View Full Version : 40 Million Baht 'boybride' Price

jinks
December 4th, 2011, 14:15
Sunday, December 4, 2011 4:20:00 AM

Aussie pays Baht 40 million 'boybride' price

Full Story from Queer News http://www.phuketgazette.net/archives/q ... 11607.html

http://www.dailynews.co.th/sites/default/files/imagecache/620x245/cover/1401.jpg

cdnmatt
December 4th, 2011, 14:46
They've been dating for 3 months, and he forked over 40 million baht? Holy fucking hell... I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Poor schmuck just got taken for $1.3 million USD, and probably doesn't even know it yet. Unreal...

Imagine the lao khao session the family had with their friends and neighbors after this episode? heh... 40 million baht. Wow. When Kim's sister got married, the groom's family forked over 50,000 baht. And this guy forks over 40,000,000 baht. LOL.

December 4th, 2011, 17:04
"The groom showered his young spouse with a non-binding dowry of cash, land and diamond and gold jewelry valued at 40 million baht"

Lets hope that this is perhaps just slightly sensationalist journalism and in fact what the guy actually did was perhaps buy some land on which to build their house on ( say 2.7m ?) - but registered in the Thai guys name of course so classed as a gift, then perhaps bought him a very nice wedding ring and maybe a piece of jewellery to celebrate their wedding ( say .3m) and then gave the family a million, which when you put it like hopefully at least makes a BIT more sense !! ??

Ha ha and I love the way they reported that the bride to be took all of 3 months to decide to agree to marry the farang once they first met and that the family all approved - ha ha yeah, I BET they did ! lol :-)

Anyway, good luck to them both, I hope they live very happily together. ( ok, who wants to place the first bet :-)

PeterUK
December 4th, 2011, 17:25
The article says the young man was doing 'undergraduate studies in advertising' when they met. I think he should be awarded his Master's Degree at once.

lexusgs
December 4th, 2011, 18:36
I wonder what the boy sees in the multi millionaire former Qantas exec..lol. The Thai guy reminds me of young
PM Yinluck. Do I sounds bitter? :happy7:

December 4th, 2011, 18:54
white make up ex go go boy i reckon maybe he can afford something better now ... the white face look is so ruff

December 4th, 2011, 21:48
Hi,

A fool and his money............................................. .............!!

He doesn't deserve to have any the silly bugger!!

corky
December 5th, 2011, 00:18
What you guys are experiencing is jealousy; in various degrees.

Some of you survive on low salaries and are outraged that this Australian can afford to spend 40 million Baht on a boy. How many offs could you get for that?
How do you know how much disposable income this Australian has? 40 mil may be loose change to him.
You pre-judge the boy and his family. Many Thais live in circumstances beyond your experience.
Do you really think that someone who has reached the position of being an airline executive has not thought it through himself?

I wish the happy couple good luck. They will need it with so many petty individuals such as yourselves praying and preying for it to fail.

December 5th, 2011, 00:30
The boy's lucky it wasn't christianpfc he met - half a bottle of naam and a model of the Eiffel Tower would have been his lot!

:occasion9:

December 5th, 2011, 00:40

Some of you survive on low salaries and are outraged that this Australian can afford to spend 40 million Baht on a boy. How many offs could you get for that?
How do you know how much disposable income this Australian has? 40 mil may be loose change to him.
You pre-judge the boy and his family. Many Thais live in circumstances beyond your experience.
Do you really think that someone who has reached the position of being an airline executive has not thought it through himself?

I wish the happy couple good luck. They will need it with so many petty individuals such as yourselves praying and preying for it to fail.

My comments,,

Foolish as they may seem to you, are based on experience and a reasonably sound knowledge of Thailand and a belief that ' if it looks and sounds to good to be true, it usually is! '

and not even a whiff of jealousy!

Brad the Impala
December 5th, 2011, 00:57

Indeed! The gullysuckers are limited by their own experiences. I hope that the couple are very happy.

December 5th, 2011, 09:03

Hi,

Thailand made me cynical just like a relationship such as this does. They met whilst he was working in a Thai restaurant to make ends meet for his schooling, that's great, so far so good.

The kid obviously became the centre/focus of the man's attention enabling him to find out his background. The guy has fallen head over heels. 40 million isn't loose change to him, as the story reads he has had to sell off his other assets to make their ' dream home '

The best thing that can be hoped for out of this ' marraige of convenience ' is that the Thai guy has the manners to wait until the guy leaves this mortal coil as opposed to a ' divorce ' and taking everything from him, in a marraige not recognised by either state involved.

As far as the sentence " Do you really think that someone who has reached the position of being an airline executive has not thought it through himself? ' goes, well there is no blindness like people who don't want to see.

Even the newspaper pours cynicism on it, read the last two paragraphs.

quote:

While the marriage was approved by relatives on both sides, it could be a long time before the couple can legally register the union: the governments of Thailand and Australia do not recognize same-sex marriage.

While change in that regard could be a long time coming, the Thai custom of paying a dowry to the family of the bride has apparently been better able to keep up with changing times.

:sign5:

cdnmatt
December 5th, 2011, 09:40

I've known several multi-millionaires who were idiots, so his position and wealth don't mean too much.

He dropped $1.3 mil three months into a relationship. Most people would think that's insane if he was dating an Aussie of the same age and socio-economic background. Let alone a broke, jobless Thai guy who's young enough to be his son, or maybe even grandson.

But whatever, good luck to the two I guess.

December 5th, 2011, 14:26

I've known several multi-millionaires who were idiots, so his position and wealth don't mean too much.

He dropped $1.3 mil three months into a relationship. Most people would think that's insane if he was dating an Aussie of the same age and socio-economic background. Let alone a broke, jobless Thai guy who's young enough to be his son, or maybe even grandson.

But whatever, good luck to the two I guess.

Yep, good luck............. :laughing3:

lexusgs
December 5th, 2011, 16:33

I guess it's only your twisted view that brings up the thought of jealousy Corky. Many posters here have long experience of the ins and outs of a Thai-Farang relationship.
The sad truth for many is that guys of the Ozzy Execs generation and background have yet to experience a relationship. I wish em both good luck but if the story reads as
the truth he's been a bit of a fool. Your comments are just plain dopey mate.

December 5th, 2011, 17:07
"What you guys are experiencing is jealousy; in various degrees."

As we say here in Ireland......jealousy MY ARSE ! My comments where based on what we all know and see on a regular basis in Thailand, both in the gay and also the straight world, others have already commented on such and I'll not bother to repeat all of that but lets not lose sight or EXACTLY what happened here, i.e. young broke guy, rich old guy, hooking up for mutual satisfaction but with different reasons (which is absolutely fine of course) but that's EXACTLY what it was and there's no point in trying to sugar coat that "deal" to pretend on the younger guys part at least that it was anything else or was "love" as you may like to have us believe - as when farang try to convince themselves of that then THAT'S where the problems start I think- so I stand by my comments and I do genuinely wish them well but still wouldn't like to put too much money on the longevity of their undying "love" or the amount of money its going to cost the (now a bit poorer) farang by the conclusion of his adventure - and if the farang was sitting next to me in a bar telling me all about his love ( like putting it in the PAPER !! ) and telling me about his marriage plans and love for his new boy of all of three months and saying that he was thinking about just nipping out a spend several million on him tomorrow I would gently tell him exactly the same as I've said above to his face ! So, jealousy.....no sir, I think not.

Neal
December 5th, 2011, 17:14
Fuck! The guy could have given my family 40 million and I would love him!
I am sure that the boy and his family will be supported in a style that they could only dream of and if the parents have their way, the boy will love the falang until he runs out of money!

Beachlover
December 5th, 2011, 19:25
Not a bad looking guy, the Thai.

I wonder, which city they met in. Sydney or Melbourne?

Part of the 40 million baht went to buying a plot of land and a house for them to live in. I suppose that'll benefit them both. I wonder what portion of it goes directly to the family, never to be seen by the farang again... Just seems like a crazy amount.

Brisboy82
December 7th, 2011, 11:42

I wonder, which city they met in. Sydney or Melbourne?

Part of the 40 million baht went to buying a plot of land and a house for them to live in. I suppose that'll benefit them both. I wonder what portion of it goes directly to the family, never to be seen by the farang again... Just seems like a crazy amount.

Same goes for the plot and house
Since a farang can't own land on his own and I have been told that if you buy land for a Thai you will never be able to get the money back.

cdnmatt
December 7th, 2011, 12:18
]Same goes for the plot and house
Since a farang can't own land on his own and I have been told that if you buy land for a Thai you will never be able to get the money back.

Yeah, Thais don't refund. :-)

This guy broke the cardinal rule among expats. Don't bring anything into Thailand that you're not willing to walk away from.

Beachlover
December 7th, 2011, 23:07
Yeah but how do you know he's not willing to walk away from all this if it goes belly up? He might have another 2-3 million safely tucked away in Australia for all you know.

December 7th, 2011, 23:50
Yeah but how do you know he's not willing to walk away from all this if it goes belly up? He might have another 2-3 million safely tucked away in Australia for all you know.

Mmmm,

And he might not have too!

Dboy
December 9th, 2011, 02:47

I'd go farther than that! I found him very attractive. You can't buy someones heart though.

December 9th, 2011, 08:17

I'd go farther than that! I found him very attractive. You can't buy someones heart though.

Hi,

Agree with both of you on that score. I will be surprised but not disappointed if it lasts long term.

I've been with my Thai partner nearly 16 years and it really takes some strength and patience to accept some of the ' blindly off the wall ' things they just do for no apparent reason.

Neal
January 25th, 2013, 02:34
I sure would like to know how this marraige is going.

January 25th, 2013, 02:44
Going really well i would imagine ( and hope) .......for just as long as the money's holding out I'm sure ! :-)

Ah that's mean, I take that back, I shouldn't judge either guy, they both could be deeply and passionately in love, so I hope they're (still) both very happy together - for "whatever" reason !

Khor tose
January 25th, 2013, 10:14
Going really well i would imagine ( and hope) .......for just as long as the money's holding out I'm sure ! :-)

Ah that's mean, I take that back, I shouldn't judge either guy, they both could be deeply and passionately in love, so I hope they're (still) both very happy together - for "whatever" reason !

LOL, I agree with your last best wishes for the couple, but think reality probably is closer to the first statement.

ultimo
January 25th, 2013, 11:11
The last I heard was that he was found with a plastic bag over his head, hands tied behind his back in a river somewhere in Issan.
Police verdict was that he "Drowned in his own sorrows". The will suggests that everything will go to the boy and his current Thai boyfriend who loyally stood by at the riverside spot. :dontknow: :hello2:

lonelywombat
January 25th, 2013, 12:07
Ultimo I know I am stupid, but was it the farang that was found in that accidental death?

January 25th, 2013, 15:05
I "think" that story was intended as a joke perhaps :-) - at least I HOPE anyway !!???

ultimo
January 25th, 2013, 16:39
Ultimo I know I am stupid, but was it the farang that was found in that accidental death?

Lonely
It was totaly in cheek (attempted)humour. Obviously I am not that much of humorist!

I am sure that the bride is probably living in Australian (as he was married to an ex Qantas Exec)and playing around....maybe he is Beachlovers bit on the side now :idea1:

BonTong
January 25th, 2013, 17:34
It's kinda funny reading this resurrected thread a couple of years on. Whilst I would normally share the cynicism expressed here, I happen to have met Leigh and Ahn who are a lovely couple and will surely have the last laugh.

Check out where they live in one of Chiang Mai's smartest and most beautiful gay resorts:

Soulmates Retreat (http://soulmates-retreat.com/)

For more on the story you guys might like to read February's issue of out-in-Thailand (http://www.out-in-thailand.com/) when it comes out next week.

Neal
January 25th, 2013, 21:58
That's fantastic Bon Ton and I am so happy you told us and hope that the two stick it to some of the posters where the sun don't shine. They do both look wonderful but it was a photo. See there can be true love nd it gives me more confidence wih B, my b/f who really does love me but why I don't know. I'm sure it is in part a feeling of being secure also but how different they think. Well some of them. Send them my best wishes!

ultimo
January 25th, 2013, 22:19
That's fantastic Bon Ton and I am so happy you told us and hope that the two stick it to some of the posters where the sun don't shine. They do both look wonderful but it was a photo. See there can be true love nd it gives me more confidence wih B, my b/f who really does love me but why I don't know. I'm sure it is in part a feeling of being secure also but how different they think. Well some of them. Send them my best wishes!
Quote by you on Page two of the thread.
Fuck! The guy could have given my family 40 million and I would love him!
I am sure that the boy and his family will be supported in a style that they could only dream of and if the parents have their way, the boy will love the falang until he runs out of money![quote]

Sometimes I find your comments to be less than thought out! With B( your B/F), I am sure that he loves you too ...maybe until the money runs out!

January 25th, 2013, 23:11
I have to second the above - I think those rose tinted glasses B must have bought you for Christmas must have dropped down over eyes again for a minute there Neal ?

Time to cut back on the Mills and Boon books and perhaps remember where you're living again and remember the main reason boys shack up with us "lovely" farang in the first place - it's not rocket science after all - I mean if some Newbie farang had walked into your bar and came out with all the "true love" stuff you're alluding to you would have been on here laughing your leg off at his naivety, whilst placing bets on just how long before you witnessed him coming back for a shoulder to cry on when he was heart broken and penniless or both !

And you could well have been right about that too - but to suggest that because a certain Thai guy ( who i'm sure is a lovely guy by the way) is still with his obviously rich falang BF and all whilst they are living in the lap of luxury in some holiday resort in Chang Mai with the boys family taken care of and them probably having more money than they could ever have dreamt of is it REALLY so much of a surprise that he's still there and that his new found lifestyle isn't a factor in his decision process re staying with that particular farang ? ( who again i'm sure is a lovely guy and I really don't intend this to be a personal dig at either of them, I'm speaking generally here)

And again as I've said before there's not a thing wrong with a "deal" like that as long as both parties are happy with each other and the situation, but to suggest others who suggested that money may well have played a part in that romance and need that idea "stuck where the sun doesn't shine" suggests YOU are the one who needs the urgent wake up call perhaps and not the people who are suggesting the "bleeding obvious."

And as for your " it gives me more confidence wih B, my b/f who really does love me but why I don't know" - you REALLY STILL don't know why ? Even after all your years living in Thailand - REALLY ?? As I believe someone else said "there's none so blind as those who wont' see".

Neal
January 26th, 2013, 03:34
And maybe but since the article was written so long ago I have since found B and while he very possibly may be staying with me because of the security that he has, it is great. Previous ones, well there was no ending to things that they kept asking for. B seems quite content having a nice place to live, food to eat and the security that he gives to his family. I provide him with security and he provides me with the only thing he has, love. Yes, very possibly if he had nothing from me he euld move on but I have and he has and he is happy and I am happy and that's all that counts. Like the 12 years of boys before him I don't hear bout a new phone all the time, gold, computer and notebook etc. Drinking money all the time. It just is a bit of relief.

January 26th, 2013, 03:48
Actually I think we're in agreement as that's basically what I was saying, they weigh up the deal and if they are happy with it they stay and if not they either permanently try to renegotiate it or move on, it appears from what you believe that B has weighed up his "deal" and is happy with it and assuming you are too then that's that and you can both lively happily ever after, but it doesn't change the basic point as to what was weighed up in the first place and the unspoken requirement for that to continue as it stands otherwise you have moved the goalposts and may well have forfeited the whole and complete deal - so, as long as you're both happy and it works, then great, but if things change and the money / lifestyle dries up for some reason then it would be interesting to see where things go at that point - which was basically the point I was making in my other post.

I should add however ( and as I've already stated) I personally see nothing wrong with that as long as both parties are aware of the existence of that "deal", I think where it gets confused is where the farang mistakes the "deal" for something else more akin to "true love" and that's where things start to get confused and either party gets upset with the other for changing the rules. I would also add that this is absolutely NO different to many straight relationships where women marry/ stay with men ( or the other way around) for their money and life style - but that is no more "true love" than some (and I'm not just sure how many) Thai boy / Falang relationships are - which again just to repeat I'm not saying is a bad thing, it just is what it is and shouldn't be confused as something else perhaps.

Neal
January 26th, 2013, 12:49
I was thinking of this early this morning and I would like to add a few comments not only regarding B but his sister and the family.
When we talk about the deal, we also talk about a commitment to one another. B takes me to the hospital at 5am 3 times a week. He has learned to cook a few Cambodian dishes that I really enjoy. He accompanies me to the beach and on errands, meets and talks with my falang freinds, watches TV with me in bed and snuggles up all the time. He goes to the market and shops trying to save money on whatever supplies. He pays bills, leaves tips and washes the three dogs. In return he has his own room when he wants to be alone and a salary of 1500 baht per week.

His sister has her own room and cleans the house twice a day as well as earns extra money selling ice cream on the beach. She washes the dishes, washes and irons the clothes and a few other things and in return she also gets a salary of 1,500 a week.

Both of them are happy and the family is happy because I extend my support to them also. No, it is not a free ride for the family. Sure I had a water well drilled and the sisters and brothers built a duck and chicken coupe. I paid for the supplies and the chickens and ducks as well as the well and a cement swimming pool for the animals. I am buying a small plot of land, having rice grown, a few cows to add to the chickens and they have the start of earning a good wage rather than tending to other peoples animals. I bought a single burner gas stove and a mattress for mama and she cooks a nice meal when I go there. Mama gets 3,000 baht a month and she is happy.

The concept of the boy being in love with the falang I would say in most cases is due to the fact that they no longer have to peddle their ass for rent and they don't have to figure out where their next meal will come from. They all eat rather well as they can eat what they want or they eat just as good a meal as I do and have joined me at Bruno's and Cafe des Amis whenever they want and can order an import steak when they choose but rarely want to. I am totally pleased with this deal and I know that they work hard to make me happy and I provide and make them happy. As you said, it is the art of a deal. What I CAN say is all the boys I have had in the preceeding 12 years here in Thailand, none abided by the deal and made me as happy and with most of the boys, whatever they were given was never enough.

The offset is that with the amount of money I pay to them, I would have paid to a maid, laundry and a companion for the hospital anyway, sex with several boys etc. This way I get all these things done and sex with a very handsome loving companion!

I feel comfortable knowing that when I go, the simple requests I have made will be honored and that my dogs who I also love very much will go with him and be well taken care of rather than in a shelter or worse on the street. In return, B and sister get majority of everything I leave behind.

January 26th, 2013, 17:46
I think just as you've shown in your above ( very open and honest post) when the "deal' is properly thought out and proves acceptable to both parties ( even in an a totally spoken undiscussed way) and is both affordable to the farang and honoured by the Thai guy all over a long period of time then this is a GREAT example of how it works wonderfully, everyone's happy and content and at peace just getting on with life, he's getting what he needs and you're getting what you need.

Some could say that rather than going for the "big money" now he is of course just quite happy to live and share his life with you now knowing of course that in the future he will also benefit ( and then some) which if anything just shows he's perhaps a lot smarter ( and I don't mean that in a bad way) than some of the boys that had come before him.

So, I guess this takes us full circle a bit, you'd mentioned before " I asked him why he loves me and he says I don't know" - well I think you've just answered your own question there perhaps BUT I also am happy to agree and concede that at some level I fully accept that he also DOES want to be there and it's not just about getting the last baht out of your pocket on a daily basis ( well not yet anyway) and to suggest otherwise would be doing a disservice to B who I know is a nice guy. But all that said it doesn't change the basic point of our discussion I guess as to why the boys ( in general) are there, we can kid ourselves all we want and delude ourselves that it's some form of western love that many search for but as we've both I think agreed it is more somewhere in the middle perhaps i.e. a bit of what we feel is "love" ( if you want to call it that ?) and also a simple agreement of understanding where "for this i.e money and support you get that i.e care, companionship, fun, house duties and that thing farang seem to call "love" - which all in all for the amounts discussed and the care and "love" given seems to me for both parties like not a bad deal at all !!

January 26th, 2013, 21:59
As long as there's a financial basis to an arrangement, it's probably not accurate to call it "love", though heteros use the word a lot and finances play an important role in their relationsjoips.

I enver could figure out a satisfactory definition of "love". Maybe "tender gratitude" or "sincere caring" could be used, but both are rather cumbersome. But what the hell, no matter what you call it, Neal has come to a perfect arrangemt. He cares for them and they reciprocate and it's done with "love", or at least a high degree of care/concern for the other's welfare. Wish I could have found someone like B long ago.

Brad the Impala
January 26th, 2013, 23:08
As long as there's a financial basis to an arrangement, it's probably not accurate to call it "love",

Why not? There is a financial imbalance in most relationships, are none of them "love". Or is there a particular equation that is used that allows it to be "love" at a certain level of financial balance!

rifraf
January 26th, 2013, 23:48
Neal, I am very happy for you and wish you all the best. You seem to have worked out an arrangement that is best for all involved. You deserve every bit of comfort and happiness that come your way at this point in your life. I would imagine the past disappoints provided many a good lessons for you to learn from, but it is heartening to know that it did not make you so cynical to not let anyone back into your heart. Love comes in many forms and ways as we all know. Just look at Brucenyc's relationship. And there are many other types of non-traditional relationships out there, I would imagine. In both of your cases, you have found what you deem to be love and happiness. Who am I then to venture to say otherwise? All the best to you and 'B'.

Neal
January 27th, 2013, 00:35
PS. Not trying to drag this out, I would like to let people know that this took 12 year before B found me. That's right, B found me; I did not find him. His sister sells ice cream on Jomtien Beach as I mentioned and when Heart my previous boy, who I tried to set up the handicap rental service here in Pattaya helped himself to a multitude of things in my home was asked to leave, I was near a break down. Heart still works in Pattaya in a bar that advertises so I cannot say where. I had no one to help me that wanted to clean the house and take care of my failing health and did not know where to turn. It was then that B's sister said that she would be ever so willing to take on the house and mentioned that she had a brother who used to work on the beach setting up a section and bringing food to customers and sometimes a massage and that maybe he might be willing to help at the house also as he no longer did that. As we were talking this sexy boy went past and was walking on and I mentioned he was new and that he was very attractive. "Sister" said, well that's my brother B!
B came over and said that he had been watching and waiting to talk to me for a few years but that I always had boys around me so that he never approached me. He is very shy.

For the people who still have their doubts I just need to say that I don't push him. He tells veryone he is straight and a man and I believe he is a closet gay boy. When I went to Cambodia with him (he is Cambodian and has a passport) he took some pictures and had several of his family and I framed. It sits in his room above his bed and he had words engraved on it that say, "My Cambodian family" with a large picture of me in the middle. I understand that the picture at his headboard is very very important to these boys especially if they have them at their headboard. They are people in their lives. He insists that pictures on trips are of us and not just me or he. He constantly takes photos of me and they are in his phone. I am not a person who likes photos of me because my size. It is strange for me. He wants me to move to Cambodia to Siam Reap but the hospitals do not have a dialysis doctor or machine so that is out of the question. I do find Cambodian boys very different from Thailand boys. They seem to not be as spoiled and they are more grateful than Thai boys especially those Thai boys in and around Pattaya. Please remember that it has taken me 12 years to find people like B, his sister and family and that this quest has not been overnight. I do hope it is all for the right reasons and as long as they make me happy til I go, why shouldn't I make them happy after I go? I would be pleased knowing I did. Most of the time B is with me on the beach at the Happy Place/Sawatdee Gay Thailand section 12 behind the toilets and across from Tui's place and you are welcome to visit. We have installed free wifi for our customers!

I hope that all of you eventually find your B and sister in life.

Surfcrest
January 27th, 2013, 02:02
As long as there's a financial basis to an arrangement, it's probably not accurate to call it "love", though heteros use the word a lot and finances play an important role in their relationsjoips.

On the other side of the coin, once you have a relationship built only on love, how do you factor the financial into it?

And once you do factor it in, will it be misconstrued as the basis of the relationship?

Fortunately a loving relationship is not exclusive to heterosexuals.

Surfcrest

Khor tose
January 27th, 2013, 09:29
I going on four years now with my young (30) Thai partner. I wonder what is the yardstick we should use to determine whether or not a relationship is based on love or money? Seven years, ten years, or twenty years, and yet even after twenty years I think some people would still have doubts.

January 27th, 2013, 11:21
Vietnamese partner and I are now at 13 years. Even when we met, I was past the point where any of my remaining charm and good looks could have attracted a younger man. So, yes, at the beginning he was drawn to an affluent life style. Now I think we remain together because he firmly believes it's love, though to be honest, on my side of the equation, I don't think I was ever cut out for a romantic, monogamous relationship. Money or love? I will never know. He now has enough money so that he could live modestly without any assistance from me. The fact that he chooses to remain with me could be ascribed to love, or to conscience. Who knows anything for sure in a relationship?

a447
January 27th, 2013, 13:08
Hi Bob,

Maybe it started off as a money-based relationship but over time developed into what he describes as a relationship based on love.

He now has enough money so that he could live modestly without any assistance from me. The fact that he chooses to remain with me could be ascribed to love, or to conscience.

As you said, he chooses to live with you although he doesn't need your money.

Sounds like love is involved in there somewhere.

egel
January 27th, 2013, 21:16

At 1000 bt each.... 40,000.

Assuming one a day, that should last him for 109 years and six months.

Group Sex might suit him better finacially.

BonTong
February 3rd, 2013, 13:32
More on the story here: Out-in-Thailand February 2013 - Soulmates Retreat (http://www.out-in-thailand.com/articles/soulmates-retreat/)

latintopxxx
February 4th, 2013, 20:47
sounds lovely, pity about the fall, better luck next time.

CoffeeBreak
February 6th, 2013, 09:49
More on the story here: Out-in-Thailand February 2013 - Soulmates Retreat (http://www.out-in-thailand.com/articles/soulmates-retreat/)

Excuse me for not buying into this "love in" and some of the naive postings re this topic. I have re-read a lot of the posts and the above article. Its a pity there are those who are trying to romanticise what in effect is a purely financial arrangement which will no doubt end in the usual way....be it by what will be deemed an accident, suicide etc.,unless of course there is one honest policeman or investigator around to find the truth.
The sugar daddy is lucky still to be with us and his broken leg "accident" is simply a prelude of worst disasters to come. Sooner rather than later he will not be in this world, and we know who will benefit........
And some may say the old man brings all this on himself by his throwing around and tempting Thais with ludicrously large sums of money.

cdnmatt
February 6th, 2013, 17:29

Wait a minute. The Phuket article says they met in Australia, whereas this article says they met in Thailand. Which is true?

Either way, I don't really care. Of course this isn't true love, and they're not soulmates, or any of that stuff. Regardless though, he's paid his dues, worked his years, has good money, and is allowed to do whatever the hell he wants with it. If it makes him happy, by all means go for it. It's not like it's uncommon in the West for a woman to marry for money.

I still think he's totally insane, and more than likely will end up quite hurt (or dead) over the ordeal, but up to him. An average typical white collar Thai makes what? Let's be generous and say 50k/month. That means this guy handed over 800 years of a good living wage as a dowry. So I'd say it's pretty stupid to categorize that as true love or soul-mates.

kittyboy
February 6th, 2013, 18:50

Its a pity there are those who are trying to romanticise what in effect is a purely financial arrangement which will no doubt end in the usual way....be it by what will be deemed an accident, suicide etc.,unless of course there is one honest policeman or investigator around to find the truth.
The sugar daddy is lucky still to be with us and his broken leg "accident" is simply a prelude of worst disasters to come. Sooner rather than later he will not be in this world, and we know who will benefit........
And some may say the old man brings all this on himself by his throwing around and tempting Thais with ludicrously large sums of money.

So you know the bf already tried to kill the older partner?? Are you part of the plot? or just another ignorant speculator? that is my guess. and I love the absolute certainty...no doubt in your mind that the bf will kill the older guy...fuck you are stupid.

There are very very few certainties...mostly there are probabilities. You have "No doubt" huh...fuck that is stupid.

kittyboy
February 6th, 2013, 18:57

Either way, I don't really care. Of course this isn't true love, and they're not soulmates, or any of that stuff. So I'd say it's prett y stupid to categorize that as true love or soul-mates.

You don't know these people but you know "this isn't true love, and they are not soulmates" because why? You may be correct..I have no idea..but to state that with abolute certainty on a matter in which you have no direct knowledge makes you a self-important ass.

cdnmatt
February 6th, 2013, 19:13
You don't know these people but you know "this isn't true love, and they are not soulmates" because why? You may be correct..I have no idea..but to state that with abolute certainty on a matter in which you have no direct knowledge makes you a self-important ass.

Simple. If it was true love, the Thai guy would have refused the 40 million baht dowry, because he would have cared about the farang just as much if not more than himself.

kittyboy
February 6th, 2013, 20:11

Simple. If it was true love, the Thai guy would have refused the 40 million baht dowry, because he would have cared about the farang just as much if not more than himself.

Simple..you are stating an opinion.. You have no knowledge as you do not know the parties.

I am always amazed at people who are unable to distinguish between having an opinion and knowing...they are not the same.