PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Seeks Farang Buddies (no bar)

November 6th, 2011, 01:29
Hi Guys!

I'm a 43 yo masculine Canadian who's not into the bar scene. I know Pattaya is a bit of an unusual place in that most activities involve the bar scene. I'd like to meet some people (my age or younger, any background) who are tired of this scene and wish to meet elsewhere and/or during day time (not that Pattaya has much of an day-time alternative other then the beach). I've been living here since August and find my life quite boring at the moment. I do have a Thai partner but he works night shift in an Issan bar and during the day-time he spends time at his hair salon which we co-own. I'm going to register for one of the Sunday AM expat meetings (Mercure Hotel), but I thought I'd try various options by placing a posting here.

RonanTheBarbarian
November 6th, 2011, 03:03
Hi Lonely-Farang.

It would probably be helpful if you clarified exactly what you want to meet people for.

You say you want to meet "buddies", but specify that they be the same age or younger. That would indicate that perhaps you are seeking fuck buddies?
But the fact that you are thinking of joining one of the Expat meeting suggests that you want to increase your circle of Platonic friends :dontknow:

Perhaps you just want too meet younger guys because you think that you will have more in common with guys that are not yet retired (I am guessing that you have realised already that the age-profile of farang expats in pattaya skews older).

If that is the case, if you said what line of work you are in it would probably help in attracting like-minded people. And if you are not working at the moment, and you just want to meet Platonic friends, perhaps you are being unduly restrictive in your desired age-profile. If you want to make a buddy for daytime outings to things like (say) Vineyard visits or fishing trips, probably a younger retired guy (say 55-65) would suit you just as well or better.

I would imagine that your problem is that farang guys under 50 in Pattaya mostly have a day-time occupation, and so are not as free as you for hanging about during the day.

(I am presuming from you post that you DO NOT have a major daytime occupation in Pattaya, perhaps I have picked it up wrong!)

loke
November 6th, 2011, 03:10
We can have a drink when I arrive Pattaya in December.

But I think looking for expats living in Pattaya they will probably be more than 43 years old.

But if youre looking to socialize with westerners, age doesnt mean that much ?

christianpfc
November 6th, 2011, 03:50
Congratulations on living full-time in Thailand before retirement age.

There is a lot to see around Pattaya, but since August you probably had time to do so.

Do you already speak Thai or did you consider to learn Thai? That could fill a lot of time and you could socialize with Thais.

November 6th, 2011, 14:34
Hi Again Guys...

Thanks for your replies! Here is some clarification as to my situation.

I am a rice queen and my partner is a beautiful 20 year old Thai (and before you start thinking... he was never a bar boy) and we were married this year in South Africa. I hope this clarifies the question about my need for Farang-Farang sex. For me a buddy is purely friendship.

I've sponsored my partner as a permanent resident to come to Canada (visit & student visas were previously unsuccessful). I'm in Thailand waiting out the application process (currently a 22 month wait for a decision) as the long-distance thing became quite tedious for us both. I've greased some palms and after getting a 3-month Visa am about ready to renew for a 1-year Visa (only later did I discover the Miracle of Thailand which is the Education Visa, Oh well maybe for year 2).

I've tried to learn Thai but my partner is disinterested in helping me, so now his spoken English is now better then most immigrants already in Canada. The Thai language classes may be a good option for socializing as well, but my partner is a very jealous type so I cannot be seen socializing with Thai guys unless they are way past their sell-by-date (yes I have a good sense of humour!)

The age range I've mentioned for buddy-ship I know is a bit of a stretch, it's just that I'm a young-at-heart kinda guy and have always dated and socialized with people my age or younger. If your a like-minded over 40 yo and feel comfortable socializing with someone who still has all his own, original parts, then by all means lets hang out!

I could troll the beach for Farangs like the bar boys do before their shift, but I have no clue who's an expat and who's catching the next plane back home to their wife, thus I'm really wanting to make friends with those of you who are here more on a (semi)permanent basis.

By the way, I went to my first expat meeting today but it's very early days, very cliquey and seemed not so welcoming for (solo)newcomers.

Thanks Again!

PattayaBob
November 6th, 2011, 16:53
Hi Lonely, may I suggest you visit the Pattaya City Expats Club that meets at the Tavern by the Sea part of Amari, north Pattaya beach road. You will find more friendly people and quite a few gay expats that are very social end helpful. Also Corner Bar in Sunee has many expats that hang out and chat in the evenings. Good Luck

November 6th, 2011, 18:06
It was the other Pattaya Expats club that I went to today (at the Mercure Hotel), perhaps I'll try the competition next Sunday.

francois
November 6th, 2011, 23:51
If your a like-minded over 40 yo and feel comfortable socializing with someone who still has all his own, original parts, then by all means lets hang out!
Thanks Again!

Based on above comment I don't think many old, worn out farang will likely want to hang with you. 555

November 7th, 2011, 00:37
As long as their sense of humor is still intact I don't mind slowing my walking pace to match that of their zimmer frame.