View Full Version : Ten out of Ten babies say NO to circumcision

christianpfc
November 3rd, 2011, 05:51
I just found this video "Ten out of Ten babies say NO to circumcision"

[youtube:3g5aq1yk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW1a9VUu4i4[/youtube:3g5aq1yk]

via this website http://www.circumcision.org/index.html

cottmann
November 3rd, 2011, 19:04
Male circumcision of a non-consenting child is as much a form of child abuse as is female circumcision. Parental consent to an unnecessary operation is not excuse. Unfortunately, the medical profession makes money from it, and it has replaced the common childhood tonsillectomy as a form of revenue. Apart from religious practices (and why they should not be considered child abuse I have no idea - can I sacrifice a male or female virgin under the guise of religion?) there is only a limited number of conditions that justify male circumcision. The common female reason of "It looks better" leaves me cold; I like a hood on my guys.

Dboy
December 16th, 2011, 08:43
Male circumcision of a non-consenting child is as much a form of child abuse as is female circumcision. Parental consent to an unnecessary operation is not excuse.

Agree completely! I really hope this eventually becomes an "issue" in the West. Circumcision is just another item to add to the list of the dumb ideas perpetuated by the christian religion.

December 16th, 2011, 08:58
What about all the research that indicates that circumcision reduces the risk of HIV?

December 17th, 2011, 00:16
who cares ... its no skin off my nose

christianpfc
December 17th, 2011, 00:52
What about all the research that indicates that circumcision reduces the risk of HIV?
There was one article in a journal to show that circumcision reduces the risk of HIV in heterosexual west African men. The experiment was stopped earlier, because the results were so clear. (Not very scientific.) There was another article that disproved these findings.

The entire story leaves me to wonder: whow do you measure the risk in getting HIV? Ask a gay man about his age or dick size, do you expect a true answer? I don't. And about frequency of sex, I wouldn't even bother to ask anyone.