PDA

View Full Version : Recent trip

May 9th, 2006, 18:57
Hi ive just got back from my recent trip to Pattaya on Monday and thought i would share a few moments with you all.
I used Eva Air from London and was very happy with the Business class cabin and only paid ┬г 1150 for the ticket which i only purchased the day before so that was a result. Got to Bkk after being kept an extra hour circling over Bkk. I had the Ambience car waiting for me so that was nice to see when i exited the Customs hall. The trip to Pattaya was uneventfull so i got to the Ambience about 18:00 which was good going. Checked into my Supperior room and showered and then was ready for my look arround tour to see all the changes.
Headed for Sunnie plaza first as i was keen to get myself some food and i knew that i always enjoy White Nights selection of goodies. I had a walk up past ozone gogo and got level with Bar Filou and a boy appeared and asked if i wanted to have a drink and he pointed out to me he was a free lancer and didnt work for the bar. I said give me an hour for a look aout and some food and i would be back. The Boy was lovely looking and was a month away from his 19th Birthdat as his id certified ( i checked at a later time that evening). Well the Boy was very supprissed when an hour latter i re-appeared, as he must have thought he wouldnt see me again. To cut the story short he came with me and spent the next 11 nights with me untill i returned, and in fact got an e-mail from him today.
My thoughts about the areas:- Sunnee i found nice as usual and met Chris ( American Teacher ) from Niddys Nook for the first time and found him and his bar very plessant, sorry i missed you the next 2 times i called but you were out somwhere.
I found too the small gogo bar Ozone a real nice little bar and though only about 9 boys there i had a great time with no pressure from the boys and even my Thai friend found the bar nice.
As usual the guys Jack and Ralph at Memmories Bar were great company and its always nice to call in there. The new Corner bar i found pleasant but a little dead so one drink moved me on from there. The gogo bars were pretty much the same as last year so only a brief visit was enough.
Boystown :- Always my favourite place for the evening. Spent a few late nights in the Cafe Royale before going to bed and loved the Lady singer theyve got in on Sunday Nights. I visited all the Gogo bars but as usual i soon get borred with them so mainly kept to the beer bars. I found Sawadee bar clossed and only got to go there on the Saturday night before i left, so i missed out in meeting any more of you guys. Well the 11 days soon went but had a great time and was soon heading back to London in the Morning of sunday 7th. As always a great stay at Ambience Hotel, as my trips are nearly all short i like to pay the little extra over guest houses and stay there. The Staff always are great and Jim too is a great host.
Dont know my next trip but got a credit card to sort out first, still trip worth every penny.

bing
May 9th, 2006, 19:24
Neat to hear you had a great time. I have often pondered there are so many nice guys waiting to part of your vacation, it is really not that hard to find a companion for the trip. I'm glad you found a neat companion the first day, and had the good sense to enjoy the relationship. Years ago one of the managers of the Ambiance, Gordon said, 'when you have a Rolex why trade it in for a Timex.' On the other hand if I am the decider and I'm not fully satisfied, I have no compunction about moving on to new options. My time in Pattya is often 15 days, so I can appreciate that you want to make the most of the few days you have for vacation. Again, enjoyed your post.

Smiles
May 9th, 2006, 19:36
" ... My thoughts about the areas:- Sunnee i found nice as usual and met Chris ( American Teacher ) from Niddys Nook for the first time and found him and his bar very plessant, sorry i missed you the next 2 times i called but you were out somwhere ... "
... and Donny I'm very glad you slipped in these comments about American Teacher (Chris) and Niddy's Nook into your review. He and his business have taken some nasty back-stabbing lately from 2 of the more vicious members of this Board, and it's good to hear that you enjoyed both Niddy's and Chris.

Perhaps this entire Board should arrive en masse at Niddy's someday and help to make it a raging success and let the black hearts here crawl back under their rocks.

Thanks for the rest of the thoughts on Pattaya.

Cheers ...

May 9th, 2006, 22:10
Who can blame someone for being surly when there sleep is interved by karioia?

May 9th, 2006, 23:18
I haven't been to Niddy's Nook, but after reading the account of how bad it is, well, now I am really curious to see for myself.
You know, how some bad movies are so bad they are good?

Surfcrest
May 10th, 2006, 04:39
Thaiquila, Lost Horizon comes to mind when I think of movies so bad they are good.
The music is so soothing...unlike trying to make sense out of anything from LMTU.

Surfcrest

May 10th, 2006, 06:36
My grandmother always said that if you can't say something nice it is better to say nothing at all. Its sad when the gay community turns on one of its own.

May 10th, 2006, 06:39
I agree with you Thailquila.
LMTU's comments about Niddy's Nook seem so much like fiction I will go and see for myself. I will be there in June and report my findings to the board.

May 10th, 2006, 07:08
You know, how some bad movies are so bad they are good?Eg. any movie made in Hollywood

May 10th, 2006, 07:10
My grandmother always said that if you can't say something nice it is better to say nothing at allThat is of course one of the more silly statements that people often bandy about. Let's all try to say something nice (and nothing nasty) about Attilla the Hun, Hitler, Stalin, Chairman Mao or George Bush. Life not only isn't like that, it shouldn't be like that

andrewcraig
May 10th, 2006, 07:14
I agree with you Thailquila.
LMTU's comments about Niddy's Nook seem so much like fiction I will go and see for myself. I will be there in June and report my findings to the board.

I agree that there appears to be more malice than unbiased criticism in LMBU remarks.
Maybe he is not getting his usual kickback
He stopped promotion of Majestic when asked how much he was getting
Is this shafting of the Nook payback, getting even?

May 10th, 2006, 07:15
When one reviewer pans a movie, you think maybe it is just one reviewer.
When you look at rottentomatoes.com and a film gets a rating of 20 out of 100 compiled from numerous opinions, you KNOW you have a dog.
We are all limited as humans, in our time, in our money, and if people give us information on how to avoid wasting either, it is a great service.
Fiction or not at Niddy's Noshery? I have seen worse in real life, so it does pique the curiosity.

May 10th, 2006, 07:21
I have seen worse in real life, so it does pique the curiosityHedda would probably claim copyright over that phrase

May 10th, 2006, 09:07
Yes, but she'd insist that it be spelled "peak", then insist that it was correct.

May 10th, 2006, 09:36
If you have nothing good to say about someone, come sit next to me - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

catawampuscat
May 10th, 2006, 09:55
the village idiot is spinning the truth again..he should work for the politicians...The fact is Chris started a thread titled "Fire" and
the village idiot attacked him viciously and malaciously..He attacked him personally and professionally and it was meant to hurt
Chris and his staff and an attempt to destroy his business..The village idiot attacks again on this thread repeating his vile comments
already posted before and I hope the moderator will delete them again..The village idiot is dangerous and should be put out
of his misery and our misery.. I applaud Chris on standing up for himself but he is vunerable as he uses his real name and has
something to lose but catawampuscat and others can shout out when the idiot spews forth his self serving evil and boring
diatribes..I think members of this forum are getting wise to his antics and realize he is up to no good..
The village idiot is very vunerable too and I doubt if he will find another farang to "lend" him hundreds of thousands of baht to pay
off the authorities next time..All it takes is a call advising what goes on at his residence....the cat is not a rat, but maybe some others, who knows JB

May 10th, 2006, 10:00
the village idiot attacked him viciously and malaciously..He attacked him personally and professionally"Professionally"? There's an over-worked word. Is coffee-shop-owner a profession these days?

American Teacher-old
May 10th, 2006, 11:04
Thanks to those of you who can see through personal vendettas. Some threads were very nasty and personal indeed -- and thankfully were deleted. Regardless of anyone's illegitimate banter, Niddy's Nook is still standing -- and serving -- and happy. Put a rest to the conjecture yourself and stop on by to say hello.

Firsthand experience is always the best test, so come by and judge for yourself! We'd love to see you.

Fondly,
Chris & Niddy

May 10th, 2006, 11:45
Hmmmm... it seems to me just a little while ago that someone was making a complaint about the speed of service in another gay Thai venue... and LMTU reacted as if his soul had been crushed:

Yes I would expect you to disagree with me BKKguy as you do with every chance you get, that is your prerogative, but if you want to make a defamatory statements about me please back it up with some evidence, or your come over as just another flamer who is a jealous guy.....

As surfcrest says he is looking for service, even though his Darling Dew the waiter has left for school if i was a customer i would have no idea where the waiter were and of no interest in it unless of course i did have the hot for him.

Surfcrest was worried his dinner it was waiting a few extra minutes, while the waiter was asking others to eat at the Balcony, he did agree the food was scrumptious and unlike the place over the road inviting, but if I was not getting any service, I would just call the waiter or if that was not good the chef or the owner, who just happens to be sitting behind you for any such occasion, but know you would rather tell the world here the restaurant is going to be finished real soon because you could not get the food the very minute it was waiting to go to the table, do not sit there like a dummy looking at the plate waiting to be served even though I have not ever in my life noticed where the plates are waiting, as Im enjoying the scenery or the company Im with, every eating house is not instant as you have become use to in Mac Donald's, may be you have a more sensitive palate, I hope after this, your be pounced on as they do in the west to try to cream the last dollar from your wallet....

I remember going to a restaurant called Charlie's in Florida, where I use to have a home and the waiter was dressed in a Pin Striped suite and selling me the raw meat and fish as though I was at a market or he was in the stock exchange, then when we asked for a desert, they said they have stopped them, because it takes 20 minutes longer to serve and they make more money just selling the starter and main course.,

I've been coming to Thailand for 30 years no and in the last 10 year there is so many people trying to change the ways we love about Thailand, they want it made like there western home, when in reality the Thai's can teach the west so much in manners s decorum and patients, if you dont like it here why come. stay in your totally insincere world and fast food yuk.

Give the Balcony Pub a try, see if you get the service you deserve as surfcrest did, at least the food is amazing, so if you see a guy just tapping his fingers, looking at the rear of the building, for 15 minutes waiting for his food looking bored, say Hi to him, he needs a lot of loving poor thing. Im sure he desereved it really.....

...however, I guess this case at Niddy's Nook is Completely Different, because Who Knows.

May 10th, 2006, 21:16
I too will be stopping by the Nook when I visit Pattaya again early June. I too shall post my findings. Maybe if a few more of you old gals would just go and try it, you would be able to form your own opinions and not rely on the few trolls here who definitely should be on your ignore lists. :idea:

American Teacher-old
May 10th, 2006, 22:33
As for CHRIS OF NIDDYS CROOK,he s deserves to be run down because he s a dipstick.

Once again Mr. Sydney, Boygeorge (or whatever other user name you choose to post under), you have proven to the entire board what an immature, illiterate cad you really are. Honestly, is that your best attempt at trying to discredit me? By calling me a dipstick? It's sad really, this isn't the place for you. An internet message board requires that you write with a degree of efficiency -- and honestly -- a second grade writing level doesn't make you look good.

Perhaps you should consider getting a tutor -- or at least a secretary who could turn your confused, childish remarks into something that resembled the English language.

Fondly,
Chris

www.niddysnook.com (http://www.niddysnook.com)
** Check out the tastiest cheeseburger in Pattaya! **

May 10th, 2006, 22:40
Boygeorge's post didn't bash Niddy's Nook. His only criticism was directed at you, personally -- that you were a "dipstick" -- something that you have proven by responding to a troll.

May 11th, 2006, 02:21
Since BoyGeorge doesn't like Niddy's.. that's enough to make me try it when I'm there in June.. LOL

May 11th, 2006, 03:36
Since BoyGeorge doesn't like Niddy's.. that's enough to make me try it when I'm there in June.. LOL
Whatever puts the asses in the seats!

May 11th, 2006, 06:56
Village idiots such as boygeorge and letmeboreyou are best put on ignore.

To repeat an observation I have made before, reading the forum is more enjoyable, and makes a lot more sense, when they are not a part of it.
When another poster quotes part of a post from these idiots, to make a point, just reading the quoted part reconfirms my opinion.

Only my opinion, others will disagree. Mai pen rai.

Abuelo-old
May 11th, 2006, 07:46
I was in Pattaya late March early April and stopped into Niddy's Nook after seeing all of the previous commotion on here. I had a wonderful cheseeburger, the service was fine, and I had a pleasant chat with AT. I also happened to be around on election day and after a day at the beach I found my favorite Thai place closed so I ended up back at the Nook and had another great cheeseburger with good service. I will gladly return the next time I am in town and have a need for a good sized cheeseburger.

May 11th, 2006, 07:58
Tell us about the MEAT.

Did it taste like high quality BEEF? (I am skeptical because I usually find the beef in Thailand the worse in the world, and one can only imagine what goes into the burger meat.)

How was it cooked?

Was it RED in the middle?

Oh, and the cheese, what about the cheese?

Was there a PICKLE?

Did the bun have mold on it like people say happens at Fatty's? (Though the mold can add flavour, like certain cheeses.)

May 11th, 2006, 09:38
I am skeptical because I usually find the beef in Thailand the worse in the world

You're insane, or just ignorant. Thailand has some wonderful beef (and I'm talking about the bovine kind).

May 11th, 2006, 09:46
I am skeptical because I usually find the beef in Thailand the worse in the world

You're insane, or just ignorant. Thailand has some wonderful beef (and I'm talking about the bovine kind).
Perhaps both, because the everyday standard is disgusting. Tough, overcooked, tastes more like what I imagine horsemeat tastes like. Hmmm, maybe it is horsemeat. So you mean at some specialized steakhouse that has their own organic farm? Where would that be?

Oh, and if Thai beef is so good (not) why do wealthier people always spring for Aussie, Argie, and US beef? Have you ever heard of people calling for imported Thai beef abroad?

Thai pork is rather nice, the chicken is nothing special but not especially bad, and the seafood fantastic, but the beef?
Where's the GOOD beef? Not in Thailand.

catawampuscat
May 11th, 2006, 09:58
For those continuing to follow this thread, boygeenyus is correct, ignoring the trolls is the only way to handle them...They crave attention and
I am sure the latest incarnation of bbbv can't understand why I confront the village idiot and not him..The reason is because that troll is beneath
contempt and it would be like having a conversation with the contents of my toilet bowl after a good dump..Much better to flush and move on.....
Neddy also has the right idea and the ignore option saves one from exposure to the babblings of the demented..

Why don't I just use the ignore feature for the village idiot?? The answer is that he is a dangerous spin doctor and a self serving bore..
Unfortunately, much time is wasted in the Sunee bar beers and the orange chairs at Jomtien discussing lmtu and if unchallenged, many would be deceived
and misinformed, especially if they are new to this forum or Thailand.. I have been warned by friends that the village idiot was trying to unmask
catawampuscat's identity and would seek to damage my reputation, contact the Thai authorities with false accusations, and even hire some of the
less unsavory characters in Sunee to intimidate, threaten or even assault me or anyone on his enemies list.. I think this is unlikely, but as Chris at Niddys
can tell you, he is a bad one to have as an enemy.. I think it was one of his friends who said to me, "you don't need enemies when you have a friend like the village idiot".. (slightly altered to leave out a real world name)......

American Teacher-old
May 11th, 2006, 14:17
Niddy's cheeseburger is made entirely with beef. It is mostly ground sirloin, but we also mix in a little ground round in to keep it moist and juicy. In addition, we add our secret recipe of herbs and spices -- just enough to give it something special, but not too much to take away from the natural good taste. Our buns are fresh and certainly never stale or moldy.

In Pattaya, a lot of restaurants sell what they call "cheeseburgers," but they add in pork and other meat bi-products because it is cheaper. We never do this. That's why we have the "tastiest cheeseburger in Pattaya!"

Drop by "The Nook" and give us a try!

Fondly,
Chris & Niddy

** Send money to your boyfriend in Pattaya - fast and cheap! **
(see our online store for details)

piston10
May 11th, 2006, 18:56
It's lovely to know, Chris, that your buns are fresh and never stale or mouldy. Does this go for both of you?

American Teacher-old
May 11th, 2006, 19:07
It's lovely to know, Chris, that your buns are fresh and never stale or mouldy. Does this go for both of you?

You bet!

May 11th, 2006, 19:36
You are all sluts!

Do I see an improvement over, "Cunts?" Boygorge must be getting mellow in her old age.

Smiles
May 11th, 2006, 23:12
You are funny, BoyGorgeous . . . :cheers: really ...

Cheese .... :albino:

May 11th, 2006, 23:19
Maybe off topic, but do people here who have spent any time in Thailand actually believe everyday Thai BEEF is not NASTY?

May 11th, 2006, 23:57
Where exactly have you been eating beef? One of those Isan street stands with guts hanging from a hook? You probably got water buffalo instead of cow.

May 12th, 2006, 00:06
Where exactly have you been eating beef? One of those Isan street stands with guts hanging from a hook? You probably got water buffalo instead of cow.
Mostly regular restaurants.
Where do you go where it is so good?
Like for example a green curry with beef, the beef is just tough, chewy, little flavour, and no resemblence to how good beef can be. I didn't think I had a minority opinion about this, I have heard this from lots of other people too. Different countries have stengths and weaknesses in their food products, its a fact.

May 12th, 2006, 00:14
Thai beef is not as good as American, Australian, Argentinian, or Japanese, but it is far, far from the "worst in the world".

Thai-French, Chokechai, and Sarika ranches all produce very decent beef. I tend not to order beef at streetside or cheapo tourist restaurants, but find it to be very acceptable to very good at middle and upper-range places. You can try the Chokechai Steakhouse in Sukhumvit 23 if you like.

May 12th, 2006, 00:24
Thai beef is not as good as American, Australian, Argentinian, or Japanese, but it is far, far from the "worst in the world".

Thai-French, Chokechai, and Sarika ranches all produce very decent beef. I tend not to order beef at streetside or cheapo tourist restaurants, but find it to be very acceptable to very good at middle and upper-range places. You can try the Chokechai Steakhouse in Sukhumvit 23 if you like.
OK, I did understand there are premium steakhouses which source from the premium ranches in Thailand. This beef is a tiny percentage of the beef consumed in Thailand. So, we really kind of agree. The everyday stuff is not high quality. Whether it is the worse (everyday standard) is debatable (and probably unknowable), but I have eaten beef all over the world, and it is by far the worse everyday standard in my experience.

May 12th, 2006, 00:29
No, we do not agree.

"Every day" Thai beef is not bad. Bottom-of-the-barrel Thai beef -- like at those 30 baht steak places -- is bad. Just like the steaks you might get served at a Waffle House as part of a $3.99 steak-and-eggs breakfast are bad. Common sense applies: you don't expect high-quality beef in a low-quality place. Quality of pork and chicken isn't quite as variable.

May 12th, 2006, 06:05
Some of the best beef and chicken I've ever had was in a tiny local grill out in the wilds of Bang Kapi, far away from the malls. Don't know where their source of beef was- during some of the bird flu scare it was all they had except fish.

May 12th, 2006, 06:36
Some of the best beef and chicken I've ever had was in a tiny local grill out in the wilds of Bang Kapi, far away from the malls. Don't know where their source of beef was- during some of the bird flu scare it was all they had except fish.
Great, but lets face it, Thailand is not a steak culture just like its not a wine culture. Not saying that's bad, its just the way it is. Thai cuisine has some great recipes for beef, like the salads, too bad the main ingredient is usually substandard. The spices hide it well enough.

GWMinUS
May 12th, 2006, 06:42
Wine in Thailand???
I do not think so...

But that is another thread!!!

I enjoy pork, chicken and fish in Thailand.
Always good stir-fried with many prick!!

Not so attrated to beef, unless it is on two feet!!!

May 12th, 2006, 07:06
Great, but lets face it, Thailand is not a steak culture just like its not a wine culture. Not saying that's bad, its just the way it is.

Well said.
Eat what is available and fresh. There's plenty of options.
Tons of Thai food choices without steak.
If you want steak, be prepared to pay for it, and go somewhere where it will be prepared as you would like e.g. farang style place.

May 12th, 2006, 07:06
Wine in Thailand???
I do not think so...

But that is another thread!!!

I enjoy pork, chicken and fish in Thailand.
Always good stir-fried with many prick!!

Not so attrated to beef, unless it is on two feet!!!
You might be if it was nice Argentinian bife de chorizo cooked medium rare served with chimichurri sauce and a nice Malbec red.

May 12th, 2006, 14:00
American Teacher,

I am looking forward to trying Niddy's fare in a couple of weeks. Kick pass the idiots. Much success.

Daxus

American Teacher-old
May 12th, 2006, 15:56
American Teacher,

I am looking forward to trying Niddy's fare in a couple of weeks. Kick pass the idiots. Much success.

Daxus

Thanks Daxus! We look forward to meeting you soon!

Fondly,
Chris & Niddy

** send money to your Pattayan friend fast and cheap **
(see our online store for details)

May 12th, 2006, 18:37
Maybe off topic, but do people here who have spent any time in Thailand actually believe everyday Thai BEEF is not NASTY?

I've been told the "everyday Thai beef" that Thai would buy in a Thai market, is from an animal too old to breed, to work or to give milk. When it's no longer profitable to care for it...WHAP!...between the eyes with a heavy object and Bossy's off to...Hamburger Heaven.

Most Thailand markets and restaurants, catering to farang, claim their beef is from somewhere else--Which may be true but if their supplier runs out?...then what?
I had a nice steak at Chez Nong in Sunnee. It may have been Thai beef.
The worst steak I've ever had was at Sizzler--But many people swear by it...or at it.