PDA

View Full Version : Funny Boys - Honest Feedback Please

SlaveDriver
November 30th, 2011, 12:04
Lots of hype about this Bar

Any frank and honest feedback guys ? :party

November 30th, 2011, 14:34
I have not been to Funny Boys in about 1 1/2 year as I now have a bar of my own and boys to take care of BUT before that Funny Boys and A Bomb were my two most favorite bars. Both as I remember them were very well run bars with pleasant mamasans.

November 30th, 2011, 15:21
Well you asked for honesty.....

On the plus side - good drinks, well run, extremely clean (can't say THAT about many places).
Boys tell me the management treat them well, and they like to work there.

On the minus side - doesn't seem as busy as it used to be, seems fewer boys and the age/bodytype range of boys not so attractive to me as say 5 years ago (same as everywhere in BT though).
Owner/s very stand-offish, unfriendly - only interested in talking to pals and other business owners - never says hello to "ordinary" customers.

If it closed tomorrow I would regard it as unfortunate but no great loss.

:occasion9:

newalaan
November 30th, 2011, 16:19
Lots of hype about this BarI dont think it's fair to say there has been 'hype'. I think you have mistaken honest opinions and reviews for hype. Most of the positive feedback is justified. It is one of the, if not the most comfortable agogos with good upholstery and cushions, good views of the stage, toilet is pristine. Mamasan helpful if required, unobtrusive if not. Consistantly good range of boys over a number of years, good waiting staff of whom many have been there for a long time too.

Although I can't really find much to fault, I used to go regularly over the years as I've know a few of the boys there from Boyztown and for the occassional off, more recently it's been off my list, mainly due the the fact i'm hooked up already so if i do go to an agogo it's just for a drink and the atmosphere which unfortunately for me is sadly lacking there. It's very sterile, the music is far too SOFT so you can hear the boys talk amongst themselves but worse is you are subjected to the ramblings of other farang customers, especially the louder types who like to hear themselves who are normally drowned out by the music. If I want a fun bar to go to it's Nice Boys/Mymic or Happy Place.

No point in discussing the type of boys there as everyone has differing tastes, but there is usually plenty to choose from.

Not quite sure why you are bothering to ask really, the best way to find out is just go there yourself, it's only the cost of one inexpensive drink if you find you don't like it.

lukylok
November 30th, 2011, 18:40
It is always a personnal feeling. I had not been very convinced previously by Funny Boys and find this time that I am there often. The mamasan is not more a liar than elsewhere and leaves you alone if you ask. The place is very confortable and very clean. And I have had a few very good encounters. Pay it a visit and make your own opinion.

frequentflier
November 30th, 2011, 21:33
On my last visit in october I decided to try and visit as many go go bars as possible.I went to s. plaza jomtien complex and boyztown..I have to say Funny boys was the best for service and comfort..people will argue about prices between the various venues but I found F.Boys the best.As for the boys themselves that is a personal preference and depends what you are looking for.The manager there is very good..just my opinion.

SlaveDriver
December 1st, 2011, 00:02
Thanks guys for yhour inputs. Very constructive and professional :party

goji
December 1st, 2011, 01:29
Funny Boys is possibly the best bar in town for selection of guys.

colmx
December 1st, 2011, 06:06
Owner/s very stand-offish, unfriendly - only interested in talking to pals and other business owners - never says hello to "ordinary" customers.
Definately agree strongly with this point... Owner seems to almost go out of his way to look down on those that he considers to be outsiders in his Private club

On the other hand mama Rose is great and is someone that i have never heard a bad word about in 10 years of visiting pattaya... and funny boys always has a consistant bunch of goos looking guys... with something for everyone

But for me funny boys is boring nice eye candy but atmosphere is awful... Puff the magic dragon died in the 70's and his music should have died with him... it does NOT belong in a gogo bar!

Its the kind of place i would visit when i am looking for a a One-night-stand... but not the kind of place i would choose to spend multiple nights or drink a bottle of whiskey in....

As NewAlaan points out... Nice Boys/Mic my/Happy Place are the place for that... always good atmosphere, welcoming attitude and fun guys

December 1st, 2011, 09:36
Hi guys,

I must put my two pennys worth in here!

I was a hotel and bar owner and did used to frequent Funnyboys.I think, on occasion, we were all guilty of being a little bit cliquey because we had similar businesses, interests and our lives were intermingled because of this.

What I must say the quality of boys and standards of cleanliness and friendliness to me were outstanding when I used to go in there.

When I ended up in the big house, I was visited regularly be both Tim and David from Oscars bar, now at Le Casfe Royale. It's a bloody fair trek to Bangkok from Pattaya.

I rate them both as diamond geezers!! lol.

Sometimes as well, please don't mistake aloofness as rude, sometimes it can be a self preservation mechanism for shyness. I know.

December 1st, 2011, 16:57
Kevin, I would have to say that shy and retiring people who find it difficult to comunicate are maybe not making the best career choice by opening/running a people-orientated business such as a relatively small bar or club!

Now I would not dream of telling YOU (or other bar owners on SGT) how to run a bar or club, but I would have thought that being on the premises and , more importantly, being seen to be on the premises (as opposed to being seen spending the night in everybody else's premises) would be high on the "must-do" list for any resident bar owner, with " interacting with customers" not far behind.

In fact I'd go further than that - in BT we are not talking about bars with 1000 clients every night - if the Owner is seen to be on the premises and just ignores "ordinary" Clients whilst greeting his own little clique effusively, then (in my view) he is downright rude and I will not go back. Note: an in-depth conversation with every Customer is not required - a simple "hello" or nod of the head in acknowledgement will suffice - example Happy Place.

I'm not backward at coming forward and I had this out many years ago with the Lebanese who owned the Lotus Hotel in Chiang Mai. For 10 days he ignored 2 paying guests at the garden bar every evening whilst he fawned over his mates in the local tea-set who arrived every night and spent 3 hours drinking a coke. I got an apology but I never went back.

I doubt if the basic rules of business are any different for bars than they are for any other "retail" establishment - and one of those is that you value your Clients and make sure that the Client knows that he is valued. In that way the Client returns and brings more Clients with him.

Now, if I just had the money........................ :sign5:

December 1st, 2011, 23:53
hI Scotty,

OK, point taken.

I am sorry if that occurred but he was a good man to me!

anonone
December 2nd, 2011, 08:24
I can honestly say that I have never even realized the owner was on premises at FBs.

I am warmly greeted by Rose every time and he seems to remember me. This is pretty impressive as I do not get to spend as much time in Thailand as some other posters.

There are some bars where the owner is a prominent fixture, but I place more value on the level of service regardless of who is providing it. In all my visits to FBs, I have never felt slighted by not having an owner glad-handing at the entrance.

gerefan2
December 2nd, 2011, 08:46
I like it but as other posters say it can get boring.
Why dont they do a show? They are one of the few that dont but, on the other hand, it always seems to be busy.
Maybe thats why!
I suppose its the place to go if all you want is an off, but not the place to spend an evening.
Seems that most customers only stay for a short time.
Agreed... best bog in Thailand!

lonelywombat
December 2nd, 2011, 09:28
I can honestly say that I have never even realized the owner was on premises at FBs.

I am warmly greeted by Rose every time and he seems to remember me. This is pretty impressive as I do not get to spend as much time in Thailand as some other posters.

There are some bars where the owner is a prominent fixture, but I place more value on the level of service regardless of who is providing it. In all my visits to FBs, I have never felt slighted by not having an owner glad-handing at the entrance.

If it closed tomorrow I would regard it as unfortunate but no great loss.

I cant believe that people feel slighted that their importance is not recognized by the owner. Probably the same people that gave it to Richard for doing just that at his restaurant. What is the bar owner going to do. Give you advice on which boys can bottom, has a big cock or whatever. Is he going to annoy other people that are sitting next to you, with his wittty conversation whilst blocking the view of the boys. That is what he employs a mamasan for.
Would he need a work permit if he tried to do the mamasan's job? And Rose does it very well.

I dont need my ego stroked by bar owners, and am pleased he stays away. As for Happyplace bar, except when I had a message from an advertiser, I have never seen Neal in his bar and dont feel slighted he was not at the door to greet me. I have been there many times.

December 2nd, 2011, 10:04
Just commenting on a few of the things people have been saying.....
Its nice when someone recognizes you but the mamasan can do that chore quite easily. Isnt it nice that one bar may have very low music and another more like a disco etc? The same goes for a show. Some people enjoy a show and about 50% do not want a show and are there only for a drink and possibly take someone off.
Wouldn't it get boring if the music in all the bars was at one level or the people who do not like a show had to cope with show times in every bar? Here the people who like shows go to show bars and the people who dont, go to regular bars. Same goes for music. Not eveyone's taste are the same and its up to the bar owners what type of clientele and niche they want to make. I say there is room enough for everyone but not room enough for same same, same same same same.
:dontknow:

Beachlover
December 2nd, 2011, 19:15
the music is far too SOFT
See, Justme... look at the earful you'd get if you turned the music DOWN! :rolling:

pennyboy
December 2nd, 2011, 19:30
Sorry lonely but who said anything about engaging in witty conversation with a bar owner?

When i have been to Happy Place and if Neal is sitting outside he always acknowledges my visit. Among other bars the owners of Come In and the new Sky Bar always come and shake my hand and welcome me to their bar. That takes a couple of seconds and then they leave me in peace. I think it's a decent gesture and certainly does not make me feel "important" I simply feel welcome. Is that so bad?

December 2nd, 2011, 19:49
Sorry lonely but who said anything about engaging in witty conversation with a bar owner?

When i have been to Happy Place and if Neal is sitting outside he always acknowledges my visit. Among other bars the owners of Come In and the new Sky Bar always come and shake my hand and welcome me to their bar. That takes a couple of seconds and then they leave me in peace. I think it's a decent gesture and certainly does not make me feel "important" I simply feel welcome. Is that so bad?

You've got it in one, Pennyboy.

Wombat, it is not a matter of feeling important - there's lots of places I can spend my money and if I'm made to feel unwelcome or that my custom is unappreciated then I'll go somewhere my custom is appreciated.

As I said earlier and Pennyboy has re-inforced, a simple nod or acknowledgement is all that is required

As far as the establishment is concerned, it's simply good business sense for goodness sake - I'm astonished you don't realise that.

Further, I have little desire to talk to or be entertained by most Mamasans (whose primary function is to secure "offs" for the bar.
Similarly I have no interest in establishing who has the biggest cock or who takes it up the chute - don't judge others by your own standards, dear.

martin911
December 2nd, 2011, 23:35

I would tend to agree with the above --over the last 9 years or so i have been into FBs many many times -- its als clean/music ok/and als a large selection of guys( the place never seems empty) -- one of the better run bars i think --its als consistent
I go into the bar to look/take off sometimes the Thai guys that are there !!! -- not to have some owner come over and make usless small talk while im having a look at what is on stage !!

I am not fully sure who the owner even is -nor do i care !!! ---- why would i if he is not a cute sexy young thai guy -- for fecks sake there are enough middle aged farang bar owners in all our home towns !!!

I am not one that needs my ego satisified by the boss coming over for what at most would be half hearted welcome or whatever -- There is enough falseness in Pattaya as it is !!! --

So in essence to the OP --Funnyboys is one of the better run bars in Pattaya (IMHO)

December 3rd, 2011, 01:57
Actually, there are some of us who are out for a few drinks and entertainment
Whereas there seems to be others who are best described as desperate whores gagging for cock and who regard "small talk" as nothing more than an obstacle to getting the largest possible dick past their sphincter in the shortest possible time.

Feel free to categorise yourselves.

lukylok
December 3rd, 2011, 08:14
Being there last night, I can tell you that Funny has increased the off fee to 400 bahts, "as all the bars in the vicinity", meaning I suppose Boystown strictly speaking.

Neal
December 3rd, 2011, 11:13
Not all the bars in the Boyztown vicinity have raised their off fee to 400.

lonelywombat
December 3rd, 2011, 12:53

Happyplace is a go go bar. If Neal is sitting outside his bar he says hello as you walk in. Come In and Sky Bars are not go go and I see no problem with that,Funny Boys is a go go and the conversation is about the ownerwho is inside.

Id be pissed off if the owner of a go go bar went around the bar shaking and passing the time of day, with the gay hi so. Patrons come in to look at the boys and select one, that is his business. If you want to be acknowledged, then say hello before you sit down, instread of acting like a queen on a throne, waiting to receive homage.

December 3rd, 2011, 15:41
.... Patrons come in to look at the boys and select one, that is his business. If you want to be acknowledged, then say hello before you sit down, instread of acting like a queen on a throne, waiting to receive homage.

Again I say, speak for yourself!

I don't go in solely to "select" a boy - I go in for a drink and entertainment.
In a gogo bar the "entertainment" are in their knickers admittedly - but I don't come out at night thinking "OMG I must get into a gogo bar right away and get my hole" I am not some kind of rutting wild animal who must be satisfied!

Now as far as FB, specifically, is concerned - the owner is not there 90% of the time, he makes occasional "appearances" in between strolling up and down Soi 3 and visiting every other bar.
I really do not think that it is too much to expect that when he finally comes into his own bar, that he acknowledges his patrons - not by witty banter or even handshaking - (and I have said this several times now) a simple nod is sufficient.
Please indicate how this expectation is in any way unreasonable and how it amounts to anything other than simply seeking good service and good manners :dontknow:

latintopxxx
December 3rd, 2011, 17:14
the only time i want some annoying mamasan or brothel...oops bar owner paying any attention to me is when I need a translater.....to explain to the bubble butted fuck toy I'm renting what i expect from him.....make sure he understands I'm not looking for a bj and cuddle...
Scotty-ga;., if you want attention and adoration get yourself a dog....

December 3rd, 2011, 17:25
the only time i want some annoying mamasan or brothel...oops bar owner paying any attention to me is when I need a translater.....to explain to the bubble butted fuck toy I'm renting what i expect from him.....make sure he understands I'm not looking for a bj and cuddle...

I sincerely hope YOU never get a dog.

You'd probably fuck it, call it a bitch, and throw a bone on the floor as you leave.

PeterUK
December 3rd, 2011, 17:29

You'd probably fuck it, call it a bitch, and throw a bone on the floor as you leave.

I think he prefers ponies.

December 3rd, 2011, 17:34

I am not sure I know of any bar, mamasan, or owner that would relish the thought of you going into their bar and taking one of their boys off for what it seems you enjoy. I could be wrong but I would think that these types of boys might be found in the streets, the beach or elsewhere. Certainly not the bars that pop into my mind.

Khor tose
December 3rd, 2011, 17:37

Come on Scottish guy, this weasel does not have a bone in his body, especially where it counts. If he could get it on, he would not be spending all of his time on this board making it up as he goes. What ever happened to "DON'T FEED THE TROLLS?" I can't think of a greater waste of time, then replying to this wacko. :banghead:

December 3rd, 2011, 18:02
Come on Scottish guy, this weasel does not have a bone in his body, especially where it counts. If he could get it on, he would not be spending all of his time on this board making it up as he goes. What ever happened to "DON'T FEED THE TROLLS?" I can't think of a greater waste of time, then replying to this wacko. :banghead:

point taken!

lukylok
December 3rd, 2011, 18:40
Not all the bars in the Boyztown vicinity have raised their off fee to 400.

I only thought of the BBB/Copa trust.... I have all the good reasons to know that very little further away, the off fees have stayed the same. :salute:

daa raa
December 3rd, 2011, 20:52
I have always been greeted warmly at Funny Boys, usually by name. Many of the waiters and staff know my name and some even know what I drink. Mamasan Rose always greets me with a smile and chats a little, but does not bother me. The bar is always very clean, the restrooms as well. I only go to Thailand twice a year, but I am always remembered here. They treat me very well even though I rarely off anyone. I know who the owner is, but don't recall ever being acknowledged by him. This does not bother me as I am there to enjoy the staff and not him.

martin911
December 3rd, 2011, 23:59
.... Patrons come in to look at the boys and select one, that is his business. If you want to be acknowledged, then say hello before you sit down, instread of acting like a queen on a throne, waiting to receive homage.

Again I say, speak for yourself!

I don't go in solely to "select" a boy - I go in for a drink and entertainment.
In a gogo bar the "entertainment" are in their knickers admittedly - but I don't come out at night thinking "OMG I must get into a gogo bar right away and get my hole" I am not some kind of rutting wild animal who must be satisfied!

Now as far as FB, specifically, is concerned - the owner is not there 90% of the time, he makes occasional "appearances" in between strolling up and down Soi 3 and visiting every other bar.
I really do not think that it is too much to expect that when he finally comes into his own bar, that he acknowledges his patrons - not by witty banter or even handshaking - (and I have said this several times now) a simple nod is sufficient.
Please indicate how this expectation is in any way unreasonable and how it amounts to anything other than simply seeking good service and good manners :dontknow:

RE the owner
SO you are bascily saying that opun entering his bar that you would expect him to go up and down the 2 aisles like some type of nodding donkey so as to appease all those that require some form of acknowledgment ????

Using your logic he would have to do that with all customers ?? yes ? --(a nod)
Is there not enough good manners shown on behalf of the bar by Rose and other members of the staff ????

Fuck im damm glad i dont have to deal with the general public in my own profression --!! i wouldnt have the patience for their whims lol

a447
December 4th, 2011, 08:32
If he could get it on, he would not be spending all of his time on this board making it up as he goes.

Exactly the point I've been making on another thread in the Global forum, where he finally proved beyond doubt that he has been lying.

With all that "auditing' he's doing (he's an international auditor. Remember?...hehe), you wonder how he finds the time to ride the boys "like ponies." Of course, he doesn't do either. He sits alone in a room playing out his fantasies on this board. Common sense would tell you that he if flew around the world abusing streetwise boys like he boasts he does, he'd have found himself lying in a back alley with a knife in his back by now.

In the case of this "auditor' nothing seems to add up.

Well, at least he's roped in Beachlover, who thinks he's genuine. He'd surely by now be the only one left.

PeterUK
December 4th, 2011, 13:48
He sits alone in a room playing out his fantasies on this board.

Okay, I'll join in the party game (like most expats I have time on my hands). For my money latintopxxx is speaking the truth about his sexploits. If he was a fantasist I would expect him to linger in much more detail than he generally does over what he gets up to with his pick-ups. In fact, most of his posts, over a long period, have been quite brief and to the point and give the impression of having been written in haste. He often mentions areas of different countries where cheap pick-ups can be found. It is not remarkable to me that boys can be had very cheaply if one is prepared to bargain hard and tolerate a lot of rejection (as he says he does). There are always going to be desperate boys. What I would find surprising is if our boastful sadistic psychopath has never had to deal with violence against himself, either in his room or outside later. That would seem to be an occupational hazard in his case.

December 4th, 2011, 16:42
RE the owner
SO you are bascily saying that opun entering his bar that you would expect him to go up and down the 2 aisles like some type of nodding donkey so as to appease all those that require some form of acknowledgment ????

Is there not enough good manners shown on behalf of the bar by Rose and other members of the staff ????

Fuck im damm glad i dont have to deal with the general public in my own profression --!! i wouldnt have the patience for their whims lol

I feel sure he could mange a nod to one side of the bar and a smile to the other - do you really think that's an unreasonable expectation?
Plenty of other owners seem to manage to be pleasant and friendly - why not this one?

The boys manage to acknowledge the customers,and this "Rose" character (don't recall who that is - obviously makes a big impression)
apparently manages to do likewise - why can't the Boss?

Martin, I'm not in the least surprised you don't work with the public but (in reverse) you make exactly the right point - if somebody CHOOSES to have a business which relies on the public and they then CHOOSE to show their face - then at least put a fucking smile on it

December 4th, 2011, 21:50
RE the owner

I feel sure he could mange a nod to one side of the bar and a smile to the other - do you really think that's an unreasonable expectation?
Plenty of other owners seem to manage to be pleasant and friendly - why not this one?

The boys manage to acknowledge the customers,and this "Rose" character (don't recall who that is - obviously makes a big impression)
apparently manages to do likewise - why can't the Boss?

Martin, I'm not in the least surprised you don't work with the public but (in reverse) you make exactly the right point - if somebody CHOOSES to have a business which relies on the public and they then CHOOSE to show their face - then at least put a fucking smile on it

I think we know what your take on it all is now Scotty!!!.......................... :notworthy:

frequentflier
December 5th, 2011, 01:56
Really dont understand what all the fuss is about the owner acknowledging your presence in their bars...I have never looked for or would I expect the owner to say HELLO.I only go for a drink or to see the guys on stage..Could not careless who owns the place.Why should Funny boys be any different?...For me its still the best place..

December 5th, 2011, 04:26
Right:

The owner of Funny Boys is the most wonderful man on the planet - Jesus Christ pales into insignificance when compared to him.

His witty banter and gregarious personality light up a room as soon as he enters - no, in fact before he enters.

Quite why Soi3 bother to have those coloured lights is a mystery when the aura emanating from Hans the Magnificent is sufficient to illuminate most of Pattaya.

The bar itself is quite simply the best gay bar in the Universe with the best boys and the best staff.
Mama Rose is an angel sent from heaven itself, and I do hear that when one goes for a shit in the toilet it is holy water in the bowl.

Happy now?

martin911
December 5th, 2011, 04:33
Right:

The owner of Funny Boys is the most wonderful man on the planet - Jesus Christ pales into insignificance when compared to him.

His witty banter and gregarious personality light up a room as soon as he enters - no, in fact before he enters.

Quite why Soi3 bother to have those coloured lights is a mystery when the aura emanating from Hans the Magnificent is sufficient to illuminate most of Pattaya.

The bar itself is quite simply the best gay bar in the Universe with the best boys and the best staff.
Mama Rose is an angel and I do hear that when one goes for a shit in the toilet it is holy water in the bowl.

Happy now?

Did your nannny not pay you enough attention when you were in the nursery when you were young --is this where all the need to be acknowledged all stems from LOL ???
(sorry couldnt resist 555 )

December 5th, 2011, 08:01
Right:

Mama Rose is an angel sent from heaven itself, and I do hear that when one goes for a shit in the toilet it is holy water in the bowl.

Happy now?

Scotty,

I think you are talking about one partner and I am talking about the other one!!..................... :dontknow:

ultimo
December 5th, 2011, 08:30
Right:

I think you are talking about one partner and I am talking about the other one!!..................... :dontknow:

A point well made...there are , as he said TWO partners and they are Worlds apart in terms of "front of house" manner!!.
Plus when I go in Rose is always attentive to the right point so I am more than happy if the place is left in her hands.

December 5th, 2011, 19:24
I know who the owner is, but don't recall ever being acknowledged by him. This does not bother me as I am there to enjoy the staff and not him.More very good and helpful info on this forum about bars. Good reviews about this bar too. Just why anyone feels the need to be acknowledged by the owner of a bar is a strange trait, its the last thing on my mind when going to a bar. Why is this scottish-guy making an issue of something which has nothing to do with enjoyment of the place, bit seems to be all about him not being fawned over. It seems also that his information is not accurate.

Sad really when posters just can't give a review on an establishment without bringing in their own fussy, nitpicking attitude into the post. Now a large proportion of the posts here are about that poster and his sad attempts at justifying his pointless remarks instead of being about the actual venue. It is one of the reasons many lurkers like myself sometimes can't be bothered posting information.

martin911
December 6th, 2011, 03:06
[quote="daa raa":2ktl9kqo]I know who the owner is, but don't recall ever being acknowledged by him. This does not bother me as I am there to enjoy the staff and not him.More very good and helpful info on this forum about bars. Good reviews about this bar too. Just why anyone feels the need to be acknowledged by the owner of a bar is a strange trait, its the last thing on my mind when going to a bar. Why is this scottish-guy making an issue of something which has nothing to do with enjoyment of the place, bit seems to be all about him not being fawned over. It seems also that his information is not accurate.

Sad really when posters just can't give a review on an establishment without bringing in their own fussy, nitpicking attitude into the post. Now a large proportion of the posts here are about that poster and his sad attempts at justifying his pointless remarks instead of being about the actual venue. It is one of the reasons many lurkers like myself sometimes can't be bothered posting information.[/quote:2ktl9kqo]

wow --such in depth intiution and only your SECOND post !!!! --- you seem to have a big opinion against Scotty -- who is unlike you a long term and highly poster !!!

Lurker OR ?????

lonelywombat
December 6th, 2011, 08:44
More very good and helpful info on this forum about bars. Good reviews about this bar too. Just why anyone feels the need to be acknowledged by the owner of a bar is a strange trait, its the last thing on my mind when going to a bar. Why is this scottish-guy making an issue of something which has nothing to do with enjoyment of the place, bit seems to be all about him not being fawned over. It seems also that his information is not accurate.

Sad really when posters just can't give a review on an establishment without bringing in their own fussy, nitpicking attitude into the post. Now a large proportion of the posts here are about that poster and his sad attempts at justifying his pointless remarks instead of being about the actual venue. It is one of the reasons many lurkers like myself sometimes can't be bothered posting information.

Did not take long for someone to have a shot at you, but as you have been reading but not posting you have already realized this disease. Elsewhere it has been pointed out that viewers have increased by almost 50% in the last 3 months. What has not been raised is the numbers who are signing inn, has halved in the same time. Justme has had to introduce a rewards scheme for those that post to keep posts coming in. Take no notice of the negativity. Continue as a posting member, they will attack some else before long.

To be frank I cannot imagine a customer sitting with one eye on the door and one eye on the boys, just in case the owner walked in and you missed his nod.

Beachlover
December 6th, 2011, 11:04
Scottish... you're copping a pasting in this thread! Let me reach under that kilt and give a little moral support. :rolling:

Tough titties... that's what a forum's for. It's a dynamic user-generated content site, not a wiki or some linear review site. Discussions like this are what drive engagement and draw people to participate.

Personally, I think Scottish's complaint was just over-dramatised by people like LonelyWombat (who ironically then bitched about how this discussion turned out) so that it would sound more ridiculous than it really was.

December 6th, 2011, 21:21
Hi Guys,

Well just for my pal Scotty, When I get the next venue open, it will be the nods to the left and the smiles to the right.........................just like the House of Commons!!... :laughing3:

Manforallseasons
December 7th, 2011, 10:58
Why would anyone care if the owner acknowledged you or not? I am in the bar to see the boys, as for the Mamasan I simply say if I need you I'll call you over. :dontknow:

lonelywombat
December 7th, 2011, 12:27
Personally, I think Scottish's complaint was just over-dramatised by people like LonelyWombat (who ironically then bitched about how this discussion turned out) so that it would sound more ridiculous than it really was.

Why is a lesbian even commenting on a go go bar. As you have plenty of time on your hands,show me where I bitched

December 7th, 2011, 15:55
Beachlover is completely right - all I did was post honest feedback (as requested).
Included in that feedback was my opinion that the owner is unfriendly - and I gave reasons for saying so.
I also said that the bar had its good points.

Moving on to "the owner" - well, new poster "Johnny Foreigner" is quite obviously an interested party so let me tackle his points:
A "review" my dear is most often all about personal opinion, not an objective appraisal, so I don't know where you are coming from in complaining that I introduced my "fussy nitpicking" - it's my review and I'll be as fussy and nitpicking as I want.
The "information" I gave regarding "the owner" was not incorrect - I was aware there were two, although lately I have seen one of them a lot more than the other - it is clear to me which one I have been referring to (and if you look hard in my various comments, you will even find the name).

Now to the other detractors:
You have blown my original comment out of all proportion - what I originally said was the owner was stand-offish and never said "hello" to customers - end of story. This is 100% true, I stand by it and I'm not the only one who thinks so.
This simple statement has been blown up by others into suggestions that I expect the owner to engage in witty banter, extended conversations, bowing and grovelling to the customers, walking up, down, and around the bar nodding to each customer when he appears - none of which I ever suggested.
I do think that it is good manners, that if an owner who wishes to have a public face (as this one does), comes into his own bar he might acknowledge the customers.

The most ludicrous aspect of the criticism that has been directed at what was a single, innocuous, sentence in my "review" is the suggestion that expecting the owner to acknowledge his clients is unreasonable - so I will give an example (you may consider it relevant):
Most of the SGT members are experienced travellers and many will have travelled in Germany for example.
In many German bars (even in the heart of the Gay scene in Berlin), simply walking in as a stranger off the street will result in you being welcomed by all the other customers, never mind the proprietor.
Let's be specific - go into Pinocchio in Berlin as a first time visitor - every customer will nod or say hello (in German usually!) or shake your hand even. The owner will come round from the back after a few moments and say hello personally and engage in small talk for a couple of minutes. You are seen as a "guest" rather than a "customer"
The point of that illustration is that when I suggest that an owner simply acknowledges his customers it is not some kind of outrageous suggestion which breaks all conventions around the world!

Let's get closer to "home" let's talk about another bar in the same street as FB - and I won't name the bar - let's just say is is diagonally opposite FB.
Any time the most prominent of the owners arrives at the bar he says hello or nods to his customers. Even when he arrives in company he does the same. The other partner is the business is not so out-going and is not seen so often but when he is there he does likewise. There is no "fawning", no "grovelling" - there's nobody asking them to abase themselves in any way. The customers appreciate the friendliness and patronise the bar accordingly - if you ask why they come to that bar, most will include the friendliness of the owner/s as one of their reasons.

So, it is not about me wanting to be "paid homage to","fawned over" or "grovelled to" or any other of the ridiculous exaggerations that have been used - it's simply good manners, good business sense, and it's common practice into the bargain.

Every customer in every bar has his own expectations and will patronise that bar proportional to whether or not those expectations are met.
I have my expectations - they are clearly different from other people who seem to want a more anonymous experience within a bar, or who prefer to chat to a Mamasan (something I have never done voluntarily) in order to find out which boy has the biggest cock or which one takes it up the chute, so they can take the right boy "off".
Fine, if that's what they want and they get it then they will patronise the bar accordingly and for that purpose. Good luck to them and their view is perfectly valid (although no more so than alternative views)

For me, i'm not that interested in finding new sex partners every night - I prefer to have a few drinks and a laugh (and yes, admire the view if it's a gogo!), but I prefer to do that in a bar where there is not a po-faced owner walking in and out with his nose in the air, ignoring everybody - I really don't see how that is unreasonable or why it needs to be caricatured in the way that is has been by certain posters.

Marsha-old
December 7th, 2011, 17:01
Always found the host of Funny Boys to be most polite.

It is one of the best run gogo bar in Pattaya and I know that the staff are well looked after, even in low season.

December 7th, 2011, 17:16
....It is one of the best run gogo bar in Pattaya and I know that the staff are well looked after, even in low season.

No disagreement -

....good drinks, well run, extremely clean (can't say THAT about many places).
Boys tell me the management treat them well, and they like to work there...

Beachlover
December 7th, 2011, 23:04
Why is a lesbian even commenting on a go go bar. As you have plenty of time on your hands,show me where I bitched
Courtesy goes both ways and you've demonstrated none. You're dishonest and have an issue with accuracy and integrity.

Go back through the last several posts you've directed at me where you've made false assertions or miss-represented what I said, correct those errors as requested and I'll show you the above as requested.