PDA

View Full Version : A review - Pattaya Bars

arsenal
December 3rd, 2011, 19:30
A brief review of some of the bars, restaurants etc. I visited.

The Corner Bar: Understandably looking for a new identity following the recent change of management. Noticably less cliquey than before with a greater mix of people and European music. It now feels like a bar for everyone so perhaps those who thought they semi-owned the place have moved elsewhere.

Montys Cafe Bar: I had breakfast there a couple of times and it was lovely. Nicely cooked, generous servings and good service. All for 99 Baht makes it excellent value for money.

Cuisine au Buerre: back to the high standard it was reaching a year ago. Some of the dishes I ate there included Duck a la Orange, Medallions of Beef with Garlic Butter, Caesar Salad, T-Bone Steak. Without exception the food was very good, the duck in particular was superb. Service is always friendly and the place has a nice atmosphere. A perfect example of a neighbourhood bistro.

Wild West Boys: The had just six uninterested boys on stage for aboiut five minutes before half of them left. A bar that now seems to be going through the motions prior to closing down.

X-Boys: The same as before with a vibrant, bust atmosphere and quite a few customers. They now charge 180 baht for a glass of orange squash, 200 Baht for a boys drink and 400 baht off fee.

Toy Boys/Funny Boys: I have put these two together because as far as I am concerned they are virtually identical. Both are comfortable, play pleasant music, offer nice service and have a generally good selection of clean, well mannered, good looking boys. There is nothing to dislike about either place but equally nothing exciting ever happens in them. If you just want a boy and don't want to go to bar after bar to find one then I would be surprised if you didn't find what you were looking for in one of these.

Happy Boys: Gets less interesting every time I visit.

Happy Place. Well it made me happy. A nice energy reverberates around this bar. The boys hang about outside in their zebra pants and this creates a sexy ambience throughout the place. Very high quality boys. Many of them have been there for a couple of years, they know I am not going to off them yet they still smile, say hello and come and talk to me. Well brought up boys. Very nice. Neal, great fun to talk to and a terrible gossip (you know you are Neal) and NO. I shall not reveal anything of what he told me.
The show, well I don't like any of them and this one is no exception. Lip synching to pop songs, not my ideaq of entertainment. All in all a well run bar.

Krazy Dragon: Some nights it was quiet and others busy which was standard of most of the bars throughout the city. Some nice looking boys and just like Happy Place all will come and say hello if they recognise you.

The Glass House: A new restaurant. Perfection. Will get a separate review soon.

Frenchies: Full on, energetic bar where the boys often dance topless. They play some good music and even with only a few customers the place feels busy, buzzy and fun. Actually, a really really good bar and the owner offers that warm welcome perfected by the French that British people pretend surprises them but secretly love. He greets you as if he has been awaiting your arrival for hours.

Eros: Nice refurbishment that makes the place considerably more comfortable while retaining the seedier nature of the bar. Some good looking boys both straight and fem. Quite likely to witness naked dancing later in the evening this bar is delightfully raunchy, perhaps remeniscent of bars gone by.

Jet Boys: An upstairs bar in Boyztown with mainly fem boys. Had very few customers when I was there. If you want to visit I suggest you go sooner rather than later because I suspect it will close quickly.

December 3rd, 2011, 20:07
Thanks for the review. I have not heard of Frenchies or the The Glass House. Where are these two places located please?

thanks
BFF

arsenal
December 4th, 2011, 10:21
Frenchies is on the same soi as Krazy, a couple of doors down towards The Corner Bar.
The Glass House is a new restaurant a couple of KMs outside of Pattaya towwards Sattahip. Right on the beach. Full review to follow shortly.

Dani69
December 4th, 2011, 17:10
Frenchies is on the same soi as Krazy, a couple of doors down towards The Corner Bar.
The Glass House is a new restaurant a couple of KMs outside of Pattaya towwards Sattahip. Right on the beach. Full review to follow shortly.

Think he means Sky Restaurant and Bar ( seen boys dance topless there) - never heard of Frenchies and I just back from there

newalaan
December 4th, 2011, 18:14
A brief review of some of the bars, restaurants etc. I visitedYes a vote of thanks from me too for the review. Updated reviews are of value to those who visit and don't have that much time when on holiday to go around finding out for themsevles as there are really so many gay places/venues now in the Pattaya area, and that's despite the negative delusions from a few on the forums who would have us believe gay Pattaya is in it's death-thoes.

arsenal
December 5th, 2011, 09:06
Dani69

You may be right. I was in the bar and I asked one of the waiters what it was called and he told me Frenchies. Anyway whetever it's called it's worth a visit.

TravellerDave
December 6th, 2011, 12:13
I visited Eros during my recent November trip hoping to find a selection of femmes and looking to off. However I found the boys not to be attractive and a bit aggressive. No sooner had I sat down than one sat next to me and thrust his cock into my hand. I drank up rather quickly and left.

anonone
December 6th, 2011, 16:41
A brief review of some of the bars, restaurants etc. I visited.
I will add my comments based on a late November / early December Pattaya visit.

It would be great for anyone else with recent experience to post your thoughts on these bars...or any others.

Marsha-old
December 7th, 2011, 21:04
Went to The Glass House restaurant tonight. Easy to find, but not ideal if you have not got a car. The roads are very dark, so don't suggest motorbike.
The food was good and well priced. Portions on the starters are very big, so don't order to much.
The settings is lovely and well worth seeing.

Only criticism is that the staff are not well trained and there was no one watching over them. Main course arrived while we were still on our starters. Also had to keep getting up to get our wine and pour it into our glass. Don't get me wrong, the place is very good and the selection of staff are very cute to the eye. Just a few things that need attention.

Well worth a look on your visit.

Dboy
December 9th, 2011, 02:49
Is Jim Jimmy James open yet?

loke
December 9th, 2011, 14:39
. No sooner had I sat down than one sat next to me and thrust his cock into my hand. I drank up rather quickly and left.

Nice , this must be a new trend in go go bars.

Im sure it will attract more customers.

Brisboy82
December 9th, 2011, 17:10
. No sooner had I sat down than one sat next to me and thrust his cock into my hand. I drank up rather quickly and left.

Nice , this must be a new trend in go go bars.

Im sure it will attract more customers.

I also left Eros in a hurry as a boy I had no interest in came over and smothered me

anonone
December 9th, 2011, 17:28
Is Jim Jimmy James open yet?
It was not open as of last week. I have not heard that this was opening back up. Did not seem to be any activity there.

andrewcraig
December 10th, 2011, 08:59
Me and my friends spent more time in Sunee this trip and had a good time. The straight guys liked the ladyboy bar in soi17 and the Sky bar was a happy compromise for all of us.

str8 mates were a bit shocked when the barman came out of the bar to flash his hard on. for 100 baht They even paid a couple of times just for fun
thinks it is a great way to pay for the next trip. me, I hope it catches on in the footy club Ill even pay some of the guys to check out their hard ons.

we avoided the show bars this time, been there done that liked the jomtien area but next trip we will come close to sunee went to a lot of small bars but sky bar was the only one we all liked

met a guy who said the penthoudse suite at mosaik is great for a group. will have to check it out

lonelywombat
December 15th, 2011, 05:45
Me and my friends spent more time in Sunee this trip and had a good time. The straight guys liked the ladyboy bar in soi17 and the Sky bar was a happy compromise for all of us.

I am finding it difficult to find the name of the ladyboybay although I think it is opposite Little Mango and back towards Sunee.

Nicky does not list the bar

Arsenal Frenchies also seems to be difficult to find in Sunee .

December 15th, 2011, 06:55

I am finding it difficult to find the name of the ladyboybay although I think it is opposite Little Mango and back towards Sunee.

Nicky does not list the bar

Arsenal Frenchies also seems to be difficult to find in Sunee .

I believe the ladyboy bar is called Famous Bar.

lonelywombat
December 15th, 2011, 07:30

I believe the ladyboy bar is called Famous Bar.

Stupid me I was told the bar was famous. Did not realize that was the name.The ladyboys Ive seen when I have walked past looked good.

francois
December 15th, 2011, 09:05

Famous Bar, yes close to Little Mango restaurant on Soi VC/17.

December 15th, 2011, 11:09
The bar known as Frenchies actually has a very small neon sign that reads "Come In Bar." The sign is rather high up and difficult to notice. It is operated by the very charming and outgoing David (who is French and will make you feel like a regular on your first visit) and his very handsome Thai boyfriend (sorry, his name escapes me at the moment), who can usually be found behind the bar most nights. It is located nearly right across from Corner Bar.

December 15th, 2011, 12:43
The bar known as Frenchies actually has a very small neon sign that reads "Come In Bar." The sign is rather high up and difficult to notice. It is operated by the very charming and outgoing David (who is French and will make you feel like a regular on your first visit) and his very handsome Thai boyfriend (sorry, his name escapes me at the moment), who can usually be found behind the bar most nights. It is located nearly right across from Corner Bar.

David's boyfriend's name is Pong and a nice man he is too. How did Come In acquire the name Frenchies ?

December 15th, 2011, 15:19
.... How did Come In acquire the name Frenchies ?

Cast your mind back to around the time of World War Two, dear.

In those days the word "condom" was regarded as vulgar - the polite thing to do was to Come In a Frenchie.

:evil4:

December 15th, 2011, 15:35
.... How did Come In acquire the name Frenchies ?

Cast your mind back to around the time of World War Two, dear.

In those days the word "condom" was regarded as vulgar - the polite thing to do was to Come In a Frenchie.

:evil4:

Thank you for the information dear, but I am not old enough to remember WWII. :)

December 15th, 2011, 15:36
You are much too modest.

:sign5:

December 15th, 2011, 15:40
You are much too modest.

No, actually that is the truth but just barely :tongue3:

pennyboy
December 15th, 2011, 17:49
I understood Frenchies was a name given to Sky Bar and Restaurant by one of the boys who worked there and does not refer to Come In Bar.