PDA

View Full Version : Siem Reap November 2011

November 21st, 2011, 17:55
Hi,

Let's see if we can improve on the lot that have been posted here of effeminate go go boys. These are natural guys.

November 21st, 2011, 18:09
Hi,

November 21st, 2011, 18:19
And,

November 21st, 2011, 18:27
Hi,
OK Gents, here we go.

Vientiane is suffering with the knock on effect from the floods in Thailand. Siem Reap is, but not to that degree as it also derives income from flights from Vietnam and Singapore so is not wholly reliant on Bangkok. On my return flight to Lao, there were 10 of us on the plane! Any less, I'd have been flying the bloody thing.

In Vientiane, the Chanthapanya Hotel has been massively refitted and rooms start at 400,000 kip per night. They are well worth it, if it's in your budget! Got all the extras guys and great food as well as the pool, individual sauna rooms etc. It has about 80 rooms I think.

The bars were no great shakes from my previous report nor are there any more open. Vientiane is quiet on a daily basis and I have been moving around Lao and different activities to keep me busy. CCC bar is doing reasonable and I still like Soradith Disco along with Khop jai Deu restaurant and bar. A premise I was looking at has just fell through for various reasons but in these uncertain times, I am not worried. More later as I am busy right now.

Beachlover
November 23rd, 2011, 23:24
Cool... I think it's great Siem Reap is less reliant on flights from Bangkok now and has a stream of tourists from Singapore and Vietnam (and Kuala Lumpur too or not yet?).