PDA

View Full Version : china airport exchange

billy2bs
October 28th, 2011, 00:33
I will fly to China from BKK next year. Can someone tell me if there is an exchange booth at the exit from the terminal which will take USA Tr checks? I have not seen any info on this as I have searched?
Thanks in advance. :happy7:

arsenal
October 28th, 2011, 08:35
Hello Billy
Getting foreign currency in China is very difficult. Even the huge international airport at Guangzhou only had 200 Baht the last time I was there, probably the same Baht I changed into RMB when I was there previously. I am not sure that China has heard of travellers cheques or if you can cash them. However all their atms take foreign cards and can 'speak' English. It's quite easy to open a Chinese bank account, takes about twenty minutes but best to have someone to translate.

pong
October 28th, 2011, 09:46
do NOT take TCs to there-only Bank of CHina is wiling to take them and charges 1,5% off-they pay you out for 98,5US$ in lieu of 100,. Varies per airport as to what bank operates there-say which one!
TIP: if you are comfy with this: as you say to start from BKK; get visum here=BKK, just 1100THB and CHANGE cash THb at SuperRIch near BigC/opposite WTC-very best rates for cash CNY-even better as taking my own money=eur from home and direct exchange in China (via the 2 way exch in +out of THB)

October 31st, 2011, 18:06
Is it possible to change Chinese renminbi into dollars at the airport without a foreign exchange certificate?