PDA

View Full Version : Bondi, Two Faces

May 9th, 2006, 14:59
Hello,
I'm planning a three week stay at the end of May. Does anyone have any experience with either the Bondi or Two Faces hotels? I have never booked a room in this area but a change is needed. Another thought was the View Talay condos. I've stayed in Boyztown and to me they are both overpriced. Welcome Plaza was nice most of the time and although it is best situated it gets boring after a year or two. In December we stayed in a condo at Center Condo where the room itself was nicely upgraded but found the common areas dirty and dismal. Advice and comments appreciated. Thanks.

Daxus

May 9th, 2006, 16:01
Daxus,

If you type 'Bondi' into the little square next to 'search' at the upper right corner of this or any web page on Sawatdee, you will be brought to the previous discussion threads covering Bondi (and Two Faces). The net result: both are good basic hotels, some love 'em and some hate 'em, but the Royal Cliff they are not.

Cheers,

D.

May 9th, 2006, 19:09
Not to my taste either of them. But that is me and you might think they're great. Also depends on your budget of course

May 10th, 2006, 11:59
at both The Bondi and Two Faces. as mentioned there is little to choose between the two, but I found that I prefer Two Faces because it's bathrooms are slightly bigger, the rooms are better decorated, and the place is a little cheaper. My own personal bug bear is cockroaches and in both these places I have only ever seen one or two in the room and I stayed a long time at Two Faces.

May 10th, 2006, 23:42
was there a "joiners fee" for the cockroaches ? :idea:

May 11th, 2006, 12:16
was there a "joiners fee" for the cockroaches ? :idea:

No joiners fee for the roaches, but 'my boy' did give me a post coital tip as he thought I had supplied a buffet! :cheers:

May 12th, 2006, 10:24
Hey men,

I booked at Two Faces Hotel because they were the first to reply and offered me a special rate that didn't hurt. Out of six Hotels only two responded. The other four, well, why bother advertising? Seems like wasted bucks to me. Anyway, I am looking forward to my stay at Two Faces. I'll let you guys know how it went on my return. Thanks, everyone for the info. Take care.

Regards,
Daxus

TrongpaiExpat
May 30th, 2006, 13:43
The BF and I are spending a few nights at Bondi now. It's OK, quite a few unoccupied rooms. Bed too hard for me and AC good in bedroom but not so cool in the living room. Bathroom small. Very nice staff and owner. Nice area, up and cuming location. Presently it's cash only for rooms.

Personally for me, I have to take Pattaya/Jomtiem in small doses. I don't see why so many farangs live here?

May 30th, 2006, 14:57
The BF and I are spending a few nights at Bondi now. It's OK, quite a few unoccupied rooms. Bed too hard for me and AC good in bedroom but not so cool in the living room. Bathroom small. Very nice staff and owner. Nice area, up and cuming location. Presently it's cash only for rooms.

Personally for me, I have to take Pattaya/Jomtiem in small doses. I don't see why so many farangs live here?

I've gotten to the point where I am at Bondi 2-3 weekends a month, and it is comfortable as a "home away from home." -- The trick is, if you are staying for a bit longer time, to get one of the end rooms, which have more sunlight and are a bit bigger. Still the biggest draw, as you pointed out, is the staff and owners, who are excellent hosts and delightful people. I've often wanted to try some of the other recently-opened places (Room Club, Two Faces, Avalon), but can't seem to get away from Bondi!

As for spending a lot of time in Pattaya, I think everyone has their reasons -- for those without a boyfriend, there are a lot of choices for "making special friends." For those of us who have a partner, and who have been going a long time, the social life is very nice. When we go to places like Dick's, Bondi, or the beach, we run into old friends, and it is always pleasant to catch up.

As an expat in the region, we gain a lot of enjoyment and great company from our fellow expat friends. Living in Jomtien one tends to meet nicer folks more easily than, say, Bangkok, where most of the kinder western people tend to avoid the gay scene and go out in their own little pocket of the city. That said, it seems that a lot of the Jomtien set are moving further south as Jomtien becomes more busy and congested -- so maybe there will be a small gay soi in Bang Sarae one day!