PDA

View Full Version : Bangkokbois Blog: worth discovering ...

Smiles
December 1st, 2011, 10:41
The Bangkokbois Blog is a nice reading excursion as long as you are willing to trip over a plethora of pithy (but well-written) observations which may or may not make your Farang hot heart boil. (Good! it needs a stirring once in awhile).
But besides that, lots of canny thoughts on this country's crazy, and not-so crazy, natures.
Folks who write these blogs often love Thailand with all the blemishes (as I do) and frankly, those are the places I enjoy going the most for a decent read: one which by passes by the sentimental and focuses on the glistening and the muddy stuff which defines the Thailand adventure . . . through a Farang eye.

Granted, it's a rather a rather clumsy task navigating through this Blog, but well worth the effort. Best idea is to log on at this page http://bangkokbois.wordpress.com/2011/1 ... omment-949 (http://bangkokbois.wordpress.com/2011/10/10/chicken-little-is-alive-and-well-on-the-gay-message-boards-but-not-for-long/#comment-949) and then click on the Posts-sorted-by-Month sidebar located on the right. You'll find it somewhere there, after three of four kilometers of scrolling.

Here are a number of the different topics (many accompanied by really excellent photography). And Lots more if you hit on the above link and peruse the 'By Month' goldmine.

From November:

Luang Prabang Morning Market[/*:m:33xjuwak]
Rolling On The River: The Chao Phraya Riverboats[/*:m:33xjuwak]
Monk Shot! #36 (one of a series I assume)[/*:m:33xjuwak]
Four Degrees Of Sexparation (not about Thailand)[/*:m:33xjuwak]
I Fell In Love With A Bar Boy: To A Tee[/*:m:33xjuwak]
End Of The Week #15 (Another series. November's 'end' is, unfortunately, not a Thai tail)[/*:m:33xjuwak]
T.G.I.B.F.[/*:m:33xjuwak]

Some random picks from many months ago:

Eye Candy: Thick Headed Bulge[/*:m:33xjuwak]
I Fell In Love With a Bar Boy: A Death in Thailand[/*:m:33xjuwak]
A Rose Is A Rose, But A Boy Is Not A Boy[/*:m:33xjuwak]
The Unfriendly Skies of Air Asia[/*:m:33xjuwak]
Picking a Hotel in Bangkok: Lessons Learned[/*:m:33xjuwak]
Chicken Little Is Alive And Well On The Gay Message Boards . . . But Not For Long[/*:m:33xjuwak]
Etc etc etc etc [/*:m:33xjuwak]

Here and there you'll also find scathing and funny comments on the various gay Thailand message boards (i.e. 'Choke that Chicken!' Above), as well as gratuitous insults aimed shotgun-style towards many members thereof (including 'Smiles'and other assorted icons-of-twaddle: the most memorable of which is regarding our own dear Beachlover ... the quintessential adorer-of-his-own-opinion(s).
The undaunted crew at GaybuttonThai and the pack of hounds at Baht Stop are right up there in the sights as well.

FYI (and protection): BangkokBoi (I will call him 'Bois' even though 'he' could easily be a woman or katoey. Who knows?) does inhabit this Board on occasion, under a rather opaque handle.
Is he looking for easy targets? Of course!! And this is the place :argue:
__________________________________________________ _________________________

Lesson #367: never trust a guy who uses the word 'plethora' in a post.

Rush, Yet Again
December 3rd, 2011, 01:24
Thanks Smiles.
I think.
And suddenly I get that tethered goat feeling . . .

pong
December 3rd, 2011, 07:14
word of caution: has been named here before-when it has shortly started. As other blogs have died one by one-this is one of the few remaining. At first time there was a lot of spat/strife, as writer was not toomkind and liked to mock regulkar posters-I have not followed, so i hope this has stopped-mayb out of sheer boredom. Just hope this is not a reopening of that same old can of worms