PDA

View Full Version : Tourist Arrivals down by 25%

SlaveDriver
November 16th, 2011, 06:32
Not surprised by the report, but wonder how this has affected the high season in the gay bars?

Some guys have gone back to their home towns from what I understand? Is that true.

Hear 10,000 Russians came to Pattaya for the Landern Festival. Is the place smelling bad? :laughing3:

Manforallseasons
November 16th, 2011, 12:00
Not surprised by the report, but wonder how this has affected the high season in the gay bars?

Some guys have gone back to their home towns from what I understand? Is that true.

Hear 10,000 Russians came to Pattaya for the Landern Festival. Is the place smelling bad? :laughing3:

I am surprised the report said only 25%. There is certainly no shortage os Russians in Pattaya however. The bars seem to be lighter on guys at the moment as many have gone home to help their families, but I'm sure they'll be back soon, perhaps as a large percentage of the rice crop has been ruined more guys than usual might be coming to the bars this season.

November 16th, 2011, 15:12
All I can contribute to this topic is what tourists are telling me - and well over 60% of the people I talk to are saying the same thing - that Thailand in general (and Pattaya in particular) is finished as a gay destination for those holidaymakers who simply want to have a good time for 2 weeks.
Reasons given are high prices/poor value in many bars, exchange rates, lack of attractive boys, lack of (feigned or otherwise) interest by the boys compared to years gone by.

Of those people, virtually all are saying they want to find somewhere new, they are bored and the scene is stale/dying.
They say they may try Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, etc.
If they don't find somewhere new, some will still come back but a high percentage are saying they'll simply stay home.

I am not saying I have conducted a scientific survey - just the people I talk to, who are mostly visitors who have been coming once/twice a year over a long period.

I can't say I have had much of a conversation with Russian or Asian tourists though - maybe they are easier to please.

:occasion9:

stevehadders
November 16th, 2011, 17:08
I hear some of the same comments - "not as good as it was" etc etc - but where else beats it?(in terms of commercial gay tourism, obviously if you just like bars and discos theyre are many other destinations) I loved Cambodia (from a cultural standpoint and loved the people, food etc), but as has been pointed out it hasn't the same number of bars etc, and I don't believe they will allow it into another Thailand in terms of gogos etc. It is true that the exchange rate has made things more expensive, but it is unfortunately a fact of life and will be for the forseeable future. Some of the more creative bar owners have promotions, offers and others offer creative entertainment (boy bingo etc) to try and stimulate some fun - there are still great times to be had.
Thankfully Scottish I still manage to find a few stunners, but it is very true they are not as easily available as before.
I think if Brazil was safer (and it not being safe is only my perception and conversations online - although if you read the pattaya newspapers you would think Pattaya was the wild west and v unsafe and I always found it the opposite), then maybe it could have huge potential

November 16th, 2011, 17:48
I can confirm that the 'quality' of the boys (in at least Sunee Plaza) have gone down both in quantity and quality, over the past year. Nothing stunning about the bar boys and their seems to be little turnover/improvement in staff in the 'twinky' gogo bars there (which I prefer to frequent) in the past 3 months I've been in Pattaya

Dani69
November 16th, 2011, 17:52
Returned home after 3 weeks fun in Pattaya and I have never seen the airport so quiet- no queues at all at immigration.
Think its gonna be a bad HIGH season all around.

SlaveDriver
November 17th, 2011, 05:46
Good feedback. I wonder with tons of money the governmen is planning to spend on infrastructure, highways, dams, industries, and on people affected by the floods, is there any more incentive for the guys o return to the bars?

Also, tourist arrivals are also going o slow down due to the financial meltdown in Europe and USA. In the west the christmas spending will drop by 5%, that means more lay-offs in January, less purchasing therefore less manufacturing around the globe.

Stimulous money in Thailand Vs les money in the west = less guys in the bars Vs less tourist > How would that affect the bar owners? :party

November 17th, 2011, 06:04
How would that affect the bar owners?

It won't - the main players are all millionaires (by fair means or foul) - as you well know dear.

November 17th, 2011, 06:43
How would that affect the bar owners?

It won't - the main players are all millionaires (by fair means or foul) - as you well know dear.

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

My comments aren't needed on this.

giggsy
November 17th, 2011, 07:41
Also, tourist arrivals are also going o slow down due to the financial meltdown in Europe and USA. In the west the christmas spending will drop by 5%, that means more lay-offs in January, less purchasing therefore less manufacturing around the globe.
Stimulous money in Thailand Vs les money in the west = less guys in the bars Vs less tourist > How would that affect the bar owners? :party

This could be solved very easily if the governments of Farangland would stop giving our money to the banks. The UK reckon that the banks will need another 50 billion in the new year.
Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.

You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 10 million people over 50 in the UK work force.

Pay them ┬г1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire.
Ten million job openings - unemployment fixed

2) They MUST buy a new British car.
Ten million cars ordered - Car Industry fixed

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage -
Housing Crisis fixed

4) They MUST send their kids to school/college/university -
Crime rate fixed

5) They MUST buy ┬г100 WORTH of alcohol/tobacco a week .....
And there's your money back in duty/tax etc

6) We can all go on holiday to Thailand..

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances

November 17th, 2011, 09:50
Yeh I reckon thats a great idea giggsy but if I retire how do they stop me getting another job after a year how do they stop me remortgaging my house after a year my kids are all grown up coz Im over 50 and I dont smoke so your saying the tax on booze and smokes for one year is 10 billion pounds?

November 17th, 2011, 15:19

2) They MUST buy a new British car.......

There's a flaw - an impossible stipulation - no British-owned volume car manufacturer exists.

stevehadders
November 17th, 2011, 15:59
In 2010 1.25 M cars produced in Uk and whilst owned by foreign companies had huge impact for UK economy accounting for 10% of all UK exports....we are now producing more cars than in the "hey day" of UK Car makers, and contributes more to the economy than ever before. 2011 trends seem to show a small increase over 2010.
So maybe not a bad idea overall!

November 17th, 2011, 20:53
Very informative, thanks.

Nothing to do with what I actually posted mind you - but very informative, thanks.

:rolling:

lexusgs
November 18th, 2011, 20:15
BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International. Ltd. (PLC), THAI, have cancelled more than 500 flights on various international and domestic routes due to in and outbound tourists are changing their holiday plans in aftermath of the flooding in Thailand, according to the newspaper Krungthep Turakij.

The airline will also use smaller aircrafts on some routes because of lesser demand, and will consider the situation from day to day. Thai Airways hopes that the passenger traffic will pick up again in December which normally are the high season.

-- Translated from: bangkokbiznews.com 2011-11-18

jinks
November 18th, 2011, 20:18
I hope that they don't screw with my flights Dec 16/17.

Lexus, do you recognise your avatar location?

lexusgs
November 18th, 2011, 20:41
Don't wanna appear thick Jinks. Can u expand a little?

jinks
November 18th, 2011, 22:38
It is The Golden Sands Seaview Hotel. DUBAI !

lexusgs
November 18th, 2011, 23:46
lols...you're on the ball matey. I'm getting old now, could n't see anything other than that the red branding on the sign looked familiar :happy7:
The Seaview Hotel is very popular with Filipinos at the weekends there cos of the bands. Also there is a Gay Club not far from there which
is very popular on weekends. Packed out with hot Lebanese and other Arabs along with lots of Filipinos/Europeans. It's called Submarine
and located in the basement of the Dhow Palace Hotel. Defo worth a visit :occasion5:

ps Can you find a pic with a classier motor tho. That Porsche just don't cut in Dubai...lol