PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok to Danang

a447
October 31st, 2011, 18:06
I want to fly diresctly from BKK to Danang, but it doesn't seem posible. All websites suggest you have to go via Saigon.

Is this true?

October 31st, 2011, 18:27
These are the cheapest flights from Bangkok to Da Nang found by KAYAK users in the past 48 hours. Use the links to see if you can get a better flight deal.
http://www.kayak.com/flights/BKK-DAD/20 ... 2011-11-29 (http://www.kayak.com/flights/BKK-DAD/2011-11-23/2011-11-29)

goji
November 1st, 2011, 02:59
I do not know a direct route. You can fly via Hanoi or Saigon. Jet Star Asia do cheap internal flights, with Air Asia a cheap option on the BKK to Hanoi or Saigon leg.

pong
November 2nd, 2011, 13:21
yes-this is true-why should there be a flight to any small town around Asia from BKK?
There has been a direct=NOT nonstop flight for a few years, first THai, then some small airline, via Ubol-not enough demand.
Even bigger towns as DN in Thaild here also do not have any INternatioanl flight.
In general: ANY of those old-fashioned people named tr-agents can telly uo that to travel into a smaller town-go via capital or main city in the country. In the past there were also sometimes enormous problems with just booking those domestic legs.

a447
November 2nd, 2011, 15:29
yes-this is true-why should there be a flight to any small town around Asia from BKK?

Why? because it is one of Vietnam's top tourist spots, that's why.

I found out today that Airasia now flys direct from KL to Danang. A new route, apparently.

Bummer!

I have booked Airasia BKK to HCM and Vietnam Airlines HCM to Danang.

Beachlover
November 2nd, 2011, 23:14
Yeah, that's true... more and more of these little routes are being filled as the LCCs expand. Bangkok-Danang will eventually happen.

fedssocr
November 6th, 2011, 05:46
maybe eventually...but probably not daily. I flew Da Nang - BKK via SGN a couple of years ago. They were updating the airport there at the time but it's still pretty small. I suppose as a gateway to Hoi An and other beach destinations it might be popular. In any event, a connection was not too terrible other than changing terminals at SGN but i understand they have updated that airport as well since I was there.

goji
November 6th, 2011, 06:11
Danang is a lovely little airport. Whilst waiting for my outbound flight, I looked out of the window & saw 2 runways & 0 planes.

You just know there's going to be no waiting around for a take off slot, so that's one up on all the London airports.