PDA

View Full Version : you could be a winner !!!!!

November 13th, 2011, 22:47
after the recent take over of the corner bar , there is a rumour that the new owners are thinking of a name change (allegely) and are going to run a compertition free to enter for anyone who has an idea for the new name..
they want the name to reflect the type of customers who frequent the bar ..
so far a few people have came up with the name *THE BARMY ARMY*
but way out in the lead at the moment is *THE EMBALMED ARMY*
feel free to post your ideas here as i know lmtu is going to pick the winning entry and even tho he no longer post on here he still reads the board all the time ...

November 13th, 2011, 22:58
Le Cafe de Coffin Dodgers?

Prostate Place?

Colostomy Corner?

Formaldehyde Club?

Hefty Hideout?

November 13th, 2011, 23:04
exellent answers scotty.. tho i think you could have pushed it to far.. as it could be constrewed as a personal attact on lmtu himself .. thanks for the laugh tho :evil4:

November 14th, 2011, 01:09
Let's adapt one fom BKK:

The Olden Cock

:sign5:

Marsilius
November 14th, 2011, 01:36
Or - very appealing to the older generation of Brits with fond memories of the BBC TV of their heyday - One Foot In The Grave.

arsenal
November 14th, 2011, 09:43
I love the way that the Great One has promoted himself to virtually a co-propriator, offering advice and words of wisdom before they had even unpacked their suitcases.

November 19th, 2011, 22:55
well after so little intrest in the naming of the bar it has been designed to the dustbin of life forum ..
but !!! the new name is to be * the olden cock in the grave * so i guess the two of you who half contributed towards the name should go and have a free game of pool ... let me know if the tables been leveled up ..
cheers :)

Beachlover
November 20th, 2011, 07:23
There's been some good naming suggestions so far so let me suggest some taglines along the same lines now. :happy7:

deleted flaming DaBoss

November 21st, 2011, 21:55
Well, there's a well-known bar in the Castro district of San Francisco which everyone calls "Heaven's Waiting Room."

In Pattaya, it would have a double meaning.

:party

November 21st, 2011, 23:26
I think Kool boy would be good, in keeping with Krazy Dragon down the soi

November 21st, 2011, 23:30
i think anything with boy in the title would be a bit misleading ... as would anything with kool .. but you can have another go :party

November 21st, 2011, 23:38
Surely "The Cottage Inn" must be worth a shout - after all that is how most of the punters will have spent half their lives.

:occasion9:

jinks
November 22nd, 2011, 01:20
Hey we must include our north american cousins.....

Cottage Rest Room

November 22nd, 2011, 05:08
"Stairway To Heaven"

puckered_penguin
November 22nd, 2011, 22:34
The Hospice
The old fool and his money....
or as some Thais refer to the barmy army as million year old turtles then how about 'The Old Turtles Bar'

November 22nd, 2011, 22:58
Fugitive's Funbar

gcboyz
November 23rd, 2011, 16:20
The Red Knob Inn. so if you get lost you can always ask. "how far is the Red Knob Inn?"
:laughing3: