PDA

View Full Version : Thai Politicos Hard to Take

kjun12
November 22nd, 2011, 20:19
Chalerm Yoobamrung of the Pheu Thai Party may be a good member but he appears to be a bully and a creep. I used to believe that Abhisit was a good man but now it seems that he is no more interested in what is good for Thailand than your local Burmese general. Neither of these guys cares a damn about Thailand. Their sole interest is in themselves and their party. As a US citizen I am not saying that our politicians are any better. I think it is easy to see that from what is happening there now but the US is in much better shape overall than Thailand and this country will never reach its potential with political leaders like the two mentioned above. Unfortunately, Yingluck is just a stand in for her brother and, more apparently as time goes on, incapable of leading the nation. It is sad.

pong
November 23rd, 2011, 07:16
other as most of your posts this is about Incomprehensible to 99% of us-poor readers who do not have a clue about the ins and outs of Thai politics. At least explain what has happened-however biased that would be. But honestly-turn to ThaiVisa and the like for these rants-they have them a plenty over there.

kjun12
November 23rd, 2011, 07:44
Got ya Pong. I'll try to make my posts more clear in the future. I thought you were Thai. Where are you from? :happy7:

Beachlover
December 3rd, 2011, 12:39
Khun12... A corrupt and often incompetent government is just one of those things you have to accept about Thailand. No point getting worked up about it. That's life. Even Thais get on with it.

December 3rd, 2011, 13:43
You think Thai politicians are worse somehow than the ones you got at home?

PeterUK
December 3rd, 2011, 17:33
You think Thai politicians are worse somehow than the ones you got at home?

By and large, yes.