PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Day Dinner at Deli-zza

Narakmak
November 7th, 2011, 14:21
Finally, in Jomtien, REAL deli sandwiches.

deli-zza

Off Jomtien beach road between Soi 8 and 9
It's at Soi Casa Jomtien.
There is no sign on beach road.
Look for Casa Jomtien.
You walk past a security guard. Not sure about driving in.
Many people know Just Burgers, it is near there but don't be fooled by the empty pizza place down the soi there. This is an OPEN pizza place but you have to find Soi Casa Jomtien.

Free delivery in Jomtien
Open 3pm to midnight daily
087 6153731

Cheap? No
Large portions? Yes but nothing like the famous NYC delis
Good quality? You won't find better in Thailand.

Here is what they offer:

Reuben, 299
Pastrami 299
Corned Beef 275

The meats, rye bread, and pickles are all made in house by the American (Dad and son) owners.

Trust me, if you like deli, you will like this place. Too bad it is a bit overpriced, but those are the breaks. The food is really good!

They also have pizza.

November 7th, 2011, 14:27
Thanks Narakmak for that information! I will check them out this week on sandwiches and later for pizza and let you all know also, but sounds great and easy to get to.

:tif:

jinks
November 7th, 2011, 16:45
My Boy - is the food Kosher ?

November 7th, 2011, 17:23
My Boy - is the food Kosher ?

Oi, it was so humid I had to shelp myself down to the deli and, on my life, the matzah ball soup was fantastic and as for the brisket ..... such a brisket I never tasted before.

Make sure you ask for my cousin Murray, tell him you're mishpocheh and he'll give you a wonderful deal.

Mazel Tov

November 7th, 2011, 17:38
OK this is too much for my little heart to endure. Two recomendations that close apart. Dropping off supplies to the bar and then going in search for the Pattaya version of Jerusalem!

Brad the Impala
November 7th, 2011, 19:31
Not sure that all our posters get humour, well, attempted...............

November 7th, 2011, 20:25
Not sure that all our posters get humour...............

Being humorous (or even attempting to be) - something nobody could ever accuse you of, eh?

November 7th, 2011, 20:40
Well it isn't easy to find but the directions Narakmak gave were great. It is in the driveway leading into the hotel or condo, just after the guard house on the left.

From within i heard this husky voice shout out, "In here Neal!"and who should be inside but Gay Button and friend.
"I read about this place on SGF website and had to come down and try it", he said.
Just then this young huge American adonis came over and asked what I would like to have. "A rueben" I replied my mouth watering. "Oh, I am sorry sir" replied Shawn the adonis, "these two gentleman got the last two ruebens.
We are out of corned beef and pastrami. Our delivery comes tomorrow and has been late because of the flooding".

Trying hard to keep my composure I ordered a New York pizza as I watched my two comrades eat the most beautiful looking sandwiches I have seen in years and then tell me that they had been the best they had eaten! My God not even saving me a bite! :sign5:

Well the pizza was extremely good but I can't wait til I return tomorrow or day after and try this magnificent sandwich. All in jest Gay Button, I am happy you enjoyed it! There were other customers that came after me looking for this sandwich we are all raving about and left without. The owners said that they hoped they would return tomorrow and be able to enjoy. So glad to see others from other sites and posters reading about these posts and running down to check it out!

PS Scottish, they have no matzo ball soup! You lied!!!! Yu bitch! :sign5:

Brad the Impala
November 8th, 2011, 01:10
[quote="Brad the Impala":32p07yew]Not sure that all our posters get humour...............

Being humorous (or even attempting to be) - something nobody could ever accuse you of, eh?[/quote:32p07yew]

At least I realised that you were attempting to be amusing..................................

Narakmak
November 8th, 2011, 01:13
It is not a Kosher restaurant as in using meat slaughtered the Kosher way.
A Reuben by definition is not Kosher anyway as it mixes meat and dairy.
Of course, no matzoh ball soup. You can't get matzoh meal in Thailand.
They are getting so much good publicity now, and totally deserved, that I fear they aren't ready to handle the crowds. I see it snowballing.
Maybe someday they'll move to Jomtien Complex to a large location.

November 8th, 2011, 03:25
Oh I hate contradicting Narakmak but matzo meal is nothing more than ground up matzo and is available.

Richsilver
November 8th, 2011, 06:08
If they are a sandwich place, why aren't they opened for lunch? Most of us, including Gay Button, have speculated that the Street Life Deli in Boyztown would have been much more successful if it had been open for lunch. Isn't that when most people eat sandwiches?

mahjongguy
November 8th, 2011, 06:42
Deli-zza is open from 3pm to midnight. If you drive you must park on the beach road. That includes motorbikes.

Delivery available in Jomtien. 087-615-3731.

The food is very tasty, so go easy on Shawn and his dad John. They've only been open for a coupla weeks.

Narakmak
November 8th, 2011, 08:46
It is true it is a small family operation and they don't have the bandwidth now to open more hours. Deal with it. Or no deli for you!

At this point I would worry more that they are going to swamped with too much business soon, not not enough.

PattayaBob
November 9th, 2011, 19:47
Just back from dinner with a friend....Thought i was back in NYC...Had a reuben best this side of NYC. Home made rye bread nice and moist, creamy potato salad(cound have had cole slaw or beans) moist and juicy Corned beef stacked high on the rye...topped with melted swiss...pickle slice on the side.They also have pastrami, roast beef and meatloaf, plus a variety of pizzas....Taking orders for a Sounds Yummy, Thanksgiving Dinner. Owners are great and felt like a family affair...I was even walking out without paying the bill untill I realized I was in a restaurant...Will be back soon...and going for Thanksgiving....LOCATION: Jomtien Beach Road between Soi 8-9 Enter at Casa Jomtien Condos(7/11) on corner go by guard shack on the left...well worth the SEARCH!

Brad the Impala
November 9th, 2011, 20:10
Kudos to Narakmak for finding and recommending this place that several other posters have now visited and enjoyed!

November 9th, 2011, 21:52
Just back from dinner with a friend....Thought i was back in NYC...Had a reuben best this side of NYC. Home made rye bread nice and moist, creamy potato salad(cound have had cole slaw or beans) moist and juicy Corned beef stacked high on the rye...topped with melted swiss...pickle slice on the side.They also have pastrami, roast beef and meatloaf, plus a variety of pizzas....Taking orders for a Sounds Yummy, Thanksgiving Dinner. Owners are great and felt like a family affair...I was even walking out without paying the bill untill I realized I was in a restaurant...Will be back soon...and going for Thanksgiving....LOCATION: Jomtien Beach Road between Soi 8-9 Enter at Casa Jomtien Condos(7/11) on corner go by guard shack on the left...well worth the SEARCH!

But the PICKLE!!! How was the pickle??? I've been searching for good "Kosher Deli pickles" for years, and my only real "discovery" has been that phak chii lao is dill. The stores are full of "cornichons" and some "sweet pickles." :dontknow:

Pickle Maniac

November 10th, 2011, 03:56
Nakarakmak Matzo is available in Thailand and as someone showed me, all you have to do is put it in a food processor to get Matzo meal.

The pickle I like best is Claussen pickle and is available at Villa Market.

Narakmak
November 10th, 2011, 04:19
Their pickles are OK. The highlight is the meat. Have yet to try the pizza.

Gaybutton
November 11th, 2011, 12:45
Deli-zza is open from 3pm to midnight. If you drive you must park on the beach road. That includes motorbikes.
When I went with RichLB, we simply told the security guard at the gate where we were going. He let us right in and even showed us where we could park.

mahjongguy
November 11th, 2011, 14:18
When I went with RichLB, we simply told the security guard at the gate where we were going. He let us right in and even showed us where we could park.
If there is a space behind the condo, you may be allowed to use it, but that privilege is tentative and may not last very long if their business picks up further. It may also depend on high season vs. low season.

Narakmak
November 11th, 2011, 18:13
Nakarakmak Matzo is available in Thailand and as someone showed me, all you have to do is put it in a food processor to get Matzo meal.

Yeah, it's available. Sure it is. But you won't say where it is available, so why should anyone believe you?

I reckon the truth is your info about availability of matzohs in Thailand is as credible as your visa advice.

November 11th, 2011, 18:47
I'm not getting into your war again. :tongue3:

Narakmak
November 11th, 2011, 19:04
I'm not getting into your war again. :tongue3:
Of course you're not. All the matzoh is for you. No sharing.

November 11th, 2011, 19:12
Nope, wrong again. I have already shared with one poster and Gay Button asked if I would share and tell him where and I said yes. I share information and goods with people who are nice, not complete assholes. End of subject! :evil4:

Narakmak
November 11th, 2011, 19:22
Somebody who knows, please tell me by PM. I really want to know. It is important to me. I don't understand how this justme person can be so petty about something like this. If someone tells me, I won't mention it publicly as obviously this justme character has made this a big thing, if you tell me, his supposed enemy, he won't be your friend. How juvenile!

November 11th, 2011, 19:30
Well if it is that important to you you can come to the bar and say you are sorry for being such an ass and I will be happy to give you a big box free. :dontknow:

Narakmak
November 11th, 2011, 19:38
Well if it is that important to you you can come to the bar and say you are sorry for being such an ass and I will be happy to give you a big box free. :dontknow:
That's a very high price. Can someone just PM me please. I would prefer to pay money.

Anyway, I am not looking for one box, one time. You implied there is retail operation selling matzohs. That's what I want. A place to go whenever I like to buy matzohs throughout the year. You imply that exists but mysteriously, it's a big secret you're protecting. Wouldn't you be skeptical if someone played that game with you?

Manforallseasons
November 11th, 2011, 20:40
Wouldn't you be skeptical if someone played that game with you?(quote)Narakmak

Reminds me when I was a kid, we used to play hide the matzoh or was it hide the herring?

Narakmak
November 11th, 2011, 20:47
Wouldn't you be skeptical if someone played that game with you?(quote)Narakmak

Reminds me when I was a kid, we used to play hide the matzoh or was it hide the herring?It is hide the matzoh, then find it and win a prize. I'm not interested in matzoh from justme's cheeks.

kittyboy
November 12th, 2011, 12:29

If you really want to get Nakarakmak irate tell him he is not the worlds authority on mexican food he believes himself to be. I can picture him going home cooking up a delicious spicy taco which he nibbles at around the edges to make sure it meets his very very high standards, then he sharpens the taco to a point and tries to jab your eye out, then throws his very special truly authentic everything else is shit salsa into your eyes for good measure.

Oh...he his one tough hombre with just a hint of cilantro around the edges which gives him that authentic mexican flavor.

Narakmak
November 12th, 2011, 13:52
Oh...he his one tough hombre with just a hint of cilantro around the edges which gives him that authentic mexican flavor.
:party
Gracias amiga. I like to think so!

jinks
November 12th, 2011, 16:03

AmigA . A A A ! :violent1:

Le no te quiero.

kittyboy
November 12th, 2011, 17:25
You are welcome.
OK - Here is a serious question...what is so important about matzo?
I am serious...I had matza bread at a friends house during the sedar and it tasted like dry cardboard.
Do people really like the stuff or is it just jewish tradition?

Narakmak
November 12th, 2011, 17:28
Yes people really do like the stuff and in the US it is eaten throughout the year. No, it's not good plain. You put stuff on it, dip it in stuff, use it as an ingredient for cooking dishes. The most popular dishes for matzoh are matzoh brie (like a savory not sweet French toast) and matzoh ball soup. There is no replacement for the taste of matzoh.

cdnmatt
November 12th, 2011, 19:33
You're bitching about not being able to find matzoh in Thailand? Must be nice.

I'm sitting here with a rolling pin, flour, baking powder, etc... making my own flour tortillas for fajitas. Oh, and I'm making my own fajita seasoning too, because they don't have that here either.

And if you guys have the luxury of non-organic bell peppers, lemons, and other things like that, then definitely don't complain. I'm paying about 300 baht/kilo for the things, because there's nothing except organic ones up here.

November 13th, 2011, 23:33
Well finally got some extra energy and time to get back for my rueben sandwich Gay Button stole from me.
First of all poor Sean looked a bit bruised up. Seems he was hit by a truck which sped away. Badly bruised and scrathched he was still there with his father holding down the fort. Get well soon Sean!

Anyway his father advised me that they had recieved so much publicity from this board and Gay Button that the new delivery of corned beef was already sold out. I got the last sandwich. Tee hee. He said the next delivery will be in 3 days. I really have to say that their pizzas are awesome also so dont stay away just because you are waiting on the corned beef.

I was able to buy a plastic pouch of pastrami to gently heat up next time I want a pastrami sanwich and cant make it sown to them.

Now I will also reprint this as a new thread but Sean and his father are cooking up a Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. There will be 2 or 3 seatings and he did offer that if there are enough of us, he will make one sitting exclusive for a gay seating.
He said he will send me the info in the morning and I will get it posted.
I know poor Monty is still in the hospital and whenever he gets out I would have to assume he needs hs rest and will need to call of their T Day dinner. So look tomorrow and let's get together for an emergency switch.

anyway the rueben was awesome, the pizza great last time, I sure am happy that Nakarakmak or whatever found this place!

November 13th, 2011, 23:39
First of all I want to wish Monty a speedy recovery as he is in the hospital. Several of us reserved T Day dinner at his place but seems the hopes are vanishing quickly as even if he is out in time, he should really be relaxing. So as hopes fade I announce the following for T Day.

Sean and John will be having T Day at Deli zza. There will be 2 or 3 seatings and if everyone quickly gets their act together, they have offered to have a gay seating. They have promised me that the menu and price will be coming over in the morning so watch and act quickly and I do wish Monty a full and speedy recovery.

On another note, Sean and John are making plans to have a private seating for a special corned beef and cabbage dinner complete with boiled potatoes, carrots. Again I will get the price and a date and see how many people would be interested.
Ahhhh, corned beef and cabbage.

November 14th, 2011, 10:22
Sean asked me to teell everyone that his place is open for business until 10pm and not midnight as previously reported.
He will make things and deliver up until midnight but not open for sit down from 10 - 12.