PDA

View Full Version : Forum recruitment?

Narakmak
November 19th, 2011, 15:57
This new look forum has real potential.
However, I am finding the posting speed too slow for my taste.
Not enough active posters, not posting fast enough to create the atmosphere of a hot, happening forum.
For example, frankly, on a happening forum, the controversial topic about Russian tourists would be humming. But not here.
I can see that there is the potential to get there.
But how?

In my view, the owner needs to work harder and use the standard methods that are out there to spread the word. Just waiting for google is too slow.
I don't mean to sound negative. This forum has life. It is nowhere near dead. But I'd like to see it buzz.

November 19th, 2011, 16:13
the controversial topic about Russian tourists would be humming.

i go to thailand to meet with thai's not red's hence the fact i dont join in posts about ruskies ..
if i wanted to meet russians id go to russia ... but i dont ..
but i do agree with your point it would be nice if there was more real time discussions rather than just people posting
once a night before bed ...
but if you try that you seem to become a troll or a someone who used to be on here under a different name before .. you need to ask smiles about that as its his favorite topic :occasion9:

Narakmak
November 19th, 2011, 16:14
Fair enough. It was one example.

Neal
November 19th, 2011, 16:40
The Russians and Arb threads have been disussed several times in recent months. I would not be surprised if many members were just tired of talking about it.

November 19th, 2011, 16:48
A 'new' visitor to the forum could well, after seeing your Avatar Narakmak run a mile and never return....

November 19th, 2011, 16:50
A 'new' visitor to the forum could well, after seeing your Avatar Narakmak run a mile and never return....

i very much doubt many visitors to pattaya could even walk a mile let alone run one .. i think narakmak is safe ... :occasion9:

jinks
November 19th, 2011, 16:51
after seeing your Avatar Narakmak run a mile and never return....

And run two miles before I froze it. (and stopped him unfreezing it)

anonone
November 19th, 2011, 17:17

Well done...that thing was just creepy.

lonelywombat
November 19th, 2011, 17:20
I keep thinking about narakmac's threads mexican food thread, calling the owner a pimp and all the other nasty posts he has made, and have to sit sit back and piss myself laughing at his recruitment post.

You are one of the obvious ones that almost killed this board and now you are the saviour?????????

A friend I suggested join as a member did not reply so I checked members to see if he had applied. He had and so had hundreds more.

There has been over 300 new members since 1 November Is that the recruitment you are suggesting?

As sawatdee is in the main not available to expats in Thailand, most of your restaurants rant was wasted. I had to go to many netcafes to load this forum. I assume therefore expats in the main are in the same situation.

If stupid me, is correct then the main target market for sawatdee is gays not living in Thailand. So mexican food is not an event.

So whom should the direction of forum recruitment be directed at??

cdnmatt
November 19th, 2011, 17:25
I don't mean to sound negative. This forum has life. It is nowhere near dead. But I'd like to see it buzz.

Tell you what. Go fix the world economy, so Westerners have several thousand to blow on a Thailand holiday again. Once done, fix up Pattaya so it's very attractive to the gay tourist again, and you'll be good to go for a busy message forum.

See? Just that simple.

Manforallseasons
November 19th, 2011, 18:18

Tell you what. Go fix the world economy, so Westerners have several thousand to blow on a Thailand holiday again. Once done, fix up Pattaya so it's very attractive to the gay tourist again, and you'll be good to go for a busy message forum.

See? Just that simple.

Sums it up fairly well!

Narakmak
November 19th, 2011, 19:53

See? Just that simple.

Sums it up fairly well!
Sums it up idiotically. No Gods here. Get a grip.

Narakmak
November 19th, 2011, 19:55
I keep thinking about narakmac's threads mexican food thread, calling the owner a pimp and all the other nasty posts he has made, and have to sit sit back and piss myself laughing at his recruitment post.

You are one of the obvious ones that almost killed this board and now you are the saviour?????????

A friend I suggested join as a member did not reply so I checked members to see if he had applied. He had and so had hundreds more.

There has been over 300 new members since 1 November Is that the recruitment you are suggesting?

As sawatdee is in the main not available to expats in Thailand, most of your restaurants rant was wasted. I had to go to many netcafes to load this forum. I assume therefore expats in the main are in the same situation.

If stupid me, is correct then the main target market for sawatdee is gays not living in Thailand. So mexican food is not an event.

So whom should the direction of forum recruitment be directed at??
New members are nothing. New active posters are gold. Get it?
Also, if you think a thread about Mexican food can kill this board, well, that's just stupid. Nobody has to even read any particular thread.

I have no idea what you are on about this forum not being available to expats.

BTW, the owner is a pimp. And an asshole. And also very sweet in his own way. So what?

Manforallseasons
November 19th, 2011, 20:10
Not enough active posters, not posting fast enough to create the atmosphere of a hot, happening forum.(quote)Narakmack

You seem to be doing a fine job all by yourself!

Narakmak
November 19th, 2011, 20:17
Not enough active posters, not posting fast enough to create the atmosphere of a hot, happening forum.(quote)Narakmack

Funny, but imagine if there 100 active posters. From that many others would be encouraged to join. I think it could happen here.

November 19th, 2011, 20:53

Funny, but imagine if there 100 active posters. From that many others would be encouraged to join. I think it could happen here.

i dont because as you might have noticed most people only post when they have something to moan about ..

Narakmak
November 19th, 2011, 21:02

i dont because as you might have noticed most people only post when they have something to moan about ..
And you think people don't always have something to moan about?

November 19th, 2011, 21:06
something or someone to moan about ??
i dont i might moan more as i get older .. but i like to think this board is for entertainment rather than a place to
come to moan ones balls off at ...
tho i surpose if as i hope in 5 years time when im living in thailand ill spend more time enjoying the lifestyle rather than
coming on here ...so you only have 5 more years to enjoy me ... :party that should get some blood pressures up :evil4:
p.s why hasnt this tread been moved yet ???

November 19th, 2011, 21:57
...why hasnt this tread been moved yet ???

Watching too much Terry Wogan, dear?

:party

November 19th, 2011, 22:02
ta be sure.. well spotted .. measles ?? bugger and chips twice please :alc:

christianpfc
November 19th, 2011, 22:08

I don't get it. Did I miss some vital information?

Back to the subject. I have been participation in forums about gay Thailand for almost two years, topics get repeated (on different forums as well as on the same). Sure, you can start a topic "How much do you tip" every two months and get a lot of responses, but it doesn't help me to plan my holiday in Thailand.

There are people who have a job and can't read and post at any time of the day. Furthermore, most members obviously prefer to read only (or don't dare to post and email lonelywombat instead).

For me, this forum is fine as it is at the moment (but this might be because I am generally opposed to changes).

Whoever complains that there are not enough interesting posts should start them himself!

November 19th, 2011, 22:09
BTW, the owner is a pimp. And an asshole. And also very sweet in his own way. So what?

Are you always as nasty or is it just a bad time of the month for you?

Narakmak
November 19th, 2011, 22:18

Are you always as nasty or is it just a bad time of the month for you?
:kap:

November 19th, 2011, 22:21
christian :
For me, this forum is fine as it is at the moment (but this might be because I am generally opposed to changes).
is this a typo ?? surely you meant charges !!!!

November 19th, 2011, 22:22
...I have no idea what you are on about this forum not being available to expats....

It's quite simple - SGT is blocked in Thailand either by the Govt or by individual ISPs.

It can be almost impossible to view SGT in Thailand unless one uses a proxy or a friendly ISP, or visits an "uncensored" internet shop.

I'm surprised you don't know this as I though you knew everything.

Fortunately for the world, it that appears that the little that you DON'T know, I know.

So, between us we can answer every question.

:sign5:

christianpfc
November 19th, 2011, 22:25
christian :
is this a typo ?? surely you meant charges !!!!

No typo. I don't like it when things I know change (because usually the change doesn't bring any improvement).

Neal
November 19th, 2011, 22:35

Someone is certainly trying my patience and very close to looking in from OUTSIDE and you will be in real good company sitting on Latintopxxx lap.

Narakmak
November 19th, 2011, 22:41

Someone is certainly trying my patience and very close to looking in from OUTSIDE and you will be in real good company sitting on Latintopxxx lap.
Sorry but you must know I love you in my own weird way.

November 19th, 2011, 22:46
Weird way.

Weird? I would plug for antagonising....

Narakmak
November 19th, 2011, 22:55
Weird way.

Weird? I would plug for antagonising....
Everything's black and white for you then.

Narakmak
November 20th, 2011, 04:20
On the expat blocking, I am skeptical. While I don't know what the problem is with net cafes, most expats have net connections at home, and I am not aware of any connectivity to the board from such connections in Thailand.

November 20th, 2011, 05:20
On the expat blocking, I am skeptical. While I don't know what the problem is with net cafes, most expats have net connections at home, and I am not aware of any connectivity to the board from such connections in Thailand.My friends ISP blocks this forum and he has to do something tricky vp something or other so he can get to it. Why is the owner posting messages about shop online?

Neal
November 20th, 2011, 06:05
I have no problem with TRUE or Sophon. Use

sawatdeegayforum.com

lonelywombat
November 20th, 2011, 08:00
The number of expats that contribute to this board is very small. It is a fact than many if not most of the netcafes in Pattaya and some in Bangkok cannot load this forum. There are only 2 possible answers

the owners of the the netcafe chain of shops, they are not independently owned has blocked sawatdee, as do some of the netcafe chains in Australia [anything with gay in the title is banned]

or

some devious person has progressively gone to the popular with gay tourist netcafes, and used the blocking feature.

I mention this as for a year or more some of the computers in the cafe near twoguys would load Sawatdee and other would not. I recall sitting fuming at a pc and seeing another user reading Sawatdee. I asked if he was using a proxy and he was not.

On the members issue the figures on the portal page tell the story

5% of members just yesterday signed in to read . The numbers of readers was fluctuating between 200 and 320 per hour and has been as high as nearly 900 just weeks ago. Assuming that some were members that had not signed in , it demonstrates that people are returning to read, but at this time still put off posting . It is anbodys guess how many people visit Sawatdee each day. My guess and a rough one at that is about 3000. I cannot prove that and maybe some can prove me right or wrong.

But the indications are that readership has increased by over 40% in the last few months.

The challenge is to remove the insults and petty arguments , encourage more trip reports and to be helpful and welcoming to someone seeking info about their first trip to the Land Of Smiles. If we have to do it without LMTU and Narakmac so be it.

a447
November 20th, 2011, 09:49
:sign5:

Fortunately for the world, it that appears that the little that you DON'T know, I know.

So, between us we can answer every question.

Luv your work, S-G. You're a hoot!

:hello2:

November 20th, 2011, 14:58
l/w wrote The challenge is to remove the insults and petty arguments

glass house comes to mind ... would you like to borrow a stone ?

lonelywombat
November 20th, 2011, 18:01
l/w wrote The challenge is to remove the insults and petty arguments

glass house comes to mind ... would you like to borrow a stone ?

I have been on this board as lonelywombat 6 years and another 5 years before that. Maybe you would like to see the filth and abusive PMs I have had from several of the nasties, that have almost destroyed this board despite their multiple bannings. Maybe then you might understand why I am opposed to some returning.

Perhaps you would also like me to name these scum.

I have worked hard to keep this board moving when no one wanted to post. Yes I get smart arse comments from johnny come latelys who are here today and gone tomorrow.

Whatever I have done is because I believe that this board has a lot to offer people, who want to visit Thailand for the first time, or return.

No I do not roll on the floor laughing my ars off over your witty responses, but I dont think many people do. Get a life . You could be a valuable member here.

November 20th, 2011, 18:15
does it ever occur to you that the jonny come latelys might be here today and gone tomorrow because of the * ive been here for longer than anyone* peoples ... who seem to spend a lot of time slagging off people , for slagging people off ..
i dont spend any time myself rolling on the floor at my so called witty remarks either ... glad you find them witty tho ...
the only trouble with longevity is you tend to become staid .. and lose your way a bit ...
do tell me how on earth you think i could become a valued memeber of this board ?? i seem to remember you slagging me off after my first week on here !! saying i posted far to much ... seems a bit of perspective may be needed ..
at the end of the day its just a board and theres really no need to get quiet so excited about peoples comments and remarks .. theres far more important things in life im sure ... tho i give thanks for daboss and his troublesome elfs for giving us the board to write on ..
go and have a lay down .. even a massage keep those stress levels down dear ..

Beachlover
December 6th, 2011, 19:38
I think the forum's doing fine. Plenty of activity and decent flow of new members.

It's quite simple - SGT is blocked in Thailand either by the Govt or by individual ISPs.

It can be almost impossible to view SGT in Thailand unless one uses a proxy or a friendly ISP, or visits an "uncensored" internet shop.
SGF is still blocked by a certain ISP or certain filtering level that's offered by that ISP (i.e. might only be customers who opt in to filtering).

It isn't, as Lonely stupidly suggests, caused by saboteurs getting the site blocked in Pattaya net cafes because there's lots of hotels in Bangkok where you can't access it and Justme said he couldn't access it from his hospital in Bangkok either. These establishments are either all using the same ISP or they've opted for content filtering that would filter out sites like this one.

The challenge is to remove the insults and petty arguments , encourage more trip reports and to be helpful and welcoming to someone seeking info about their first trip to the Land Of Smiles.
Hypocrite: You post plenty of insults and participate in petty arguments yourself, possibly more so than Narakmak!

This board is very helpful and welcoming to people seeking info about travel in Thailand. Plenty of questions answered constructively and helpfully. You also forget that you must retain those members who are not new to Thailand to post these answers!

Typical, childish, sensationalist comment from LonelyWombat... always fond of accusing people of "killing" the board and claiming that the board is dying.

Manforallseasons
December 7th, 2011, 15:11
The challenge is to remove the insults and petty arguments , encourage more trip reports and to be helpful and welcoming to someone seeking info about their first trip to the Land Of Smiles.
Hypocrite: You post plenty of insults and participate in petty arguments yourself, possibly more so than Narakmak!

This board is very helpful and welcoming to people seeking info about travel in Thailand. Plenty of questions answered constructively and helpfully. You also forget that you must retain those members who are not new to Thailand to post these answers!

Typical, childish, sensationalist comment from LonelyWombat... always fond of accusing people of "killing" the board and claiming that the board is dying.

One can't help but see a certain irony here!