PDA

View Full Version : Where do we live? PHUKET ADDED VOTE AGAIN

kjun12
November 22nd, 2011, 04:03
Just thought it would be interesting to learn where board posters live. The poll, like most, does not provide all locations where we could be.

{added Phuket but in doing so lost the previous votes - jinks, Smiles will cane me for this}

November 22nd, 2011, 07:33
Would be nice to maybe enlarge the "not it Thailand" box too include a few other places around the world just for a giggle just to see vaguely where the rest of us wanna be Thailand residents all hail from too maybe if that's possible ?

pong
November 22nd, 2011, 07:40
you overlook cases like me: half the year home/Europe- other half year=nice cool season, in Thailand, mainly BKK-but now-escaping floods down at the grounds near freinds flat, in KUL-Malaysia, schoolholidays have just started here and this webshop -with harga promosi 10 bt/hr-has a load of smart looking young Chinese playing the usual loud games or facebooking.
BTW: are not you the one also having a house in the floods=nam tuam somewhere near Phahonyotin near Sena? Dried up now?

Smiles
November 22nd, 2011, 11:34
Strange to have Chiang Rai in the poll, but not Phuket ... I would guess that the former has 3 gay drug-dealing expats and Phuket 300 ... maybe 10 times that (and not all drug dealers). 'Isaan' is too large an entity really to have much meaning: better to use a handful of the larger cities, or at least divide 'Isaan' into north, south, east, west. 'South of Bangkok' same same ... Hua Hin is 'south of Bangkok', as is the missing Phuket.

DCbob
November 22nd, 2011, 12:06
I live 7 months outside Thailand. My main location is in the United States of America.
Travel extensively, next year trying Lima, Peru. Tried Costa Rica this year, and did not like it at all.
I live 5 months in Pattaya, will be arriving in less than a week.

Narakmak
November 22nd, 2011, 13:21
I live 7 months outside Thailand. My main location is in the United States of America.
Travel extensively, next year trying Lima, Peru. Tried Costa Rica this year, and did not like it at all.
I live 5 months in Pattaya, will be arriving in less than a week.
I have also been to Costa Rica, which I also did not like, and also Lima Peru. I reckon you will enjoy Lima, best to stay in the the Miraflores district.
BTW, Peru and Chile now offer formal retirement visas.

kjun12
November 22nd, 2011, 16:07
Strange to have Chiang Rai in the poll, but not Phuket
I just plain forgot phuket. Maybe it was a slip because I think it is such a low class, thieving, :angry5: rip-`off place.

{Phuket added - jinks}

kjun12
November 22nd, 2011, 16:10
BTW: are not you the one also having a house in the floods=nam tuam somewhere near Phahonyotin near Sena? Dried up now?
Yep, that's me Pong and We still have water around the house but, thankfully, it did not get into the house. :happy7:

Marsilius
November 22nd, 2011, 16:12
...just to see vaguely where the rest of us wanna be Thailand residents all hail from too...?

Don't assume that all visitors would actually like to live there as residents!

After their first visit, I bet everyone thinks it would be wonderful to be a full-time resident of Thailand.

Speaking as someone who's made about 60 trips there in the past 18 years, however, I'd say that it's a great place for a holiday but one of the last places on earth that I'd like to be resident full time...

kjun12
November 22nd, 2011, 20:33
...just to see vaguely where the rest of us wanna be Thailand residents all hail from too...?

it's a great place for a holiday but one of the last places on earth that I'd like to be resident full time...
I get your general point but I don't understand why you are so forceful in your stance. If you dislike it that much why do you come back at all. At times I, also, question why the hell I am living here but I don't see a better place that is as enjoyable.

November 22nd, 2011, 22:39
im a not in thailand .. but hope to be in a few years time .

i dont get your tag line whats that all about ???

Dick Cheney should not have left the hospital on anything but a horse....

November 22nd, 2011, 22:53
.... Dried up now?

That could apply to 90% of the board members.

:evil4:

kjun12
November 23rd, 2011, 07:02
I see that someone has altered my poll to include Phuket. I'm not offended, just intrigued. How does another person alter my poll to include Phuket? :glasses7:

kjun12
November 23rd, 2011, 07:05
im a not in thailand .. but hope to be in a few years time .

i dont get your tag line whats that all about ???

Dick Cheney should not have left the hospital on anything but a horse....
Easy answer. I just despise Cheney. This man is evil and did much bad while vice president of the US. He was recently in the hospital for his heart condition.

Smiles
November 23rd, 2011, 10:47
I see that someone has altered my poll to include Phuket. I'm not offended, just intrigued. How does another person alter my poll to include Phuket? :glasses7:
jinks the moderator-from-hell did it. He even left you a very specific note about it in one of your posts above. (Now THAT"S unusual!)

jinks
November 23rd, 2011, 13:03
(Now THAT"S unusual!)

I'll take that as a compliment.

Neal
November 23rd, 2011, 14:09
I just plain forgot phuket. Maybe it was a slip

See jinksie! Your screwed if you leave it alone and your screwed if someone tells you they made a mistake and you try to help them by fixing it. Learn, ou just can't win.

Beachlover
November 24th, 2011, 07:39
I think Jinks likes the cane. :rolling:

Don't assume that all visitors would actually like to live there as residents!

After their first visit, I bet everyone thinks it would be wonderful to be a full-time resident of Thailand.

Speaking as someone who's made about 60 trips there in the past 18 years, however, I'd say that it's a great place for a holiday but one of the last places on earth that I'd like to be resident full time...
I agree with not assuming that everyone would like to live in Thailand, Marsilius. I could tolerate living in Thailand but there's plenty more places I'd rather live.

For me, Thailand is just an awesome place to holiday and get away. At this stage in my life, living in Thailand would really limit me in terms of career and other things.

November 24th, 2011, 08:41
I have to hold my hands up here and admit that I too am not "THAT" fussed on the idea of moving to live in Thailand full time - the "idea" appeals to be but I think the novelty would wear off pretty quickly after a hear or two perhaps ( I admit I was just generalising in my earlier comment and assuming that most people on here thought that - and it was also just a light off the cuff remark without much actual thought behind it too I have to say, so, I stand corrected :-)

I do think for sure that I would like to live "somewhere" in SE Asia rather than the UK WITHOUT A DOUBT but whilst of course I do really usually enjoy TL ( although less and less the last few visits as the novelty wore off a while ago perhaps now) I do still like going for holidays etc but there are a few other places that I also liked that may appear one first glance to have more going for them in various different ways, from work related stuff, to less corruption, to less scamming and less having to always think what the angle is etc etc, although I'm sure once I got to know and scratch the surface of other places as well no doubt they would end up no better perhaps ! but from the little that I've seen and read on here sometimes Thailand can appear to be quite hard work for some and I am very aware that the grass can always "appear" to be greener whereas when you move somewhere for a bit you can find and that isn't always necessarily always the case ! - saying that I am totally looking forward to touching down on the 15th for 3 or 4 weeks so all in all Thailand obviously still "does it for me" at some level.