gives a blank-also with the alternative sitename. But this shop-just 3/400 mtrs on, no prob at all.

anonone
December 13th, 2011, 15:18
I have become a big fan of using a proxy for almost all my browsing. A paid service is pretty minimal cost and allows for great flexibility and security in browsing. As someone who travels extensively, I will not use many "secure" websites on public /hotel / wifi network without first logging into the proxy service. It provides much more security when logging into banks and other accounts.

An additional benefit is to be able to choose where the internet "thinks" you are located. I can be in the US, Europe, Asia, etc, regardless of where I actually am in the world. This is very helpful when trying to view programming, make purchases on iTunes, etc. If you run into some type of blocking issue, simply change your internet location and it goes right through.

I have been using Witopia and have been very happy with connectivity and speeds, but I know there are many vendors to choose from with good products. If you use public networks and are not using a proxy, I would urge you to do a little research and invest in this type of protection...plus you can easily get around any censorship issues while in Thailand.

pong
December 16th, 2011, 08:58
keeps on amazing:
in this shop-obviously, no problem.
yesterday, in another faraway shop, where i had no probs before, could log-in, only the posts would not open and then show the 404 message. On mozilla the site would not open at all- URL unknown.

Neal
December 16th, 2011, 09:07
As mentioned many times prior....... I believe if you inquire at the various shops you will find they are using TRUE for their internet provider.
We will be contacting them to see if they will remove us from the block. Dont know if Sawatdee Theatre or previous language content on the site may have been the problem.

Brisboy82
December 16th, 2011, 10:40
As mentioned many times prior....... I believe if you inquire at the various shops you will find they are using TRUE for their internet provider.
We will be contacting them to see if they will remove us from the block. Dont know if Sawatdee Theatre or previous language content on the site may have been the problem.

Yes true Internet appears to be the culprit. It is what is used in my guesthouse wifi. It appears that telephone bar must also be using true Internet for its wifi.

Neal
December 16th, 2011, 14:54
Is Telephone Pub blocked also?

Brisboy82
December 16th, 2011, 15:01
Is Telephone Pub blocked also?

I was using the wifi at telephone pub and was unable to access the sawatdee website

Smiles
December 16th, 2011, 16:02
I was using the wifi at telephone pub and was unable to access the sawatdee website
Good.

homeseeker
December 16th, 2011, 17:49
Appears this site is being blocked by TRUE, which I use on my PC. Some months ago I had a computer technician doing some unrelated things with my computer and I asked him about being unable to get this sawatdee forum. He ran some tests and confirmed not a problem with my PC but the site is being blocked.
Thanks to a posting on another forum the following proxy enables me for the moment to get the sawatdee gay forum:

http://www.bloodpacket.com/

pong
December 21st, 2011, 07:58
HOOrray- suddenly today-I just tried again to see if, it is working in this shop-the usual a bit slow and patchy loading, but it all works like being used to. No idea of what happened, but at least the right measures seem to have been taken.

Neal
December 21st, 2011, 08:01
No measures have been taken yet so it must be a speed thing where you are.
For other people, try a different locale and I think it is a TRUE thing and we are contacting True to see what we can do to comply.
Also another person has reported that he goes to nickys gay Pattaya, selects LINKS and then selects Sawatdee and gets right through. Try it!

latintopxxx
December 21st, 2011, 12:54
I had no problem accessing and posting on the site from both BKK and Pats...using hotel networks.

pong
December 23rd, 2011, 06:44
remains some lottery-mystery: yesterday-on the very same computer as I called out hooray for-it was dead-and now-same shop-other machine, it works again. Thanks for the suggestion to go via link-I remember indeed from distant past this often worked-had forgotten about it.

Beachlover
December 28th, 2011, 07:50
Confirmed... can't access SGF from any hotel that uses TRUE as their internet service provider. If the hotel uses any other ISP, it's fine. So it's an issue with TRUE then.

christianpfc
December 28th, 2011, 12:06
Bangkok Penguin Internet in Soi Si Bamphen - error message (two days ago).

Pattaya Ben Internet Soi VC - access without problem (from where I am writing now).

Neal
December 28th, 2011, 14:42
That is great but as I ask every single time, please ask them who each one uses as an Internet provider. Without that info the available access is useless. Thank you!

gerefan2
December 28th, 2011, 23:20
I use an internet cafe just along from 2 guys guesthouse, near Sunne Plaza, and it always works one one machine only.
It wont work on the others!

Neal
December 29th, 2011, 03:35
SEE ABOVE POST!