PDA

View Full Version : Trip report Pattaya Bangkok Nov '11

markie1
November 28th, 2011, 20:41
Just returned back to the Uk with my Boyfriend after spending 16 days in Pataya,and a couple days in BKK.

Bkk was dead in soi twilight ,nothing really changes there ,over priced drinks ,and very few customers,show the show in Xboys ,nothing really changed sinced last year ,found it a bit boring.although we did go to the telephone bar ,this had many more customers,better priced drinks,and a slightly better atmosphere.

Stayed at Tawntawan place hotel which is pleasent ,nice location and easy to get around from place to place .Two days was quite enough for me there .

We went to Pattaya ,i could not book my useual hotel/Apartment in Tukcom,they were fully booked(Mosaik) so we opted for Baan dok mai,friendly guest house ,for the budget traveller really, not the standards l like ,room a little old ,location good, room not really to the standards i like.had a couple days there

We moved on to Jamtien, stayed at Gandymede hotel,price was good ,room was a good size with balcony,and the shower was great ,best water pressure i have had in pataya ,only down side no lifts ,but other than that ,really enjoyed the location and room,very clean ,and friendly staff.would stay there again .

Enjoyed drinking in the complex ,new bar there called xman ,nice friendly bunch boys,most bars I found to be very friendly,steady stream of customers,boys good fun. alo some nice restaurants, tried the New french restuarant and that was very nice,the food was great ,lady french host ,very good host and took great care of her customers. also eat at a couple more in the complex which we useually go to on visits there ,the set menu's are well priced and the food is pretty good,dont remember the names.

See the show at the Venue which is always worth seeing ,they put on a great show ,and the costumes are fab.great boy dancers ,very busy on the occations we popped in there , Ray and his partner put on great show ,well wortha visit .

We went in to boys town a few times,mainly sat in Oscars ,friendly bunch staff reasonable priced drinks.

Went to see the show in Copa twice,good show ,but far too pricey on the drinks ,360 baht 7.50 pounds for a gin tonic and a glass of flat coke ,same prices at boyz boyz boyz ,outrages prices i think, wont be heading back there too quick.

Went in a few go go bars around the corner,most of them pretty dead really ,dont know how they are surviving some of them,160 baht a drink to watch boys that look so bored out of there heads , not saying all the bars were the same but the ones we went in did not do much for me.

Went to sunneee a few times ,liked the beer bars there ,great priced drinks ,friendly staff in most bars,some bars were busy more than others and you could easily see which bars attracted the most customers.

Did the beach most days ,steady flow people down there,seem to be more masssage boys than ever,boys wanting 300 for a massage ,which is abit much really in my opinion,i managed to get a massage every day for 250,you have to barter. i know my friend who lives in Pataya never pays more than 220 baht for 1 hour.sometimes the boys just get a bit greedy.

We really enjoyed our stay and seeing friends,we will be back next year proberly May. so look forward to all the changes that will be taking place beteen now and then.

On the bright side thought Sunnee was doing good ,and jomtiem is looking well also .

martin911
November 29th, 2011, 01:20
I think your post pretty much sums it up -- i would have found it similar re Bkk soi twilight/boystown (i was in copa mon nite and my view has not changed from a few weeks ago )
I was also in x boys last nite -- the BB Boys(the breakdancers - not the old flabby boys in madame jims house of horrors ) are really so good --- both to look at and see their routine !!!
But the bars in Boystown/pattayaland all seem so quite ---BUT the late nite Clubs /gay beach are busy

I was in Dave/ The Club/Nab Club over the weekend -places full of Farang -- Nab has done some remodeling over last 2 months ,extended at the sides ,new higher stage etc and there wasnt room to move in it sat nite !!

But these Farang do not seem to be visiting the go go bars !!

Another thing ive noticed lately --it is almost impossible to get a house rental in the better areas the last few months --soon as one comes on the market it is taken up --i was looking for myself but i could not see anything staying on the market for long (dont know what the story is with condos ,as my search was for houses only )--so i extended my own lease (and was damm lucky to get it at the same level -)-agent wanted to put it up by 10k per month --
So that means that pattaya has punters coming --but obs not the same style of puntors as before (ie horny male sex tourists )