PDA

View Full Version : High Season - Redality Check - Honest Reviews Please

SlaveDriver
November 29th, 2011, 05:16
With so many down sides to the much anticipated high seasons both in Bangkok and Pattaya, recent travellers and farang residents hones and reliable inputs are welcome as most of the travellers base their travel plan deending on what you have to say:

1. Has the Eurozone meltdown and possible recession have discouraged the European travellers who would have nromally come?

2. Has the US dragging economy has done any good to the Thailand tourism?

3. Has the slowing manufacturing activities have slowed down the Chinese/HK travelles to Thailand?

4. Has the over amplified floods threat has in any way affected the high season?

5, Has the over priced bars have made impact on the gay the veneues?

6. Has the strong Bhat continues to kee the travellers away from Thailand?

My questions are expected to lead to answers such as (economic based)

1. Are the hotels booked at 90% as normally happenes during the high season?

2. Are the Bars nearly packed everyday?

3. Are hosts/guys encouraged to stay flok to the bars and available in quantity and quality in anticipation of tourist arrivals or have left the profession and gone back to their hometowns or other jobs?

4. Do customers have more variety and selection given the excitement of high season?

Thanks guys for the factual and constructive feedback :party

witchhunt
November 29th, 2011, 08:01
I only go to the beach 2/3 times a week but it is certainly busier over the last 2 weeks and more new faces are appearing. I have dined at Bordeaux, La Cuisine au berre, Grottinos and Dolphin and all have had better numbers.

I live near Tukcom but like to visit Jomtien complex at least once a week. It seems more lively there already and to me high season has already started. The publicity about the floods and nothing about the untouched tourist areas was a shame However on the beach Neal[justme] told a few friends that visits to Sawatdee have increased by almost half in 3 months, so the eurozone problems is not deterring interest.

An old friend who emailed to see if I could get him into Mosaik, said the unusual warm British summer has worked in favour of Thailand,so we will have to wait and see. Mosaik is booked out but we found a small room for his 2 weeks.

martin911
November 29th, 2011, 20:12
I was on the gay beach today ,late -- the place seemed busy right up to 6pm

The late nite clubs -Dave /nab/the Club are all busy

But i dont frequest the bars so much ,so caoont comment on them all --the few ive been in (in last few days ) have seemed quiet (boytown area )

And in general the traffic is busier --
I als think is a good indicator of how busy or not Pattaya is --is the Songteaw loading spot for jomtien bound passangers --if you dont have to wait ,or even have to q a little( to get on ,not for it to fill up ) then i think its when the place is busy .

Ie in low season you might have to wait until the full 16/17 passangers are there !!

November 30th, 2011, 01:05
...the unusual warm British summer has worked in favour of Thailand.....

Now I know it was your friend who said this and not yourself - but have you any idea what he meant, as I can't work that one out!

:dontknow: :dontknow:

pong
November 30th, 2011, 07:58
My impression-from returning to BKK as ''old hand'' since a few days
1. Has the Eurozone meltdown and possible recession have discouraged the European travellers who would have nromally come?
NO
Dont know-but anyway-those USAers only make out 4-3% of all tourist arrivakls. As always grossluy overstated
3. Has the slowing manufacturing activities slowed down the nr of Chinese/HK travelles to Thailand?
Chinese come in groups only, maunfacturing seems to have nothing to do with it-more the ofers of cheap-cheap Chinese tr-agents
4. Has the over amplified floods threat has in any way affected the high season?
Obviously yes-read any newsppr-arrivals at swampy (the main in-port anyway) like 15-20% less for same month
5, Has the over priced bars have made impact on the gay the venues?
Did not visit any gay bar- and hae not done so since many a time
The THB is NOT so strong as those believers who cannot face truth belive. it is more a amtter of low USD and fairly low EUR at the mo. The JPY is excellent and gives much more-and JPnese make out much more as USAers. The AUD is also gaining a lot-levels the USD-but seeing TripAdvisor OZzies seem only interested in Phuket and places where they can get floaters in mash or so and where <18 can booze and swell pills. Use your brains tot hink-do not parrot-check facts before asking. All what I wrtoe here is also just from the press and publications.

only a very few were that in the past.

3. Are hosts/guys encouraged to stay flock to the bars and available in quantity and quality in anticipation of tourist arrivals or have left the profession and gone back to their hometowns or other jobs?
Many have it in another way-use those brains again: flooded homes/rooms.

4. Do customers have more variety and selection given the excitement of high season?
maybe-depends on your taste, venue, place and time of day.

Smiles
November 30th, 2011, 09:17
Pong, help us out when you can, OK? It's difficult to read the unreadable, even if the info is correct, or at least partly rational.

My impression-from returning to BKK as ''old hand'' since a few days
NO

Dont know-but anyway-those USAers only make out 4-3% of all tourist arrivakls. As always grossluy overstated

3. Has the slowing manufacturing activities slowed down the nr of Chinese/HK travelles to Thailand?
Chinese come in groups only, maunfacturing seems to have nothing to do with it-more the ofers of cheap-cheap Chinese tr-agents

Obviously yes-read any newsppr-arrivals at swampy (the main in-port anyway) like 15-20% less for same month

5, Has the over priced bars have made impact on the gay the venues?
Did not visit any gay bar- and hae not done so since many a time

The THB is NOT so strong as those believers who cannot face truth belive. it is more a amtter of low USD and fairly low EUR at the mo. The JPY is excellent and gives much more-and JPnese make out much more as USAers. The AUD is also gaining a lot-levels the USD-but seeing TripAdvisor OZzies seem only interested in Phuket and places where they can get floaters in mash or so and where <18 can booze and swell pills. Use your brains tot hink-do not parrot-check facts before asking. All what I wrtoe here is also just from the press and publications.

only a very few were that in the past.

3. Are hosts/guys encouraged to stay flock to the bars and available in quantity and quality in anticipation of tourist arrivals or have left the profession and gone back to their hometowns or other jobs?
Many have it in another way-use those brains again: flooded homes/rooms.

maybe-depends on your taste, venue, place and time of day.

kjun12
December 1st, 2011, 08:38
This response is in regard to Bangkok.

Tourism is definitely down in Bangkok. Certainly the flood has had an adverse affect on travel by tourist, however, tourism has been down here since the red shirt debacle a couple of years ago. People were first afraid to come because of flying bullets and now for fear of floods. Without question, the Thai tourist fascination has dulled for many who look for great places to go and one can easily understand this.

The Thai government, which has an overload of graft ridden idiots, must also share in the blame for this problem when we have fools such as Minister of Information and Communication Technology Anudith Nakornthap who recently threatened foreigners coming to Thailand with the lese majeste law. See: http://www.startribune.com/world/134659148.html. With stupid asses like this it is a wonder that any foreigner would feel safe coming here.