PDA

View Full Version : Sky bar Sunee last night tonight. Bar to be added to the ara

lonelywombat
November 14th, 2011, 17:27
The Sky bar which the Thai owner of La cage opened when Mike left the country,is closing tonight. The alarming thing is the area is to be absorbed into the already large area commonly called by expats

the Arab area.

At least that will remove the confusion of two bars with similar names in Sunee

The new owners of the old La Cage space, have learnt nothing is done in a hurry in Thailand and the best guess of a date for reopening is ,soon

Last night Krazy Dragon was operating but it was a quiet night early on, but numbers gradually arrived and it became a pleasant night., in most bars.

pennyboy
November 14th, 2011, 18:39
I thought the name had been changed to Banana Bar.

Anyway, sorry to hear of any bar closing.

November 15th, 2011, 01:42
Are we talking about the former Sky Boy Bar which became Banana Bar?

pennyboy
November 15th, 2011, 19:05
Yes.
I am afraid old lonely got confused.

November 15th, 2011, 19:22
In that case I'm very sorry to hear that it's closing.

It had a great late afternoon deal of 2 beers for about 80B - obviously I didn't drink enough of them !!

:alc:

Manforallseasons
November 15th, 2011, 21:45
Sky Bar was originally a sleaze pit and a wonderful one at that.

NickysGayPattaya
November 16th, 2011, 16:20
Obviusly we are talking about Banana Bar here. They did NOT close after their closing party. Whatever else has been rumoured, speculated or anything they are still open and have no immediate plans to close. There was some confusion, the party on the 14th was called their closing down party, but they didn't.

It's still open.

lonelywombat
November 16th, 2011, 17:00
Yes.
I am afraid old lonely got confused.

Thank you pennyboy for your long distance comment. Nice to know you are so well informed.

Even expats get confused with the Sky Bar renamed as Banana Bar and the new Sky Restaurant and drinks bar located between Corner Bar and Krazy Dragon. Only pennyboy is clever enough to be spot on and informed. Nice to know you are on the ball.

I thought as an expert pennyboy might have commented on the fact that now the Arab area extends from Star Dust karoeke to the swimming pool

The gay bars opposite who must be worried are Forest House, Tom Yum ,Ouds, Up2U, El Dorado and Wans cafe

The arabification of Sunee rolls on. I was abused for commenting on this last year, and still feel that is happening at a rate of knots. The future is the Day Night and Jomtien areas.

I had a drink at the party to celebrate the closure but did not feel comfortable. The band was so loud it was impossible to be heard.

Neal
November 16th, 2011, 17:59
By having a closing down party and then not closing it might be a ploy to get extra customers or something else, but as Nicky states, they have either decided not to close or their statement was confused. Don't know, but as they are not closing, I am afraid that this thread will be locked shortly so please make any final comments soon.
Thanks DaBoss

pennyboy
November 16th, 2011, 18:58
Thank you Lonely for your compliments.

I do not really think I am particularly clever nor the only person who knew it was called Banana Bar.

The big sign "BANANA BAR" was the clue.

newalaan
November 16th, 2011, 19:24
I am afraid that this thread will be locked shortly so please make any final comments soon. Thanks DaBossWhy on eartth does the thread NEED to be closed? Does it matter if the bar is closed or not? There is some good information and updates on the status of the bar, seems to me a better idea just to keep it open.

Regarding Nicky's comments on rumour and speculation...if it is still Joe the former partner of La Cage who owns it I certainly wont be shedding any tears if it closes, gay or not, this half-wit was responsible for the closing down of a great bar (Mikes La Cage) through his idiotic gambling habit and caused so much trouble to many for his selfishness and ignorance and I certainly wont miss his unsmiling, grumpy fizzog. He was a useless host at La Cage, a smile from him to anybody was a cause for a party in itself.

Brad the Impala
November 16th, 2011, 19:46
I have no idea why this lonely poster always writing to say something closing down when its not, i seem to remember he say one day Howards closing, then he say the owner off la carge is not the owner of Big Banana bar, I was at BB last night they say, I ask them, yes they know some nasty man not like them and pretend they close, why he do that. may be loosing his mind, sorry my English not to good.

"loosing his mind"

You are right, your English is not "to good", which is surprising for such a notorious "English Teacher", albeit one who has always misspelt losing! It also seems to have deteriorated significantly since your first two posts as Sin City. If you try to bypass your banning again, it would be a good idea to wait more than three posts before slagging off Lonely and his updates. Just can't resist it can you?

Neal
November 16th, 2011, 19:53
I did not state that it was, I only indicated that it might.
While it does have good information, I always get paranoid that a place "reported to be closing" might be misconstrued as libelous if the fact is untrue. I do hope you see my predicament. I have yet to speak to the other mods about this.

Marsilius
November 16th, 2011, 21:38
I am afraid that this thread will be locked shortly so please make any final comments soon.
Thanks DaBoss

An interesting instance of a difference in meaning of English-English and American-English...

The American writer clearly meant that he worried that this thread might be closed shortly, though as yet all options remained open.

To a speaker of English-English, though, "I am afraid that" means something like "I am sorry to say that" something definitely will happen.

An instance of the perils of operating a multi-cultural forum... Maybe the safest way for the owner to make his pronouncements in future is in literal terms, without metaphor, simile or an other verbal affectation!

giggsy
November 16th, 2011, 22:23
I am afraid that this thread will be locked shortly so please make any final comments soon.
Thanks DaBoss
OK.OK. Ive changed the picture since you hated it so much...
[attachment=0:16btapcf]untitled.bmp[/attachment:16btapcf]

I have no idea why this lonely poster always writing to say something closing down when its not, i seem to remember he say one day Howards closing, then he say the owner off la carge is not the owner of Big Banana bar, I was at BB last night they say, I ask them, yes they know some nasty man not like them and pretend they close, why he do that. may be loosing his mind, sorry my English not to good.

Welcome back LMTU. :thumbright:

giggsy
November 16th, 2011, 22:34
FACTS ABOUT SEX
At any given moment in the world,

FACT...79,000,000 are engaged in sex right now.

FACT...58,000,000 are kissing

FACT...37,000,000 are relaxing after sex.

FACT...1 lonely old person is reading emails from poeple that are too shy to post on SGT.

You hang in there Wombat.

christianpfc
November 16th, 2011, 23:38
We need a "like" button, so I can "like" giggsy's post without having to add another post (stating nothing more than that I like giggsy's post).

And I like Marsilius's post as well.

paulg
November 17th, 2011, 07:48

Let me throw up. I did not see you there . Maybe you are looking for a another place to pretend you are not Walter Mitty Has baht-stop banned you again

NickysGayPattaya
November 17th, 2011, 13:25
Oh dear

This thread started as a good informative thread about Sunee Plaza. OK the information turned out to be wrong, but at the time lonely posted it, it was believed to be correct. OK there's the anti-arab rant, but that's OK.

Now it's been hijacked by the flamers. Is Sawatdee degenerating again? Is it going to become it's old self? All we need now is the swearing and personal insults and it will be there.

Shame

It had changed so much.

As a PS Howard's Hotel in Soi VC IS up for sale. I spoke to the manager at Sansuk today. But it's not to arabs, it's to a Thai/Chinese man. The deal has not been done as they haven't agreed on the price. But it's possible and may happen.

I don't suppose there's any chance of getting this thread back on to useful facts is there?

November 17th, 2011, 15:09
.....I don't suppose there's any chance of getting this thread back on to useful facts is there?

Frankly my dear, if people want useful facts they can consult your website/newsletter - which I'm sure is a treasure trove of information completely devoid of partisan comment or personal insult.

SGT forum is traditionally , on the other hand, not merely an advertising vehicle for businesses but a forum for contributors to say what they like (within reason) and to feel free to either stick to or deviate completely from the topic (in which case they will be subject to moderation or otherwise).

As far as I can tell, Da Boss intends SGT to continue this way - except that he is wary of comments which may attract legal action. This seems eminently sensible to me.

:occasion9:

Brad the Impala
November 17th, 2011, 15:59
Now it's been hijacked by the flamers. Is Sawatdee degenerating again? Is it going to become it's old self? All we need now is the swearing and personal insults and it will be there.

It's what happens when a certain poster earwigs his way in again.

lonelywombat
November 17th, 2011, 16:02
I believe the closure was first reported on Nickys and discussed among the expats. Of course there was some confusion as to Sky bar and the new name Banana.

There was a party with a live band in the soi opposite the bar, but not many people were aware of the closure. Let me throw up , I like the name, was not there.

That night was discussed next day but the decision to continue was a surprise.

November 17th, 2011, 19:57
I believe the closure was first reported on Nickys and discussed among the expats. Of course there was some confusion as to Sky bar and the new name Banana.

S.C. :- You believe wrong, you reported it first, but who cares, as Joe said he is NOT closing, I only wanted to get the facts out there.
LW :- There was a party with a live band in the soi opposite the bar, but not many people were aware of the closure. Let me throw up , I like the name, was not there.
S.C :- No one but you, the owner certainly never, thatтАЩs for sure, you have a way with words Lonely, but i love you really I do.

L.W :- That night...... the decision to continue was a surprise.
S.C :- I bet! But not to you, only the owner.

L.W :- Also of interest is who was the ugly man with dyed hair and a bald spot that was intimidating Montys staff whilst he was in hospital.

S.C :- I have no idea, but I was not the person who brought the fact all THE DRINK WAS DRUNK, THE NIGHT PREVIOUS AND NO ONE PAID AND I WAS IN THERE THE NIGHT BEFORE TO FIND IT FUILL OF KATIOS.
I THOUGHT IT WAS A PARTY, NOT TILL ONE OF THE CUSTOMERS TOLD ME NO MONEY WAS PAID, I SAID TO THE LADY BOY WHO SEEMED TO BE IN CHARGE " MONTY WILL BE PLEASED, he must have made 5000 baht last night with all the drink consumed.

L.W :-What is it to him that the whisky bottles might have not been replaced.
S.C :- If a friend of yours was being robbed I expect you would run away. I mentioned it innocently not realizing no one paid for the drinks. until another customer told me.

L.W :- Maybe he will be shouting about another scoop after his infamous post on baht-stop that
Monty was lying in state.

S.C says :- Yes when I went to see MONTY a few times he looked in a terrible state, anything wrong with that, it was meant to say тАЬlaying in a stateтАЭ but when I realized it was too late to change.

S.C says continues :- As for the tea, it was cold after waiting 15 minutes and I had an Important meeting to go to, could not wait another 15 minutes for a cup of tea.

Is so nice to know you are only being nice.
As I always say the truth does much more damage than lies.

Thank you for allowing me to debate this matter and putting the record straight, we can all be confused from time. we really must try to get along with each other, IтАЩm sure we can exchange so many amazing mutual stories.

November 18th, 2011, 00:24
but hey lets all try and get on with this new start, you cant always be like a loin with a thorn in your foot, you must have one nice bone in your body.

It could be like one big happy family here, if you was to take a happy pill, lets face it we are writing on the new :party forum now.

Cue combatty enter stage left :blackeye:

gaymandenmark
November 18th, 2011, 01:25
Is there a way to ignore LMTU/Sin City? Where is the ignore button?

PS I found out, and done.