PDA

View Full Version : massage for survival and sunnee on the up.

thaiguest
November 23rd, 2011, 14:08
I understand that a new massage place is to open in Sunnee Plaza and another new go-go bar. Which will survive? Probably the massage.
No new law needs to be enacted in Thailand to close down all go-go bars, straight and gay. They're illegal and remain open only on suffrance.
Private massage venues are different; massage is therapy and how it ends up is a private matter. Are straws in the wind giving rise to more and more massage venues opening, especially in Bangkok?

On a different topic- from what I see, Sunnee is doing better in the present crisis that Boytown or Jomtien. The former place is in a 5-year retro mode, the latter nice but a bit like sleepy hollow.
Sunnee has taken the middle ground; reasonable prices, no street kids anymore, friendly boys by in large in new and newly cleaned up venues and a steady flow of pedestrian talent not withstanding the odd katoey on high heels.
The new owners in the Corner bar have brightened up the place a lot and it seems to be doing well. (I'm not sure it needs the lady competing with the customers for the boys though.) The bar next door and around the corner(I forget the name) is beautifully designed and the staff are always so well kitted out with nice clothes also. The restaurant/bar beside the newly refurbished All Of Me bar is a welcome addition. The pool bar on the same soi has not taken off which is surprising as it's a beautiful venue. They perhaps should open up a more inviting entrance gateway.
Yes Sunnee is here to stay unless the charcoal burners move in.

newalaan
November 23rd, 2011, 23:40
On a different topic- from what I see, Sunnee is doing better in the present crisis that Boytown or Jomtien. The former place is in a 5-year retro mode, the latter nice but a bit like sleepy hollow.Sunnee has taken the middle ground; reasonable prices, no street kids anymore, friendly boys by in large in new and newly cleaned up venues and a steady flow of pedestrian talent not withstanding the odd katoey on high heels.Yes that was my experience a month ago too. Sunee had steady traffic and most bars had some customers, a few having many customers, whereas in PL3 the showbar agogos were only busy for the precise length of their shows then, quiet/dead. Two of the decent agogos in Sunee.....Micmy and Nice Boys were fun, very busy and had atmosphere whereas the agogos in PL1 had sparse crowds and were devoid of fun, and any element of excitement. In the middle is Happy Place on PL2 which along with Wild West Boys is well worth a visit.

I did note on one of the straight/ladyboy forums that have me on their email list, that some straight guys have actually been recommending sunee to other straight/ladyboy-lovers on the strength of Famous Bar and the amount of very femme boys to be found in the sunee bars, describing some of the femme boys in the sunee bars as 'attitude-free', 'very good fun' and extremely eager to please compared to the older ladyboys in the straight areas who seem to be 100% money-orientated going by the feedback on the forum. Apparently many trip reports describe all the usual girly/ladyboy haunts but are now adding some of the sunee venues for the bar trawlers. So it would seem word of the clean up has reached guys who would definitely not have considered sunee in the past because of its reputation for youngsters roaming and druggies hanging around.

Describing Jomtien as a 'sleepy hollow' is fair comment, but the guys in the bars are great fun and there are plenty of them, it's definitely worth the trip from downtown Pattaya if you want a change of scenery and a nice laid back vibe. Don't pay attention to the usual bunch of jomtien-knockers who trail out the same tired stereotypical view of Jomtien..dead, boring, blah blah etc... visiting a place is what you make of it,and there are plenty of available guys in jomtien very keen for you to make something of it. Following the 'it takes two to tango' line, if you're a miserable old c**t then you'll get as much fun out of the area as you bring in the first place.

November 24th, 2011, 12:46
So where do the street kids hang out now. The boys on Gayromeo are getting a little stale.

November 24th, 2011, 15:43
So where do the street kids hang out now..

Ask a NZ Travel Agent.

:rolling:

latintopxxx
November 25th, 2011, 02:11
Posted: Thu 24 Nov, 2011 4:43 pm
lonely_farang wrote:
So where do the street kids hang out now..

Ask a NZ Travel Agent.

..........tut...tut...tut....

latintopxxx
November 25th, 2011, 02:34
lonely farang....street kids????? please????....we all know that in gay speak "boys"especially when referring to street trade means men...as in over 18...but KIDS!!
Hello!!!
FYI....street trade is everywhere...keep your eyes...mind and...options open....like NIKE says...just do it...

November 25th, 2011, 11:34
lonely farang....street kids????? please????....we all know that in gay speak "boys"especially when referring to street trade means men...as in over 18...but KIDS!!
Hello!!!
FYI....street trade is everywhere...keep your eyes...mind and...options open....like NIKE says...just do it...

You mean western gay speak. In Thai gay speak, a boy can be anybody under 30 years old. I have not seen these Sunee street kids, but I assume (from Thai speak) that they are perhaps 18-22. It be nice to meet some freelance boys without having to pay the brothel (ooops... bar) their cut.

Shuee
November 28th, 2011, 02:23
im not surprised straight/femm boy likers are recommened to OUR scene, as the off fee's for breeders in pty is 600bt!!! so if your bi & can go with a guy, join the dark side hahahahaha :bounce:

lonelywombat
November 28th, 2011, 04:34
[quote="thaiguest"

The new owners in the Corner bar have brightened up the place a lot and it seems to be doing well. (I'm not sure it needs the lady competing with the customers for the boys though.) The bar next door and around the corner(I forget the name) is beautifully designed and the staff are always so well kitted out with nice clothes also.
.[/quote]

The Sky bar is on the old Villa Rouge site I found this pic on Nickys Gay Pattaya, a little too much red in the pic but it is excellent fitout. The staff wear matching shirts and change outfits daily, the island bar with stools is very popular and the drinks are full strength.

[attachment=0:15p8skd4]sky-300x225.jpg[/attachment:15p8skd4]