PDA

View Full Version : True ultra high speed Internet in Pattaya?

PattayaBob
November 18th, 2011, 20:23
Has anyone tried the True ultra high speed Internet with fiber optics? Went to office on South Pattaya between Tutcom and Friendship Market and my area is available off Thappraya Road. They are advertising up to 9 Mbps download and up to 1 Mbps upload for 699 baht. I currently have BBB and connections have been poor. Has anyone tried True Internet yet? Thanks

Patexpat
November 18th, 2011, 21:21
We use a 30 Mbps download and 3Mbps upload package and generally performs well but have had the odd loss of connection for a minute or two from time to time. That has now been sorted by my staff and the True engineers tho and has been stable for the past couple of weeks.

mahjongguy
November 19th, 2011, 03:31
True won't be adding Jomtien to their advertised list of available neighborhoods until the end of the year but in fact the system is pretty much completed and they are now taking on new customers. This is a DOCSIS cable modem system with speeds up to 100mb/10mb and the pricing is very attractive.

Here's the rest of what is now available along much of Jomtien Beach Road:

- TOT ADSL Maximum speed available 4mb/512kb due to distance back to their office in Pattaya on copper. Decent price, so-so reliability.
Their hybrid service (with higher speeds) of copper extending from fiber nodes is not yet available in this area.

- TOT Fiber To The Desktop Now available. Max of 10mb/1mb. High prices. Fiber into your home is sexy but actually no big deal.

- 3BB ADSL Available at up to 9mb/1mb. Decent pricing, so-so performance, and sometimes miserable customer service.

- Sophon Internet. Non-DOCSIS cable modem service. 10mb/512kb service at 1290 baht is a fair deal but the international speeds suffer from congestion.

- Jomtien Cable Non-DOCSIS cable modem service. Pretty much a clone of Sophon's pricing and service.

- CAT Services aimed at commercial customers. Pricey.

DCbob
November 19th, 2011, 04:16
I will be arriving in 1 week at Center Condo, is it available there?

mahjongguy
November 19th, 2011, 04:25
I will be arriving in 1 week at Center Condo, is it available there?From what I know, in that area of South Pattaya True offers its ADSL version of Ultra. Best deal is the 9mb/1mb service for 899. Second best is 7mb/512k for 599.

Best way to get a quick answer on availability is to email the condo office. They would know. If you can't get True you can always get TOT ADSL. Very similar rates.