PDA

View Full Version : Non immigrant O visa

November 11th, 2011, 06:35
I am in Thailand on a non immigrant O visa which
Was issued as valid for 12 months with 90 days stay
On arrival.
Could anyone advise if at the end ( or close to)
Of the 90 days can I do a border crossing or
Will I need to fly out of an international airport?
I am using an I phone and have tried to search
The forums first but I am having trouble reading
All the threads

November 11th, 2011, 07:40
I was given an O visa as a spouse
Am not yet 55.
5 years ago I married my partners sister
So I could assist her to come to new Zealand
Seems fate repaid me for this by giving
Me the chance to live in Thailand instead

mahjongguy
November 11th, 2011, 11:15
Be careful of the advice you receive. It may cause you a lot of grief. Your question, along with more visa and entry details, really belongs on ThaiVisa.Com but here's a few facts:

An 'O' visa is not a retirement visa. It is a multi-purpose visa and it allows entry for only 90 days. By the end of that period you must
- exit and re-enter the country (on the same visa if it is Multiple Entry and still valid at that time), or
- have your Permission To Stay extended for one year based on Retirement or on Marriage. If you are not 50yo you cannot get Retirement. If your wife is in NZ you cannot get Marriage.

An actual Retirement Visa is an 'OA'. Very similar but it comes already extended for one year.

PattayaBob
November 11th, 2011, 17:57
I know if you go out of country with a Non Immigrant O (retirement visa) you must have gotten from Immigration a re-entry permit or else your O visa is canceled out and must apply again.

Narakmak
November 11th, 2011, 18:03
I know if you go out of country with a Non Immigrant O (retirement visa) you must have gotten from Immigration a re-entry permit or else your O visa is canceled out and must apply again.
If you have an O-A multiple entry that is valid (these are the only things called retirement visas and they are only available from your home country) you don't need to go to Thai immigration for a permit to travel. On reentry you get an additional year as long as the original O-A is valid. After that you would need to purchase additional entries as needed, and eventually apply for an annual retirement extension.

For those on annual retirement extensions obtained in Thailand, whether using an O or an O-A as the primary base, they do need to purchase single or multiple entry permits to be able to travel to keep the current permission to stay valid. If that chain is broken, yes a new O visa or O-A visa must be applied for. O visas for this purpose can be done in Thailand (not O-As).

PattayaBob
November 11th, 2011, 21:18
I beg to differ with Narakmak...I entered Thailand without a Retirement Visa, went to Singapore and got a 90 day visa and then applied for my O visa here...I did not get it in my home country. But the point I was making before which again misinterpreted by Naramak...if you have a O visa u must have a reentry permit before you leave the country, if you do not they will use your O visa and it will be voided out and you MUST reapply. The reentry visa protects your Year (O) Visa. If you have any questions go down to Immigration they will be more than willing to answer your questions or you to Thaivisa.com good luck....

November 11th, 2011, 22:17
Well I came to Thailand on a 30 day visa and they extended it another 30 days when it was almost up. Then they extended it another 30 or 60 days and then I applied here in Thailand for my O-A visa with multiple entry and got it. Have reported every 90 days and have had the O-A visa renewed each year. I did however select not to renew my multiple entry this time so the O-A retirement visa stands alone. The fact that you must apply for the O-A visa in your home country is totally false.

Narakmak
November 11th, 2011, 23:01
I beg to differ with Narakmak...I entered Thailand without a Retirement Visa, went to Singapore and got a 90 day visa and then applied for my O visa here...I did not get it in my home country. But the point I was making before which again misinterpreted by Naramak...if you have a O visa u must have a reentry permit before you leave the country, if you do not they will use your O visa and it will be voided out and you MUST reapply. The reentry visa protects your Year (O) Visa. If you have any questions go down to Immigration they will be more than willing to answer your questions or you to Thaivisa.com good luck....
You can beg all you want. You have said nothing to contradict me except that you don't know what is called a retirement visa (O-A).
You never had a retirement visa.
You go a single entry O and then retirement extensions.
A retirement visa is an O-A. That is the only thing that is a retirement visa.
You are correct, you need reentry permits, one way or another.
For people who start with an O-A (retirement) visa from their home country that is a multiple entry O-A, they get an entire year each time they reenter as long as the original visa is valid.

Narakmak
November 11th, 2011, 23:03
Well I came to Thailand on a 30 day visa and they extended it another 30 days when it was almost up. Then they extended it another 30 or 60 days and then I applied here in Thailand for my O-A visa with multiple entry and got it. Have reported every 90 days and have had the O-A visa renewed each year. I did however select not to renew my multiple entry this time so the O-A retirement visa stands alone. The fact that you must apply for the O-A visa in your home country is totally false.
No you didn't.
No person in history has ever obtained an O-A visa in Thailand.
You can get an O visa (not an O-A) in Thailand as part of the process of getting an annual extension based on retirement.
That is the two step process, first the O visa in Thailand, then the annual extension based on retirement. Never an O-A involved in that, not ever in history.
Trust me, not the matzoh liar.

Not justme, I know you are a stubborn coot and think you're right, when I know you're wrong.
So dear PROVE to use you got an O-A visa issued in Thailand.
Post a picture of it here.
No, not your O visa.
No, not your retirement extensions.
An image of an O-A visa with a marking saying it was issued in Thailand.
P.S. -- no photoshop tricks!

Please folks listen to people who know what they are talking about, not fools spreading false information.

jinks
November 12th, 2011, 00:51
We went through this in 2009.

The thread the-month-non-immigrant-long-stay-visa-t15034.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/the-month-non-immigrant-long-stay-visa-t15034.html)

Smiles, love him, posted >>>>

http://www.wpcoe.com/visa/ = Retirement Visa from within Thailand.

http://www.mfa.go.th = Retirement Visa from outside Thailand.

November 12th, 2011, 01:04
Well I am looking at my passport and I remember it all being done within the same period of time.
ntered and was issued a secon or third (cant remember) extention April 1, 2009. Directy on the next page is a full page RETIREMENT and then handwritten it says NON O but stamped retirement. Then the 90 day reporting and I also had a multiple re entry visa stamped on the same day April 1,2009.
I am sorry but I will not post a copy of my passport or their pages on an open forum but will send them to a reasonably sane person who I trust can read and then discard them.
I know what I did and I looked and can reflect on the dates.
I got an extention for 30 days and then another for 3o days and then I got my 1 year retirement here in Thailand.

Love your new avatar. It certainly depicts you!

Narakmak
November 12th, 2011, 01:06
Right, of course, but done from within Thailand, it is never an O-A visa, and never a retirement visa. Again, only 0-A visa from your home country are retirement visas. Of course, you don't ever need a retirement visa to retire for life in Thailand on retirement extensions, but you do need some kind of O obtained in Thailand, your home country, or a third country to start the process. The O-A visas have special features such as the one year stamps on reentries and being able to money qualify by showing money in an account outside of Thailand, so they can be stretched two years before needing to enter the extension system in Thailand.

November 12th, 2011, 01:12
No my love, on the full page stamp of the visa, there is a small square stamp that says "retirement". All obtained here in Thailand and nothing was done in my home country. I am confused. Do you work for immigration here in Thailand?

Narakmak
November 12th, 2011, 01:21
No my love, on the full page stamp of the visa, there is a small square stamp that says "retirement". All obtained here in Thailand and nothing was done in my home country. I am confused. Do you work for immigration here in Thailand?
You aren't confused. You simply lack basic knowledge. Yes of course it is marked retirement. You have an O visa and retirement extension(s). You don't have an O-A visa. An O-A visa is the only thing that exists that is a retirement visa. An O-A visa is never available in Thailand. Retirement extensions are.

Do I work for immigration? No. But I can provide better information, in English. than you will get at immigration.

November 12th, 2011, 03:03
Well maybe I am right and maybe I am wrong but it is a retirement visa and that is all I care about. Your posts still show though that it si not possible for you to have any friends because you have absolutely no idea how to have a decent repectable conversation with someone.
Its early morning and I must get ready for my doctor visits but first a good breakfast of ham, eggs, and matzoh!

Narakmak
November 12th, 2011, 04:20
Well maybe I am right and maybe I am wrong but it is a retirement visa and that is all I care about. Your posts still show though that it si not possible for you to have any friends because you have absolutely no idea how to have a decent repectable conversation with someone.
Its early morning and I must get ready for my doctor visits but first a good breakfast of ham, eggs, and matzoh!
Not maybe anything.
If your visa isn't labeled O-A, you don't have a retirement visa. And if you started with an O visa in Thailand, it is impossible for it to be an O-A retirement visa. I know this for a fact. 100 percent. I am an expert on this subject area. So who is the piggy, stubborn one? You can't accept that some people know more about some things than you do. People who have used actual retirement visas (O-A) will understand there are some differences between an O-A and an O, in application process and location, and some different features.

What you did do, again (you are so slow!) is get an O visa in Thailand (not an O-A visa and not a retirement visa) and then an annual extension based on retirement.

Its funny that you mention ham, eggs, and matzoh as that is what I am going to eat tomorrow. I have one matzoh left from my last trip to the US. I make matzoh brie with it (matzoh soaked in egg), add chopped jalapeno peppers, diced ham, and fry in olive oil, served with avocado on the side. Since you are such a matzoh pig, you might as well get some tips on delicious ways to cook it. I am happy to share that with you even though you are a total selfish arrogant pig.

November 12th, 2011, 04:41
I really must bring this to a close. As I stated before, I could careless whether I have an O-A or an O or a freaking XYZ visa just as long as they give it to me each and every year without the least bit of hesitation jow isn't that the point? I qualify for a retirement visa and however you wish to call it, I have it.

As far as the matzoh, :sign5: , just talk nicely to people and you can certainly always (I would hope) get what you want!
Now all I did was to google it and I found a restaurant/sore in Bangkok. The store was for the shits and as far as I am concerned so was the restaurant. None of the common dishes I was hoping to find like gefilte fish, chopped liver, matzah ball soup and all. the store had even less, BUT they did sell matzoh when I asked and they sold me a case. Would assume if I made the long trip back to the store I can easily get it again.

Now would you like me to give you that box of matzoh so you dont have to go to Bangkok. You are one crazy man but I certainly dont hate you or really anyone else for that matter. Tell me when and where and I will bring you a box, FREE! :love7:

PS Your recipe sounds wonderful and I will have to try it. Thank you

Narakmak
November 12th, 2011, 04:52
You never had a retirement visa. You are using retirement extensions. Your O is not an O-A. No problem but you are under the delusion that you have something you don't. In some cases, people can get into trouble that way. It is best to know what you actually have in your passport precisely.

Thank you for the clues about the Bangkok store. An actual store name and location would be nice, but beggars aren't choosers.

Making matzoh brie, if you don't know, you must first soften the matzohs a bit by pouring water over them before breaking them up and putting into the egg to soak. Oh, also add some hot Hungarian paprika to the egg mixture.

November 12th, 2011, 11:22
I would have given it to you but I have hospital visits every 2 days at 6 in the morning and had to run. I never saved the information but I couod go and Google it for you if you g=have not found it already. Advise.

2lz2p
November 12th, 2011, 11:59
I am in Thailand on a non immigrant O visa which Was issued as valid for 12 months with 90 days stay On arrival. Could anyone advise if at the end ( or close to) Of the 90 days can I do a border crossing or Will I need to fly out of an international airport?

To answer the original question, if the Non-Immigrant O Visa is valid for 12 months, it should also have an "M" or "Multiple" on it. In that cae you received a 90 day Permission to Stay upon arrival. You will need to leave before the 90 day permission expires and then re-enter. You will receive another 90 days so long as the Non-Immigrant O visa is still valid. It doesn't matter if it is airport or land border since you have a valid Visa. The restriction that applies for a land border crossing is for those countries that are Visa Exempt - they are limited to a 15 day permission to stay (if entering at airport - 30 days).

Also, for those that are following the (ahem) discussion regarding retirement visas -- Visas will have on them the type they are, for most it will be either Tourist or Non-Immigrant. The Non-Immigrant will have an alphabetic letter depending on the purpose of travel for which the Visa was issued, e.g. "B" Business, "ED" Education, "O" Other (can be for many different reasons, married or related to a Thai, etc.). The Thai Embassies/Consulates in certain countries, such as USA, UK, Australia, Canada, some Western European, etc., also offer a "Non-Immigrant O-A" called either a "long stay" or "retirement" - some of these are also "M" for Multiple Entry -- the O-A is issued for purposes of retirement in the Kingdom, generally must be applied for in your home country, and requires that you document you meet the age and financial resources requirements (they also usually require a Medical Certificate and a clean Police Report).

On entry into Thailand with a Non-Immigrant Visa (other than O-A), you will get a "permission to stay" stamp for a 90 day period. UNLESS you extend that permission to stay at Thai Immigration within Thailand, you must leave on or before the "permitted stay" date stamped in the passport (this stamp IS NOT a visa - you can enter on a Visa up to the expiration date shown on it and you will get the full number of days allowed - 60 for Tourist and 90 for Non-Immigrant). If the Visa is not a multiple entry, it is stamped USED upon arrival and is no longer valid. If you were issued a Non-Immigrant O-A Visa, then you will get a one year permitted stay when you enter Thailand. If the O-A is multiple entry, then you can leave and return to Thailand receiving another one year stay on each entry UP AND UNTIL the expiration date shown on the O-A Visa.

If you entered on a regular Non-Immigrant Visa, then Thai Immigration will extend the stay for up to one year for certain permitted purposes provided you document your qualification under Immigration Police Order 777-2551 http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/Police%20Order%20777-2551%20for%20Visa%20Extension%202008.pdf - there are many reasons for granting "extensions of stay" - one being that you have a Non-Immigrant Visa.

If you entered on a "O" category, you can apply for an extension based on retirement (or marriage to Thai if that is the case, etc.) providing you document that you qualify for the "extension." If the "extension of stay" is for retirement - Immigration will also place a stamp "Retirement" with the extension stamp - this shows the reason the extension was granted and that it being on the basis of retirement, you are not permitted to work. Also, if you enter on a Tourist Visa or a Visa Exempt category and you qualify to extend your stay for retirement, you can apply for Non-Immigrant "O" Visa at a Thai Immigration Office in Thailand. There is a two step process -- one, they issue the Non-Immigrant "O" Visa (again, the "O" simply means "Other" - not retirement. Step two, usually done the right after they put the Visa in the passport, is to apply for an "extension of stay" for the purpose of retirement. They will then enter the "extension" stamp and also the stamp that says "retirement" next to it to show the purpose of the extension and that work is thus a "no no." Also, if you apply for the "O" Visa in Thailand, you do not have to have a Medical Certificate or Police Report as you do if applying for an "O-A" at a Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home country.

jinks
November 12th, 2011, 14:58
Thank you for totally correct information from an old poster re-registered.
I know you have lived in Thailand for ever :glasses7:

I have made (as above) an avatar, as you described your brand to me, at the Icon oh so many years ago.

Welcome back.

Narakmak
November 12th, 2011, 15:10
Agreed. But info I posted is also totally correct. Am I chopped liver then?

PattayaBob
November 12th, 2011, 20:19
Naramak you are one obnoxious and arrogant person. Who the he'll are you to tell myself and Justme that we do not have Retirement Visas I have an O A and never got it in my home country...be live it or not I do...enough said about this go get some sex

Narakmak
November 12th, 2011, 20:53
Naramak you are one obnoxious and arrogant person. Who the he'll are you to tell myself and Justme that we do not have Retirement Visas I have an O A and never got it in my home country...be live it or not I do...enough said about this go get some sex
There is an exception. For permanent residents of a third country, for example an American permanent resident in the Philippines, sometimes they can get an O-A there. Otherwise, it is from the the home country. In the history of Thai immigration, you won't find one 0-A visa issued in Thailand. I would bet major money on that and I am a cheapskate so my confidence is total.
You CAN get an O visa in Thailand (not an O-A) as part of the two step process where the second step is a retirement extension.
You didn't get an O-A visa in Thailand. I know you didn't say that. You said you didn't get it in your home country. I just explained the exception. If you are telling the truth about getting an O-A not in your home country, you got it in a third country of long residence. Cheers.

Who the hell am I? I am someone who understands retirement visas and ways to retire in Thailand for one thing. Justme doesn't have a retirement visa if he doesn't have an O-A and he has already made it clear he doesn't have an O-A. He is under the delusion that he has/had a retirement visa, but he most certainly doesn't.

People, you are being silly. You don't ever need a retirement visa (O-A) to retire in Thailand for life. It is only one option. Meaning there are other ways. Justme and many others (including me) went with other ways (O to retirement extensions rather than O-A to retirement extensions).

2lz2p
November 13th, 2011, 15:13
Narakmak,

I think you are beating a dead horse -- also, technically there is no such thing as a "retirement" visa at all -- the O-A visa is often called that because it is issued only to those that meet the requirements to stay in Thailand for purpose of retirement -- The Royal Thai Embassy in Washington, DC, USA refers to it a Non-Immigrant Long Stay http://www.thaiembdc.org/consular/visa/Tourist.aspx - in left hand column of listing of visa types- when you click on it, it states:
Non-Immigrant Visa Category тАЬO-AтАЭ (Long Stay)
Purpose of Visit:-
This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working.
Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.

"Long Stay" is is also the term used on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website http://www.mfa.go.th/web/12.php That page under eligibility also notes
1.4 Having the nationality of or residence in the country where applicantтАЩs application is submitted.

Narakmak, you are also correct that the exceptions are if you are a long term resident in another country - I have assisted two individuals with advice during the past year - one was a US citizen in Japan retiring from the US Army there - he obtained an O-A visa from the Royal Thai Embassy in Tokyo -- another had been living for a period of time in the Philippines and likewise got an O-A visa issued there. You will know if you have that type of visa as it will say "Non-Immigrant O-A" on the visa itself. If it says "Non-Immigrant O" on the visa, then it is issued in the "Other" category and permits only a 90 day stay upon arrival - an O-A visa will receive a one year stay on arrival.

My Non-Immigrant "O" Visa expired many years ago -- I made my initial application for an extension of stay for one year in July 2002. Since then, before my "permission to stay" expires, I go to Immigration and apply for another one year "extension of stay." Since my "Visa" is no longer valid, when I want to leave Thailand, I get a "re-entry permit" - this keeps my permission to stay date the same when I re-enter Thailand - no new visa required. The stamp they put in my passport does not say "Visa" on it -- it says I am permitted to stay in the Kingdom until a certain date. My initial and first few years of renewing the extension - there was no "RETIREMENT" stamp next to the extension -- there was a statement about not being permitted to work. It was only during the last few years they replaced that stamp with the one they use now that simply says "RETIREMENT."

You will also hear people refer to having a "30 day visa" or "visa on arrival" because they had a stamp put in their passport that gives them a 30 day permitted stay (15 days if coming into Thailand at a land border). Again, that is incorrect terminology -- citizens of around 40 or so countries are permitted to enter Thailand without a visa -- the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Embassies/Consulates around the world refer to it as being "Visa Exempt" - no visa required to enter Thailand. Likewise, Thailand does have a visa on arrival for citizens of some other countries - they get a "visa" put in their passport on arrival and then receive a 15 day permission to stay based on that visa.

As Sean Connery said in the movie Untouchables, "Thus endeth the lesson." Unfortunately, it will certainly fall on certain deaf ears and is no doubt useless to belabor the point because they will probably never get it.

PattayaBob
November 13th, 2011, 15:58
Non-Immigrant Visa┬а тАЬO-AтАЭ (Long Stay) Extension ┬а┬а
This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in ┬аThailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working.┬а
Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year.┬а Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
1. Eligibility
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а 1.1 Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application).
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а 1.2 Applicant not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а 1.3 Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicantтАЩs nationality or residence.
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а 1.4 Having the nationality of or residence in the country where applicantтАЩs application is submitted.
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а 1.5 Not having prohibitive diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 ┬аB.E. 2535.
2. Required Documents
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а - Passport with validity of not less than 18 months.
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а - 3 copies of completed visa application forms.
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а - 3 passport-sized photos (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past six
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а months.
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а - A personal data form.
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а -A copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а - In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required.
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а - A letter of verification issued from the country of his or her nationality or residence stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicantтАЩs diplomatic or consular mission).
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а - A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicantтАЩs diplomatic or consular mission).
- In the case where the accompanying spouse is not eligible to apply for ┬аthe Category тАШO-AтАЩ (Long Stay) visa, he or she will be considered for temporary stay under Category тАШOтАЩ visa.┬а A marriage certificate must be provided as evidence and should be notarised by notary organs or by the applicantтАЩs diplomatic or consular mission.
3. Channels to submit application
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а Applicant may submit their application at the Royal Thai embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand located on Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120. Tel 0-2287-4948 (direct) ┬аor ┬а0-2287-3101 - 10 ┬аext. 2236. Or applicant must submit their application at their local Immigration office.
4. Visa fee
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а 2,000 Baht for single entry
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а 5,000 Baht for multiple entries
5. Recommendations for foreigners with Non-Immigrant Visa тАЬO-AтАЭ (Long Stay) while staying in the Kingdom
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а 5.1┬а Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry.┬а During the one-year period, if he or she wishes to leave and re-enter the country, he or she is required to apply at the Immigration office for re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure.┬а In the case of leaving the country without a re-entry permit, the permit to stay for 1 year shall be considered void.
5.2 ┬аAt the end of the 90-day stay , the foreigner must report to the immigration officer in his or her residence area and report again every 90 days during his or her stay in Thailand.┬а The foreigner may report to the police station if there is no immigration office in his or her residence area.
5.3┬а Foreigner may report to the competent authority by post and should provide the following:
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а - A report form (Tor Mor 47).
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а - A copy of passport pages showing the foreignerтАЩs photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp.┬а┬а
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а -┬а A copy of the previous receipt of acknowledgement. ┬а
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а - A self-addressed envelope with postage affixed.
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а Such documents must be sent to the Office of the Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120, and must be submitted 7 days before the end of every 90-day period.┬а A receipt of acknowledgement will be given and should be used for future correspondence.┬а
5.4 ┬аForeigner who wishes to extend his or her stay shall submit a request for extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer or a deposit account in Thailand or an income certificate showing an amount of not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate plus a deposit account showing a total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht.┬а A one-year extension of stay shall be granted at the discretion of the immigration officer to the foreigner as long as he or she meets the above requirements.
http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2493

Narakmak
November 13th, 2011, 16:01
Some more about the differences between an O-A visa (the only visa that is a retirement visa) and retirement extensions, etc.

Supposing a long term American resident of Thailand wanted a retirement visa?
Well, first of all, if he is a permanent resident of Thailand, he doesn't need a visa.
If he wanted an O-A visa he would have to apply to a Thai embassy or consulate that offers them. There are none in Thailand. Thai immigration does not offer O-A (retirement) visas, never has in history.

So he could go back to the USA and apply for an O-A visa, which would be idiotic, or he could start with an O visa (not an O-A retirement visa) obtained in Thailand or a neighboring country and then apply for annual extension based on retirement.

What's the diff?

O-A visas

You apply in your home country or sometimes if you a long term resident of another country other than Thailand
You need a medical form filled out (supplied by Thai embassy or consulate) by a doctor usually from your home country
You need a police clearance report from your home country, or a third country as above, but never Thailand
When your O-A (retirement visa) is valid and you have got a multientry one, every time you leave and reenter Thailand during it's validity you get an instant additional one year stamp on entering Thailand
You can financially qualify showing banked money not in Thailand, typically in your home country
Eventually, people starting with O-As enter the regular retirement extension system like everyone else and lose any special features their original O-A gave them, as above

O visas/retirement extensions (not retirement visas, only an O-A is a retirement visa)

You can obtain an O visa, single or multi, in your home country, Thailand as part of the two step retirement extension process, or a third country
No medical form required
No police report required
For retirement extensions for those using a bank account method, the money must be in a bank account in Thailand (contrast to an actual retirement visa O-A)
While on retirement extensions using reentry permits you only get your current permission to stay restored when entering, you never get an instant additional year as you do with a multi O-A retirement visa

Sorted for you all now?
Again, if your visa doesn't say O-A, it is not a retirement visa. Period, end of story.

PattayaBob
November 13th, 2011, 16:03
Naramak hate to prove u wrong my Retirement Visa Guru......I have one of the above visas....and if you look at the section "Applicant may submit their application at the Royal Thai embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand located on Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120. Tel 0-2287-4948 (direct) ┬аor ┬а0-2287-3101 - 10 ┬аext. 2236. Or applicant must submit their application at their local Immigration office. " you will see you are wrong, so wrong...like I said last time go get some "sex" and relax . You just don't see the forest through the trees....u just like having the last say...but I just showed you I got my O-A visa in Bangkok like my post said you could. Get a life....

Narakmak
November 13th, 2011, 16:08
Naramak hate to prove u wrong my Retirement Visa Guru......I have one of the above visas....and if you look at the section "Applicant may submit their application at the Royal Thai embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand located on Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120. Tel 0-2287-4948 (direct) ┬аor ┬а0-2287-3101 - 10 ┬аext. 2236. Or applicant must submit their application at their local Immigration office. " you will see you are wrong, so wrong...like I said last time go get some "sex" and relax
They won't issue an O-A in Thailand period. You'll get an O only as part of the two step process. I am not wrong. You are wrong.

If you really wanted to prove this, show us an image of an O-A visa that was issued in Thailand. I know you can't. Nobody can.

The kind where if it is a multi you can reenter and get an instant year's stay, the kind where you could qualify showing money in the USA rather than Thailand. This doesn't exist. Stop playing games and wasting our time with your BS.

PattayaBob
November 13th, 2011, 17:10
I don't have to prove anything to you, I know what I have and how I got it....and if u could read you would see that you can submit application in Bangkok ...just read and close your mouth

November 13th, 2011, 17:21
I am not going to say what you can and cannot get but I want to address the money issue.
I recieve a good retirement check every month. Please not bragging but the retirement check proves that over the course of the year I qualify same as having 800,000 or more in the bank. I go to Bangkok to the US Ebassy or go to Best Western?Dusit when they come down here and I raise my paw and swear that I recieve such and such and they notorize it. They charge a freaking fortune in my opinion but it is the only game in town.
Anyhoo, I take that with my papers to the immigration office at Jomtien and they accept it and treat it as "money in the bank".

Narakmak
November 13th, 2011, 19:09
I don't have to prove anything to you, I know what I have and how I got it....and if u could read you would see that you can submit application in Bangkok ...just read and close your mouth
You don't have to prove it because you are a bullshit artist. This is all about arguing with me and nothing to do with the real facts for you. That's just stupid. I am telling everyone else, because you are hopeless, it is impossible to get an O-A visa in Thailand. Period.

You are putting out false information to people learning about these issues to feed your own sick ego. That's disgusting. I know the truth, I've known about the language you cited for years, and I also know if you apply there, that language is meaningless, the reality is that they won't be granting any O-A visas in Thailand. Don't give people the idea that they can just because you want a pissing match with me, A real O-A multi entry visa does give you special features such as a instant extra year on reentry. Again, you can't get this in Thailand. If you want the O-A be advised about the truth and that means your home country for almost everyone except permanent residents with Thai embassies that will accept an O-A application from other nationals.

About the issue of the name for the O-A visa. Yes over the years the labeling has transitioned to Long Stay visa but it is also still known as the retirement visa. In any case, you have to be over 50, so you get the connection with retirement age people.

Narakmak
November 13th, 2011, 19:13
I am not going to say what you can and cannot get but I want to address the money issue.
I recieve a good retirement check every month. Please not bragging but the retirement check proves that over the course of the year I qualify same as having 800,000 or more in the bank. I go to Bangkok to the US Ebassy or go to Best Western?Dusit when they come down here and I raise my paw and swear that I recieve such and such and they notorize it. They charge a freaking fortune in my opinion but it is the only game in town.
Anyhoo, I take that with my papers to the immigration office at Jomtien and they accept it and treat it as "money in the bank".
You're confusing issues.

There are various ways to qualify for either O-A visas, O visas, and retirement extensions.
But for retirement extensions done in Thailand (the only place to do them actually) you must show the 800k in a Thai bank account if you happen to be using the bank account mehod.
You can also use the embassy letter method or the combo method, mixing the embassy letter plus Thai bank account to total 800K.
For O-A visas you can also use different methods. However, for the O-A visa if you are using the bank account as part or all of your qualification, the banked money doesn't need to be in Thailand.
For O visas done in tandem with retirement extensions in Thailand, the banked money does need to be in Thailand. Obviously if you are covered by the amount of your income, this isn't an issue for!
O-A visas are never available in Thailand. Trust me, not the game players.

November 13th, 2011, 23:55
Well I am not going to say that you know or dont know everything but I will say that you are stating that I in fact have an O visa with a retirement extention. That is probably true and I got it here in Thailand which is also true, BUT I have renewed my visa two times already and your statement that says I must have the money here in Thailand is not true.
I have the letter from the embassy and it is good enough along with showing that I have an open bank account in Thailand.
So if you are correct that I have an O then you are not correct in saying the money MUST be here. Now which is it that you are incorrect about. :dontknow:

Narakmak
November 14th, 2011, 00:14
Well I am not going to say that you know or dont know everything but I will say that you are stating that I in fact have an O visa with a retirement extention. That is probably true and I got it here in Thailand which is also true, BUT I have renewed my visa two times already and your statement that says I must have the money here in Thailand is not true.
I have the letter from the embassy and it is good enough along with showing that I have an open bank account in Thailand.
So if you are correct that I have an O then you are not correct in saying the money MUST be here. Now which is it that you are incorrect about. :dontknow:
Please stop twisting what I said! That's a pattern with you and you don't even seem to be aware of it!
Of course if you are using the embassy letter method and your income is over 65K baht per month, you don't need to show banked money in any country!
Reread my post. I was quite clear that there were different methods.
For those who do use banked money to qualify, either completely by showing 800K or as part of the combo method with banked money plus embassy letter, when going for retirement extensions in Thailand, the banked money must be in a Thai bank account. For the 800K method, it needs to be seasoned for two months before the first extension application, and three months for subsequent ones.
In your case, you use the embassy letter completely and these bank account details don't apply. Are you with me now or are you deliberately acting like you don't get it to annoy me?

Here is the deal, dude.
You understand what you did, how you are doing it, and also you seem to be jumping to conclusions about the universality of your experience when you have only done this one way.
I understand how everyone is doing with all the different possible wrinkles.
The way you are doing it does not represent all the different ways of doing it.
I get that you wouldn't care to know all that I do. But I do know it, sorry if that makes some people angry.
Yes, it is true. I know more than immigration officers about this. I definitely know more than the jerks who work at embassies and consulates, they don't have a clue about what happens once you get to Thailand.

Also note, the character who implied that he got an O-A in Thailand or that it is even possible will be shutting up now. Because he knows he never did, and he knows I know he never did.

November 14th, 2011, 07:35
First, you would be a much nicer person if you weren't so damned condesending. It is irritating to say the least!
Second, you acuse people, and me in this case as twisting and manipulating your words deliberately when in fact someone like me is reading and trying to understan, just in case you are right, and is just confused by what you are trying to say.
While you have explained yourself in detail THIS TIME, your previous comment that pushed me to make the comment was this one:

"For retirement extensions for those using a bank account method, the money must be in a bank account in Thailand (contrast to an actual retirement visa O-A)".

To me that stated that the funds needed to be in Thailand and I knew that was wrong.
So God damned pompus and arrogant when people are just trying to have a conversation with you.

PattayaBob
November 14th, 2011, 07:46
Justme where did we get this senile old windbag know it all "dude" he just like to hear himself talk, he knows more than Immigration and Embassy staff...and knows what u and I have and does not believe what we say pt Thaivisa says. Narakmak you are a sad person and have nothing more in life to be the Big Hero, Authority of EVERYTHING on message boards. You make these boards a joke and your attempt to bully posters. I'm not going to partake in these conversations with you because you are a fool and I'm too educated to lower myself to your standards. Take up fishing, guess the sex wasn't good. :party And Justme, this guy makes these posts antagonistic and not fun, this is not what we are looking for here.

PattayaBob
November 14th, 2011, 08:20
And one more thing Nakarak I'm not looking for a pissing duel with anyone, am just looking for civilized conversation and exchange which I can see from many of your other posts is not possible. You are a shit stirrer. And bad for this forum.

2lz2p
November 14th, 2011, 11:37
Hmmmm - to me it seems the argument between certain posters is more important than the message or its accuracy. Also, as mentioned, some will probably never "get it."

Just Me wrote:

BUT I have renewed my visa two times already and your statement that says I must have the money here in Thailand is not true.
So if you are correct that I have an O then you are not correct in saying the money MUST be here. Now which is it that you are incorrect about.

The extension of stay IS NOT A VISA AND YOU DO NOT RENEW IT - what you renewed was your extension of stay - Form TM.7, Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom. http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/tm7%20application%20form.pdf

As to requirements, with all the "did too" "did not" comments, others reading this thread might find this checklist showing the documents required for the initial application and renewal of extensions a good resource: http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/retirementvisachecklist.pdf. Also, as to recent happenings (new procedures, etc.) at Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration, you can check this page on the same website: http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/Immigration.pdf.

Also to clarify regarding the "financial resources" to qualify - for an O-A obtained in another country, you can use money in bank (does not have to be in Thailand) for the full 800k Baht equivalent or a portion of it. You can also use monthly "income" that when multiplied times 12 months will exceed the 800k or when multiplied by 12 months and added to money in bank will exceed the 800k.

When you apply to extend your stay in Thailand, IF you are using money in the bank for all or any portion of the 800k Baht financial resources, it will need to be in a Thai bank in an appropriate type of account (no restrictions on withdrawal of funds). IF you are using the money in bank for the full 800k Baht, on your initial (first) application for extension, it will need to have been on deposit at least 60 days - for subsequent (renewal) extensions, it will need to have been on deposit at least 90 days. If you are using a combo of income and bank account, there is no time requirement on how long it has to be on deposit. If you are using monthly income to meet all or a portion of the 800k financial resources, Immigration will require a "Letter" from your Embassy attesting to the monthly income -- what evidence you may need to support that will depend on your Embassy -- some require documentation whereas others accept an "attestation" (I swear . . .).

Also, if you entered on a Tourist Visa or Visa Exempt -- you can do the two step process previously mentioned (obtain an "O" Visa and then a "one year extension). If you are using the full 800k in a Thai bank and it has not been there for the full 60 days, Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration has in the past given the Non-Immigrant "O" Visa and placed a 90 day permitted stay -- then tell you to come back after the money is on deposit for 60 days and apply for the one year extension.

While the Ministry of Foreign Affairs may say you can apply for the long stay (retirement) visa in Thailand, it is the Immigration Bureau of the Ministry of Interior that says yes or no -- and to my knowledge, they have never issued an O-A Visa within Thailand-- only the two step process mentioned of getting an "O" and having that extended for one year. I do not claim to be an expert, but I do try to be knowledgeable on Thai Immigration issues and stay abreast of the latest procedures and requirements for most items of interest to Expats.

--------------------------------
By the way Jinks, thanks for getting me my original user name back and creating the nifty avatar showing the cattle brand -- glad you remembered when we chatted at the Icon so long ago - 2 (Lazy 2) P .

November 14th, 2011, 11:46
The arguement or discussion is irrelevant to me, the topic as to the requirements is way over my head and I am sure many of the posters. For "me" I guess the bottom line is that I have what I have, I get what I need every year to stay here and I don't have to go home. I reapply each year and they stamp me for the next year. Say la vie whatever its called. I have it. :3some:

Narakmak
November 14th, 2011, 14:00
First, you would be a much nicer person if you weren't so damned condesending. It is irritating to say the least!
Second, you acuse people, and me in this case as twisting and manipulating your words deliberately when in fact someone like me is reading and trying to understan, just in case you are right, and is just confused by what you are trying to say.
While you have explained yourself in detail THIS TIME, your previous comment that pushed me to make the comment was this one:

"For retirement extensions for those using a bank account method, the money must be in a bank account in Thailand (contrast to an actual retirement visa O-A)".

To me that stated that the funds needed to be in Thailand and I knew that was wrong.
So God damned pompus and arrogant when people are just trying to have a conversation with you.
Have you heard of CONTEXT. You state one sentence out of context to twist meaning. That's sleazy and lazy. Any intelligent person reading the full post would have seen I talked about different methods. If you are using the banked money method, yes, you need to show it in Thailand for retirement extension applications. If applying for an O-A outside Thailand using the banked money method, you don't. If you aren't using a banked money method, it is not relevant! Is that so hard for you to deal with? Read the post again and stop accusing me of being unclear when all the information was already there.

Narakmak
November 14th, 2011, 14:03
Justme where did we get this senile old windbag know it all "dude" he just like to hear himself talk, he knows more than Immigration and Embassy staff...and knows what u and I have and does not believe what we say pt Thaivisa says. Narakmak you are a sad person and have nothing more in life to be the Big Hero, Authority of EVERYTHING on message boards. You make these boards a joke and your attempt to bully posters. I'm not going to partake in these conversations with you because you are a fool and I'm too educated to lower myself to your standards. Take up fishing, guess the sex wasn't good. :party And Justme, this guy makes these posts antagonistic and not fun, this is not what we are looking for here.
I never said that thaivisa.com wasn't an excellent source. It is the best source. You're the windbag. You make up stories about getting an O-A in Thailand, which any visa expert, like me, knows is a total lie.

If you are saying that you found that immigration text from the thaivisa site about O-A in Thailand and that makes you think it is true, on that, you are totally deluded. All you have to do is a thorough search of the site's expert commentaries on that issue, the actual truth about the availability of an O-A visa in Thailand, and you would know what I know, that it is impossible to get an O-A visa in Thailand. Just be a man and admit you are wrong, OK, instead of throwing the insults at me just because I know more about this topic than you. That is very childish of you.

Narakmak
November 14th, 2011, 14:07
The arguement or discussion is irrelevant to me, the topic as to the requirements is way over my head and I am sure many of the posters. For "me" I guess the bottom line is that I have what I have, I get what I need every year to stay here and I don't have to go home. I reapply each year and they stamp me for the next year. Say la vie whatever its called. I have it. :3some:
It may be irrelevant to you. But the general topic isn't irrelevant to people learning the system or trying to understand what they have in their passports. Spreading false information such as O-A visas are available in Thailand is a public disservice and should squashed. If you as a mod won't squash such irresponsible postings, I am happy to be of service in posting the true facts.

PattayaBob
November 14th, 2011, 15:24
┬а Non-Immigrant Visa┬а тАЬO-AтАЭ (Long Stay)
┬а
This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in ┬аThailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working.┬а
┬а
Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year.┬а Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
┬а
1. Eligibility
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а 1.1 Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application).

┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а 1.2 Applicant not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а 1.3 Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicantтАЩs nationality or residence.

┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а 1.4 Having the nationality of or residence in the country where applicantтАЩs application is submitted.

┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а 1.5 Not having prohibitive diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 ┬аB.E. 2535.
┬а
2. Required Documents
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а - Passport with validity of not less than 18 months.

┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а - 3 copies of completed visa application forms.

┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а - 3 passport-sized photos (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past six
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а months.

┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а - A personal data form.

┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а - A copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.

┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а - In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required.

┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а - A letter of verification issued from the country of his or her nationality or residence stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicantтАЩs diplomatic or consular mission).

┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а - A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicantтАЩs diplomatic or consular mission).

- In the case where the accompanying spouse is not eligible to apply for ┬аthe Category тАШO-AтАЩ (Long Stay) visa, he or she will be considered for temporary stay under Category тАШOтАЩ visa.┬а A marriage certificate must be provided as evidence and should be notarised by notary organs or by the applicantтАЩs diplomatic or consular mission.
┬а
3. Channels to submit application
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а Applicant may submit their application at the Royal Thai embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand located onGovernment Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889.
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а
4. Visa fee
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а 5,000 Baht for multiple entries
┬а

5. Recommendations for foreigners with Non-Immigrant Visa тАЬO-AтАЭ (Long Stay) while staying in the Kingdom
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а 5.1┬а Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry.
5.2 ┬аAt the end of the 90-day stay , the foreigner must report to the immigration officer in his or her residence area and report again every 90 days during his or her stay in Thailand.┬а The foreigner may report to the police station if there is no immigration office in his or her residence area.
┬а
5.3┬а Foreigner may report to the competent authority by post and should provide the following:
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а - A report form (Tor Mor 47).
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а - A copy of passport pages showing the foreignerтАЩs photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp.┬а┬а
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а -┬а A copy of the previous receipt of acknowledgement. ┬а
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а - A self-addressed envelope with postage affixed.

┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а Such documents must be sent to the┬аImmigration Division 1, 120 Moo 3, Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 and must be submitted 7 days before the end of every 90-day period.┬а A receipt of acknowledgement will be given and should be used for future correspondence.┬а
┬а
5.4 ┬аForeigner who wishes to extend his or her stay shall submit a request for extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer or a deposit account in Thailand or an income certificate showing an amount of not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate plus a deposit account showing a total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht.┬а A one-year extension of stay shall be granted at the discretion of the immigration officer to the foreigner as long as he or she meets the above requirements.

PattayaBob
November 14th, 2011, 15:25
Ok Mr Windbag Sir, you are the Visa Expert? Well the above was taken from the Thailand Embassy Handbook. You will notice #3 says you can submit your O - A Visa to 3. Channels to submit application
┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а┬а ┬а┬а┬а┬а Applicant may submit their application at the Royal Thai embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand located onGovernment Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889.
Please go to Sleep you EXPERT . I really hope you can respect the Thailand Embassy Handbook, unless you are a higher authority? Apologies Accepted. :party

Narakmak
November 14th, 2011, 15:27
Non-Immigrant Visa тАЬO-AтАЭ (Long Stay)
Correct.
Never available in Thailand unlike what you said before, and refuse to retract. Stubborn bugger you are.

Such documents must be sent to the Immigration Division 1, 120 Moo 3, Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 and must be submitted 7 days before the end of every 90-day period. A receipt of acknowledgement will be given and should be used for future correspondence.
This part which does read as if you can get an O-A in Thailand is incorrect.
Yes, I am fully confident about that.
Read the actual expert commentaries on thaivisa.
Also you are a sham artist. You implied before that you yourself got an O-A visa in Thailand, which is impossible.
If you think you have proven it is possible with your paste text, you certainly have not.
If you want to prove it, show your O-A issued in Thailand (which doesn't exist but here goes) to a respected poster here to confirm it. I wouldn't trust an image from you due as I am sure it would be photoshopped, because like I said, there aren't any O-A visas issued in Thailand.

You can go to that address (and other but not all immigration offices in Thailand including Jomtien) and get an O visa coupled with a retirement extension. That is not the same thing with exactly the same features as an O-A. Please admit your error and be done with this.

Narakmak
November 14th, 2011, 15:36
Ok Mr Windbag Sir, you are the Visa Expert? Well the above was taken from the Thailand Embassy Handbook. You will notice #3 says you can submit your O - A Visa to 3. Channels to submit application
Please go to Sleep you EXPERT . I really hope you can respect the Thailand Embassy Handbook, unless you are a higher authority? Apologies Accepted. :party
That information is wrong. How many times do I have to tell you? Also, you don't have an O-A visa issued in Thailand like you hinted you did before. Be honest.
There is nothing for me to apologize for. I am the one propagating correct visa information. You are spreading crap.

Some might ask, what does this matter? Who is this Bob character hurting by spreading lies about actual policies?
Here is a good example.
Supposing a new retiree needing to use a bank account method (full 800K or combo) actually believe the lies spread by Bob, that he could get an O-A in Thailand.

He would then assume three things --

1. that he needed a medical report (he doesn't)
2. that he needed a police form from his home country (he doesn't)
3. that the banked money to qualify does not need to be in Thailand (it would)
4. that he would be getting a real O-A visa (he wouldn't)
5. that with a multi entry he could reenter Thailand during the year validity and get an instant free one year stamp at the border (he wouldn't)

Especially the part for bank account qualifiers could be very damaging to a hapless applicant who listened to a liar like Bob. At the least he would be rejected for his O (O-A never available in Thailand) because he isn't financially qualified if the money isn't in Thailand. (justme, this isn't about you, its about bank qualifiers, get a grip).

Ignorance is one thing Bob. Malicious misrepresentation that actually can hurt real people -- that is unacceptable and in fact evil.
At least do this -- openly admit that your yourself have never had an O-A visa issued in Thailand.

November 14th, 2011, 16:03
OK so tell me this, if an O-A visa requires you to have a medical certificate a police report release and all this other stuff in your home country, and a O Visa which is a retirement extention affords you the exact same privs and does not require a medical certificate and police report, why would people want to be bothered by all the additional steps for the one rather than the other?
I mean I am quite happy with whatever I have because it works. :dontknow:

PattayaBob
November 14th, 2011, 16:27
Hey Mr. Dingbat the info I posted was from The Thailand Ministry of Foreign Affairs (http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2493) the medical certificate and police form are required on your first application and not after. The address is the current address Chaingwattana Soi 7 , Laksi, Bangkok. This is a Current Official Thai website , not the babbling of a senile old fool. You are wrong DINGBAT. ADMIT IT...EVERYBODY PLEASE GO TO THE WEBSITE http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2630.php , I SPREAD NO FALSE STATEMENTS. I think I would take the word of the Thailand Foreign Ministry, they do run the country not Narakmak, although he thinks they are wrong... :sign5: :wav: :pottytrain2: :party

PattayaBob
November 14th, 2011, 16:49
In response to your #3-5 if you read the document instead of fantasysing you would see instead of the 800,000 Baht you need proof of income 65,000 baht, which if you are an American the US Embassy letter can account for that. And if you can read, which I'm beginning to doubt you will see at the very top Non Immigrant O - A Visa.. And there is no mention of A re entry permit and free 1 year are u on drugs or hallucinogens ? Please read and shut up! MR. KNOW IT ALL

PattayaBob
November 14th, 2011, 16:53
And I do not have an O -A Visa I have had 7 of them...thank you.

Narakmak
November 14th, 2011, 16:55
OK so tell me this, if an O-A visa requires you to have a medical certificate a police report release and all this other stuff in your home country, and a O Visa which is a retirement extention affords you the exact same privs and does not require a medical certificate and police report, why would people want to be bothered by all the additional steps for the one rather than the other?
I mean I am quite happy with whatever I have because it works. :dontknow:
Lots of reasons.
I also prefer starting with the O, but, again (sigh!)

-- those bank qualifying can use money in the home country with the O-A to start but not with the O, rather than to have to show the money in Thailand. Read again, those use banked money to qualify, -- NOT YOU!
-- with a multi O-A, no need to apply for any extension in Thailand for two years if played right (exit and reenter before O-A expiry and get a free extra year
-- some people think it is higher status, more legit to have an O-A but that's crazy

In my view most people who start with O-A don't realize how easy it is to start with an O.

Narakmak
November 14th, 2011, 16:58
Hey Mr. Dingbat the info I posted was from The Thailand Ministry of Foreign Affairs (http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2493) the medical certificate and police form are required on your first application and not after. The address is the current address Chaingwattana Soi 7 , Laksi, Bangkok. This is a Current Official Thai website , not the babbling of a senile old fool. You are wrong DINGBAT. ADMIT IT...EVERYBODY PLEASE GO TO THE WEBSITE http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2630.php , I SPREAD NO FALSE STATEMENTS. I think I would take the word of the Thailand Foreign Ministry, they do run the country not Narakmak, although he thinks they are wrong... :sign5: :wav: :pottytrain2: :party
The info that you can get an O-A in Thailand is 100 percent wrong. Period.
Yes you need the medical and police for any O-A application. Never for retirement extensions in Thailand (of an original O or O-A). O-A applications are not accepted in Thailand. Period. That is a fact. I don't care if Yingluck told you differently.
People, listen to people who know what they are talking about, not people spreading malicious falsehoods like Bob.
What is your problem?
I demand now -- stop spreading lies.

Narakmak
November 14th, 2011, 17:01
In response to your #3-5 if you read the document instead of fantasysing you would see instead of the 800,000 Baht you need proof of income 65,000 baht, which if you are an American the US Embassy letter can account for that. And if you can read, which I'm beginning to doubt you will see at the very top Non Immigrant O - A Visa.. And there is no mention of A re entry permit and free 1 year are u on drugs or hallucinogens ? Please read and shut up! MR. KNOW IT ALL
You are slow, aren't you?
I have detailed three options enough already.
Those using embassy letter over 65K monthly don't have any bank account issues.
Don't even try to suggest I haven't been posting the truth here.

Narakmak
November 14th, 2011, 17:04
And I do not have an O -A Visa I have had 7 of them...thank you.
Based on your ignorance of visas, we don't know what you mean.

I think you are stupid enough to believe if you got an initial O-A (which you never got in Thailand as that has never happened) and gotten six annual retirement extensions, that you have had seven O-A visas. Of course I'm just guessing because you are incoherent. Perhaps you actually did travel to your home country seven times for seven unique new O-A visas. A person could do that though it would be very rare but it would suit some people who travel a lot.

In any case, you never got an O-A visa in Thailand, a retirement extension to an O or O-A is not a an O-A visa. These are facts. Deal with it, you insipid troublemaker.

{careful, you are getting close to personal attacks - agree to differ and move on - jinks }

November 14th, 2011, 17:12
So I guess at least my questioned is answered by you finally.
You have been arguing for page upon page about my visa is an O with a retirement extention blah blah blah, not the same blah blah blah.
Seems that now after all these pages you finally tell me that there is no real difference execept that the O-A is good for 2 years and a free 1 year extention or something like that and below you say that people do not realize how easy it is to just get an O or for whatever stupid reason "think" it is a higher status but is not. So my final question is, what the hell have you been arguing your heart over if actually the O visa is so much more easily obtained and 2 is basically the same? :dontknow:

-- some people think it is higher status, more legit to have an O-A but that's crazy
In my view most people who start with O-A don't realize how easy it is to start with an O.

Narakmak
November 14th, 2011, 17:17
So I guess at least my questioned is answered by you finally.
You have been arguing for page upon page about my visa is an O with a retirement extention blah blah blah, not the same blah blah blah.
Seems that now after all these pages you finally tell me that there is no real difference execept that the O-A is good for 2 years and a free 1 year extention or something like that and below you say that people do not realize how easy it is to just get an O or for whatever stupid reason "think" it is a higher status but is not. So my final question is, what the hell have you been arguing your heart over if actually the O visa is so much more easily obtained and 2 is basically the same? :dontknow:

You have totally misunderstood what I have been arguing about. I find your post bizarre, like you don't even read what is posted.
I never said that the O-A is better than the O, or vice versa. They are different with different features.
For some people the differences are very important.
For example a bank qualifier who doesn't wish to or can't get 800K to Thailand can delay that for two years.
For example, someone with a police problem can avoid the O-A and not have to show a report for an O.
What I have been arguing about, which anyone can read, is that it is 100 percent impossible to apply for an O-A visa in Thailand. Yes you can get an O here as part of a two step retirement extension process, but never an O-A. This Bob character is intent on spreading the lie that you can apply for an O-A in Thailand and yes I will argue about that until the point is nailed down that you can't.

Narakmak
November 14th, 2011, 17:31
OK, this Bob character has pushed me to the point where I did the work he should have done before he opened his piehole asserting silly things like that you can get an O-A visa in Thailand (as opposed to an O, which you can get). So I did the work and searched thaivisa. This post from their most famous official visa expert who yes knows more than your typical Thai immigration officer, more than your average embassy worker, and can authoritatively correct the info in the document Bob posted which he takes as gospel but it is anything but --

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/504 ... p__4787967 (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/504320-question-on-retirement-visa/page__view__findpost__p__4787967)

You can not obtain OA in Thailand - that is a special Consulate pre-approved extension of stay. And you can only obtain the non immigrant O visa with proof of being able to meet retirement extension of stay and it costs the same amount here

Posted 2011-10-23 18:38:48

This issue should now be over. The facts have been stated multiple times and now confirmed. Its too much to expect an apology from Bob so I won't even ask.

OK, I may come off as arrogant and rude even though in real life I'm a pussycat, but at least I am not aggressively posting false information and stubbornly sticking with it even when obviously more knowledgeable people correct it.

I wish you might think of being more "like a pussycat on the forum" sigh DaBoss

PattayaBob
November 14th, 2011, 18:24
You really are an egotistical ass...you do not believe what the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs says....you are a really pig headed person...I feel sorry for you...yes I will not appologize for something I did not do...do not reply to this just read the O-A Section of the requiremnts posted in the official Thai Government Website and stop beating around the bush looking for support...do not waist the type to respond, because I will not read your ridiculous banter....Case Closed

pennyboy
November 14th, 2011, 18:34
From the web page of a Thai consulate in UK

At the present time the appropriate Visa тАЬNON-IMMIGRANTтАЭ CAT тАЬO-AтАЭ can only be obtained through personal application to the Royal Thai Embassy, 30, QueenтАЩs Gate, London S.W.7 or the Office of the Immigration Bureau, Section 1, Sub Division 1, Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 0120. Tel 0066-228/3101-10 Ext.2236.

Narakmak
November 14th, 2011, 19:10
From the web page of a Thai consulate in UK

At the present time the appropriate Visa тАЬNON-IMMIGRANTтАЭ CAT тАЬO-AтАЭ can only be obtained through personal application to the Royal Thai Embassy, 30, QueenтАЩs Gate, London S.W.7 or the Office of the Immigration Bureau, Section 1, Sub Division 1, Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 0120. Tel 0066-228/3101-10 Ext.2236.
Like I said, embassies and consulates usually have no clue about what happens in Thailand. The part about an O-A being available in Bangkok is 100 percent false. At Bangkok and some other Thai immigration offices you can do the two step process, O visa (not O-A) combined with an annual retirement extension. You will never get a real O-A in Thailand. The kind that gives you the free year on reentry, the kind that you can qualify for with monies outside Thailand, etc. Go ahead and don't believe the truth. Try and apply for a real O-A in Thailand and it will be revealed to you.

bkkguy
November 14th, 2011, 19:16
the topic as to the requirements is way over my head and I am sure many of the posters. For "me" I guess the bottom line is that I have what I have, I get what I need every year to stay here and I don't have to go home. I reapply each year and they stamp me for the next year. Say la vie whatever its called. I have it. :3some:

you may have what works for you - even if you don't understand it - but posts from you and PattayaBob and others here using incorrect and inconsistent terminology and factually incorrect information just confuse others who are trying to understand the process and what they need to do to satisfy the requirements. Anyone who does understand the requirements and the terminology that tries to post here is just wasting their time because they will be drowned out by the flood of miss-information from people like you who don't really understand what they are talking about

the info I posted was from The Thailand Ministry of Foreign Affairs ... I SPREAD NO FALSE STATEMENTS. I think I would take the word of the Thailand Foreign Ministry, they do run the country

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs does not run the country, it controls and issues guidelines to embassies and consulates in foreign countries relating to the visas they can issue and the supporting evidence required. Consulates and embassies in different countries are not necessarily consistent in their interpretation and enforcement of these guidelines

The Interior Ministry via the Immigration Police Division controls and issues guidelines to Immigration Offices in Thailand relating to the visas they can issue, the permissions to stay they can issue and the extensions to permission to stay they can issue, and the supporting evidence required for all of these. Immigration Offices in different provinces are not necessarily consistent in their interpretation and enforcement of these guidelines

While I am sure you can stand in an Immigration Office in Thailand and quote information from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs till you are blue in the face I doubt it will do you any good, it is the wrong government department - like a few knowledgeable others here and on ThaiVisa, in 20 years of following such discussions I have still never seen any evidence of a "Non-Imm O-A" visa being issued in Thailand but I have seen multiple examples of extension of permission to stay issued in Thailand for people who entered the country on a Non-Imm O-A visa issued outside of Thailand

you claim you have 7 Non-Imm O-A visas issued in Thailand but refuse to provide any proof - as I said above it is a waste of time trying to provide useful accurate information here

bkkguy

Brad the Impala
November 14th, 2011, 22:07
as I said above it is a waste of time trying to provide useful accurate information here

It's not a waste of time. It is irritating, but it is appreciated by other posters nevertheless.

Neal
November 14th, 2011, 22:15
Thank you Bkkguy your explanation of the immigraion rules invlved with these particular visas. I am sure that many many people on the board appreciate the information.

Narakmak
November 14th, 2011, 22:27
Thank you Bkkguy your explanation of the immigraion rules invlved with these particular visas. I am sure that many many people on the board appreciate the information.Why don't I get thanked by the boss? I have been saying the same thing for days but not believed.

In any case, now that we have two voices from people who are believed here (bkk and the thaivisa post I cited) this is finally settled, yes? Funny how Bob faded away. Busted.

Neal
November 14th, 2011, 22:34
I know that my question was answered but I don't know anything about Bob's situation, only mine.
As far as being thanked..... well I think maybe you might review the way Bkkguy worded everything to the way you worded everything and see what the difference was. Be a pussy cat more often and you might see that your posts, opinions and facts are accepted more .

Narakmak
November 14th, 2011, 22:36
bkk is right, dealing with the thick, stubborn people here over visa issues is a waste of time. Never again from me. Not even one thank you for bothering to assert correct info, just more abuse. From now on listen to Bob but don't come crying to me if you end up in immigration prison.

ultimo
November 14th, 2011, 23:51
bkk

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs does not run the country, it controls and issues guidelines to embassies and consulates in foreign countries relating to the visas they can issue and the supporting evidence required. Consulates and embassies in different countries are not necessarily consistent in their interpretation and enforcement of these guidelines
The Interior Ministry via the Immigration Police Division controls and issues guidelines to Immigration Offices in Thailand relating to the visas they can issue, the permissions to stay they can issue and the extensions to permission to stay they can issue, and the supporting evidence required for all of these. Immigration Offices in different provinces are not necessarily consistent in their interpretation and enforcement of these guidelines
While I am sure you can stand in an Immigration Office in Thailand and quote information from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs till you are blue in the face I doubt it will do you any good, it is the wrong government department...
bkkguy

My belief is that BKKguy is saying it as it really is. Simply put in many departments they put there OWN interpretations on it resulting in the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.
I will put a scenario to you and hope that someone ( not a trigger finger person) can give me an answer and there views.
I have numerous O-A visas (I think around 12!!)in my passports. The one passort I am using and the old one I am carrying also.
The visas were all, but the last one, issued in my home State but due to a Consulate closure was issued elsewhere in the Country. I was of the belief from all the info that an O was no longer available in my Country!!!!!! Different Countries seem to issue different types of visa. ie.. Double Entry etc...Not available in my Country
The visa is a multiple O-A and as I leave Thailand often am always reissued with a date 12 month hence from my return into Thailand. I have never had to go to Immigration here in Pattaya for a reentry stamp and not paid any money.
However, this year because of all the things I have to do, prior to my finalisation expiry date ( 7th Dec ) I thought that I would do the O-A retirement in Pattaya which I felt saved having to get a Police clearance, Dr certificate ( For Elephantitis etc!!!) and to have the things notorized. Then post all the thousand forms(exaggerating!!)to the main Embassy. ( At the original Consulate it was very loose and no Med or Police clearance was asked for!!! Really lovely the lady there :bounce: )
So went to Pattaya immigration and was told to extend the visa time, (re entry stamp), which after the last entry says Aug 2012. I was also told that the Visa I had was the best one!!! ( Whatever that means!)

Now, what do I do? I depart in early Dec, am getting an extension of 3 months, which after all this time I had not realised I could get and am left wondering should I persist with the Visa in my own Country. (which will cost more, because of the extra documentation I have to get, or go the Pattaya way. (I do not have any Bank accounts here nor really want any, but provide from one of my accounts details which amply covers the 800000 baht.)
Any thoughts? What would you do?

Brad the Impala
November 15th, 2011, 02:20
bkk is right, dealing with the thick, stubborn people here over visa issues is a waste of time. Never again from me. Not even one thank you for bothering to assert correct info, just more abuse. From now on listen to Bob but don't come crying to me if you end up in immigration prison.

Your histrionics are too tiresome to make it worth wading through your posts, however accurate the information may be in the end. You damage your own credibility by the emotive comments. I thought that you deserved kudos on another thread for the restaurant that you found that others appreciated, but even within that thread you subsequently starting throwing abuse.

Bkkguy, clearly and calmly explained the O-A visas in a logical and unemotional manner, and deserves thanks for that.

CHAOTOU
November 15th, 2011, 03:54
I have actually enjoyed this thread and found it informative. Might not have followed the whole thing if it wasn't for the colorful responses. Thanks to all who contributed correct information and thanks for being persistent.

November 15th, 2011, 04:59
thanks for the information recieved and sorry for raising the topic

Narakmak
November 15th, 2011, 17:37
This is the wrong forum to ask for visa information.
The reason is that it is not moderated by anyone who can tell the difference between damaging false advice and correct information.
The place to go is thaivisa. com.
There a poster asserting something idiotic like O-A visas can be had in Thailand would be corrected promptly (as I did but was abused for it) and then if that person persisted, he would be forcefully told to stop posting in the visa forum because false advice from no nothings is not tolerated there.
So seriously, this forum is a horrible place to get visa advice.

I don't blame the mods or owners here because it is clear the mods or owner doesn't understand visa issues. You need an active mod who can be an authority on visa issues to boot out troublemakers insisting on spreading falsehoods to have a credible forum on visa information. This forum doesn't need to have that function, but if you want good advice that is moderated by experts, you know where to go. Not here!

Narakmak
November 15th, 2011, 17:43
You really are an egotistical ass...you do not believe what the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs says....you are a really pig headed person...I feel sorry for you...yes I will not appologize for something I did not do...do not reply to this just read the O-A Section of the requiremnts posted in the official Thai Government Website and stop beating around the bush looking for support...do not waist the type to respond, because I will not read your ridiculous banter....Case Closed
Still refuses to admit he is wrong. Why is such a poster even allowed to post visa information? Some people probably still believe you that O-A visas are to be had in Thailand. Proof again, this is the wrong forum for visa advice. Visa advice is not democratic. There is correct info and dangerous falsehoods. It is not like opinions on pizzas. There are facts and there are misleading falsehoods, objectively.

Smiles
November 15th, 2011, 18:48
Bkkguy is quite correct (as he is more often than not), as is Naramak. The Non-Imm O-A is issued only from outside Thailand.
You can receive a multitude of Non-Imm visas within Thailand, but NOT an O-A visa.
And even at that, O-A visas are not issued from every Thai Embassy or Consulate in every country ... only a select few countries get that 'privilege'.

Perhaps Naramak, needy for love that he seems to be, should try Baht Stop one more time. :love4: I'd pay money for that.
And regarding Thaivisa: I've witnessed visa battles over there as well, many of them . . . and often they've ended ~ after 3 or 4 pages ~ with no one knowing what the hell anyone is talking about. It may be entitled ThaiVISA, but advice there can be as misconstrued, mis-used, factually ignorant, and confusing as it can be here.

Bob seems to have gone off the deep end with his 7 O-A visas (!!!??) ... none of which he received in his home country. (Being impossible).
So why 7? You only need one you know, then after it's expiry date all you need is an annual 12 month extension. As long as you stay within the extension requirements you should be able to do that until you kick the bucket. That's my plan anyway.

So what's up with 7 O-A visas? Where were they issued? Thailand? I don't think so.
From some other country other than your homeland? I'm not too sure about that either ... don't know if it's possible seeing as how you need a police and medical check ... from your home country.
You're facts (perhaps only 'assertions'?) as stated here are a puzzle to me Bob. I'd like to be on your side (the obnoxious Naramak being on the other) but you make it difficult with the stuff you've been writing here.

As for Justme ... please see Bkkguy, Naramak, Brad, Ultimo, and a couple of others on the realities of the O-A visa. Coz you ain't got them.

bkkguy
November 15th, 2011, 19:17
I will put a scenario to you and hope that someone ( not a trigger finger person) can give me an answer and there views.

I agree with Narakmak on this, the best place to get help on visa issues is ThaiVisa.com, there moderators there know what they are talking about and seem to have infinite patience - something that Narakmak (and I after a few posts) lack!

and is that "there views" or "their views" - see I am getting edgy already!

The visa is a multiple O-A and as I leave Thailand often am always reissued with a date 12 month hence from my return into Thailand. I have never had to go to Immigration here in Pattaya for a reentry stamp and not paid any money.

yes, if you have a multiple entry Non-OA visa you will get a 12 month permission to stay every time you enter Thailand before the expiry date of the visa - no re-entry permit required

However, this year because of all the things I have to do, prior to my finalisation expiry date ( 7th Dec ) I thought that I would do the O-A retirement in Pattaya which I felt saved having to get a Police clearance, Dr certificate ( For Elephantitis etc!!!) and to have the things notorized. Then post all the thousand forms(exaggerating!!)to the main Embassy. ( At the original Consulate it was very loose and no Med or Police clearance was asked for!!! Really lovely the lady there :bounce: )
So went to Pattaya immigration and was told to extend the visa time, (re entry stamp), which after the last entry says Aug 2012. I was also told that the Visa I had was the best one!!! ( Whatever that means!)

the best I can work out from this totally confusing paragraph is that you have a multiple entry Non-OA visa that expires 7 Dec 2011? you last entered Thailand in Aug 2011? and have a permission to stay till Aug 2012?

if this is true and you are leaving the country and planning to return after 7 Dec 2011 but before Aug 2012 then your easiest option may be to get a Re-Entry permit then when you re-enter Thailand after 7 Dec you will get a permission to stay till Aug 2012 - but that depends on when you are returning and how long you want to say

otherwise if you are going home you can apply for a new Non-OA visa there

I do not have any Bank accounts here nor really want any, but provide from one of my accounts details which amply covers the 800000 baht.

this is the key difference - if you want to apply for a Non-OA visa in an embassy or consulate in a foreign country you need to provide evidence of bank balance (or income equivalent) outside of Thailand, if you want to apply for an extension of permission to stay at an Immigration Office in Thailand you need to provide evidence of bank balance (or income equivalent) in Thailand

but as I said, the best place to get advice is ThaiVisa.com - because I turn into Narakmak's more aggressive alter-ego after a few posts - just ask Smiles!

bkkguy

bkkguy
November 15th, 2011, 19:39
Simply put in many departments they put there OWN interpretations on it resulting in the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

there is a classic Mexican stand-off that has been going on for years with Non-O ED visas - Immigration Police (Interior Ministry) claim they can issue these visas in Bangkok if they get the correct paperwork but the Ministry of Education will only issue the required letter addressed to a consulate or embassy (Foreign Ministry) so the Immigration Police say they cannot accept the letter because it is not addressed to them! so potential students already in Bangkok that meet the requirements for a Non-O ED visa still have to travel to a neighbouring country to apply for the visa!

bkkguy

Smiles
November 15th, 2011, 19:40
" ... but as I said, the best place to get advice is ThaiVisa.com - because I turn into Narakmak's more aggressive alter-ego after a few posts - just ask Smiles!
:blackeye: :occasion5:
Of all the subjects which trigger hot tempers on these Boards (for some reason, especially gay blades) it's the Retirement Visa Samba. I don't know why, it just seems that everyone has their pet interpretation of The Rules (i.e. the 'Thai' rules, not the 'My' rules) and they won't let go even in the face of facts which stare them in the, er, face.
For instance, Bkkguy almost smashed my face in once in a bar in Nakhorn Sawan ~ The Naramak Syndrome ~ simply for refusing to believe that the Hua Hin Thai Immigration Police once did a full anal search-&-probe on me simply because I was 2.5 hours late for my 24-hour reporting, and that even the 15,000 baht I offered under the table didn't save my sweet little ass ... so to speak.
Some guys just don't get the Thai Way.

jinks
November 15th, 2011, 19:49
After 5 pages nothing is decided. I feel this subject is exhausted.

If you need a visa, whatever the type, go to an OFFICIAL site or a Thai Consulate or Embassy and ASK .....

"What are the rules (today) for a XX Visa?"

The answer will be different on different days and from different places.

Comply with the requirements as given at the time and place of the application.

bkkguy
November 15th, 2011, 20:03
For instance, Bkkguy almost smashed my face in once in a bar in Nakhorn Sawan ~ The Naramak Syndrome ~ simply for refusing to believe that the Hua Hin Thai Immigration Police once did a full anal search-&-probe on me simply because I was 2.5 hours late for my 24-hour reporting, and that even the 15,000 baht I offered under the table didn't save my sweet little ass ...

I am not willing to admit that I have ever been to Nakhorn Sawan or to have seen your nether regions there, but either way the terms "sweet" and "little" do not readily spring to mind, and 15,000 to defend such an orifice is clearly absurd. If however it was Nakhorn Nowhere ...

and it is the "The Narakmak Syndrome" not the "The Naramak Syndrome" !

bkkguy

krobbie
November 16th, 2011, 04:20
I am not willing to admit that I have ever been to Nakhorn Sawan or to have seen your nether regions there, but either way the terms "sweet" and "little" do not readily spring to mind, and 15,000 to defend such an orifice is clearly absurd. If however it was Nakhorn Nowhere ...

and it is the "The Narakmak Syndrome" not the "The Naramak Syndrome" !

bkkguy

:sign5:

This has been one of the most animated topics here (of merit) for some time. I have totally enjoyed the read and am just happy that no animal has been hurt or injured in bringing this entertainment to us.

Cheers,
krobbie

November 16th, 2011, 04:27
you are easy to please krobbie .. id say its been totally boring to read the same argument going round and again with out anything other than a few different insults thrown ...
its school ground stuff .. im right .. no you not i am ...etc etc .. deary me .. still one mans gold is another mans plop
bit like girly boys v manly boys .. and thats been done to death too .. :crybaby:

Two41
November 16th, 2011, 10:00
And to answer the original question

I am in Thailand on a non immigrant O visa which
Was issued as valid for 12 months with 90 days stay
On arrival.
Could anyone advise if at the end ( or close to)
Of the 90 days can I do a border crossing or
Will I need to fly out of an international airport?
I am using an I phone and have tried to search
The forums first but I am having trouble reading
All the threads
alipatt2000 can exit the kingdom by land and receive a further 90 permitted to stay stamp on re-entry (If I am not mistaken)

ultimo
November 16th, 2011, 18:18
I do not have any Bank accounts here nor really want any, but provide from one of my accounts details which amply covers the 800000 baht.

bkkguy

Quote BKKGUY...
this is the key difference - if you want to apply for a Non-OA visa in an embassy or consulate in a foreign country you need to provide evidence of bank balance (or income equivalent) outside of Thailand, if you want to apply for an extension of permission to stay at an Immigration Office in Thailand you need to provide evidence of bank balance (or income equivalent) in Thailand
[End quote]

Is the statement you make a fact?. I was told by Immigration that as long as I could provide a Bank statement ( that is from my Country)that was verified by the bank in my own Country ..on the 800000 baht required, and have it verified by my Embassy, it is accepted at the Thai Immigration in Pattaya! Is that right or completely wrong?!!!! Or do you mean in your obscure sentence a 'blanket bank account evidence provided by either or a Thai account balance or Foreign account balance? Quote (evidence of bank balance (or income equivalent) in Thailand)
[End quote]

[End quote]

I have a little problem on these things and find some of your answers are vague rather than real actual facts!!
Or is it again a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!! :argue:

Narakmak
November 16th, 2011, 18:36
O-A visa from your home country when using bank account to qualify -- money does not need to be in Thailand.

You could also start with an O visa from your home country, a neighboring country, or at Thai immigration (some offices) as part of the two step process with the extension being the second step. For example in Laos and Malaysia, if you are over 50 you can get a single entry O without showing any money, just tell them you plan to apply for a retirement extension in Thailand. It is sometimes harder to get an O visa in western countries based on retirement reasons as they may insist that you apply for an O-A (more difficult application process).

Retirement extensions (of base of O or O-A). There are three optional methods:

income letter method from embassy (at least 65K baht per month) -- qualification covered

800k bank method -- money must be in Thailand in Thai bank account, seasoned two months for the first extension, three months for subsequent ones. This is for people with some income they can show from their embassy (income, not bank account balance) but less than 65K per month so they need to make up the difference with a Thai bank account balance

Combo method -- embassy letter plus bank account to total at least 800K, banked part must be in Thailand, no seasoning needed

I was told by Immigration that as long as I could provide a Bank statement ( that is from my Country)that was verified by the bank in my own Country ..on the 800000 baht required, and have it verified by my Embassy, it is accepted at the Thai Immigration in Pattaya! Is that right or completely wrong?!!!!
100 percent wrong. See above.
You had a communication problem with the officer.

Smiles
November 17th, 2011, 10:21
Pattayabob seems to have left the field of battle . . . but with pertinent questions unanswered. I'd still like to get these straightened out in my mind. Over to you P-Bob:

Bob seems to have gone off the deep end with his 7 O-A visas (!!!??) ... none of which he received in his home country. (Being impossible).
So why 7? You only need one you know, then after it's expiry date all you need is an annual 12 month extension. As long as you stay within the extension requirements you should be able to do that until you kick the bucket. That's my plan anyway.

So what's up with 7 O-A visas? Where were they issued? Thailand? I don't think so.
From some other country other than your homeland? I'm not too sure about that either ... don't know if it's possible seeing as how you need a police and medical check ... from your home country.
Your facts (perhaps only 'assertions'?) as stated here are a puzzle to me Bob. I'd like to be on your side (the obnoxious Naramak being on the other) but you make it difficult with the stuff you've been writing here.

bkkguy
November 17th, 2011, 18:30
I have a little problem on these things and find some of your answers are vague rather than real actual facts!!

your post above was of course a classic example of clarity and readability and reliable information!

I certainly don't wish to distract you any longer in your search for real actual facts!

bkkguy